• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Tri-Ace trademarks Judas Code

Coxy

株式会社トライエース
商願2014-37272 ジューダスコード JUDAS CODE

Possible Microsoft conference reveal? They've funded their games in the past. Or possibly just a mobile game but the timing...

Takao

Banned
If it's something Tri-Ace themselves are trademarking, that means they own the IP. I'm not sure Microsoft, Sony, or Nintendo would fund a big console RPG from them without owning the property. It's probably a phone game.

Jucksalbe

Banned
I'd love a new Tri-Ace game, so I hope it's some kind of bigger RPG project. The name doesn't really tell anything.

Wagram

Deep down I was hoping that since SE doesn't care much about E3 this year that we would see something from Tri-Ace. I hope they announce Star Ocean 5, but that's unlikely. Even more unlikely we'll see Valkyrie Profile 3: Hrist.

Vazra

irresponsible vagina leak
May this be kinda like Resonance of Fate in terms of combat but more complex as once you understood what to do the game got super easy.

Coxy

If it's something Tri-Ace themselves are trademarking, that means they own the IP. I'm not sure Microsoft, Sony, or Nintendo would fund a big console RPG from them without owning the property. It's probably a phone game.

Good point, if they're funding it themselves, expectations should be suitably lowered

Oh, hooray! I love news about Wolf Team.

That sounds really neat, too! For some reason, hearing that kind of reminds me of Xenosaga. Probably because Tri-Ace made Star Ocean, and Xenosaga is full of Biblical things.

I hope it's a really neat game. I'm excited.

HORRORSHØW

If it's something Tri-Ace themselves are trademarking, that means they own the IP. I'm not sure Microsoft, Sony, or Nintendo would fund a big console RPG from them without owning the property.

biDFHU0.gif

It's probably a phone game.

0254a465f22f0dcec56b3c5cf6220807.gif

Eusis

Microsoft would and has historically in the past. They just tend to want exclusive console rights instead I think.

EDIT: Of course, the question could be whether Microsoft WANTS to fund an RPG by them period. Of which... I dunno, you'd think they'd have been burned by Infinite Undiscovery but who knows.

duckroll

Keep in mind that the only trademarks that tri-Ace registered before this are their company logo, their company name, Aska Engine, and Aska Tools.

Hugstable

Banned
All I want is Valkyrie Profile Lenneth on PSN. VP3: Hrist would be most loved abd welcomed though. Love the series and aad that Tri-Ace hasnt done anything with the franchise in a while besides the DS game.

chaosblade

Unconfirmed Member
Given that it is tri-Ace themselves, this is probably not anything interesting. I'd like to believe, though.

myrares

Banned

Microsoft funded Sunset Overdrive without owning the IP, they could be doing the same. Let's just wait and see

Error

Jealous of the Glory that is Johnny Depp
judas code makes it sound like an engine, I wouldn't get my hopes up for a game.

Silky

Banned

Microsoft funds a lot of big-scale projects without owning the IP. Gears of War would be an example

MCD

Does MS own Infinite Undiscovery?

Still, MS is still doing Sunset Overdrive without owning it so I don't see why not.

salromano

Oooh, appears Sony also trademarked Entwined in Japan, and a bit before that, Bloodborne.

For those who don't know, those were already trademarked here.

Soriku

Keep in mind that the only trademarks that tri-Ace registered before this are their company logo, their company name, Aska Engine, and Aska Tools.

So are we expecting something substantial? Or am I understanding your post wrong?

Top Bottom