• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Trials Evolution |OT| ROCK'N'ROLL TRIALS STYLE BABY

Sectus

Whoooooooooo, finally finished my caber tossing skill game! There's not a ton of depth to the gameplay of it to be honest, but hopefully people will find it enjoyable just for the complete absurdity of it.

2012-04-22_19-55-186cuhb.png

2012-04-22_19-52-19xcubc.png

2012-04-22_19-52-10xlufc.png

MMaRsu

Banned
DAMN I am SO HYPE for this editor. I have barely touched the single player because of it, and I have yet to unlock the final two bikes ( donkey and another A license bike ) lol. Also I'm gonna start drawing tracks out on paper at work, I work in a callcenter so it's no trouble at all between calls. I can already promise my second track will be so much more amazing than my first one.

This game is worth 50€ in my opinion. Not that I would have been able to buy it day one for that price, but holy shit at the amount of content.

Sectus how are you able to take screenshots? Capture card? Make a video and put it on youtube!

MM how do I get to your tracks? You're on my friends list.
Fuck Sewage Plant. Forget gold I just want to beat the friend that is a half second in front of me but an hour later the water jets are still screwing me over.

Yaboosh

Super Sleuth
Fuck Sewage Plant. Forget gold I just want to beat the friend that is a half second in front of me but an hour later the water jets are still screwing me over.

I'd take Sewage Plant over Mind Bender any day.

MMaRsu

Banned

Just go to Track Central, get tracks then press X to search for tracks. You can filter by gamertag and you can pick people on your friends list!

This game is like an abusive relationship with the love of your life.

Add me; FollowSmoke on XBL.

Added. I add people off NeoGAF Trials whenever I see them on but a few people on there have full friends lists.

Is the NeoGAF Trials overall leader board going to be a part of the first post? I'd like to check in on where I stand.

Sectus

Sectus how are you able to take screenshots? Capture card? Make a video and put it on youtube!
Yeah, I'm using a capture card. Maybe I'll record my track later. I was considering to make a video showing off my tracks and the best ones I've seen uploaded so far.

By the way, I don't think this is explained in any of the tutorials, but there's some codes you can do in track descriptions. For instance, this is the code for showing the Y button on the xbox controller:
Code:
%button_y%
Replace "y" with other buttons to show those instead. I'm not sure if you can show analog stick directions.

You can also use this code for adding linebreaks:
Code:
%linebreak%

Yaboosh

Super Sleuth
That's really good. Some really crap camera in the middle there though, which spoiled my enjoyment a little

Going around that corner after the steep jump into the building? I feel like I have to take it slow through there even though you want speed for the features coming up.

Brakara

Fiju, my custom track is finaly done; spent about 10 hours on it.

If anyone's willing to check it out, my GT is Duallusion. It has fun ramps and a loop and fish jumping out of the water n' shit;)

Why don't you have a leaderboard time on your own track?

My main criticism is what I see on most user created tracks, they claim it's a much easier difficulty than it really is, and this is no exception. With hard obstacles it's a hard track, not medium. And that s why it has been downloaded 116 times with only 5 people making it through (well, it's kinda long too).

As for the track itself, I enjoyed it. Several cool obstacles that came out of nowhere, which I like (though may be a bit frustrating on the first run). The only exception being the part where the rider is blocked by a hill in the front of him. Not cool.

Addnan

I'm running into this weird problem in MP where I'm playing as normal and then suddenly at the start of a new track my screen gets this floral print over it and I have to finish the track with it on there

MMaRsu

Banned
Fiju, my custom track is finaly done; spent about 10 hours on it.

If anyone's willing to check it out, my GT is Duallusion. It has fun ramps and a loop and fish jumping out of the water n' shit;)

Well I played your custom map although it had a different name then your post here. But it was under your GT so I assume that was it, it was actually really cool man! A lot of crazy jumps and one in particular.

I only failed 5 times on that track, but I wouldnt call it easy more medium.

Going around that corner after the steep jump into the building? I feel like I have to take it slow through there even though you want speed for the features coming up.

Nah, it's the bit where you ride through a building and all you can see is wall. I messed up the jump first time and it was impossible to try and correct it because I couldn't even see my rider.

That corner did mess me up the first time, but I was okay with that one!

In Inferno 3 news, I just got it down to 55 faults from 259, which I'm pleased with! Got over those three wooden platforms towards the start on the FIRST ATTEMPT!

God damnit Gigatrack. The curved lines are what really makes this track a pain. It's too hard to tell where the damn line is sometimes and I feel like I'm going crosseyed.

Brakara

Gonna work on a v2 before I submit to OP. If anyone else is willing to download it and give me some feedback, I'd appreciate it. It's Metallurgy v1 for gamertag arvinater.

Would like to see a checkpoint before the railway track (last obstacle before the end), and it was maybe a little difficult to see the track and obstacles in the beginning. Otherwise, no complaints. Well, there are two obstacles that seem out-of-place, in that they are much harder than the others, but I guess that's by design?

Edit: by the way, I never heard the checkpoints (the sound they are supposed to make when you reach them). Is that right?

Brakara

Nah, it's the bit where you ride through a building and all you can see is wall. I messed up the jump first time and it was impossible to try and correct it because I couldn't even see my rider.!

Agreed, hiding the rider is a big no-no in track design (or at least should be).

But in this track it's mainly a problem when you don't know about it, typically during the first run or when it's been awhile since you last played the track. And I really hadn't any problem with it on my second (4-fault) run.

Fucking piece of garbage controller starts giving me the low battery light show while I'm failing miserably at extreme tracks. Doesn't get any more annoying.

MMaRsu

Banned
Got the track, MMaRsu. Thanks, man.

NP hope you like it..

weird thing I entered a 48 hr gold card I got from See5harp ( thx dude ) but sadly in the game I cannot select MP? I actually did play some MP last night on my previous 48 hr card. What could be wrong? :((

Did they switch off MP for 48 hour card users? That would suck :/

Fjordson

Woo, something clicked for me last night when playing. All of a sudden I went from all silvers on the first set of medium tracks to having gold on all but one.

Of course now I'm trying to use the Phoenix bike and am completely out of control =[

Jamie OD

Got the game today and everything from the presentation to the level design is so endearingly odd. It very challenging and frustrating but becomes so wacky with the background effects and driver deaths it throws me off guard. It's a bizarre game but pretty fun so far.

Gen X

Trust no one. Eat steaks.
Fucking piece of garbage controller starts giving me the low battery light show while I'm failing miserably at extreme tracks. Doesn't get any more annoying.

Oh it does. Try a battery pack that doesn't *quite* sit in properly and every now and then you get a "Controller Unplugged" alert on the screen. =D

I ended up stretching the springs in the controller to make sure the batteries stay connected but it did take about a dozen notifications before something had to be done. Imagine how frustrating it would've been in multiplayer. Lol.

They really need to work on sorting custom tracks. When I hit "highest rated this week" I expect tracks that have high star ratings from tons of people, not tracks that have been five starred by like just the creator and his buddy.

Yaboosh

Super Sleuth
They really need to work on sorting custom tracks. When I hit "highest rated this week" I expect tracks that have high star ratings from tons of people, not tracks that have been five starred by like just the creator and his buddy.

Choose most downloaded, they tend to be really highly rated also. And with tons of ratings.

Edit: I absolutely hate the tracks with altered physics. Fuck you Limbo track. Fuck you.

Duallusion

Thanks for the feedback guys and for giving it a shot:) It's easy to misjudge the difficulty on your own track with all the testing that needs to be done. Times required for medals are way off the mark too. I'm already working on my next one - I usualy give up in the middle of my first try with such editors (worldcraft back in the day was my first) but this thing has me hooked. Even more then the game itself (or in other words; I suck at it) The editor and track central alone are worth the asking price.

Tried your track MMarSu; great ambience in the cave section and lots of fun stuff happening. Camera placement needs some work though - it's not flowing properly. Gonna check other tracks tomorrow.

Serious GOTY contender, this.

I find the LIMBO track pretty easy. It's waaaaay easier than 1-bit Trip was, which was kinda similar

Oh, and question, does the 500 faults/half an hour limit apply over all the tracks in a tournament as well?

Yaboosh

Super Sleuth
I find the LIMBO track pretty easy. It's waaaaay easier than 1-bit Trip was, which was kinda similar

Oh, and question, does the 500 faults/half an hour limit apply over all the tracks in a tournament as well?

You can probably scroll to the end of the leaderboards for the extreme tournament and find out, but I would guess yes.

Camera shifts can either make or break a custom track. I've seen some excellent "cinematic" uses but even more times where the camera will abruptly shift to an awkward angle where it's hard to a) see or b) control your guy, leading to tons of crashes at what would normally be a manageable bump.

Yaboosh

Super Sleuth
There doesnt seem to be a limit on time or faults for tournaments. The last place guy on the Extreme tournament took 80 minutes and 1476 faults.

I don't even see it as an argument. The first extreme track is simply way easier than any of the others. There is no single feature in it that is particularly difficult. Hell I even have a gold in it, that is how easy it is.

I had no patience for the first section of that track and gave up.

Ended up finishing the second Extreme track first.

lush

Only people on my leaderboard from this are from SSX-GAF. Need more.

GT: Stereolab

This game is absolutely perfect. Except the countdown on Skill Game restarts. I'm whiny though.

There doesnt seem to be a limit on time or faults for tournaments. The last place guy on the Extreme tournament took 80 minutes and 1476 faults.

Awesome, cheers, probably worth me trying to set some kind of time on the extreme tournament then since I'll be able to do it! (In 1477 faults)

Just played Insane SuperX by Ash Trey93. Awesome shit.

Edit: Goddamn, my system has crashed twice in the last ten minutes just browsing custom tracks. Wtf. This is the crashiest game I've played on 360.

Mayyhem

God this game is so addicting, its cutting away from my study time (screw you finals -.-).

I only have one other person on my list who plays it and I enjoy competing against him but I would like more friends who play Trials Evo.

GT: Mayyhem

Add me GAF

Cracked top 2000 on Beachead. I'm pretty happy for someone that can suck at this game. Was trying to beat Masochist 187's score for 30 minutes before it clicked. Love the short tracks. Less rage.

andylsun

Got through to hard tracks and over 100 medals. Thanks for the tip above that you don't unlock Platinum until you have 135 - didn't know why I wasn't getting any of those medals.

Hard levels are good for me, the right amount of challenging. I couldn't even start Extreme in Trials HD, and so far finding Hard easier on this game than the earlier one (maybe I'm just getting better).

Not had any GAF online races yet...

Top Bottom