• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Trials of Mana remake announced for PS4, Switch, PC

KiteGr

Wasted opportunity not to include the "Sword of Mana remake" that came on GBA in the Collection... The GB version didn't age well at all!

Also! No mention of the collection coming to PS4?
That's why the only true way to do Retro gaming is with emulators...

Pallas

Gold Member
Man I was going to get the secret of mana remake but I need to add this to it as well! This is awesome. Absolutely loved that game and the music.

buizel

Banned
Also massive news SNES Seiken Densetsu 3/Secret of Mana 2 is getting an English release finally in the collection.

Teslerum

Wasted opportunity not to include the "Sword of Mana remake" that came on GBA in the Collection... The GB version didn't age well at all!.

Apart from graphics the gba remake sucked and wasn't well recieved at all.
I know some people hate it, but Adventures of Mana was a better remake in that regard.

Last edited:

Bullet Club

rpvUC0q.jpg

xZlZECz.jpg

eUnH4GA.jpg

XPjGMrz.jpg

KiteGr

Apart from graphics the gba remake sucked and wasn't well recieved at all.
I know some people hate it, but Adventures of Mana was a better remake in that regard.
Well, why not the new and the old then? Say what you will, the GB game kind of stand out compare to the other 2 SNES ones. It's not like these Roms take to much space...
Why not include the more faithful mobile port then?

sol_bad

I'm a bit confused, what platforms are getting what games?

The Switch is the only platform getting the original SNES version of the games?

Bullet Club

I'm a bit confused, what platforms are getting what games?
PS4, Switch and PC are getting this remake of Seiken Densetsu 3.

The Switch is the only platform getting the original SNES version of the games?
Yes. The Collection Of Mana has the first Game Boy game, Secret Of Mana SNES & Trials Of Mana (Seiken Densetsu 3) SFC English and it's only on the Switch (for now).

sol_bad

Thanks for clearing that up guys. I wonder if there will be any comparison between the official and fan translations of Seiken Densetsu 3.

shark sandwich

tenuously links anime, pedophile and incels
Awesome.

It seems to be a Remake with the same technical and graphic value as Dragon Quest XI.

For me this is the very best announcement of this E3 2019.

I want to play it now :messenger_smiling_hearts:
Same! I’m so glad they made this into a full-blown remake and not just the original game with (budget) 3D graphics like SoM remake.

This was definitely the biggest surprise of E3 for me. Can’t wait for this one.

Trogdor1123

Gold Member
I'm not going to lie, the way trial of mana has been managed has been really confusing.

Two versions of the same game, with the same name, one a remake and one not, coming out on who knows which platforms.... I still want both lol.

I just hope that you can turn the terrible voice acting off.

shark sandwich

tenuously links anime, pedophile and incels
I wonder if it’ll be like the original where you pick 3 characters before you start the game. Or if all 6 join your party like in a typical JRPG

Also really curious how the weapons will work. They said that unlike the original, each character won’t be restricted to a single weapon type.

Shifty1897

We're getting not only Seiken Densetsu 3 in its original form, but a remake as well, plus Romancing SaGa 3!

Hang in there Mother 3 fans, this E3 proved anything can happen if you wait and hope for 24 years.

Elcid

Banned
Definitely copping this. I've been wanting to replay Secret of Mana though. Should I do the remake or should I get the collection and just replay the OG?

sublimit

Banned
Looking good. Do we know if it includes Japanese audio?

Edit:Just checked the Treehouse presentation. It seems there's no Japanese option. :(

Last edited:

Teslerum

Looks good, the only negative I can see is, that the animations are not nearly as charming as they were in the original. Though thats hard tom implement.

buizel

Banned
So is it multiplayer like the original? If not im out, dont really play games by myself... looks v lush though. God i hated that sprite faerie from the original, no-one wanted to play as her

Teslerum

So is it multiplayer like the original? If not im out, dont really play games by myself... looks v lush though. God i hated that sprite faerie from the original, no-one wanted to play as her

I loved Charlie and Kevin. Two of my most memorable video game charachters of all time.

Don't get the hate.

Last edited:

buizel

Banned
I loved Charlie and Kevin. Two of my most memorable video game charachters of all time.

Don't get the hate.

charlie and kevin?

seiken densetsu 3?

740569.jpg

the bottom middle one, i cant remember the names lol

1479627296340.png

for some reeason i think poipoi

Last edited:
Top Bottom