• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Tried taking cold showers daily and it's been good

Onikaan

I used to take a cold shower daily and I really miss doing it. I've gotten lazy and just want the comfort of heat.

Need to get back to it.

S

SLoWMoTIoN

Unconfirmed Member
a human bean said:
People with known heart disease or a risk of heart disease should not chance the potential consequences, according to Dr. Helene Glassberg, an associate professor at the Perelman School of Medicine at the University of Pennsylvania.
An abrupt submersion in cold water, whether a shower or even jumping into a cold pool, could put certain people at risk for heart complications including heart attack or stroke.
“Abrupt exposure to cold water causes your blood vessels to restrict, causes you to take a deep breath, causes your heart rate and blood pressure to potentially go up and this could potentially cause a stressor on the heart,” Glassberg told TODAY.
“I’m not sure if the health benefits are strong enough to outweigh the risks,” she said. “So for anyone with risk, I’d caution them before jumping into something like that.”
Elliott said she agreed those with cardiovascular issues or risks should avoid cold showers. But she added, “If you don’t have any underlying medical conditions, then I don’t see any harm in trying to do it.”

longdi

Banned
I don't jump into cold shower either. You need prep time. Have a cup of hot coffee, shave brush ye teeth. Then enter naked into the shower, start either with your head or your ass, acclimatizate that cold ez pz.

Sub_Level

wants to fuck an Asian grill.
Its fun in the winter when shit is freezing. But in the summer its just lukewarm water because it gets so hot around here.

-Arcadia-

Banned
Never. I recognize the benefits, but the mental benefits of stepping into a warm, relaxing shower cocoon of comfiness, :messenger_relieved: ,well outweigh them for me.

plushyp

My skin feels and looks more sexy and soft for you to touch.
fat-guy-falls-bath-pulls-showe-5307.gif

I guess you think you're pretty cool after taking a cold shower, huh?

But seriously a warm shower and a cup of coffee with breakfast is still the way to go.

Mistake

I tried it before, and it wasn’t bad, but I need hot showers in the winter. I jumped into a cold spring recently, and my hair felt brand new

Winter John

Gold Member
I always have a cold shower after I come back from my morning run. It's refreshing as shit. Also, it's a real good hangover cure.

haxan7

Volunteered as Tribute
Do you guys take a hot shower first, then turn it to cold? Or full cold from the start?

I’ve been taking a regular hot shower, then finishing with a few minutes in full cold for about a year. I didn’t always do it in the summer, because the water was barely cold here.

Hugh Jackman said he used to cold shower on a morning before filming for wolverine and that's how he seemed so pissed off all of the time...because he was pissed off.

Kamina

Golden Boy
Thats nothing.... try abstaining from sugars, alcohol, and caffeine for a real change
I already avoid sugar on minimum 5 days a week (gotta make exceptions to enjoy life every now and then), caffeine isnt really important either, but you have take the beer out of my cold dead hands.

isual

its really good. you just gotta handle that first minute and sing or shouy something.

i go "hallehh humballauh ozaaagalummm balaaa hallehhhh humballah ozaagalumballah." something like that.

F

Foamy

Unconfirmed Member
Nah I'm good. I don't need reminders of when I had to take cold showersin the dark because my loser parents couldn't pay their bills on time.

Kadayi

Banned
I used to do cold showers daily (picked it up of hearing about Wim Hof) definitely dramatically improved cold resistance, however, my shower didn't approve of the constant changing of the temperature and I'm a little loathe to mess around with the new one. Will likely get back into the cold showers again, but it's a little late in the year to start up (gotta start slow and build up the resistance).

dorkimoe

I did it for a week, it actually wasn't that bad. But its nothing to a hot shower :(. The benefits of a cold shower are supposed to be really good too.

Top Bottom