• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Trine 2 Wii U: Next week looks promising for EU/US patch and AUS/NZ release

axisofweevils

Holy crap! Today's real megaton is that more than two people can have the same first name.
Lock if old.

We’d like to apologize to everyone who’s been waiting for the EU/US update and the release in Australia and New Zealand.
At first the promise for release was mid-December and then early January, but neither of those happened.

Long story short, we have been stuck in the submission process and are now once again waiting for approval, although next week is looking promising. Sorry for all the trouble.

http://frozenbyte.com/blog/?p=2152

VICI0US

neat.

bought it while it was on sale last week but I haven't had a chance to actually play it much yet, i'll probably wait until the patch hits to get started.

Sendou

This certainly took long enough. The gamma bug was identified immediately after launch, in November. :/

They sent it to Nintendo early December. Of course this raises the question how long will patch approval be when there are actually multiple games receiving patches?

ozfunghi

Image looks fine on my plasma, but ok. The most welcome addition is procontroller support, because playing it with the wiimote/chuck is rather frustrating (awkward jump button).

AzaK

I thought devs were praising how easy it was to get patches/updates up on the e shop, doesn't appear to be that easy afterall?

Weren't they more talking about Nintendo not charging so much and having too much control over their content? It's been back for a few resubmissions so I imagine they had a bug or two in there, or missed some simple guidelines.

AzaK

I thought devs were praising how easy it was to get patches/updates up on the e shop, doesn't appear to be that easy afterall?

Well it wasn't necessarily Nintendo's fault. FB had to submit multiple times so maybe they had bugs or didn't meet UI guidelines.

Either way it's about damned time!

Weren't they more talking about Nintendo not charging so much and having too much control over their content? It's been back for a few resubmissions so I imagine they had a bug or two in there, or missed some simple guidelines.

Well it wasn't necessarily Nintendo's fault. FB had to submit multiple times so maybe they had bugs or didn't meet UI guidelines.

Either way it's about damned time!

Gafception? How did you manage this?

Pineconn

I'm not 100% certain, but I'm relatively confident that Treyarch sent out a patch for BO2 in late November/very early December; it went live on Christmas Eve. I'm pretty sure Nintendo's patch approval process is molasses.

If you're in Australia:

1. Switch region in settings to UK
2. Make a new Mii
3. Go into UK eShop
4. Buy Mighty Switch Force HD
5. Log out of your UK Mii and into Australian Mii
6. Switch region back

7. Drink deep from the well of hater tears

AzaK

If you're in Australia:

1. Switch region in settings to UK
2. Make a new Mii
3. Go into UK eShop
4. Buy Mighty Switch Force HD
5. Log out of your UK Mii and into Australian Mii
6. Switch region back

7. Drink deep from the well of hater tears

Well I never. Cheers.

blu

Wants the largest console games publisher to avoid Nintendo's platforms.
Voice chat has 'always on' and 'push to talk' modes - nice! Oh, and a proper gamma goes a long way in making the game even more gorgeous.

marc^o^

Nintendo's Pro Bono PR Firm
Looks so good now, it seems like they even made the graphic rendering better on the GamePad.

Voice chat has 'always on' and 'push to talk' modes - nice! Oh, and a proper gamma goes a long way in making the game even more gorgeous.
That's nice. Haven't tried it out yet - can you simply use the built in mic? (I suppose yes but you never know)

AzaK

The patch is up! (At least in EU)

But still no NZ version. I checked 1/2 dozen hours ago (Thursday, the day of updates) and no show. It's >< close to my money going elsewhere.

Edit: Just checked again now and it's still not there in NZ shop. They're just taking the piss now.

Top Bottom