• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Trine 4 announced for PC, PS4, Nintendo Switch and Xbox one - Coming in 2019.

IbizaPocholo

NeoGAFs Kent Brockman
https://www.xboxachievements.com/ne...n-2019--Will-Be-The--Best-In-The-Series-.html

"Trine 4 is going to be the best in the series," said Frozenbyte CEO Lauri Hyvärinen. "We have rekindled our love for the franchise, heard and seen the fan feedback, and our hearts are set on exceeding those expectations. Trine is back!"

Trine 4: The Nightmare Prince will be coming to Xbox One, PlayStation 4, Nintendo Switch and PC sometime in 2019.

nHR3Amj.jpg

http://www.trine4.com/

Thanks mods for the tittle change:messenger_clapping:

Last edited:

ultrazilla

It is announced for the switch as well.

Not in this press release: Bold is mine

Cut and pasted:
"Frozenbyte has announced that Trine 4: The Nightmare Prince will be coming in 2019, with indie game publisher Modus Games handling publishing duties. The fourth entry in the series will also mark Trine's 10th anniversary, meaning the developer is pulling out all of the stops, promising Trine 4 will be "the best in the series".

Since first releasing in 2009, the fantasy action series has sold more than 8 million copies globally, each instalment garnering critical praise. It's also been three years since the last Trine released, with fans requesting another entry for a while (well, three years) now. Frozenbyte is happy to oblige.

"Trine 4 is going to be the best in the series," said Frozenbyte CEO Lauri Hyvärinen. "We have rekindled our love for the franchise, heard and seen the fan feedback, and our hearts are set on exceeding those expectations. Trine is back!"

Trine 4: The Nightmare Prince will be coming to Xbox One, PlayStation 4 and PC sometime in 2019."
End

If it was announced elsewhere for Switch, can you please post the link? Thanks!

ksdixon

Between quantic dream going multiplatform, supermassive going multiplatform and now trine as the latest example, is anyone else getting quietly worried about Sony's games portfolio?

ethomaz

Banned
Not big hopes after Trine 3 being 1/10 of the Original with worsen mechanics lol

They are still making this games? Eternal sale game. I had "fun" with 1, I believe it was a ps+ game. And the sequel looked just like the first.
Because Trine 2 is a remake of Tribe... you can say it is the complete version of what Trine should be... same story, characters, etc.

Think like the movie Evil Dead and Evil Dead 2 (the second is the same movie with better budget and not a sequel).

Trine 2 is better than 1, 3 is easily the weakest.
Trine 2 is basically Trine remade.

Tribe 3 is just ridiculous cash machine... smaller and worst gameplay wise.

Last edited:

Krappadizzle

Gold Member
Today I learned there was a Trine 3. I remember my wife and I playing through the whole campaign of Trine 1 thinking it was super fun because she typically doesn't play games with me.

Tesseract

Banned
trine 2 was excellent, the most fun i've had in co-op in some time and the difficulty spike was excellent

trine 3 was a goddamn mess of a game

hoping 4 gets back on track

Hosam6xavi

Banned
Had a great time playing trine 2 on wii u the level design and the soundtrack is something else

I'm really happy that trine 4 return to fully 2.5D

RiccochetJ

Gold Member
I thought Trine 3 was such a mess because they basically ran out of money and couldn't properly finish the game.

I honestly thought they went bankrupt and closed their doors.

Huh.

ymoc

Looks fun! Does it support 3 player co-op on PC? Can it also be played with 3 mice and keyboards if you don't have enough controllers?

IbizaPocholo

NeoGAFs Kent Brockman

Last edited:
Top Bottom