• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

TRON Video Games and "Where's My TRON Compilation!?"

Nothing says classic retro games like games based on a movie which is based on video games!

Welcome to the Master Control Program and TRON gaming.

Where da hell is our compilation of TRON games?

Sure we have TRON 2.0. Great FPS and can't go wrong for ten bucks on GOG.

YKerUzs.jpg

But hey one I grew up with the Adventures of TRON. You run and jump and take a light beam out. I had it for the Atari 2600.

Ub16zjW.jpg

Hey look! Over there next to the I/O towers. It's Solar Sailer!

NTg4JkE.png

Oh shit IT TALKS!

hqUaJGV.jpg

There was also Maze-A-Tron. Like Solar Sailer, it's one I've never played and looks equally as confusing as TRON's story.

6qRssay.jpg

togWzo6.jpg

How can you forget the classic TRON arcade game which took different parts of the movie and threw you in to the action?

BB2ro5n.jpg

Last but not least is Discs of TRON. Sitting inside was freaky. You'd feel like you're getting de-rezzed.

gVymNX6.jpg

So many great games. One day, somehow, we need a compilation.

Gold_Loot

TronRun was actually pretty solid.

While yes, the first few stages has that “mobile run game” feel to it. The game gets pretty intricate the further you go.

Worth a look.

Shkyboy924

Neo Member
Tron 2.0 was solid, loved the multiplayer. It is a very underrated gem.
I want to like Tron/Run but it feels way too mobile for me.
Evolution has the right idea but execution was a bit... mehh.

Would love to see a new modern AAA Tron game though, it has so much potential.

dan76

I'm just finishing a playthrough of Tron 2.0 on the original Xbox. I must be near the end - the game is long. I've been playing it over Christmas, had it for years and never finished it. Whilst it has some minor problems it's been pretty damn great. They really nailed the look of the '82 original in map design. It's one of the best looking games ever made, very faithful to the spirit of the film.

Never played the intellevision games but both arcade games were installed at my local arcade growing up. Discs of Tron has a better cab than it does game, but it's still good. I wonder if those Arcade 1-Up machines will do some kind of compilation somewhere down the line.

JCK75

God Friggen Bless you for this!
It's one of those franchises I've always loved but kind of forgot about.

Man I was so obsessed with Discs of Tron it's insane...
Tron 2.0 still stands as one of the most criminally under rated games of all time.

crozier

Tron 2.0 was a great game. Funny enough I was just thinking of Tron as I played Elysium on Killing Floor 2.

I never realized Tron 2.0 saw an og oxbow release. Game was amazing on pc, goddamn I miss Monolith.
I remember some level where you were on light cycles escaping a crashing hard drive or some shit. It was awesome.

why isn't Tron fps VR when the movie was about getting inside a video game?

Battlezone 2016 is one VR game that does Tron some poetic justice.

wondermega

As much as I adore Tron, I’ve never been a big fan of any of the games. The original arcade cabinet is so iconic, it sounds great, but the games themselves are forgettable (they aren’t bad, just not as good as they could have been given their pedigree- same developers as Spy Hunter!) Discs of Tron on the other hand, it was challenging but absolutely tops over the other arcade machine if you ask me. Quite fun to play and they did a wonderful job capturing the feeling from that film. I have picked up 2.0 many years ago, I really need to give it a shot someday it looks cool! Otherwise, REZ is probably my favorite “obviously influenced by Tron” game

WizeVibez

Banned
There's a pretty sweet little lightcycle game someone is making in Dreams PS4/5 with PSVR in mind. Played it a bit a couple months ago and it was immediately a, "Why didn't I know I wanted this before" moment. It's called Hypercycle Arena in the Dreamiverse.

Last edited:
Top Bottom