• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Tropic Thunder is Trending on Twitter. You Get One Guess Why

Scotty W

Gold Member
If I were on twitter, I would try to stoke the flames of this controversy even higher. The fallout would be even more people laughing at these clowns.

#Phonepunk#

Banned
Honestly I can’t believe they got away with blackface in such a recent movie. But hey everyone involved was liberal, so it's ok!

The movie I found to be not very good or funny either, I’ll take one of the Hot Shots over it any day.

Last edited:

ILLtown

I had a look at the hashtag and pretty much all I could find were tweets from people calling folks who wanted to cancel RDJ retarded.

GreyHorace

Seriously? They're only getting offended now? Don't these people realize that Tropic Thunder is a fucking satire of Hollywood? Downey's character is supposed to be making fun of those obsessed Method actors like Daniel Day Lewis who try to literally get in character. Can't these people see the hilarity in that?

Whatever. The movie is still hilarious for me. Everyone is great in it.

ITF9UIp.png

Nymphae

Banned
Also Ben Stiller hamming it up as a full retard, no one seems to point to that at all really, it's arguably the more offensive joke honestly. It's just mocking retards, but the R-WORD.ORG crowd has moved on I guess

manfestival

Seems like people on twitter are really scouring the internet for things to get mad about. We had orcs are racist the other day and then this.

Seriously? They're only getting offended now? Don't these people realize that Tropic Thunder is a fucking satire of Hollywood? Downey's character is supposed to be making fun of those obsessed Method actors like Daniel Day Lewis who try to literally get in character. Can't these people see the hilarity in that?

Whatever. The movie is still hilarious for me. Everyone is great in it.
They are literally making fun of blackface itself.
How can these idiots not get this...

Some people just want to get triggered.

Sp3eD

0G M3mbeR
I want to find out what they are going to say about Dave Chapelle doing whiteface in his popular shows run. Maybe that will be the big 2021 controversy.

Last edited:
Top Bottom