• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Tropical fun in the sun MH4 screens

In before "There's nothing compelling about those floor textures!".

http://www.capcom.co.jp/monsterhunter/4/

LsBoKNy.jpg
dOz5sgk.jpg

jikQqkS.jpg
XrvT39I.jpg

b2I5cZO.jpg
C4xuoOq.jpg

9Yoisx1.jpg

PdPeUwf.jpg

I1kBaFE.png

y41R8Ec.png

xNhhyP7.jpg

3BtVPqH.jpg

These look like they're from a previous update, but whatever, they're new to me.

EHyKGbh.jpg
Qhxtlfj.jpg

G1otmxG.jpg
lChQwZN.jpg

UpFFEai.jpg
kGHfecq.jpg

DBApA2N.jpg
EWM5jNx.jpg

njJtgYu.jpg
hIAf86K.jpg

G3ywXqc.jpg
Pj9tff9.jpg

H8KSJEP.jpg
XLnN3nk.jpg

ho3jpdw.jpg
VEvMmmW.jpg

CwvdTsT.jpg

PfCUsNt.jpg
H13H403.jpg

NCI1DL1.jpg
LlWupQ0.jpg

k4BEy4T.jpg
eKZSEqE.jpg

YvvImLf.jpg
alb2lU3.jpg

nZYWOlg.jpg

Thorakai

I just got Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate for the 3DS but these screens seem to put to rest some of my early complaints. Love the bigger text, colorful environments, and closer look at the models in the game. I'll go back to finding carpenter bugs for my next armor set now.

FlyFaster

this looks so cool!

so, I take it customizable felynes are back ala MHFU? I love that aspect of the game.

Also, Felyne companions are 1000X better then whatever chacha is supposed to be. Really hoping they ratchet up the customization options on the cats this time around, personality, training, abilites, ect, and have a raising period where they are kittens!

(Im a cat person)

edit: errr... not really a "cat-person", but a person who really likes cats.

What kind of turn around can we expect for an english release? Just got my Wii U and wondering if I should just hold off on getting back on the MH3U bus or not.

This game's look has too much stuff going on for such a small screen/resolution. I think they should've tried a more stylised approach to make everything cleaner in the handheld versions.

MarkusRJR

Looks like a massive visual downgrade when compared to MH3:U on 3DS. Hopefully the game will be more big or open with less load times to make up for it's lack of visual prowess.

Mupod

What kind of turn around can we expect for an english release? Just got my Wii U and wondering if I should just hold off on getting back on the MH3U bus or not.

We had a 3 year drought between Tri and MH3U. While I'm sure we won't have to wait as long this time, don't expect it until 2014 (I'd like to be wrong).

Also, the content is going to be very different - it's unlikely that MH4 will have a G rank, for one.

MH4 also has no underwater combat, so several of the monsters definitely won't be returning. They've shown no indication that many of the monsters in MH3U will make a comeback for the next release, instead they are bringing back a lot of the 2nd-generation monsters as well as many newcomers.

So I don't think you should wait on 4. We don't know if it's even coming out on the Wii U, although that'd be nice.

Looks like a massive visual downgrade when compared to MH3:U on 3DS. Hopefully the game will be more big or open with less load times to make up for it's lack of visual prowess.

The screenshots don't mean anything to me considering how much better it looks in motion. But I really, really hope for a Wii U HD version in time for the NA release. I'd buy it twice again.

FlyFaster

it'll be at least a year. get MH3U, you won't regret it. One of the few good Wii U games out right now.

3DS MH3U screens looked just as bad. Hell almost all 3DS screens for any game look horrible compared to when its actually being played on the system.

Nice, cat helpers are back. MIssed them from mh3p.

We had a 3 year drought between Tri and MH3U. While I'm sure we won't have to wait as long this time, don't expect it until 2014 (I'd like to be wrong).

I'd really like to know why capcom didn't localize mh3p.

Every time I see a new batch of screens, I am reminded that there are no more underwater sections and a single tear of joy rolls down my cheek.

The only thing that dampens my hype a bit is knowing that this version will probably be obsolete in a year or two.

it'll be at least a year. get MH3U, you won't regret it. One of the few good Wii U games out right now.

Yeah I know it's good (have on 3DS) but need to know if it's active enough to further invest the time. Was actually planning on just using the app to play my 3DS copy online but didn't realise it needed an ethernet connection...

Cerity

Oh boy, is that the teostra and gravios I see? Hopefully it means lunastra is in the game and hopefully gravios has kept it's beam spaming nature.

I can't wait to get this, MH3U in 3d is something else entirely.

Akainu

So you go straight to the Kirin set?

There's a few that look like bikinis or swim wear but it's a handful at most and usually if the female set is skimpy, so is the male set.
Most of the female variants of armor show off more skin.

Top Bottom