• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Trudeau agrees with Iran and blames Trump for the death of Canadian citizens aboard airliner shot down by Iran

Hotspurr

Jan 27, 2018
US did nothing wrong. Trump just decided to kill a top Iranian general. Who knew that Iran would need to answer back? Besides, it's not like Trump had any other options, the attack was "imminent", though now I think they are changing the story, we'll see if this one sticks. The only way out of the situation for Trump was to clearly kill the general, because the general was going to carry out attacks against like 4 embassies riding a horse with an M16, according to intel I just made up. You see, Trump is actually a very stable genius, not only is he a successful businessman for figuring out how to prostitute his family name for money (the settlements for defrauding a university and a charity were just slight missteps), but he's also an exceptional military strategist with years of experience giving his opinion and tweeting about things he's heard on Foxnews. We cannot underestimate the prowess of this individual, after all, he has single-handedly redirected hurricanes, acting sharpiely in a decisive moment. This latest addition to his bodycount (that is he mostly amassed with strategic southern border policies), will be a great signal to other world leaders that he is a diplomatic genius. I bet so many Americans are extremely proud of this guy, given how relatable he is and they no longer have to feel insecure given they finally have a president who they can identify with intellectually.

O-N-E

Jul 11, 2018
I was so confused in the thread where people were saying "Trudeau is furious". I looked at the footage of his response and all that he said is "we'll be investigating" and didn't condemn shit.

GreyHorace

Jun 14, 2019
The Cuck Minister strikes again. Sure. Blame the other guy for what happened and not the actual culprit who killed your fucking people.

I always knew Trudeau was a woke piece of shit when he visited my country. This just confirms it.

Grinchy

Aug 3, 2010
a cave outside of Whoville.
I knew he'd take the pussy route. If he directly blamed the Iranians, people might ask why he isn't doing something about it. This way, it can be Trump's fault and he can go back to dressing up in costumes to meet with world leaders.

Reactions: Hari Seldon

Krappadizzle

Oct 4, 2011
US did nothing wrong. Trump just decided to kill a top Iranian general. Who knew that Iran would need to answer back? Besides, it's not like Trump had any other options, the attack was "imminent", though now I think they are changing the story, we'll see if this one sticks. The only way out of the situation for Trump was to clearly kill the general, because the general was going to carry out attacks against like 4 embassies riding a horse with an M16, according to intel I just made up. You see, Trump is actually a very stable genius, not only is he a successful businessman for figuring out how to prostitute his family name for money (the settlements for defrauding a university and a charity were just slight missteps), but he's also an exceptional military strategist with years of experience giving his opinion and tweeting about things he's heard on Foxnews. We cannot underestimate the prowess of this individual, after all, he has single-handedly redirected hurricanes, acting sharpiely in a decisive moment. This latest addition to his bodycount (that is he mostly amassed with strategic southern border policies), will be a great signal to other world leaders that he is a diplomatic genius. I bet so many Americans are extremely proud of this guy, given how relatable he is and they no longer have to feel insecure given they finally have a president who they can identify with intellectually.
I mean...you tried I guess?! Maybe next time.

Ornlu

Oct 31, 2018
Welcome back!

Airola

Jun 25, 2015
Finland
Ok let's imagine someone threatened the US and Trump ordered to shoot down a plane which would turn out to be unrelated passenger plane.
Surely the media and Democrat politicians and Trudeau and co would defend Trump by saying the other country escalated tensions so what would you expect, right?

HeresJohnny

Mar 14, 2018
Ok let's imagine someone threatened the US and Trump ordered to shoot down a plane which would turn out to be unrelated passenger plane.
Surely the media and Democrat politicians and Trudeau and co would defend Trump by saying the other country escalated tensions so what would you expect, right?
Yep and they wouldn't be talking about "escalation" while forgetting that the first act of escalation was attacking an embassy.

Grinchy

Aug 3, 2010
a cave outside of Whoville.
They'd just find some other event in history where the US was the "bad guy" and say that tensions from that event were the cause behind today's threat, is my guess.

Reactions: DeepEnigma

redfirm

Mar 12, 2012
Netherlands
Dailymail...really? stop this bullshit posts he never blamed Trump. he made a good point, that if there was no tension this would not have happened. he is not pointing fingers.

Last edited:

Gashtronomy

Apr 19, 2019
Well, this solves the mystery of what Harry and Meg are going to be doing in Canada; deposing this fucking embarrassment of a leader.

gunslikewhoa

Mar 3, 2014
It must be horrible to wake up every morning with your panties in a twist after seeing that the OMB buffoon is still winning.

Reactions: DESTROYA

accel

Formerly 'blackcrane'
Sep 11, 2015
US did nothing wrong. Trump just decided to kill a top Iranian general. Who knew that Iran would need to answer back? Besides, it's not like Trump had any other options, the attack was "imminent", [...] This latest addition to his bodycount [...]
I agree that the decision to kill an Iranian general seems haphazard and not very well thought through. It might make sense in the context of classified information that we don't have access to, but I wouldn't be surprised if there's actually no classified information that would create such context, that might be the case too.

But it's a pretty long way from there to adding people dead from the Iranian weapon to Trump's "bodycount". I am honestly astonished at how easily you are making this enormous jump.

Last edited:

Hotspurr

Jan 27, 2018
I agree that the decision to kill an Iranian general seems haphazard and not very well thought through. It might make sense in the context of classified information that we don't have access to, but I wouldn't be surprised if there's actually no classified information that would create such context, that might be the case too.

But it's a pretty long way from there to adding people dead from the Iranian weapon to Trump's "bodycount". I am no honestly astonished at how easily you are making this enormous jump.
The bodycount was in reference to the dead Iranian general, and I guess the other dead Iraqis who I guess no one real cares about because they aren't people or something. If you understood the sarcasm you'd see blaming the passenger deaths on Trump doesn't fit if one is being sarcastic...anyway

accel

Formerly 'blackcrane'
Sep 11, 2015
The bodycount was in reference to the dead Iranian general, and I guess the other dead Iraqis who I guess no one real cares about because they aren't people or something. If you understood the sarcasm you'd see blaming the passenger deaths on Trump doesn't fit if one is being sarcastic...anyway
I apologize for a misunderstanding then, I thought you were talking about people on the plane.

Oct 12, 2005
thread title is misleading .. he does not explicitly blame Trump.. he blames it on tensions.. which isn’t untrue

Sign

Jun 4, 2012
I don't always pour one out, but when I do it is for dead terrorist generals responsible for killing Americans, Iraqis and gunning down Iranian protesters! Amirite or amIrite follow lefist?

Feb 25, 2013
Read this and then tell me Suleimani wasn't up to no good.

We had EVERY right to believe he was plotting harm according to his past. And if you want to mourn for those people in the plane then at least celebrate the many more people who's lives where undoubtedly saved by removing Suleimani from their path.

It also mentions sanctions in there. That's way back from 2013 as well not taking into account current atrocities and schemes that those sanctions obviously didn't do anything to stop.

Last edited:
Reactions: Oner

accel

Formerly 'blackcrane'
Sep 11, 2015
By the way, regarding the Iran thing, I just said a couple of posts ago that the decision to kill an Iranian general seems not very well thought through, and it seems I might be wrong about this and the decision was actually well thought through.

Here's a news piece, and I have to say that overall, it makes sense to me:

Quoting the gist:

"
President Donald Trump authorized the killing of Iranian Gen. Qassem Soleimani seven months ago if Iran's increased aggression resulted in the death of an American, according to five current and former senior administration officials.

The presidential directive in June came with the condition that Trump would have final signoff on any specific operation to kill Soleimani, officials said.

[...]

After Iran shot down a U.S. drone in June, John Bolton, Trump's national security adviser at the time, urged Trump to retaliate by signing off on an operation to kill Soleimani, officials said. Secretary of State Mike Pompeo also wanted Trump to authorize the assassination, officials said.

But Trump rejected the idea, saying he'd take that step only if Iran crossed his red line: killing an American. The president's message was "that's only on the table if they hit Americans," according to a person briefed on the discussion.
"

....and then there were rocket attacks on American forces from Iranian-backed guys in Iraq, then an American was killed, and then there was the storming of the US embassy in Baghdad by the Iranian-backed guys again, and it is after all that that Trump finally said "fine, I am OKaying taking this guy out".

So, maybe Trump wasn't hasty in this, as it previously seemed to me.

Last edited:

DeepEnigma

Gold Member
Dec 3, 2013
Too long, didn't readtard.

Who gives a shit what Trudeau thinks.
It's cute that people actually think these are his thoughts. He is a drama teacher, an actor. The establishment wields this Sheila's strings.

Last edited:
  • LOL
Reactions: Off Duty Ninja

Freedom Gate Co.

Mental Gymnastics 🥇Gold Medalist🥇
Oct 10, 2018
www.kickstarter.com
This man has been tearing Canada apart and is not trying to cause more tension between his country and the USA.

I remember people saying this man was smart, wha happun????

dkny1121

Mar 23, 2018

I'm glad I'm not Canadian, I'd be so ashamed right now.
That is not what he said lol. He said if there was no conflict in the area, the people would be with there families, which is true. Just like saying if guns were not invented, then JFK would most likely be alive. This is coming from someone who lives in Canada and cannot stand him.

Reactions: Nobody_Important

Boss Mog

Dec 12, 2013
That is not what he said lol. He said if there was no conflict in the area, the people would be with there families, which is true. Just like saying if guns were not invented, then JFK would most likely be alive. This is coming from someone who lives in Canada and cannot stand him.
It's very clearly implied, hence the article.

accel

Formerly 'blackcrane'
Sep 11, 2015
He said if there was no conflict in the area, the people would be with there families, which is true.
The US bases in Iraq were bombed by what the US thought was Iranian-backed people, and the US embassy in Baghdad was ravaged by what the US thought was Iranian-backed people as well.

I linked a piece up the thread, read it, it provides some context.

autoduelist

Aug 30, 2014

But it's a pretty long way from there to adding people dead from the Iranian weapon to Trump's "bodycount". I am honestly astonished at how easily you are making this enormous jump.
Within quick sucession after taking out Soleimani and other high value targets in that drone strike, we took out others as well.

Soon after, the IRGC is reported to have arrested 90 officers loyal to Soleimani, including his right hand man. It is rumored those who opposed Soleimani leaked his position to US intelligence in the first place.

It seems to me there was a massive power shift behind the scenes. Soleimani, a high ranking, hard line, entrenched, terrorist organizer and a hundred plus of his officers/advisors were just taken off the playing field.

I struggle with the idea this was 'haphazard' or not thought through. On the contrary, every stage of this feels thought through, including Iran's missile strike on shrubbery. The only odd piece is the civilian plane, but accidents [even horrific ones], happen. And even that is helping a push for reform in Iran, if protests mean anything.

I'm hesitant to make many calls on events on the other side of the planet, because it's a given we civilians are working with extremely limited intel. But if even half of these reports are true... i'd suggest it's likely we just witnessed a very well planned op, likely planned with Iranian players who opposed Soleimani's terror regime and needed him out to move forward.

And of course, we recently also took out ISIS leader al-Baghdadi and some of his inner circle.

I'm not an interventionist and want us out of the region. But i recognize perhaps these were all necessary steps.

Last edited:

Zangiefy360

Cross Forum Drama ..........Queen
Aug 30, 2018
This is the textbook definition of weak leadership. Iran kills his people and this is how he responds. No wonder Canada is a worldwide joke. They're fortunate to be our neighbors and get the protection that affords.