• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Trudeau agrees with Iran and blames Trump for the death of Canadian citizens aboard airliner shot down by Iran

DeepEnigma

Gold Member
Dec 3, 2013
That is not what he said lol. He said if there was no conflict in the area, the people would be with there families, which is true. Just like saying if guns were not invented, then JFK would most likely be alive. This is coming from someone who lives in Canada and cannot stand him.
True, if he wasn't selling military arms to Saudi Arabia, the enemy of Iran... and here we are.

King of Foxes

Jan 9, 2018
Latvia
US did nothing wrong. Trump just decided to kill a top Iranian general. Who knew that Iran would need to answer back? Besides, it's not like Trump had any other options, the attack was "imminent", though now I think they are changing the story, we'll see if this one sticks. The only way out of the situation for Trump was to clearly kill the general, because the general was going to carry out attacks against like 4 embassies riding a horse with an M16, according to intel I just made up. You see, Trump is actually a very stable genius, not only is he a successful businessman for figuring out how to prostitute his family name for money (the settlements for defrauding a university and a charity were just slight missteps), but he's also an exceptional military strategist with years of experience giving his opinion and tweeting about things he's heard on Foxnews. We cannot underestimate the prowess of this individual, after all, he has single-handedly redirected hurricanes, acting sharpiely in a decisive moment. This latest addition to his bodycount (that is he mostly amassed with strategic southern border policies), will be a great signal to other world leaders that he is a diplomatic genius. I bet so many Americans are extremely proud of this guy, given how relatable he is and they no longer have to feel insecure given they finally have a president who they can identify with intellectually.
Thats a lot of words for a shit opinion

appaws

Gold Member
Jan 31, 2008
Taylorsville, Ky!
It just isn't news anymore when Trump is criticized. He will be criticized no matter what he does. When he cures cancer hugely, there will be something problematic about it.

• Thoughtful
Reactions: Ornlu

Ornlu

Oct 31, 2018
It just isn't news anymore when Trump is criticized. He will be criticized no matter what he does. When he cures cancer hugely, there will be something problematic about it.
It will be a cancer that occurs more often than whites, etc. etc....this means white supremacy, etc. etc....western medicine is racist; full communism now. The news could write itself, for sure.

Weiji

Jul 20, 2018
The Canadian PM said the international community had to 'manage the tensions in the region that are brought about by US actions'

Other then sucking dictator dick via twitter, what exactly is Canada doing to “manage tensions?”

• LOL
Reactions: Handel

cucuchu

Dec 1, 2016
Let me get this straight...

1. Iran general that Obama categorized as a terrorist, which is categorically accurate based on his actions against the U.S./Allies, is responsible for the attack on U.S. embassy in Iraq.

2. U.S. takes advantage of an opportunity to kill a terrorist which would result in no civilian casualties.

3. Iran retaliates by launching missiles at a base in Iraq occupied by U.S. troops.

4. U.S. does not respond.

5. Iran shoots down a civilian plane, mistaking it for a U.S. response.

6. People blame the U.S. for Iran shooting down the civilian plane.

It seems people are reaching to point blame against someone they despise (Trump), no matter the mental gymnastics it it takes to reach their conclusion. I guarantee you that if Pakistan would of attacked us after Obama had Bin Laden killed, and we didn't respond but then Pakistan shot a civilian airplane out of the air afterwards, that the same people blaming Trump now would be blaming Pakistan.

Last edited:
Oct 2, 2017

1. Iran general that Obama categorized as a terrorist, which is categorically accurate based on his actions against the U.S./Allies, is responsible for the attack on U.S. embassy in Iraq.

2. U.S. takes advantage of an opportunity to kill a terrorist which would result in no civilian casualties.

3. Iran retaliates by launching missiles at a base in Iraq occupied by U.S. troops.

It seems people are reaching to point blame against someone they despise (Trump), no matter the mental gymnastics it it takes to reach their conclusion. I guarantee you that if Pakistan would of attacked us after Obama had Bin Laden killed, and we didn't respond but then Pakistan shot a civilian airplane out of the air afterwards, that the same people blaming Trump now would be blaming Pakistan.
Next stop on the slippery slope is that Osama Bin Laden was a freedom fighter whose actions were justified per he was persecuted by the US, bank it.

Reactions: cucuchu

Cybrwzrd

Anime waifu panty shots are basically the same thing as paintings of the french baroque masters, if you think about it.
Sep 29, 2014
Day of the rake soon?

• Praise the Sun
Reactions: TrainedRage

Woo-Fu

incest on the subway
Jan 2, 2007
Is Trump twice as much to blame now that we have video of them firing a second missile at the airliner?

One link for dems and another for republicans. :)

"The enemy target isn't trying to evade, isn't using countermeasures, it is almost like it doesn't know somebody fired a missile at it." "Fire another." /smh

Last edited:

DeepEnigma

Gold Member
Dec 3, 2013
Is Trump twice as much to blame now that we have video of them firing a second missile at the airliner?

One link for dems and another for republicans. :)

"The enemy target isn't trying to evade, isn't using countermeasures, it is almost like it doesn't know somebody fired a missile at it." "Fire another." /smh
Yeah, this is looking less and less like an accident.

cryptoadam

... and he cannot lie
Feb 21, 2018
i would check the flight manifest and see if any persons of interest to the Iranian regime were on that plane.

ryan13ts

Nov 29, 2006
Crazy, I wonder why he'd think we're partly responsible? I mean, us killing one of their officials and this plane being attacked days later are completely unrelated. I'm sure it would have been shot down regardless if that had happened.

Oh, wait...

Last edited:

betrayal

Feb 2, 2018
If one would follow Trudeau's logic, then most reasonably well-known politicians would be guilty of the death of thousands or even far more people. It is beyond me how truly seemingly unintelligent people can be president of a nation. But well, this happens all the time all over the world.

Reactions: pramod

cryptoadam

... and he cannot lie
Feb 21, 2018

The family of the Rev. Hossein Soodmand, the only Iranian pastor confirmed to have been hanged for quitting Islam, found his graved bulldozed in early December.
Bulldoze crash sites, bulldoze a pastor's grave site its all good in Iran. So progressive, so brave, so stunning.

Gp1

Sep 17, 2019
As i said... trigger happy IRGC. Two just to make sure.

Analylising this from a geo-political standpoint, this couldn't turn out better for the US (and Trump per se):

-Eliminate a top level terrorist/IRGC chief
-Iran respond in a laughable way by:
-Destroying 3 or 4 hangar, a few craters in a air strip... and shooting down a airplane full of civilians
-Iran abandons the nuclear treaty.

By doing that, Iran get scolded both internally by civil unrest and by the international community. And no one even fucking remember the impeachment process.

Def. not a good 2020 for the Iranian goverment

ps: And to think that there were people talking in WW3 when all this started...

Last edited:

Handel

Jun 9, 2017
Dude's a feminist vampire, trying to score political points by screeching "ORANGE MAN BAD!!!". Will be glad when he's out of office, then gets exposed for actually being a scumbag towards women like most white knight male feminists.

Chairman Tickles

Formerly 'MrTickles'
Feb 22, 2018
China
Takes more than one to tango. Both Iranian and US regimes are to blame for those deaths.

Trudeau's opinion on the matter is irrelevant beyond his own gains. He's just selling the dead for some popular base support.

Chairman Tickles

Formerly 'MrTickles'
Feb 22, 2018
China

« University of Tehran Cyperspace Research Lab:

On the matter of the Ukrainian plane accident in Iran, the role of human error has been ruled out [as it has been discovered that] deception operations were carried out on the air control & command system.

Clever girl. True or not many never trumpers/dissenting elements in the US will believe it.

• LOL
Reactions: cryptoadam

Digity

Oct 15, 2012
Toronto
I didn't vote for the shitbag, a very large part of the part of the country I live in despise him.
Sadly the center of the universe Toronto effectively put him back in power.
I’m from Toronto, clown shoe McGee did not get my vote though. Just about everyone in my immediate family and beyond can’t stand the guy, friends as well. The guy is a dolt.

Reactions: pr0cs

DeepEnigma

Gold Member
Dec 3, 2013
They will write books about TDS.

Blackface is only racist if you are a conservative.

I've been playing way too much Monster Hunter. First thought was "I bet I could hit that with a great sword".
Been rocking out in Red Dead Online lately, and I was ready to draw my rolling block.

• LOL
Reactions: Sign

cryptoadam

... and he cannot lie
Feb 21, 2018
Why would the US jam their radar systems when they weren't firing anything back at Iran?

1 step away from blaming Mossad and DA JOOOOS.

• LOL
Reactions: Ornlu

desertdroog

Aug 12, 2008
Updated news, Canada has given $25k to the affected families until investigations are done so the families can take care of the burial costs. However, looks like Canada is holding Iran fully culpable for this international incident:.

Canada will give the families of individuals killed in the downing of UIA Flight PS752 thousands of dollars to help with their immediate needs, Prime Minister Justin Trudeau said today — stressing it's only a first step toward getting Iran to compensate those grieving families.

"I want to be clear, we expect Iran to compensate these families," Trudeau said during a news conference in Ottawa Friday morning.

"But I have met them. They can't wait weeks. They need support now."
Ministers from five nations affected by the crash — Canada, Ukraine, Sweden, Afghanistan and the United Kingdom — listed their demands of Iran during a meeting in London on Thursday. They include a full investigation of the crash and an independent criminal probe.

Their other demands are:
Full access within Iran to allow them to provide consular services to relatives of the victims.

Assurance that the victim identification process is conducted with "dignity, transparency and to international standards, and to ensure families' wishes are respected."

A commitment from Iran that it will continue to assume full responsibility for the disaster and co-operate with compensation talks.
Key quote:
A commitment from Iran that it will continue to assume full responsibility for the disaster and co-operate with compensation talks.

Rock And Roll

Sep 28, 2014
Then leave. Go join the shit show down south.
You probably haven't noticed because you're in love with this liberal cesspool nation, but it's not so easy to get American citizenship or a work visa. Unlike this garbage country that will take anyone and everyone for no reason whatsoever. If I had a skilled trade I would leave here in a heartbeat, hence me wishing I could leave.

Rbk_3

Nov 20, 2013
You probably haven't noticed because you're in love with this liberal cesspool nation, but it's not so easy to get American citizenship or a work visa. Unlike this garbage country that will take anyone and everyone for no reason whatsoever. If I had a skilled trade I would leave here in a heartbeat, hence me wishing I could leave.
Yeah, because it is so so easy to get a Canadian citizenship :messenger_tears_of_joy:. Canada maintains its open-door reputation because it has generally been very selective about whom it allows to approach the door in the first place.

And yes, my life here is pretty damn good, so I like this country, though Doug Ford is trying to run this province into the ground.

Rock And Roll

Sep 28, 2014
Yeah, because it is so so easy to get a Canadian citizenship :messenger_tears_of_joy:. Canada maintains its open-door reputation because it has generally been very selective about whom it allows to approach the door in the first place.

And yes, my life here is pretty damn good, so I like this country, though Doug Ford is trying to run this province into the ground.
Thinks Canada is superb yet has an immense dislike for Doug Ford. The two truly go hand in hand.

Joe T.

Oct 3, 2004
Montreal, Quebec
He has a sub 30% approval rating that is declining by the day. Wynn was terrible too fwiw.
Wynne's approval rating was at 19% before the election in 2018. Ontario loves its premiers.

Trudeau's approval rating is in the same ballpark as Trump's. Given that Trump's facing negative news coverage and a hostile opposition party 24/7/365 that doesn't speak well of Trudeau. The PC party isn't exactly on the Democrats' level:

That's taken straight from his website:

Cleared_Hot

Feb 25, 2018
Ol Blackface Trudeau.... Lets all pretend they didnt attack the embassy and kill and an american contractor first. Everything is always trumps fault!

Cleared_Hot

Feb 25, 2018

Worse though, Iran first denied it was shot down and said it crashed. Then they made up a story about it taking and sharp turn and flyig towards a sensitive site. Then they finally admit it and blame it on ridiculous human error...

Guys, i can literally track any commercial flight within seconds on my fucking cell phone. Its 2020, this shit doesnt just haappen on accident anymore. Those idiots shot it immediately after taking off- from an international airport that launches commercial flights in an identical flight pattern 24/7/365. Anybody who blames Trump for this tragedy is a fucking asshole.

Last edited: