• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.
  • Hi Guest. We've rebooted and consolidated our Communities section, so be sure to check it out and subscribe to some threads. Thanks!

Trudeau wore black face at party in 2001!

The Elite

BOSS
Apr 8, 2006
Toronto
I don’t know. We eat our own. As someone on the left I am still voting for him. Of course I don’t hold everyone up to impossible purity tests. Everyone has skeletons in the closet.

Reactions: Solomeena

zelo-ca

Jan 26, 2018
I don’t know. We eat our own. As someone on the left I am still voting for him. Of course I don’t hold everyone up to impossible purity tests. Everyone has skeletons in the closet.
Imagine this was Andrew Sheer. It would be wall to wall coverage all over Canada for atleast a week. The MSM sucks Trudeaus balls.

Teletraan1

May 17, 2012
Canada
Not wearing black/brown face in 2001 is an impossible standard. Yet they just spent the last week browbeating someone for being personal friends with (not endorsing) Faith Goldy.

Last edited:

The Elite

BOSS
Apr 8, 2006
Toronto
Imagine this was Andrew Sheer. It would be wall to wall coverage all over Canada for atleast a week. The MSM sucks Trudeaus balls.
It looks like it’s blowing up.
I admit, I am curious if this is treated like a James Gunn situation. So far that’s not the impression I’m getting.

Joe T.

Oct 3, 2004
Montreal, Quebec
They do, but it's not quite as bad up here as it is south of the border. The 24/7 networks, CBC and CTV, are covering it right now so it's not being brushed under the rug. They've got a live feed on his plane, awaiting his response.

Teletraan1

May 17, 2012
Canada
They do, but it's not quite as bad up here as it is south of the border. The 24/7 networks, CBC and CTV, are covering it right now so it's not being brushed under the rug. They've got a live feed on his plane, awaiting his response.
I don't have faith that the media will actually cover this for too long. It will get memory holed. Especially the CBC.

Joe T.

Oct 3, 2004
Montreal, Quebec
I don't have faith that the media will actually cover this for too long. It will get memory holed. Especially the CBC.

Yeah, in the long run I have no faith in them to present balanced reporting either. I've noticed Canadian media getting worse over time, probably won't be all that long before they're as blatantly partisan as their American counterparts.

Reactions: Shaqazooloo

Durask

Feb 6, 2012
I predict he will just grovel in public a few times and will be forgiven for now.

Teletraan1

May 17, 2012
Canada
lol wasn't the Castro thing debunked? Like the travel timelines didn't match up or something.
Personally I don't care and doubt the claim but I wonder about the outlets debunking. It is the usual suspects. As said above it is fun to joke about because of how much he looks like Fidel and how little he looks like his dad. We elected a drama teacher/Snowboarding Instructor who is a bit of a dimwit based on his name and appearance. What did we expect was going to happen?

#Phonepunk#

Sep 4, 2018
They are the only ones wearing the clothing. Everyone else is wearing a suit.
meh, this could be a ceremonial thing. "You are our honored guest, please wear these". especially for a photo op. they have garlands on which are traditionally given out. one time i went to a Krishna temple and someone just gave me one of those. also their shoes are off cos you are supposed to take your shoes off in that culture. tbh i think this photo is a non issue.

the brown/blackface thing tho, "yikes", as they say.

Last edited:
  • Praise the Sun
Reactions: Cybrwzrd

matt404au

Cyberbully
Apr 25, 2009
Australia
meh, this could be a ceremonial thing. "You are our honored guest, please wear these". especially for a photo op. they have garlands on which are traditionally given out. one time i went to a Krishna temple and someone just gave me one of those. also their shoes are off cos you are supposed to take your shoes off in that culture. tbh i think this photo is a non issue.

That Love Guru photo op tho

Reactions: Nymphae

autoduelist

Aug 30, 2014
believe so, it's fun to say tho because fuck him
Eh. I just read it... The Snope debunking is not exactly ironclad. I'm not saying the accusation is true, i'm just saying snopes 'debunking' is... more like, an alternate narrative.

For example, they quote this article from a newspaper:

Pierre Trudeau’s and Fidel Castro’s paths crossed for the first time in 1970, when the Canadian government sought to negotiate the exile of members of the FLQ, who had kidnapped British trade commissioner James Cross.
What did snopes then say?

The two leaders’ paths did not literally cross at that time - no head-of-state level visit took place between Cuba and Canada in 1970.
Well, maybe? Perhaps the meeting was top secret due to the sensitivity of the kidnapping. Simply stating they didn't cross paths when presented with a newspaper article that says they did isn't 'debunking' so much as it is flying cover. Snopes dances around the timing of the birth by mentioning other times they met, and how documented attraction between castro and his mom was all after he was born.

Again, im not saying castro is the dad. Im just saying snopes is bad at what they do. But if he was castros son, im sure the paperwork is well faked at this point anyway.

Last edited:

JordanN

Apr 21, 2012
Brampton, Ontario
As usual, the rats at Resetera are happy to defend their cult leader, and anyone who says otherwise is labeled a "Nazi".

Any Canadian wishing to get Trudeau out this fall, do not split the vote and vote PPC. You have to vote Conservative for Trudeau to lose.

Last edited:

Iorv3th

Jan 16, 2013
And he's surrounded by white women in that photo too. Making fun of a culture and lacking diversity in the photo op.

DeepEnigma

Gold Member
Dec 3, 2013
As usual, the rats at Resetera are happy to defend their cult leader, and anyone who says otherwise is labeled a "Nazi".

Any Canadian wishing to get Trudeau out this fall, do not split the vote and vote PPC. You have to vote Conservative for Trudeau to lose.
TIL that the guy calling out someone for blackface, is the Nazi.

Last edited:

Atrus

Jul 16, 2007
As a Canadian I find it hilarious that the Social Justice Prima Donna has gotten a taste of his own poison.

Trudeau’s brownface and his appropriation and caricature of other cultures through costume seems to point to a problem.

He’s shamed the country multiple times now.

ipukespiders

Oct 9, 2006
And to think I was *this* close to voting for Trudeau in October. And now I got a bunch of lawn signs to take down.

Teletraan1

May 17, 2012
Canada

I don't really care about that India trip picture either. Just shows another example of him being culturally insensitive as I don't think it was well received over there. I am not going to get offended on behalf of some other culture but I sure as fuck am going to point to him being a hypocrite.

At least we know he is a fan of Dragon Ball with that bad Mr Popo cosplay.

Last edited: