• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.
  • Hi Guest. We've rebooted and consolidated our Communities section, so be sure to check it out and subscribe to some threads. Thanks!

Trudeau wore black face at party in 2001!

Mahadev

Mar 5, 2007
I don’t know. We eat our own. As someone on the left I am still voting for him. Of course I don’t hold everyone up to impossible purity tests. Everyone has skeletons in the closet.

Trudeau isn't left, he's a corrupt neoliberal corporate shill using identity politics to mask as a leftist. Being a soy male feminist that pretends to care about clickbait "issues" doesn't make you a leftist, liberal snakes like him use identity politics to divide the working class and at the same time LARP as left.

The fact that neither rightwingers or liberals know what the fuck the left is or stands for works like a charm for the ruling class that uses identity politics and the stupid drama that comes with it to keep you preoccupied and fighting each other about stupid shit.

Last edited:

danielberg

Neophyte
Jun 20, 2018
I don’t know. We eat our own. As someone on the left I am still voting for him. Of course I don’t hold everyone up to impossible purity tests. Everyone has skeletons in the closet.
The whole sell of "we use our made up rules to kill you but when we break them it doesnt count lolo" is hard after the thousands time and any excuse ala "oh no it hit us! yeah we stop so this time it doesnt count ok?" is not to be taken serious ever again until the left actually stops imo

Last edited:
Reactions: #Phonepunk#

jonnyp

Jan 12, 2008
How on Earth can you vote for this guy? He is a complete tool.

Last edited:
Reactions: Shaqazooloo

Ogbert

Feb 21, 2018
Now there’s a third clip of him in blackface!

Genuinely fucking hilarious. It was his go to party piece!

Reactions: Miku Miku
Mar 30, 2012
What's the issue here? There's nothing wrong wearing traditional clothing in any country.
It's not appropriate. While it's traditional dress it's basically the equivalent of wearing a wedding dress. Think how out of place that would look for a visiting foreign dignitary.

At first the Indian press thought it was cute, if a little goofy. After a few weeks of continuous elaborate costume changes though they were just straight dunking on him.

Rock And Roll

Sep 28, 2014
As a Canadian I find it hilarious that the Social Justice Prima Donna has gotten a taste of his own poison.

Trudeau’s brownface and his appropriation and caricature of other cultures through costume seems to point to a problem.

He’s shamed the country multiple times now.
Remember when he had the "zero tolerance for sexual assault" in the #metoo feminism era earlier this year and the handwaved the time he grabbed a reporters ass? Might have been around the same time as this photo. What a goof.

Reactions: zelo-ca

Teletraan1

May 17, 2012
Canada
Remember when he had the "zero tolerance for sexual assault" in the #metoo feminism era earlier this year and the handwaved the time he grabbed a reporters ass? Might have been around the same time as this photo. What a goof.
For this scandal he said he didn't think it was racist at the time, was pissed off at himself. I hope the media won't just nod along and move on. If they do, hopefully people will wake up on this complicit media that just spent the last week going after an Ottawa MP for a personal friendship with Faith Goldy. They better not let this go.

Nymphae

Jun 3, 2013
Canada
What's the issue here? There's nothing wrong wearing traditional clothing in any country.
Even the Liberal media were criticizing him for this, he was already under fire for some other things during that episode, and he decided to up and run to India for a week with his family, seemingly just to take all of these photos. Apparently he had no real agenda there, everyone was raking him over the coals for it, left and right.

It's the definition of cultural appropriation, and quite plainly just PR, which is why it sickens many.

The CBC:
Trudeau's India trip, on the other hand, only started out as embarrassing: for days, he paraded around his costumed family and danced the bhangra like a bad impression of Phil Dunphy after his first yoga lesson.

From Toronto Star:

Local and international media mocked him for wearing fancy, traditional Indian garb deemed more suitable for a Bollywood film. They pointed out that this was not what ordinary Indians wear in daily life.

But the mockers forget that Trudeau wasn’t trying to impress the locals. Rather he was trying to impress those Canadian voters back home who are thrilled to see their prime minister dressed as a Bollywood hero.
Exactly. From the same article:

Prime Minister Justin Trudeau’s state visit to India has been labelled a total disaster. It wasn’t.

At worst, it was only a partial disaster.
:messenger_tears_of_joy:

Last edited:

#Phonepunk#

Sep 4, 2018
Even the Liberal media were criticizing him for this
to be fair, they excel at finding cultural appropriation and racism everywhere. i mean this is all from the Toronto Star, the same insane paper writing hitpieces against Chick Fil A, calling them "poison" through the official Twitter. these are hysterical liberals. nothing wrong with engaging with a foreign culture. the blackface is gross enough people. no need to bend over to find more examples. more will likely pop up.
the mockers forget that Trudeau wasn’t trying to impress the locals. Rather he was trying to impress those Canadian voters back home who are thrilled to see their prime minister dressed as a Bollywood hero.
projection much? this take is by a white man. why should anyone listen to this man on the issue of Indian representation?

Last edited:
  • Thoughtful
Reactions: Nymphae

Boss Mog

Dec 12, 2013

Looks like he did it more than once, there's two new pics:

Funny how it would never occur to me and most of us here probably to ever do such a thing, and yet these woke heroes were doing it all the time apparently. Makes you think...

Dunki

Oct 24, 2017

Looks like he did it more than once, there's two new pics:

Funny how it would never occur to me and most of us here probably to ever do such a thing, and yet these woke heroes were doing it all the time apparently. Makes you think...
If you follow my link there is also a video :p

Mar 1, 2018
Poland
trudeau is a giant faggot but who gives a shit about blackface other than oversensitive americans?

In poland we've had sitcoms with episodes like this:

and pretty much everybody thought that was hillarious lol

• LOL
Reactions: jonnyp and lock2k

Cybrwzrd

Anime waifu panty shots are basically the same thing as paintings of the french baroque masters, if you think about it.
Sep 29, 2014
Reactions: Rran

Rock And Roll

Sep 28, 2014
trudeau is a giant faggot but who gives a shit about blackface other than oversensitive americans?

No one actually cares. Its a few leftists pretending to be outraged by this and people on the right giving the mob a taste of their own medicine.

lock2k

Jun 13, 2018
Brazil
I don't like him and he is a true hypocrite, but on a personal level, I don't think there's anything wrong with dressing as another culture and even painting your skin. God knows I enjoyed White Chicks and laughed very much with their white faces. But the hypocrisy is striking, that's for sure.

Nester99

Sep 17, 2016
BC

His base cares. He waves the SJW flag harder than anyone. He has now planted that flag solidly up his own ass. The hypocrisy of what he says vs what he does is the real story.