• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.
  • Hi Guest. We've rebooted and consolidated our Communities section, so be sure to check it out and subscribe to some threads. Thanks!

Trudeau wore black face at party in 2001!

llien

Gold Member
Feb 1, 2017

That said, i agree with the general statement that the left must play by their own rules to learn how stupid their rules are.
BBC clarified that it is bad, because actors would color themselves like that and then engage in activities perpetuating bad things about people of color.

PS
It seems Trudeau was as serial brownfacer:

• LOL
Reactions: matt404au

TrainedRage

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2018
USA
I love how it's being stated "Brown face" as if it's somehow more justifiable than "black face".

I also love how these so called "allies" are just clearly stating they are "still voting for him because the other options are 'worse'".

Glad to know these pussies are complicit voting for a known racist. What does that make them; in their own words? Oh yeah, if you are complicit then you are actively supporting racism.

Fucking morons.

DeepEnigma

Gold Member
Dec 3, 2013
I love how it's being stated "Brown face" as if it's somehow more justifiable than "black face".

I also love how these so called "allies" are just clearly stating they are "still voting for him because the other options are 'worse'".

Glad to know these pussies are complicit voting for a known racist. What does that make them; in their own words? Oh yeah, if you are complicit then you are actively supporting racism.

Fucking morons.
That is what we call cognitive dissonance and mental gymnastics.

Slave voters.

The Elite

BOSS
Apr 8, 2006
Toronto
Hey now, not all of us on the left are crazy communists with impossible purity standards.

Just like some of you on the right voted for your pussy grabber, I gotta vote for my black face man. A lot of the party's policies align with my own.

What a world we live in.

Cybrwzrd

Anime waifu panty shots are basically the same thing as paintings of the french baroque masters, if you think about it.
Sep 29, 2014
Al Franken got screwed for no reason when people like Trudeau and Ralph Northam get to keep their jobs.

I would be pissed if I was him.
Franken was railroaded as a means of getting him out of the way for a 2020 run by the party elites (which he wasn't one of, since he is ultimately a populist), and/or as a stepping stone for Gillibrand to make her 2020 bid.

Biden has done much creepier things to women and girls and he is the frontrunner.

#Phonepunk#

Sep 4, 2018
what Franken did wasn't that bad, but the optics were terrible. when you are a politician, that's really all that matters.

optics/context matters. keep in mind that happened right when MeToo thing was blowing up, Weinstein was connected to Dems, and the Kavanaugh stuff was just coming up on the horizon. plus the whole "Trump & GOP hate women" line. Dems had zero leeway on the matter. it was either he goes or they look like total hypocrites. Franken is not an idiot or egotist, took one for the team, which is really all anyone can ask of a team player.

it worked out for him. everyone dropped it, and instead of letting it ruin his career, he ended it voluntarily. wonder if he refused to step down, whether any other photos or material would have come out, cos people probably would have kept digging for more dirt. remember, he was a comedian for decades. IMO he made the right choice, both for his party and himself.

as for this guy, it is up to the voters of Canada to decide. but this should be a wake up call that America is not the only place that is racist.

Last edited:

Cosmogony

Jul 11, 2018
I don’t know. We eat our own. As someone on the left I am still voting for him. Of course I don’t hold everyone up to impossible purity tests. Everyone has skeletons in the closet.
Skeletons?
Do intentions not matter to you? Does context not matter to you?
Please.

Hey now, not all of us on the left are crazy communists with impossible purity standards.

Just like some of you on the right voted for your pussy grabber,
What an imbecilic remark.
If you actually bothered to pay attention to what was said, you'd notice it's in fcat factual, whether you aprove of it or not, whether you liek it or not.

As usual, no one should give a flying fuck about moral pronouncements which are not substantiated in any shape or form. This prudishness and puritanism disguised as empathy and care for the fairer sex is laughable.

Reactions: Hayfield

desertdroog

Aug 12, 2008
Topic is about Canadian PM Justin Trudeau, a guy who would excoriate anyone of note for this same behavior and then leverage that shame to anyone who shares the same skin color for bonus SJW points. Yet somehow, we have people who need to talk about President Donald Trump in, yet, another unrelated thread.

TDS really brings the stupid out in the slow-witted.

cryptoadam

... and he cannot lie
Feb 21, 2018
I am not a fan of Trudeau but this guy is not a racist. He corrected a girl for saying MANkind and told her its PEOPLEkind.

I get blackface for African American's it has a history and a lot of baggage. But not everyone who wears a costume is some raging KKK member.

I mean are the Wayan's racist for their "white face" in the movie white chicks.

As a lefty he lives by the soy dies by the soy, but it is insane to believe that Trudeau is some sort of closet racist.

And the irony if I wear blackface I am a racist, but if I put on a dress and make up and wear womenface I am stunning and brave.

Joe T.

Oct 3, 2004
Montreal, Quebec
Trudeau's answering questions about it right now in Winnipeg and the more he talks the worse he appears because the way he's sidestepping certain questions gives me the impression he's been coached. I'm getting the impression he's going to be able to talk his way out of this and maybe even draw sympathy if the opposition or media press him too hard. He's milking that empathetic ally card.

• Thoughtful

finowns

May 10, 2009

Just like some of you on the right voted for your pussy grabber, I gotta vote for my black face man. A lot of the party's policies align with my own.

What a world we live in.
The difference being the nauseating hypocrisy. Like the Nike corporation discussing their moral superiority. Like I read in a Chinese webnovel "though you’ve lead the life of a whore, you still want a monument to your chastity."

The Elite

BOSS
Apr 8, 2006
Toronto
The difference being the nauseating hypocrisy. Like the Nike corporation discussing their moral superiority. Like I read in a Chinese webnovel "though you’ve lead the life of a whore, you still want a monument to your chastity."
Hypocrisy is a huge problem amongst the left. No denying that.

finowns

May 10, 2009
I am not a fan of Trudeau but this guy is not a racist. He corrected a girl for saying MANkind and told her its PEOPLEkind.

I get blackface for African American's it has a history and a lot of baggage. But not everyone who wears a costume is some raging KKK member.

I mean are the Wayan's racist for their "white face" in the movie white chicks.

As a lefty he lives by the soy dies by the soy, but it is insane to believe that Trudeau is some sort of closet racist.

And the irony if I wear blackface I am a racist, but if I put on a dress and make up and wear womenface I am stunning and brave.
And belive it or not the vast majority of people are not racist, or at least as un-racist as Justin Trudeau.

edit - And considering the story most people are less racist than Trudeau!

Last edited:
Reactions: cryptoadam

Cosmogony

Jul 11, 2018
It's not his fault.
Collective guilt, that's what it is.

I will be waiting patiently for the evidence Mr. Trudeau will no doubt be proviing in support of his allegations that systemic racism exists in today's canada.

Oct 26, 2018
Hahahahahaha!

Always knew Trudeau was a total blowhard.

And the lefty liberals believed his pretty boy looks like he's an innocent good guy the whole time.

Good job on his political answer..... tomorrow I'm going to rob a bank and apologize saying we're all bad for being caught stealing a cookie from mom's stash in a cupboard as a kid. lol.

Last edited:

NickFire

Mar 12, 2014
It's always funny to watch people like him squirm when the culture they help perpetuate turns it ire against them.

I wonder how that Bish guy is taking this news. Considering how many bans were laid down because Trump got elected, this must be 250 on the 1-10 outrage scale.

Reactions: Tygeezy
Oct 26, 2018
The guy is the biggest phony ever in Canadian politics. He's simply lucky his dad was PM in the 70s and lots of people liked him.

Since his SNC Lavalin scandal from earlier this year, he's pulled the disappearing act. The two biggest times he's been seen in public since then is.... making jabs at Trump and his recent black face response.

Guy has been invisible all of 2019.

Even for his response to SNC stuff, he's barely made any public statements. He'll say a blurb or two and go hiding again.

Big time chicken shitter all year.

Last edited:
Oct 26, 2018
Give Justin an A+ for effort.

When he goes blackface, he also goes black neck, black hands, black arms.

In the video, she even says he has black legs, as seen in ripped jeans! He basically bathed in dark paint.

What a trooper.

Last edited:
Oct 26, 2018
The Nobody_Important Nobody_Important tactic of deflecting personal responsibility and trying to take everyone down with him. Pathetic.
There will be more incidents. Right now, I think it's up to 3 pic/videos.

But according to the above CNN articles, he claims he doesn't know how many times. For something like slathering dark makeup/paint on to be a black or indian guy, pretty sure anyone could remember how many times they've done that............... unless you did it so many times it's hard to track. lol

I'm going to say 7-8 of these incidents will crop up. Maybe set the betting line at over/under of 9.5.

Give it another week for more footage to come out.

ROMhack

Jul 14, 2018
Just seems to reinforce the point that politicians live in their own worlds.

Last edited:

Joe T.

Oct 3, 2004
Montreal, Quebec
Ah - and, naturally, from here it's only one small step to "..under the Trump administration.." or "..in Trump's America..".
A couple of months ago Trudeau said "That's not how we do things in Canada" in response to Trump's "racist" remarks towards AOC & co.

As Charlie Kirk said on Twitter, "I guess repeatedly dressing in blackface is more acceptable to the Prime Minister."