• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.
  • Hi Guest. We've rebooted and consolidated our Communities section, so be sure to check it out and subscribe to some threads. Thanks!

Trudeau wore black face at party in 2001!

DeepEnigma

Gold Member
Dec 3, 2013
A couple of months ago Trudeau said "That's not how we do things in Canada" in response to Trump's "racist" remarks towards AOC & co.

As Charlie Kirk said on Twitter, "I guess repeatedly dressing in blackface is more acceptable to the Prime Minister."
All a bunch of posers.

Reactions: Joe T.

Pumpkin Seeds

Jul 13, 2018
I see people with the hot take of where's the outrage from the left??

You gotta realize that the woke have a very different priority list. But don't worry.

They'll all get plenty mad when they realize Trudeau teamed up with Mike Pence for Johnny Quest. There's no forgiving that.

Last edited:

Havoc2049

Mar 30, 2011
Arizona
Well, if a liberal politician can wear blackface standing next to someone wearing a KKK outfit and keep their job, Trudeau should be golden. 😐

The liberals are not sending us their best, as there are racists and rapists amongst them.

Last edited:
Dec 15, 2011
Yup, it looks like hypocritical attitudes are off the charts:

I have no doubts that if a political or ideological opponent behaved in the same manner, they would be thrown to the wolves.

Once again, virtue signallers prove themselves to be hollow, dishonest, grifters. Using slander and smear to pressure others to acquiesce, but showing they have no genuine morality and don't understand that a principle only works when you apply it without exception. Otherwise its merely a preference - but you don't score as many woke points for having a preference.

What's amazing is the video in that article.
EVERY person who made the edit claimed to have no issue.
The white woman (the BBC, of course, ensured they captured a spectrum of skin-tones - just not a spectrum of viewpoints) went as far as to express her guilt..

..but the zinger is the edit of her right at the very end of the video where she ponders "Who is getting political mileage out of this and its timing.. ?"

This is simply propaganda by the BBC, the uniform viewpoint and the edit so that, right at the very end, the suggestion of duplicity is the last thing the viewer sees.
Propaganda and hypocrisy. Plain and simple.
Fucking shameless.

Last edited:

DragoonKain

Nov 13, 2013
I'm against all cancelling, especially for decade+ old shit. Yes, I know the lure of "getting even" and giving the extreme left "a taste of their own medicine" would taste sweet for some people, but I think overall it is counterproductive and accomplishes nothing but more toxicity. He should be able to move on from this, but I doubt he will because the nutjobs don't care about political parties or associations, they just want blood because it makes them feel good and powerful. Which is all they really want.

Reactions: ROMhack
they just want blood because it makes them feel good and powerful
More likely that the people celebrating his ancient faux pas don't actually give a shit about his social transgressions but rather love to see a holier-than-thou asshat get some social criticism directed at him. He's a moron that hasnt done shit for this country since he took the reigns other than make Canadians look bad on the world stage, weaken us with our biggest trading partner and make deals that do nothing but make it harder to do business here.

DragoonKain

Nov 13, 2013
More likely that the people celebrating his ancient faux pas don't actually give a shit about his social transgressions but rather love to see a holier-than-thou asshat get some social criticism directed at him. He's a moron that hasnt done shit for this country since he took the reigns other than make Canadians look bad on the world stage, weaken us with our biggest trading partner and make deals that do nothing but make it harder to do business here.
I still think it's counterproductive even if you feel that way. If someone "goes down" they should go down justifiably. This sets a bad precedent. Cancelling needs to end period, and I don't believe in celebrating anyone's demise if it isn't deserved. Regardless of my opinions of them. If I think someone was wronged I will defend them even if I disagree with them.

Havoc2049

Mar 30, 2011
Arizona
I'm against all cancelling, especially for decade+ old shit. Yes, I know the lure of "getting even" and giving the extreme left "a taste of their own medicine" would taste sweet for some people, but I think overall it is counterproductive and accomplishes nothing but more toxicity. He should be able to move on from this, but I doubt he will because the nutjobs don't care about political parties or associations, they just want blood because it makes them feel good and powerful. Which is all they really want.
We aren’t even anywhere near the redemption phase of this scandal. This is all still coming in hot and heavy and he is still being a two face liar and not being honest with the public. It also doesn’t help that Trudeau has always had a smug holier than thou attitude when it comes to social issues. Trudeau is also young enough that black face has been socially unacceptable his whole life. He knew it was wrong when he did it. If there is video out there with audio when he was doing black face, he probably made a bunch of cringe worthy racist comments, as he was yucking it up with his buddies.

autoduelist

Aug 30, 2014
2019 is fucking hilarious. I mean, sure, we might be witnessing the fall of Western Civilization to a shitty mindworm cult, but it's funny as hell watching the left shit itself daily. Hell, i bet the NYT is glad Trudeau wore blackface, because they were averaging a scandal a day for a week.

Remember when Governor Northram went from talking about post birth abortions to pictures in blackface next to a guy in a kkk hood? And he almost moonwalked on camera?

Jussie Smollett and the Nigerians? Remember his lawyer saying the pictures of the Nigerians [note: they are actually American born, if i remember correctly] as joker during halloween are evidence that they use whiteface and tricked jussie?

Remember this guy railroading an innocent teen and his stolen valor, claiming to be a Vietnam vet:

Remember Elizabeth Warren's 1/1024 dna test?

Beto and Cory speaking in spanish during the debates?

AOC's "Ain’t nothing wrong with that", fence photos, 'ban cow farts' and pay 'those unwilling to work'?

Hoax hate 10 items or less? And the dude shows up at the presser?

And that's just scraping the surface.

2019 is so out there, so absolutely bonkers. I've never seen anything like it. Each story starts ridiculous, then just gets crazier.

And the one common factor: mainstream media has gotten most of these ridiculously wrong, and indy media sorted it out.

Last edited:

Chittagong

Gold Member
Jun 8, 2004
This is the funniest shit all year, I just can't stop laughing. Everything about it - the fact that it's Trudeau of all people, the fact that he didn't just do face but hands and legs too, the fact that he did it at the very least three times, and the fact that leftists will now be voting knowingly a blackface guy in.

Al Abaster

Jul 20, 2019
Pretty interesting isn't it that the liberals are all closet Mammy singers while they lecture all the rest of us on our racism? I mean seriously, what is this now, the 39th liberal caught in blackface? I'm quite a bit to the right of Genghis Khan, and never even considered blackface at any point in my life. Seemed tasteless to me.

Last edited:

Breakage

Mar 3, 2014
Can you round it to the nearest five?' Town hall questioner rips Justin Trudeau for REFUSING to say how many times he has donned blackface as scandal deepens for Canadian PM:

He doesn't even know how times he has blacked up. It just keeps getting worse, lol.

Last edited:

lock2k

Jun 13, 2018
Brazil
Can you round it to the nearest five?' Town hall questioner rips Justin Trudeau for REFUSING to say how many times he has donned blackface as scandal deepens for Canadian PM:

He doesn't even know how times he has blacked up. It just keeps getting worse, lol.
The schadenfreude is strong with this one. lol

Breakage

Mar 3, 2014
The schadenfreude is strong with this one. lol
Yup. The thing is with the Arab cosplay I don't know why he felt he had to black up. He could pass for an Arab guy if he simply dyed his hair black. There was no need for the really dark face paint:

Last edited:
  • LOL
Reactions: dolabla and lock2k

ROMhack

Jul 14, 2018
Yup, it looks like hypocritical attitudes are off the charts:

I have no doubts that if a political or ideological opponent behaved in the same manner, they would be thrown to the wolves.

Once again, virtue signallers prove themselves to be hollow, dishonest, grifters. Using slander and smear to pressure others to acquiesce, but showing they have no genuine morality and don't understand that a principle only works when you apply it without exception. Otherwise its merely a preference - but you don't score as many woke points for having a preference.

What's amazing is the video in that article.
EVERY person who made the edit claimed to have no issue.
The white woman (the BBC, of course, ensured they captured a spectrum of skin-tones - just not a spectrum of viewpoints) went as far as to express her guilt..

..but the zinger is the edit of her right at the very end of the video where she ponders "Who is getting political mileage out of this and its timing.. ?"

This is simply propaganda by the BBC, the uniform viewpoint and the edit so that, right at the very end, the suggestion of duplicity is the last thing the viewer sees.
Propaganda and hypocrisy. Plain and simple.
Fucking shameless.
I read that too and it struck me the same way.

Last edited:

infinitys_7th

Gold Member
Oct 1, 2006
If only the conservative oppo research was better we could have avoided this clown's antics for the last 4 years. The fact that 3 of these all dropped at the same time shows that someone was sitting on this.
Or maybe they figured it would be more beneficial to use this to cut him down in his prime. There has been a slow leak and build of up damaging releases against Trudeau.

Last edited:

Teletraan1

May 17, 2012
Canada
Or maybe they figured it would be more beneficial to use this to cut him down in his prime. There has been a slow leak and build of up damaging releases against Trudeau.
I am saying that instead of "nice hair though" ads that were run last last election if they had this he would have never been PM. Globalnews obviously had this photo and have been sitting on it since they released the new ones almost right away after the story broke in Time. Again complicit media.

Someone needs to remake this ad with the blackface scandal.

Last edited:
Dec 15, 2011
Being mocked and criticised for not only your (repeated) poor judgement, but your slimey refusal to be personally accountable for it:

One side of the fence does it: "It's trolling".
Another side of the fence does it: "Speaking truth to power", "Demanding to be heard" etc etc.

The black/brown/whatever face was one level of wrong.
The ongoing double-standards, narrative, deflection, and kid-gloves treatment from so many - especially the MSM, when they'd be sticking knives in the backs of others, is wrongness on a far more severe level.

Two things:

It's easy to look good when things are going well. The true test of someone is how they handle themselves when things are going badly.

Fortunately, this latest display of hypocrisy and cringe-worthy theatrics opens the door for everyone else.
Accused of racism? Simply explain you were merely impersonating the Canadian Prime Minister!

Breakage

Mar 3, 2014
Being mocked and criticised for not only your (repeated) poor judgement, but your slimey refusal to be personally accountable for it:

One side of the fence does it: "It's trolling".
Another side of the fence does it: "Speaking truth to power", "Demanding to be heard" etc etc.

The black/brown/whatever face was one level of wrong.
The ongoing double-standards, narrative, deflection, and kid-gloves treatment from so many - especially the MSM, when they'd be sticking knives in the backs of others, is wrongness on a far more severe level.

Two things:

It's easy to look good when things are going well. The true test of someone is how they handle themselves when things are going badly.

Fortunately, this latest display of hypocrisy and cringe-worthy theatrics opens the door for everyone else.
Accused of racism? Simply explain you were merely impersonating the Canadian Prime Minister!
Yup. If anything the incident only further highlights the inconsistent attitude of the modern left. If Donald Trump or Nigel Farage did something similar, there would be no room for “Hey, let's try to understand the context” and all the other attempts at excuse-making.
The judgement would be swift and final: they are irredeemable racists.

Trogdor1123

Mar 2, 2012
Honestly, I don't see it as a big deal. Its stupid, but every single person does stupid things they would take back. I know I sure have and it's not like he did it yesterday.

I wouldn't vote for Trudeau at all but stuff like this is taking away from real discussions. Racism is an important discussion item 100% but I wouldn't call him a racist for this.

Just my 2 cents.

autoduelist

Aug 30, 2014
Imagine not knowing how many times you've worn black face.

Question: would this be big enough of a scandal that he'd have to resign?
I heard he had some sort of q and a and someone in the crowd asked him to round to the nearest 5.

autoduelist

Aug 30, 2014
I wouldn't vote for Trudeau at all but stuff like this is taking away from real discussions. Racism is an important discussion item 100% but I wouldn't call him a racist for this.
Nobody really thinks he is racist. That's the whole point, and why this is a 'real discussion'. The media runs cover for him but would shellac anyone opposing him for the same thing. That's why this is important.

#Phonepunk#

Sep 4, 2018
as a public representative, a large part of your job is simply optics. this is why people constantly give Trump shit. they think he is supposed to "stand" for all US citizens. so really, that is the area where this is a massive failure.

interesting to watch the Both Sidesing happen tho. it is funny, leftists think they are the only ones with a moral compass, yet the moment something like this happens, they are quick to point to the sins of others, admitting they are just as full of shit as anyone.

• Fire
Reactions: Vicetrailia

desertdroog

Aug 12, 2008
Between Va. Gov. Northam's Blackface/Klan outfit and Canadian PM Trudeau's Brownface/arms/hands proving that you can't be held accountable to the standards regressives have set up, then the power of said regressives have been watered down for this type of stuff. In short, never apologize to crybullies, since they won't hold themselves accountable for the same transgressions.

Last edited:

#Phonepunk#

Sep 4, 2018
i was amazed when i saw Tropic Thunder. i was like, "Are you serious? They are getting away with this?" this wasn't even the 90s, this was after 9/11. guess RDJ is so liberal that he can do blackface. it was shocking to me. i saw Song of the South in the theater in the 80s and my dad sat me down afterwards and gave me a history lesson, so i've known it was wrong since i was under 10. some smug rich guy making the same point 20 years later, yeah, it felt exploitative tbh.

kind of amazed Always Sunny got away with it. then again, they are all Dems, right? free pass.

Last edited:
Reactions: Nymphae

Durask

Feb 6, 2012
Looks like he decided to ramble about banning guns - that usually works with woke base.

autoduelist

Aug 30, 2014
Can anyone find the Don Lemon footage of him running cover for this? How 'refreshing' it is to have a politican apologize. I saw it as part of a longer vid but can't find just that conversation.

JordanN

Apr 21, 2012
Brampton, Ontario
Annnnnnnnnnd right after being publicly embarrassed, Trudeau is now coming after our guns.

See why having a second amendment is so important?
When the government fucks up, rather than take responsible, they decide to punish civilians instead.

BLACKFACE GOOD
GUNS BAD

Edit: Here's the tweet from Prime Ministrel himself confirming gun control.

Last edited:

JordanN

Apr 21, 2012
Brampton, Ontario
More hypocrisy from the den of rats.

Man, I was actually thinking of sitting out this election, but fuck this shit. This is the second time I'm going to go to the polls because I'm sick of what is happening to my country. Too much blatant hypocrisy from the SJW left, I don't want them dictating to other people anymore.

Also, you know the Prime Minister fucked up when even Trump thinks he's strange.

Last edited:

DeepEnigma

Gold Member
Dec 3, 2013
Annnnnnnnnnd right after being publicly embarrassed, Trudeau is now coming after our guns.

See why having a second amendment is so important?
When the government fucks up, rather than take responsible, they decide to punish civilians instead.

BLACKFACE GOOD
GUNS BAD

Edit: Here's the tweet from Prime Ministrel himself confirming gun control.

Last edited:
  • LOL
Reactions: Oner and CurryPanda

#Phonepunk#

Sep 4, 2018
#Phonepunk# #Phonepunk# Robert Downey Jr. is a conservative Republican.
he is? i can't find a source for that. besides, wouldn't REEEtards lose their shit over beloved comic book guy being a nazi?

i see a single mealy mouthed quote from him that doesn't say either side. fwiw, he was in this pro Clinton 2016 video with all his liberal friends.
then again maybe this was just for PR

Last edited:
Trudeau is now coming after our guns.
It's ridiculously difficult to get a restricted license and painful to legally go shoot said restricted weapon, but yep let's make it impossible now.
And of course taxpayers will foot the bill for those legitimate owners to turn in said firearms if this fuckwit gets his way with this new legislation.
It baffles me anyone votes for this toolbag

• Love
Reactions: Teletraan1