• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.
  • The Politics forum has been nuked. Please do not bring political discussion to the rest of the site, or you will be removed. Thanks.

True or False? A steak that needs steak sauce isnt a good steak.

Status
Not open for further replies.

linsivvi

Aug 8, 2006
Certain things are objectively moronic. Personal taste is one thing, immolating an expensive cut so that it transforms into the taste and texture of a much cheaper cut and slathering it in cheap sauce to make up for the lost moisture is objectively wasteful and pointless.

I am very happy to munch on a thin sandwich steak with some A1 and some over easy eggs with a cup of coffee at a diner. I'm not gonna drop $60-$100 on a beautiful piece of meat aged in a specific way just to ask the chef to transform it into something I coulda got at that diner that morning for $6.

Agreed 100%.

Aiustis

Aug 30, 2013
Cybernetic Wonderland
I disagree. I've some good aged steak a few times in my and it always left me underwhelmed without sauce. Maybe because I prefer goat, mutton or venison and like my flavors bold.

Status
Not open for further replies.