• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Trump’s China Trade Deal Is as Dead as Can Be

womfalcs3

Banned
May 11, 2007

"Trump’s much-touted trade victory has crashed and burned with the coronavirus pandemic, and nothing more dramatically signals that than the energy part of the deal. Amid the collapse in oil demand and prices unleashed by the pandemic, it is now all but certain that China will fail to meet its targets for energy purchases and expose the folly of Trump’s trade strategy. While Trump was right to address China’s problematic trade practices, the administration’s approach made little sense before the pandemic—and makes even less sense now."

So now what has this term produced? The tax cuts that have exacerbated the federal budget deficits?

The federal judges appointments and the tax cuts were all confirmed or passed by Republican majorities. The fat orange turd doesn't have that anymore.

Reactions: VanEs

DeepEnigma

Gold Member
Dec 3, 2013
more important than any trade deal is that Trump highlighted the risk that China is and he made it front and center of his policy .. and with the pandemic occurring because of China, he showed us he is right
I still strongly believe this was China’s retaliation along with their cosponsored “impeachment” coup distraction.

Woo-Fu

incest on the subway
Jan 2, 2007
Man, Trump really should have taken into account a future pandemic and economic collapse when pushing for a new trade deal. Hope he takes meteors and aliens into account when he plans the next one.

MSNBC might have a White House press corps spot opening up womfalcs3, submit your resume.

Last edited:

autoduelist

Aug 30, 2014
Decouple. Bring factories home where possible, build trade relations with other countries to fill in the gaps.

Continue to arrest the spies and traitors in our universities and any other institution they inhabit.

Cancel debt in retaliation for COVID.

Hope a global rejection of China creates the needed impetus for regime change, and they don’t lash out as their economy implodes instead.

China was in the middle of trying to take over the world. Hopefully the world noticed soon enough.

SpartanN92

Gold Member
Sep 7, 2012
Kentucky, it’s not as bad as Australia
I’m getting really sick of his shit and I’m gonna call it out every time I see it.
I get having different opinions, that’s perfectly fine but he’s just a fucking idiot who is tickled to death that Coronavirus hit when it did and he’s desperate to see it get worse until after November.

-Arcadia-

Gold Member
Aug 20, 2019
So now what has this term produced? The tax cuts that have exacerbated the federal budget deficits?

The federal judges appointments and the tax cuts were all confirmed or passed by Republican majorities. The fat orange turd doesn't have that anymore.
Totally a poster looking to contribute and discuss honestly, not a low-rent troll/shill.

Add in cheering on the coronavirus. Right side of history and all that.👌

Last edited:

Trey

Mar 3, 2010
The article doesn't outline what happens if China fails to reach their promised energy purchases. Nor does it explain any contingencies to the deal. Those are important contexts to know when appraising the trade deal, and whether it was solid policy or not.

womfalcs3

Banned
May 11, 2007
Totally a poster looking to contribute and discuss honestly, not a low-rent troll/shill.

Add in cheering on the coronavirus. Right side of history and all that.👌
When I was warning about the disaster waiting to happen with this dysfunctional administration in place, I had TDS.

When finally the disastrous outcomes *begin* to take place, and I point them out, I become a cheerleader for its failure.

Can't win with Trump Defenders. Why are you so ardent in defending him? Is he paying your rent?

Last edited:

-Arcadia-

Gold Member
Aug 20, 2019
When I was warning about the disaster waiting to happen with this dysfunctional administration in place, I had TDS.
You predicted the Coronavirus? Very impressive.

When finally the disastrous outcomes *begin* to take place, and I point them out, I become a cheerleader for its failure.
Because people have emotional comprehension beyond that of a three-year-old, Wom. Literally everyone can see your shit-eating grin and motives behind the monitor after sampling thousands of data points about how you think.

Can't win with Trump Defenders. Why are you so ardent in defending him? Is he paying your rent?
That’s exactly it. He is paying my rent, courtesy of tax cuts, and barring the worldwide disaster that you’re so happy about, the best economy in ages.

We’re not ardent in defending him, we’re calling you out in the middle of this:

-Arcadia-

Gold Member
Aug 20, 2019
Jesus Christ, imagine this pandemic with Clinton in charge. I'm not quite sure we would survive as a nation.
That would actually be a really interesting alternate reality.

I imagine the country would still be shut down without any sort of an opening date, and constant goal-post moving as to when it would happen, just based on what we’re seeing from California, New York, etc.

womfalcs3

Banned
May 11, 2007
You predicted the Coronavirus? Very impressive.

Because people have emotional comprehension beyond that of a three-year-old, Wom. Literally everyone can see your shit-eating grin and motives behind the monitor after sampling thousands of data points about how you think.

That’s exactly it. He is paying my rent, courtesy of tax cuts, and barring the worldwide disaster that you’re so happy about, the best economy in ages.

We’re not ardent in defending him, we’re calling you out in the middle of this:

1.) Not the virus. The trade war and inflationary policies he has adopted have either failed or exacerbated the situation.

2.) He cut taxes for you, which you'll feel initially. Then, with inflation made worse by it, you'll find yourself payong more for the same good. So he alternatively added a burden in the long-run.

• LOL
Reactions: -Arcadia-

Torrent of Pork

Gold Member
Aug 29, 2018
Bartow, Florida, USA
1.) Not the virus. The trade war and inflationary policies he has adopted have either failed or exacerbated the situation.

2.) He cut taxes for you, which you'll feel initially. Then, with inflation made worse by it, you'll find yourself payong more for the same good. So he alternatively added a burden in the long-run.
In my household if money gets tight I cut back on spending money on stupid shit. In the federal government spending millions of my taxpayer dollars on lesbian dance theory or the affects of shrimp on treadmills is a foregone conclusion.

Last edited:

longdi

Ni hao ma, fellow kids?
Jun 7, 2004

Yeah it is strange people are heralding Trump as the hero, where it was him that started a half ass trade war while pushing the Fed to inflate the rich pockets. 🤷‍♀️

Reactions: womfalcs3

Cato

China delenda est
Oct 27, 2017
Moore Park Beach

"Trump’s much-touted trade victory has crashed and burned with the coronavirus pandemic, and nothing more dramatically signals that than the energy part of the deal. Amid the collapse in oil demand and prices unleashed by the pandemic, it is now all but certain that China will fail to meet its targets for energy purchases and expose the folly of Trump’s trade strategy. While Trump was right to address China’s problematic trade practices, the administration’s approach made little sense before the pandemic—and makes even less sense now."

Good.
The less trade that is made and the less dependence is built with hostile enemy nations the better.

I hope that this trend continues and pray that trade falls even more, unto the point there is zero trade between china and the rest of the world.

China must be destroyed and china supporters should seriously consider moving there to the country they love so much.

Last edited:
Reactions: Torrent of Pork

HeresJohnny

Mar 14, 2018
Yeah it is strange people are heralding Trump as the hero, where it was him that started a half ass trade war while pushing the Fed to inflate the rich pockets. 🤷‍♀️
It shouldn’t surprise me that you and Wolm agree.

Nice tag btw!

hyperbertha

Nov 24, 2018
??? Not sure whats up with OP. This is exactly what Trump (and everybody else) needs to do. Start cutting off all ties with China.