• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Trump addresses Charlottesville [Up: Trump's people force him to croak out "racism"]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Effect

Not seeing any praise for it on the news I'm watching. People are shitting on the fact that he took two days to condemn Nazis but instantly attacks others like civil rights leaders, actors, veterans, etc.

Good. He shouldn't be getting any praise for it. He screwed up the first outing. This second outing is forced and insincere. He started off talking about and praising himself for fucks sake. Then he started talking using words he should have used Saturday. Even then he did the bare minimum. He could have gotten away with this Saturday. For all the heat he rightfully took he needed to say and do more so he failed again. Then he talks about pardoning the racist sheriff himself afterward!?

People need to continue to drag his racist ass. He gets no credit for being forced to be a decent human being and still failing in the process.

UberTag

Good. He shouldn't be getting any praise for it. He screwed up the first outing. This second outing is forced and insincere. He started off talking about and praising himself for fucks sake. Then he started talking using words he should have used Saturday. Even then he did the bare minimum. He could have gotten away with this Saturday. For all the heat he rightfully took he needed to say and do more so he failed again. Then he talks about pardoning the racist sheriff himself afterward!?

People need to continue to drag his racist ass. He gets no credit for being forced to be a decent human being and still failing in the process.
Who knew being president fixing health care being a decent human being would be so hard? He's still new to this. Dude's only been alive for 71 years.

K.Sabot

the racist fucks don't even think they're racist for the most part.

outside of the most extreme, they think they're "pro-white, not anti-black". They hide behind "defense of white identity" to sidestep when people call them white-supremacists. Calling out the KKK directly I can get behind, but these shitbirds can sidestep most of his condemnation anyway.

D i Z

the racist fucks don't even think they're racist for the most part.

outside of the most extreme, they think they're "pro-white, not anti-black". They hide behind "defense of white identity" to sidestep when people call them white-supremacists. Calling out the KKK directly I can get behind, but these shitbirds can sidestep most of his condemnation anyway.

They know that they are racist as fuck and are proud of being in that club. Years of media like Fox news codified terminology means that they all know what "Pro-white" means and how to use it as that club handshake.

Garlador

Jared Taylor, head of white nationalist publication American Renaissance, told TPM. “Joe Biden said there’s only one side. Well, wait a minute, if the counter-demonstrators would not have showed up, there would have been no violence at all. It takes two to do this.”

“Donald Trump’s most recent condemnation of racism was also good and was appropriate as the head of our entire country,” Johnson wrote TPM in an email. “I note that he condemned all racism INCLUDING that coming from the KKK and neo-nazis. The use of the word ‘including’ indicates that he believes there is a larger, over-arching source of racism besides those groups named.”

“I am pleased with what Donald Trump said,” Johnson added. “The only solution for the festering racism of this country is separation and the creation of a white ethnostate.”

No words.

Seik

Banned

Spinning-Penny.gif

Jared Taylor, head of white nationalist publication American Renaissance, told TPM. “Joe Biden said there’s only one side. Well, wait a minute, if the counter-demonstrators would not have showed up, there would have been no violence at all. It takes two to do this.”

If people who opposed white supremacy would have just stayed away, the Nazi who had been craving the opportunity to murder non-Nazis would have been deprived of targets and all would be well!

Phreaker

If we have learned anything from the last year or so, it's that you should always judge politicians and presidents by their actions rather than their words. Trump could say he condemns white supremacists and the KKK, he could call it a terrorist attack rather than a car attack, he could say everything people want him to say

None of that matters when his actions like those in the quoted post, the people he has appointed, and so on show where his values and ideals really lie.

Exactly. I don't believe any of the words he says that are written for him. It's so obvious when he's reading what someone else wrote vs what he thinks/feels/does.

edit: Actually, I don't believe anything he says written for him or not.

William Johnson, head of the white nationalist American Freedom Party,who bankrolled robocalls for Trump during the campaign, shared a similar interpretation of Trump’s Monday remarks.

“Donald Trump’s most recent condemnation of racism was also good and was appropriate as the head of our entire country,” Johnson wrote TPM in an email. “I note that he condemned all racism INCLUDING that coming from the KKK and neo-nazis. The use of the word ‘including’ indicates that he believes there is a larger, over-arching source of racism besides those groups named.”

Yes, there is a larger, over-arching source of racism besides those groups named: Republican voters and politicians.

D i Z

Why are people surprised by any of this? It was known during his campaign that he would support them, and them him. And there would be violence. It's kind of the entire point of him being there.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom