• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Trump addresses Charlottesville [Up: Trump's people force him to croak out "racism"]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Obama's speech after Pulse was fifteen god damn minutes of condemnation and sadness.

This old bitter ass racist couldn't even muster fake sadness. For three fucking minutes.

Mechazawa

It's actually amazing just how little he actually gives a shit about what's going on today.

Like, he's completely incapable of even pretending to feign interest or show distress.

I'm still dumbstruck.

I mean, you could query even the most partisan Republican during the Obama era, and I'm sure they'd say, "Yeah, he's a Kenyan Muslim communist, but he's smart and well-spoken."

Trump is offensively stupid.

What kind of sick monster, claiming to support unity, uses a terrorist incident committed in US soil as a way to pivot into self congratulations on policies that have nothing to do with what happened?

NYR

This is worse than "read my lips no new taxes".

This really should be the moment we should never forget and turn the polls. Please.

Burt

Might be the worst speech by a President, ever.

I think so.

Like, literally.

He actually doesn't understand what's happening.

Besides the wink and nod "Our God, our country, our flag" - when I seriously truly actually don't know which flag he's talking about at this point - I mean, the way this speech is being carried out in the wake of a terrorist attack is showing some Patrick Bateman-level human disconnect.

HylianTom

Banned
I am a really good fucking actor, but I'm going to have trouble facing the Trump supporters in my life after this weekend.

This has been disgusting. And if you support this man, you are disgusting.

iammeiam

Played it safe I think but got through it, not much he could say honestly.

OK, I get that people want us to grade Trump on like... pre-school intelligence curve

But when discussing Charlottesville, the absolute lowest the bar should go is "don't segue into bragging about a bunch of unrelated shit you want to take credit for."

He didn't condemn the violence and leave it at that. He condemned it, then clarified ALL SIDES DOING BAD THINGS, then turned around and bragged for a while.

He didn't get through it. Inserting "many sides" trashed the entire thing.

MCN

Banned
It's actually amazing just how little he actually gives a shit about what's going on today.

Like, he's completely incapable of even pretending to feign interest or show distress.

All he sees is his enemies getting hurt. The guy is a legitimate sociopath.

"On both sides"

Been awhile since Trump genuinely pissed me off. And then going into...job creation stats? What in the fuck was that? Had to turn that stupidity off.

Link

The Autumn Wind
"See, I can do it."

Except you literally didn't. I hope this guy suffers a massive stroke, and soon.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom