• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Trump admin ending legal aid, English classes for migrant children in US shelters

May 22, 2018
You literally said "make it easier for people to immigrate legally" as a way to curb illegal immigration. Hence, my quip wasn't a dishonest framing of your assertions at all. Unless you're speaking in riddles or something.
Making it easier is not the same as "Consider all immigration legal".

So yes it was dishonest.

• LOL
Reactions: matt404au
Oct 26, 2018
Well, I don't know how much it costs to teach English to migrants in shelters, but if it seems most will stay in the US, I say you might as pay the cost and teach them. Might as well teach basic communication skills so that's one barrier off their backs.

gunslikewhoa

Mar 3, 2014
Get a clue people. Your masters don't give a damn about your kids- not the left flavoured ones and not the right flavoured ones.

The hierarchy is always class/caste based. The rules may differ- but the minority at the top always look down upon the losers at the bottom.

Trumpy does X, Obama does Y- all the same thing in the final analysis. Dribblers are told to pick a team tho.

At any given time what matters is the agenda of the current set of masters. Trumpy is allowed to pick at the scabs that should ensure him a second term. Cos your masters are now fully happy with Trumpy, after having gotten over their shock at losing with Clinton.

Like most modern successful business men, Trump's instinct is to talk tough, but be a very reasonable compromiser in private. Painting him as an extremist when in reality he is a moderate is done for effect, not truth. However, this is not to say they ain't weaponising Trump's tough exterior- or even trying to make that the new reality.

The shelters are horrific, were under Obama, continue to be so under Trumpy. And why? Cos they must generate a negative pressure to ensure the process that fills the shelters does not continue to magnify. We call this *negative feedback* in engineering and maths, and it is the *only* way to create a stable system.

Sadly negative feedback means some people suffer. The greater the force pushing in the wrong direction, the higher the negative feedaback is tuned to.

But say the dumb dumbs won. The shelters were made a paradise. Now far more people, reassured by this, will move heaven and earth to sneak into the USA. Which causes vastly worse problems, and vastly more misery downwind.

Scum selling refurbished garbage to desperate people, that sinks the moment they are deep at sea. Land migrants empowering the most ruthless gangsters who grow more and more powerful in their border regions until all locals fall under their regime.

You bleeding heart morons play straight into the hands of the far right.

Real humanity means working to ensure their homelands stop being sh-tholes. We have the tech to do this. We have the knowledge of political systems. But your masters don't give a flying f-ck. Did you see what your masters did to Syria, for instance, once an advanced peaceful multi-cultural industrialised society where all were equal.

But the yank christian zionists, many of whom are lefties, didn't like Syria cos their mates in those two disgusting Middle East states didn't like Syria. The wahhabis and the other lot so loved by yanks. So Syria was put to the sword, merely to collapse its industrial potential for decades to come- and f-ck the millions of innocents hurt in the process.

No american who has *any* love for the wahhabi cult or the other one cares about General Humanity to the slighest degree. So we have this *fake* virtue signalling instead. "Won't you think of the children" they cry as they bomb the kids of Syria, Iran, Iraq, Libya, Serbia, Yemen, Lebanon, Gaza etc etc.
I bet you keep your farts in jars for special occasions.

Boss Mog

Dec 12, 2013
And who is gonna pay for it? Oh yeah rich people, because they dont deserve their money.
Actually rich people don't pay for much of anything sadly. They hide their money off-shore and use tax loop-holes. At least with ring-wing rich people they're pretty upfront about being greedy assholes, The ones of the left though, like all those Hollywood people, they're worse because they virtue signal and pretend to be "for the people", but they do all the same things to not pay their share of taxes.

Corporations are even worse.

Last edited:

pramod

Oct 24, 2017
Actually rich people don't pay for much of anything sadly. They hide their money off-shore and use tax loop-holes. At least with ring-wing rich people they're pretty upfront about being greedy assholes, The ones of the left though, like all those Hollywood people, they're worse because they virtue signal and pretend to be "for the people", but they do all the same things to not pay their share of taxes.

Corporations are even worse.
I dont see what hiding money off shore has anything to do with taxes. You dont get taxed for the money you already have, you get taxed for income.

And what is a tax loophole? Is it just rules in the tax law you can use to pay lower taxes? If so why not just change the law? Everyone I know tries to pay as little tax they can, so is it wrong for rich people to do the same just because they are rich?

Last edited:

Boss Mog

Dec 12, 2013
I dont see what hiding money off shore has anything to do with taxes. You dont get taxed for the money you already have, you get taxed for income.

And what is a tax loophole? Is it just rules in the tax law you can use to pay lower taxes? If so why not just change the law? Everyone I know tries to pay as little tax they can, so is it wrong for rich people to do the same just because they are rich?
It's income they're hiding off-shore. If you think it's cool for billionaires to pay no taxes and even get refunds, then I guess we'll agree to disagree.

NickFire

Mar 12, 2014
I never said they did. i was just saying that would be the easiest way to solve illegal immigration. That is teh point right? To reduce the number of illegal immigrants? If you make it easier to immigrate that means less illegal immigrants.
You either don't realize that your idea would cause even more illegal immigration, or you do realize it and open borders is your true goal.

Reactions: prag16

pramod

Oct 24, 2017
Just how much immigration is enough?

a leftist will never give you a straight answer on that one.

pramod

Oct 24, 2017
All seven billion+ people on Earth are Americans we just haven't met yet.
Yeah this is why it is impossible to implement any rational solutions to our immigration problems. Even something as common sense as an expanded temporary worker program in exchange for stronger border security is a no-go, because what Democrats really want is new voters and getting rid of the white majority.

infinitys_7th

Oct 1, 2006
Why would they need to learn English if the goal of the system is to reunite them with their families in their home country?

Seems like it was more to generate a sunken cost argument for them to stay.

Reactions: Cucked SoyBoy

Psydonk

Jun 17, 2015
And what is a tax loophole? Is it just rules in the tax law you can use to pay lower taxes? If so why not just change the law?
Tax Loopholes are typically "loopholes" in complicated, often vague tax codes that are exploited by those that can afford good accountants to basically allow the person or company involved, not only minimise tax but exploit it. It's hard to tell if they're put in on purpose or are just the result of complicated legal texts... but honestly I lean to the former.

"Is it just rules in the tax law you can use to pay lower taxes?" sometimes, but very often you get situations where a company pays little to no real tax, but then gets a refund on the tax they were supposed to pay thus the individual or company literally come out with the taxpayer just giving them free money. These sort of loopholes are generally are only available to the rich or business and usually involve fucking around with business and investment taxes.

"If so why not just change the law?" because every time someone tries, generally the Political right scream blue murder to the average person about the Government "raising taxes" and since tax law is complicated, you generally get the general public believing they're getting a tax hike when in reality, most of the time the Government is trying to stop the rich and corporations from ripping off the taxpayer.

oagboghi2

Apr 15, 2018
Tax Loopholes are typically "loopholes" in complicated, often vague tax codes that are exploited by those that can afford good accountants to basically allow the person or company involved, not only minimise tax but exploit it. It's hard to tell if they're put in on purpose or are just the result of complicated legal texts... but honestly I lean to the former.

"Is it just rules in the tax law you can use to pay lower taxes?" sometimes, but very often you get situations where a company pays little to no real tax, but then gets a refund on the tax they were supposed to pay thus the individual or company literally come out with the taxpayer just giving them free money. These sort of loopholes are generally are only available to the rich or business and usually involve fucking around with business and investment taxes.

"If so why not just change the law?" because every time someone tries, generally the Political right scream blue murder to the average person about the Government "raising taxes" and since tax law is complicated, you generally get the general public believing they're getting a tax hike when in reality, most of the time the Government is trying to stop the rich and corporations from ripping off the taxpayer.
So much stupid in one post.

"Those darn buisnesses, minimizing their tax bill. It's not like every citizen doesn't try to do the same thing every year. "🙄