• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.
  • Hi Guest. We've rebooted and consolidated our Communities section, so be sure to check it out and subscribe to some threads. Thanks!

Trump Administration discussing policy to help block LGBT child adoptions.

King of Foxes

Jan 9, 2018
Latvia
A woman is not a failure because they don’t want to have kids. Those types of thoughts are held by incels or people born in the early 1900s.
It is against their biological nature. An animals basic instinct is to survive and reproduce.

I would say the same about anyone over 35 with no kids.

Reactions: Ikutachi

TheContact

Jan 22, 2016
It is against their biological nature. An animals basic instinct is to survive and reproduce.

not all things in life are black and white. Just because women have a uterus doesn’t mean they would be a good mother. For these people it’s better they don’t have kids because they’ll resent them and be a shitty mom. That doesn’t make them a failure as a woman. Some women put their career over having kids, some can’t have kids biologically, some simply don’t want to be held down, to deal with the struggles of raising kids. Selfish maybe? Not a failure just because their biology allows them to reproduce. These viewpoints you hold are extremely sheltered.

Reactions: Nobody_Important

King of Foxes

Jan 9, 2018
Latvia
not all things in life are black and white. Just because women have a uterus doesn’t mean they would be a good mother. For these people it’s better they don’t have kids because they’ll resent them and be a shitty mom. That doesn’t make them a failure as a woman. Some women put their career over having kids, some can’t have kids biologically, some simply don’t want to be held down, to deal with the struggles of raising kids. Selfish maybe? Not a failure just because their biology allows them to reproduce. These viewpoints you hold are extremely sheltered.
They are common where im from.

And yes a woman choosing a career over a family is failing at life

OptimusApex

Formerly 'AfricanKing' ... purposely obtuse
Jul 16, 2017

I guess this woman was so eager to reproduce she murdered her own children

Not all women make great mothers and parenthood is not for everyone.

Reactions: crowbrow

King of Foxes

Jan 9, 2018
Latvia
I guess this woman was so eager to reproduce she murdered her own children

Not all women make great mothers and parenthood is not for everyone.
Not a good look

Gay man kills adopted kid

Matthew Scully-Hicks, 31, is accused of killing 18-month old Elsie after 'assaulting and abusing' her over several months.

The couple first adopted Elsie in September 2015 and the process was finalised nearly eight months later.

But less than two weeks later little Elsie died after suffering traumatic head injuries.

Last edited:

OptimusApex

Jul 16, 2017
Not a good look

Gay man kills adopted kid

Matthew Scully-Hicks, 31, is accused of killing 18-month old Elsie after 'assaulting and abusing' her over several months.

The couple first adopted Elsie in September 2015 and the process was finalised nearly eight months later.

But less than two weeks later little Elsie died after suffering traumatic head injuries.
Goes against your narrative that every woman wants to reproduce and have kids? As I said parenthood is not for everyone

King of Foxes

Jan 9, 2018
Latvia
Goes against your narrative that every woman wants to reproduce and have kids? As I said parenthood is not for everyone
That does nothing to my narrative as its a childs death caused by a gay couple.

And i didnt say every woman WANTS to be a mother, just that those who choose not to are failures.

Anecdotal below

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-7295837/amp/Sex-City-writer-admits-regrets-choosing-career-having-children.html

Sex and the City writer Candace Bushnell, 60, admits she regrets choosing a career over having children as she is now 'truly alone'

OptimusApex

Jul 16, 2017
That does nothing to my narrative as its a childs death caused by a gay couple.

And i didnt say every woman WANTS to be a mother, just that those who choose not to are failures.

Anecdotal below
My link not yours. Having children is not a must for allot of people. Depending on their mental state and various other metrics.

You considering that a failure is niche thought in all honestly and your allowed to think that while being wrong to.

Tesseract

Crushed by Thanos
Dec 7, 2008
The Pentagon
of course a bunch of postmodern lunatic academics with pitiful samples think they can float the idea that children of double gender households can grow up normal

go visit clown world sometime and see how that's working out for us

and having children is absolutely a must for most people, especially women (most grow cold and bitter if they don't have a kid by 40)

Last edited:

OptimusApex

Jul 16, 2017
postmodern lunatic academics with pitiful samples think they can float the idea that children of double gender households can grow up normal
Yeah those studies dating back to 1983 sure came in at a time when everyone was jumping on that postmodern academia to justify LGBT parenthood

:rolleyes:

go visit clown world sometime and see how that's working out for us
Go visit a toxic thread where people post obscure articles as justification to condemn a large group of people.

Tesseract

Crushed by Thanos
Dec 7, 2008
The Pentagon
Yeah those studies dating back to 1983 sure came in at a time when everyone was jumping on that postmodern academia to justify LGBT parenthood

:rolleyes:

Go visit a toxic thread where people post obscure articles as justification to condemn a large group of people.
haha you think that shit started in 1983

Last edited:

OptimusApex

Jul 16, 2017
haha you think that shit started in 1983

The studies I posted date back to 1983 me thinking that was when they started can’t be determined from that post. Try not to assume much, it’s not a good look.

OptimusApex

Jul 16, 2017
bruh we're talking about deconstruction
I find is funny you call the hundreds of studies that say LGBT parents raise their kids just fine are conducted by lunatics but offer zero counter argument.

Please do tell us what you actually believe?

Tesseract

Crushed by Thanos
Dec 7, 2008
The Pentagon
Cool, but science does not agree with you on that uneducated opinion.
economic prospects are lower, home ownership significantly lower (of same sex households)

cursory glance of studies through wiki portal: child development studies of these households are pretty unreliable

don't have to look that deep into the abyss to see it's not working out tho, studies of lesbian households for example show most ending in divorce

Last edited:

OptimusApex

Jul 16, 2017
economic prospects are lower, home ownership significantly lower (of same sex households)
Without looking into this. Can you not also make the same claims about poor people?

Do you hold the same attitude towards people on benefits or welfare that have children? If so then I doubt your issue is founded in the sexual orientation of the parents and rather their financial stability.

Tesseract

Crushed by Thanos
Dec 7, 2008
The Pentagon
Without looking into this. Can you not also make the same claims about poor people?

Do you hold the same attitude towards people on benefits or welfare that have children? If so then I doubt your issue is founded in the sexual orientation of the parents and rather their financial stability.
you cannot discount the divorce rates

i'd like to see some studies on the ideological imprinting of these households, gut feeling is we're scratching on some honklery

Last edited:

OptimusApex

Jul 16, 2017
you cannot discount the divorce rates

i'd like to see some studies on the ideological imprinting of these households, gut feeling is we're scratching on some honklery
How do you think adoption happens? Do you think people turn up at an Orphanage and pick a child up on a whim?

Or should we take the more logical approach and understand that adoption is a lengthy process in which couples need to meet a financial and emotional criteria. Science again and research does not sit in your favour.

Using your logic over represented minority in statistics should face discrimination because they fall above the average.

Plus you seemed to have skipped answering my question about children raised by poor parents. Maybe a sign that your argument is build on faulty and flawed logic.

Last edited:

Tesseract

Crushed by Thanos
Dec 7, 2008
The Pentagon
every person i know raised without a father (figure) is a total emotional heap in some way or another

there's no way growing up in these environments doesn't break your brain

Reactions: Jonirenicus

Tesseract

Crushed by Thanos
Dec 7, 2008
The Pentagon
How do you think adoption happens? Do you think people turn up at an Orphanage and pick a child up on a whim?

Or should we take the more logical approach and understand that adoption is a lengthy process in which couples need to meet a financial and emotional criteria. Science again and research does not sit in your favour.

Using your logic over represented minority in statistics should face discrimination because they fall above the average.

Plus you seemed to have skipped answering my question about children raised by poor parents. Maybe a sign that your argument is build on faulty and flawed logic.
i know how adoption happens, there's plenty of ways to cover the expenses and most cases you have to file above the poverty line after tax credits

as for whatever muh logics yer trying to break here, what about poor parents? it's their children, not adoption.

try to ya know stay on top you silly goose

OptimusApex

Jul 16, 2017
i know how adoption happens, there's plenty of ways to cover the expenses and most cases you have to file above the poverty line after tax credits

as for whatever muh logics yer trying to break here, what about poor parents? it's their children, not adoption.

try to ya know stay on top you silly goose
Ah look at that draw back, you make a note to mention that LGBT people earn less but at the same time agree that they must be meeting the financial criteria to be able to adopt. You’ve pretty much nutted over your own argument here bob.

Another crawl back here. Your trying to associate household income with child rearing but it apparently only matters when LGBT couples are involved to you.

every person i know
Try not to start a conversation with this unless you want it to be seen as anecdotal

Reactions: crowbrow

Tesseract

Crushed by Thanos
Dec 7, 2008
The Pentagon
Ah look at that draw back, you make a note to mention that LGBT people earn less but at the same time agree that they must be meeting the financial criteria to be able to adopt. You’ve pretty much nutted over your own argument here bob.

Another crawl back here. Your trying to associate household income with child rearing but it apparently only matters when LGBT couples are involved to you.

Try not to start a conversation with this unless you want it to be seen as anecdotal
your attention span is atrocious

all you are doing here is misdirecting or interpreting everything, not sure if it's deliberate or not

and yes i made an anecdote, we use those sometimes in the real world, but i wouldn't have said it if the literature on single mothers wasn't abundantly clear

i am done with you

Last edited:

OptimusApex

Jul 16, 2017
your attention span is atrocious

all you are doing here is misdirecting or interpreting everything, not sure if it's deliberate or not

and yes i made an anecdote, we use those sometimes in the real world, but i wouldn't have said it if the literature on single mothers wasn't abundantly clear

i am done with you

Nice chat, Bye

TheContact

Jan 22, 2016

cursory glance of studies through wiki portal: child development studies of these households are pretty unreliable

don't have to look that deep into the abyss to see it's not working out tho, studies of lesbian households for example show most ending in divorce
75 studies were done about the effects of gay parents raising children. Out of those 75, 4 of them determined that children suffered more under gay parents. 4. Out of 75. You are entitled to your own opinion as to what you think or idealize the perfect family to be, but your opinions contract the evidence that states otherwise. This type of thinking reminds me of people who say climate change isn’t real and it’s a conspiracy by scientists because their cognitive dissonance is so overwhelming they can’t even see the facts right in front of them.

TheContact

Jan 22, 2016
Any children who grows up without a strong father figure, it's going to be emotionally flawed.

Doesn't matter if they have a good life.
even if that were true, you must think all gay men are flamboyant and effeminate.

DunDunDunpachi

Patient MembeR
Apr 18, 2018
USA
dunpachi.com
LGBTQ+ does not equal two gay fathers. Anyone pretending that gay men are leading the interests of that movement are either stupid or they're intentionally spreading propaganda.

We're talking about a movement pushing hormone therapy via Planned Parenthood.

The hat trick is to continue pushing those things and then to say "whaaaat? Are you saying two loving gay parents can't be good parents?" as a deflection to make the critics feel bad about themselves. That has been the trick for this movement pretty much since the beginning.

Sorry, but the success or failure of gay parents is a distinct issue from Drag Queen Library Pedo Hour and indoctrinated gender-changes.

Thaedolus

Jun 9, 2004
every person i know raised without a father (figure) is a total emotional heap in some way or another

there's no way growing up in these environments doesn't break your brain

Are yo my showing us exhibit A of someone with a broken brain due to daddy issues? If so I’m finding your line of reasoning more compelling than before

May 22, 2018
nah it is you who is archaic and out of touch

most women who don't have kids will end up hateful, miserable, resentful
That is not even remotely true. Women don't need to have kids to be happy and they don't need kids to be considered successful. To even try and pretend that is the case is absolutely ridiculous.

That kind of backwards ass rhetoric is only like 1 step removed from "women need to be at home in the kitchen" levels of sexism.

RedVIper

Jun 13, 2017
Great, you find all the traditional families to place these children with. In the mean time let people who want the kids and will take care if them fucking adopt them. Same sex parents are better than foster agencies and orphanages
There isn't a lack of parents wanting to adopt babies.

Kids stuck in foster care and orphanages are there because people don't want to adopt 10 year olds, unless you believe same sex couples have a soft spot for older kids I don't think this issue would be solved.

That said I have nothing against same sex couples adopting a kid, but if a religious agencie doesn't want to deal with them then fine, there non religious adopting agencies.

May 22, 2018
There isn't a lack of parents wanting to adopt babies.

Kids stuck in foster care and orphanages are there because people don't want to adopt 10 year olds, unless you believe same sex couples have a soft spot for older kids I don't think this issue would be solved.

That said I have nothing against same sex couples adopting a kid, but if a religious agencie doesn't want to deal with them then fine, there non religious adopting agencies.
I think the problem that people have with that is that these religious agencies shouldn't be placing their own beliefs above the health and well being of the children who are placed in their care. The agencies should be concerned about finding parents for their kids and that's it. Religious dogma and the prejudice that comes with it should not factor in at all in any way whatsoever.

King of Foxes

Jan 9, 2018
Latvia
That is not even remotely true. Women don't need to have kids to be happy and they don't need kids to be considered successful. To even try and pretend that is the case is absolutely ridiculous.

That kind of backwards ass rhetoric is only like 1 step removed from "women need to be at home in the kitchen" levels of sexism.
An old person in a retirement home with no kids or family to visit them is utterly pathetic.

Imagine thats you, 85 just sitting there watching tv, no one comes to visit you and what do you have to show for it?

Not having a family is failing at life.

Fuck i have two kids of my own plus we are raising my wifes brothers kids, so four under 5 in total.

If you are over 30 and have no kids yes you are failing at life.

Afro Republican

GAF>INTERNET>GAF, BITCHES
Aug 24, 2016
75 studies were done about the effects of gay parents raising children. Out of those 75, 4 of them determined that children suffered more under gay parents. 4. Out of 75. You are entitled to your own opinion as to what you think or idealize the perfect family to be, but your opinions contract the evidence that states otherwise. This type of thinking reminds me of people who say climate change isn’t real and it’s a conspiracy by scientists because their cognitive dissonance is so overwhelming they can’t even see the facts right in front of them.
Did you know that more than 75 studies were done?

Of course not, because you and Africaking have no interest in not only researching the opposition, but even research by allies that say "inconclusive".

You nitpick links based on one page and act like that's all the studies, then don't even check the sources yourself because some of those wiki links don't even work or have false sources.

If you take that stick out your ass and reduce your bias, you can find many things in a few minutes of searching.

Not to mention gay men don't represent all the LGBT, but nitpicking is what you've all been doing so no surprise there.

DunDunDunpachi

Patient MembeR
Apr 18, 2018
USA
dunpachi.com
I think the problem that people have with that is that these religious agencies shouldn't be placing their own beliefs above the health and well being of the children who are placed in their care. The agencies should be concerned about finding parents for their kids and that's it. Religious dogma and the prejudice that comes with it should not factor in at all in any way whatsoever.
The agencies do not believe homosexual families are in the best interests of the children's health and well being.

You are simply asking "but why don't these religious agencies go against their beliefs and adhere to secular opinion?" and the answer should be obvious.

crowbrow

Feb 28, 2019
If these agencies are receiving tax-payer money they shouldn't be able to deny anyone based on any type of beliefs. Everyone pays taxes so everyone should receive the same service. If they were private agencies then that's another story but then be prepared for LGBT agencies to refuse to adopt children to white straight couples if they feel like it 🤷‍♂️ .

Last edited:
  • LOL
Reactions: DunDunDunpachi

King of Foxes

Jan 9, 2018
Latvia
If these agencies are receiving tax-payer money they shouldn't be able to deny anyone based on any type of beliefs. Everyone pays taxes so everyone should receive the same service. If they were private agencies then that's another story but then be prepared for LGBT agencies to refuse to adopt children to white straight couples if they feel like it 🤷‍♂️ .
Those pesky fucking straight white people...am i rite?

www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-5087453/amp/Cairns-gay-couple-Mark-Newton-Peter-Truong.html

No man, regardless of how lispy or feminine he is, can replace a loving mother.

Last edited:

DunDunDunpachi

Patient MembeR
Apr 18, 2018
USA
dunpachi.com
"You know what's awful? Agencies using their beliefs as an excuse to deny people. You know what we should do? Make up our own special rules to rub it in their faces"

Bigbrain comments on GAF today.