Trump and Acosta go toe to toe

This is so stupid. The WH had a clear case that Acosta was being unprofessional by refusing to sit down and stop asking questions about about the 5th or 6th one. Instead of using that, and Acosta’s lost history of acting like this during Trump press conferences, they decide on the assault reasoning, which doesn’t hold up with clear video of the event, just like the inauguration crowd stuff.

I really don’t understand it.

Who are these people saying it was doctored? You can look at the raw CNN and CSPAN footage and it shows the same thing.
Feeble-minded democratic Partisans who are basically incapable of acknowledging Jim Acosta was out of order because 'Orange Man Bad' is the only narrative their minds can handle. If the shoe was on the other foot and it was Trump refusing to give up the mic, you can bet their bottom dollar we'd be looking at thread full of 'look he tried to grab her pussy' style comments and demanding a full FBI investigation, histrionic impeachment demands and the storming of the white house.

But then again these are the same people who were more than happy to see Kavanaugh thrown under the bus on the basis of a flimsy accusation of sexual misconduct from 36 years ago with zero confirmation by anyone who the accuser cited as a witness, purely on the basis of 'Oranga man candidate must be bad'

Still when you've supposed fact-checkers like Snopes throwing up articles like this: -

https://www.snopes.com/news/2018/11...or-sharing-infowars-video-to-attack-reporter/

With this kind of absurdist sign off: -

The issue with the White House’s relationship with the press arose during increasingly perilous times for journalists. CNN, along with a number of prominent Democrats and billionaire philanthropist George Soros, was targeted with mailed pipe bombs in late October 2018. Meanwhile, Saudi journalist and Virginia-based Washington Post contributor Jamal Khashoggi was murdered inside the Saudi consulate in Turkey. The Turkish government has accused the Saudi Arabian government of killing Khashoggi and dissolving his body in acid, while President Trump has been charged with using incendiary rhetoric that could encourage such attacks on other journalists
Is it any wonder that these simpletons can't see the wood for the trees in terms of some sense of impartiality on these matters. No amount of 'doctored footage' narrative spin changes the simple fact that Acosta repeatedly refused to give up the mic when asked and obstructed the intern.

Is it any wonder that these simpletons can't see the wood for the trees in terms of some sense of impartiality on these matters. No amount of 'doctored footage' narrative spin changes the simple fact that Acosta repeatedly refused to give up the mic when asked and obstructed the intern.
Then they should say the reason for ban is his refusal to give up the microfone instead of doctoring the video to make it look worse. It's not a narrative when there's video evidence of it. Absolute clown show.

I remember when those affected by post-election shock in the news rooms were claiming Trump would throw out so many lies it would become difficult to separate them from the truth and democracy would suffer. Yet here we are, after two years of relentless hyperbole and ridiculous narratives, watching the media give us two virtually identical videos, side by side, and tell us one is doctored, somehow conveying an altogether different story from the other. Was the media just projecting their intentions from the very beginning?

Then they should say the reason for ban is his refusal to give up the microfone instead of doctoring the video to make it look worse. It's not a narrative when there's video evidence of it. Absolute clown show.
The video wasn't doctored. Maybe it doesn't rise to the level of assault, but Acosta is an unhinged prima donna. I would never give his credentials back.

The video wasn't doctored. Maybe it doesn't rise to the level of assault, but Acosta is an unhinged prima donna. I would never give his credentials back.
Selectively changing the speed and thus impact of actions in a video to retroactively fit a blatant lie about assault is not "doctoring" it? Man, Trump has conditioned people like you well.

Selectively changing the speed and thus impact of actions in a video to retroactively fit a blatant lie about assault is not "doctoring" it? Man, Trump has conditioned people like you well.
Meh it was a cis white male and he oppressed a minority by not just listening and believing her when she told him time was up.

He decided to dispute it, and even went so far as to mansplain his rights. All while nudging her off and ignoring her.

This is unacceptable.

He needs to be harassed and ridiculed for the rest of his life. So get him at the restaurants, get him at his work and then go to his house.

He will learn eventually.

/s

#believewomenalways.

Right?

Last edited:
Ah yes, because CNN is the Beacon of Integrity, looked at a Don Lemon Compilation lately?
The fact that they keep grandstanding, narcissistic Morons like Acosta around should you tell everything about them.

You'd get fired for accidentally touching your arm against the arm of a woman, with minimal force behind it, while she was reaching over you and trying to grab something out of your hand? Where do you work?
Please stop victim blaming.

The poor girl was just doing her job and trying to pass the microphone (which belonged to the White House, not Jim) to the next person.

Framing it as if Jim is the victim here is just wrong and you know it.

If we reverse the scenario and Jim was on Team Red you know full well you'd be calling for his head over this.

Haha this is brilliant, being shown two videos virtually the same, in both of which you can see him touch and push her arm down, in both he looks like a petulant child not willing to share his toy when the time was up and most damningly in both you can see a privileged white cis male stopping a young female from doing her job. All of this is then used a "proof" of a doctored video posted by the white house, when we have plenty of video editors saying the differences are most likely due to compression etc. And you people wander why people call CNN and the like fake news.

Jim Acosta is a prick and should have been denied access a long time ago.

Last edited:
Please stop victim blaming.

The poor girl was just doing her job and trying to pass the microphone (which belonged to the White House, not Jim) to the next person.

Framing it as if Jim is the victim here is just wrong and you know it.

If we reverse the scenario and Jim was on Team Red you know full well you'd be calling for his head over this.
It's not victim blaming because there's no victim here to blame lol. Their arms lightly brushed against each other, due to him lowering his arm at the moment she reached across him. She's no more a victim than a person on a bus getting nudged by another person standing near them.

It's not victim blaming because there's no victim here to blame lol. Their arms lightly brushed against each other, due to him lowering his arm at the moment she reached across him. She's no more a victim than a person on a bus getting nudged by another person standing near them.
I don’t have a dog in this “assault” fight, but Acosta’s action was intentional whereas a person getting “nudged” on a bus as you are saying would be an unintentional action.

Poor example.

I don’t have a dog in this “assault” fight, but Acosta’s action was intentional whereas a person getting “nudged” on a bus as you are saying would be an unintentional action.

Poor example.
Lowering his arm was intentional, yes. Making light physical contact with the woman arguably wasn’t since he wasn’t even looking at her. Like if someone isn’t warching where they’re going and accidentally steps on someone else’s toe, is that assault now too?

Lowering his arm was intentional, yes. Making light physical contact with the woman arguably wasn’t since he wasn’t even looking at her. Like if someone isn’t warching where they’re going and accidentally steps on someone else’s toe, is that assault now too?
I don’t think it’s assault personally, but what you have to realise is most people saying it is assault are doing so under the proviso that staring at a woman for more than 5 seconds is assault. That kind of ridiculous bullshit has been rammed down their throat for the last 5 or so years and they are responding in kind and in mockery.

And I don’t blame them.

i_am_ben

running_here_and_there
Re: ickythingz

The decision was made to give this user another chance, but in no uncertain terms if we see anything like that again from that user they’re gone. And if that kind of talk becomes commonplace amongst other users, the mod actions will be much stronger and faster.

People can say some really dumb stuff sometimes when they're emotional, and hopefully that was just an example of someone losing their head for a minute and not someone who’s trying to mobilize the lynching of a media figure.

If you ever see anything like that posted, please just report it and we'll make sure to review and act.
Just FYI. This would be the second time mods have given him another chance after advocating people should be killed.

This is a parody thread right? No way people, even Trump cultists, think this is assault....right? Please don't just believe everything that come's out of the Trump administration's mouth without any forethought or analysis like an......NPC?

Last edited:
Nothing made up, but if you don't want to believe things other people say just because it doesn't fit your agenda/narrative, then so be it.
I don’t actually have a narrative, I just know you’re making stuff up to push yours. You know you’re not being honest when you say you’d be fired for briefly touching a co workers arm accidentally in a non-threatening, non-sexual manner.

I don’t actually have a narrative, I just know you’re making stuff up to push yours. You know you’re not being honest when you say you’d be fired for briefly touching a co workers arm accidentally in a non-threatening, non-sexual manner.
Not making anything up. I'd refer to Scopa's post above. Men have been fired/threatened with firing for similar incidents and I take great care not to do anything remotely like that at places of employment for the off chance it's construed of something untoward and would lead to me being written up/fired. It's just the way the current climate is in the US.

You perceive what Acosta did as non-threatening. This has nothing to do with sexual manners, it's the threatening part. Many women if they already didn't like you at work, and you did that to them, could perceive it as threatening and complain against you and it could end badly. It's the way things are these days.

And I am being honest, so don't try and tell me what I do or don't believe.

Not making anything up. I'd refer to Scopa's post above. Men have been fired/threatened with firing for similar incidents and I take great care not to do anything remotely like that at places of employment for the off chance it's construed of something untoward and would lead to me being written up/fired. It's just the way the current climate is in the US.

You perceive what Acosta did as non-threatening. This has nothing to do with sexual manners, it's the threatening part. Many women if they already didn't like you at work, and you did that to them, could perceive it as threatening and complain against you and it could end badly. It's the way things are these days.

And I am being honest, so don't try and tell me what I do or don't believe.
I will because you know you're talking nonsense. You don't work for a company that would fire you for accidentally touching a coworkers arm in a non-threatning and non-sexual manner. You first post was "If I did that I'd be fired". No you wouldn't. You're being ridiculous if you honestly believe that in the entire history of your company, no one has ever accidentally touched another co worker innocently without being fired.

I will because you know you're talking nonsense. You don't work for a company that would fire you for accidentally touching a coworkers arm in a non-threatning and non-sexual manner. You first post was "If I did that I'd be fired". No you wouldn't. You're being ridiculous if you honestly believe that in the entire history of your company, no one has ever accidentally touched another co worker innocently without being fired.
Lol. "I will tell you what to think/say, because I am the authority on all things!" Sorry to inform you, but you're not.

Sure, some people have even given back rubs and not been fired, others have done similar things to Acosta and been fired. It all depends on the situation at hand. It's not an absolute either way. Your line states specifically that "if I believe in the entire history of my company no one has accidently touched someone and been fired" Sure, it's happened and nothing has happened, and then it's happened and something has happened. Written up/fired/etc.

I wish I was being ridiculous. What's more ridiculous is the HR department situation in the US these days, now that's ridiculous. Don't blame me, blame the HR departments of the US.

The only one talking nonsense is you, arguing as if you're the authoritative position on all things touching at US businesses. Now that, is nonsense.

Lol. "I will tell you what to think/say, because I am the authority on all things!" Sorry to inform you, but you're not.

Sure, some people have even given back rubs and not been fired, others have done similar things to Acosta and been fired. It all depends on the situation at hand. It's not an absolute either way. Your line states specifically that "if I believe in the entire history of my company no one has accidently touched someone and been fired" Sure, it's happened and nothing has happened, and then it's happened and something has happened. Written up/fired/etc.

I wish I was being ridiculous. What's more ridiculous is the HR department situation in the US these days, now that's ridiculous. Don't blame me, blame the HR departments of the US.

The only one talking nonsense is you, arguing as if you're the authoritative position on all things touching at US businesses. Now that, is nonsense.
Nah, it's not. I'll happily call you out on your nonsense. You know you wouldn't get fired for that, you're just saying that you would to push your agenda. Like, can you even give one example of someone being fired for accidentally touching a co-workers arm in a non-threatening and non-sexual manner? I assume you can because you've said it's happened.

Nah, it's not. I'll happily call you out on your nonsense. You know you wouldn't get fired for that, you're just saying that you would to push your agenda. Like, can you even give one example of someone being fired for accidentally touching a co-workers arm in a non-threatening and non-sexual manner? I assume you can because you've said it's happened.
Like I said, pointless. This will just go around and around and around. If you haven't read news articles, heard stories, or seen it yourself, there's no point trying to argue with you. Your types always want someone else to do the work for them.

And I have no agenda at all, might be hard to believe.

I also like how you framed the question "can you even give one example of someone being fired for accidentally touching a co-workers arm in a non-threatening and non-sexual manner? "

You're assuming the HR department and person who was touched that way would see it that way.

But we're done. Like I originally stated, this is pointless to argue with people like you. It gets nowhere, and is a waste of energy.

Like I said, pointless. This will just go around and around and around. If you haven't read news articles, heard stories, or seen it yourself, there's no point trying to argue with you. Your types always want someone else to do the work for them.

And I have no agenda at all, might be hard to believe.

I also like how you framed the question "can you even give one example of someone being fired for accidentally touching a co-workers arm in a non-threatening and non-sexual manner? "

You're assuming the HR department and person who was touched that way would see it that way.

But we're done. Like I originally stated, this is pointless to argue with people like you. It gets nowhere, and is a waste of energy.
If you can't prove that it's happened then don't try and pretend like it has lol. You literally said it had happened, I asked for one example and you can't provide it.

I framed the question that way because that's what happened in the video, the one you responded to saying "I'd be fired it I did that at work".

If you can't prove that it's happened then don't try and pretend like it has lol. You literally said it had happened, I asked for one example and you can't provide it.

I framed the question that way because that's what happened in the video, the one you responded to saying "I'd be fired it I did that at work".
Not going to provide it, not to you. You don't deserve it.

Now if you'll excuse me, I have to go to work at Jethro's U-Pull-It where I can crush Prius' all day.

Now if you'll excuse me, I have to go to work at Jethro's U-Pull-It where I can crush Prius' all day.

"You don't deserve it". Weird way of saying "I can't because it's never happened".

This is a parody thread right? No way people, even Trump cultists, think this is assault....right? Please don't just believe everything that come's out of the Trump administration's mouth without any forethought or analysis like an......NPC?
Its a parody of the Left and how they would call Rape if it was Trump who touched a Woman that way.

I don't think the punishment fits the crime. The job of the press is to challenge the establishment and ask hard questions. Neither party acted properly (trump v press and vice versa}, so a warning or parole not barring, what about (in before) free speech.

The NPC thing has to be the most obvious projection I've seen from the right in a while and that's saying something.
I am a liberal and I also use the NPC meme. It isn't a right meme only, nor was it created by the right. It can be used for both far right/far left folk as well.

Were you trying to do a "gotcha" thing, but failed? Feels like that was the case.

I am a liberal and I also use the NPC meme. It isn't a right meme only, nor was it created by the right. It can be used for both far right/far left folk as well.

Were you trying to do a "gotcha" thing, but failed? Feels like that was the case.
Wasn't it created or at least adopted by a large part of the right (on the internet at least)? I've seen the left use it here and there but not as much.

Wasn't really a gotcha but mostly just an observation. It's silly because let's be real; both sides have talking points they fall back on frequently.

https://www.apnews.com/c575bd1cc3b1456cb3057ef670c7fe2a

Earlier, Shapiro noticed that frames in the tweeted video were frozen to slow down the action, allowing it to run the same length as the AP one.

The tweeted video also does not have any audio, which Shapiro said would make it easier to alter. It’s also unlikely the differences could be explained by technical glitches or by video compression — a reduction in a video’s size to enable it to play more smoothly on some sites — because the slowing of the video and the acceleration that followed are “too precise to be an accident,” said Shapiro, who trains instructors to use video editing software.
The White House News Photographers Association decried the sharing of the footage.

“As visual journalists, we know that manipulating images is manipulating truth,” said Whitney Shefte, the association’s president. “It’s deceptive, dangerous and unethical. Knowingly sharing manipulated images is equally problematic, particularly when the person sharing them is a representative of our country’s highest office with vast influence over public opinion.”
Fake news from Whitehouse and a president who praises body slamming of journalists.

It's getting tiresome.

Last edited: