• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Trump, at war with everyone, mocks McCain, McConnell

Viewt

via the ever-popular Axios

In private, President Trump has taken to physically mocking M&M: Senate Majority Leader Mitch McConnell (slumped shoulders; lethargic body language) and Sen. John McCain (imitating the thumbs-down of his historic health-care vote).

Trump is venting about his frustration with what he considers failed leadership by Senate Republicans as he takes his lumps this week in wars with, well, everyone:

Steve Bannon beat him last night in the Alabama Senate primary, with the Breitbart-favored candidate thumping Trump's man by 10 points.

Moderate Republicans killed the repeal of the Affordable Care Act — again.

NFL players lock arms in opposition to him. And Firehouse Strategies, a GOP firm, concludes from new polling: "[V]oters overwhelmingly (64%) say that the President should focus on other issues."

He's getting pounded in social and conventional media for a slow, cold response to the humanitarian tragedy in Puerto Rico, a U.S. territory.

Bob Mueller is tightening the screws on Trump's staff, and is now getting data from the IRS about "key Trump campaign officials."

"Rocket Man" government says Trump has declared war on North Korea. WashPost: "North Korean government officials have been quietly trying to arrange talks with Republican-linked analysts in Washington, in an apparent attempt to make sense of President Trump."

I expect his behavior will continue to become more and more erratic as he's left feeling more and more on the defensive. He's too vain and thin-skinned to take this kind of assault for much longer.

Sephzilla

I have to imagine at some point he's going to mock the GOP too much and they're finally going to crack back and tell him to shut his mouth otherwise they're going to boot him

Flo_Evans

I feel real bad hoping he has a stroke. My father was permanently disabled and brain damaged by a stroke. But I hope he has a stroke.

facelike

The more he loses it the more I worry about him trying to start a war trying to save his skin. I just hope the people we have in the military can just say, nah bro, we ain't doing that.

Sephzilla

He's got something in his craw the last several days, what is going on?

The IRS is apparently giving Mueller tax information and may have given Mueller Trump's tax information. White House interviews by the Mueller team are taking place this week I think. And, for all we know, Trump might have gotten wind of another news bombshell incoming.

Almost every single time Trump has gone Twitter crazy it's to smokescreen an incoming wombo combo from the press.

Ekai

Burn this fucking man and every single last Republican to the ground. I want them to all fail and be outsed. Let them fight. Let this idiot and the Republicans as a whole crumble to the ground forever. Never give these subhuman shits power again.

legacyzero

Banned
giphy-downsized-large.gif

Time for Pelosi and Schumer to slide in Trump's DMs again

WashPost: "North Korean government officials have been quietly trying to arrange talks with Republican-linked analysts in Washington, in an apparent attempt to make sense of President Trump."

I almost kinda feel for NK officials. They are used to dealing with a shitty man baby at their end but they could count on sanity and maturity at the other end before this.

Now the poor bastards have to juggle two crazy fucks at both sides. Smallest fuck up and they and their entire family will end up at a concentration camp or something. That is NOT a job I would want for all the money in the world.

Window

I don't see why people believe there's any pattern or rationality to Trump's behaviour and use his outbursts to speculate on the next big 'news drop'. It's Trump, the man has no rhyme or reason for his ramblings.

Trump vs the world

What's funny is Trump probably thinks everyone will forget all of this if he's gone from office, lol we ain't forgetting shit

Ekai

I don't see why people believe there's any pattern or rationality to Drumpf's behaviour and use his outbursts to speculate on the next big 'news drop'. It's Drumpf, the man has no rhyme or reason for his ramblings.

He does tend to try to smokescreen some big news that fucks his image over with his ranting antics/rallies/etc.

"Rocket Man" government says Trump has declared war on North Korea. WashPost: "North Korean government officials have been quietly trying to arrange talks with Republican-linked analysts in Washington, in an apparent attempt to make sense of President Trump."
North Korea had no idea who they were messing with lol. Next time try not to irritate a baby with nuclear codes at his fingertips.

I wonder if the people screaming at black NFL players for disrespecting tbr flag/vets will scream at Trump for physically mocking a POW or nah?

Zolo

His ego won't let him. He's fucking miserable but he's holding on for dear life.

Not to mention the presidency is the main thing protecting him now. Hell, he could still be charged with state crimes that go into effect once he leaves office.

I wonder if the people screaming at black NFL players for disrespecting tbr flag/vets will scream at Trump for physically mocking a POW or nah?

Nah. They don't actually care about vets.

He literally disrespected a vet and his family last year.
He already mocked McCain before.
The people screaming at black NFL players( and their allies as it's important to note that there are some white NFL players who knelt with them ) are mostly racists and mad because they feel their privilege and world view being threatened.

Ekai

I wonder if the people screaming at black NFL players for disrespecting tbr flag/vets will scream at Drumpf for physically mocking a POW or nah?

The thing is, none of these people care about the military or vets in the first place. Just look at how little they do for vets/actively do to harm them. It's just a way for them to scream at people for "not being American". They use it to try to change the narrative and trick idiots into ignoring the real issue. Nothing more, nothing less.

Toth

So he's back to the 'virtually no president has done what I have done in 9 months'. What has he done again????

Respect

Not soon enough. What is he waiting for? I really don't think he cares what his 34% thinks about him. He can just go back to playing golf all day and bankrupting companies like he was before.

He won't quit, he'll go kicking and screaming fake news the whole way riling up the pieces of shit that will still vehemently defend him.

Ekai

So he's back to the 'virtually no president has done what I have done in 9 months'. What has he done again????

Embarrassed us on an international level and fucking nothing besides leaving numerous positions unfulfilled.

WashPost: "North Korean government officials have been quietly trying to arrange talks with Republican-linked analysts in Washington, in an apparent attempt to make sense of President Trump."

That's just it- you can't make sense out of crazy. If you could, it wouldn't be crazy.

Nance and Chucky Shoes are the only ones who he's actually been successful at working with which is hilarious. And he actually got the positive attention he desperately craves.

psyfi

Banned
I want to challenge the use of "moderate Republicans" in this article. Please don't normalize the republican death cult, not even a little. They're all out to kill, control, and exploit us. Many democrats, too.

TheContact

Can only pray for a heart attack. He’s obese and the stress is going to do him in, hopefully soon. Not necessarily wishing he dies but that he becomes unfit for office physically.

iammeiam

He just failed (again) to "repeal and replace" Obamacare. That was one of his core campaign promises.

He also picked up some losses over the past week that seem to aim right at his insecurities. First the football owners--who'd given him money!--start standing by their players in defiance of his calls for retribution, and then yesterday the Republicans he went and rallied for on Friday proceeded to ignore him and not pick his guy.

He lost in politics, he lost in having influence over wealthy guys, and common Republicans went against his wishes yesterday. Not a lot of ego stroking to be had for him.

Top Bottom