• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.
  • Hey Guest. Check out the NeoGAF 2.2 Update Thread for details on our new Giphy integration and other new features.

Trump calls on Americans, Big Tech to help ensure peaceful transition: 'NO violence'

Kreen101

Sep 4, 2019
This is not an isolated incident either. This is the way he has conducted his Presidency since the start. Its been 4 years and I am still waiting to see the Republican Healthcare plan to replace the ACA. I am still waiting to see the receipts for Mexico paying for the wall. Wasn't he going to Lock Up Hillary? All of these things have been part of his stump speech for well over 4 years now and none of them have come to pass, but hey they play to the crowd right? Just like "stop the steal".
Yes, but I would say that that is the part of his presidency where he has been like other presidents and politicians. To promise the moon and not deliver is a classic of politics. It could be argued that, compared to most politicians, he has actually delivered on most of his promises, including those that most commentators assumed he would jettison as soon as he got elected.

highrider

Dec 18, 2010
washington d.c.
Did I sleep through history class or something? The Confederacy lost, and on top of that they represent a pretty dark fucking chapter of our History. Teach it, showcase them in a museum, but don't idolize traitors of our Republic which is what monuments and statues are.

And you’ve appointed your the arbiter of that, nice 👍

Last edited:

Cycom

Banned
Mar 5, 2020
Los Angeles, Commiefornia
Did I sleep through history class or something? The Confederacy lost, and on top of that they represent a pretty dark fucking chapter of our History. Teach it, showcase them in a museum, but don't idolize traitors of our Republic which is what monuments and statues are.
Picard Facepalm GIF by MOODMAN

Reactions: Dacon

BeardGawd

Dec 16, 2019
This is not an isolated incident either. This is the way he has conducted his Presidency since the start. Its been 4 years and I am still waiting to see the Republican Healthcare plan to replace the ACA. I am still waiting to see the receipts for Mexico paying for the wall. Wasn't he going to Lock Up Hillary? All of these things have been part of his stump speech for well over 4 years now and none of them have come to pass, but hey they play to the crowd right? Just like "stop the steal".
At least in regards to the wall I believe there's a plan to have Mexico pay by charging a small toll and taxing remittance at the border:

So we should essentially get it back but I'm sure Biden will put the brakes on the whole thing.

Cycom

Banned
Mar 5, 2020
Los Angeles, Commiefornia
For one, confederate leaders weren't even good at their jobs. How do we know? The confederacy doesn't exist anymore. Morons don't usually get statues. Secondly, most of the statues went up coinciding with a bunch of racists who wanted to intimidate minorities, specifically black people.
This reads like the arrogant, ignorant ravings of a child who just barely graduated high school and is trying out their newfound knowledge on an adult. To write something this embarrassing...gotta be a product of some awful public schooling.

Nov 26, 2020
yeah but is he still not going to the inauguration?

1. thats creepy, and gives more incentive for the people to do something in it of itself.

2. It implies that he still is perpetuating the voter fraud thing, and that he doesn't want to transfer.

it would be more powerful if he announced that he was going, if not...then wtf.