Trump: Democrats Now Own the Shutdown!

DeepEnigma

Gold Member
Dec 3, 2013
This is just him saying, "the ball is in your court, Dems".

After all, Dem votes were the ones needed to get it to the Senate.

Last edited:

EscapeArtist

Banned
Dec 18, 2014
Midwest
This is just him saying, "the ball is in your court, Dems".

After all, Dem votes were the ones needed to get it to the Senate.
Yeah, but he SAID he would take responsibility for the shutdown 10 days ago. Now it's the "Dems" that have to take responsibility 10 days after saying he would be the one who would be responsible? He's on tape saying it dude.

DeepEnigma

Gold Member
Dec 3, 2013
Yeah, but he SAID he would take responsibility for the shutdown 10 days ago. Now it's the "Dems" that have to take responsibility 10 days after saying he would be the one who would be responsible? He's on tape saying it dude.
He never said he would be responsible, he said he would be "proud to shut it down" if they failed to act. He still has the onus on them.

Dev1lXYZ

Sep 1, 2017
Ten days ago is a lifetime in Washington. Now the pressure is on the Dems to either pass the bill including the wall through the Senate-or not. Of course, there is always the 'nuclear option' that can be used in the Senate to push it through anyway.

Last edited:

DeepEnigma

Gold Member
Dec 3, 2013
Look up the video, I’m at work
I read the article which referenced his quotes. He still puts the blame on them, just said he would be "proud" if they did not get what they want, since they did the very same thing earlier in the year over immigration.

It's a neener neener game per usual in politics.

Barsinister

Gold Member
Jan 16, 2008
USA
Here's a little secret for you @EscapeArtist, President Trump does not care about who's to blame for the shutdown. But, he knows that the Dem's do after their meeting. It is a gambit. He does this all of the time. Learn to recognize patterns in behavior and stop with the axiom "Orange Man Bad". You will have fun watching President Trump work his magic if you look at him with an open mind.

You don't have to agree with everything he does, either. His patterns are like a ticking clock.

prag16

Jul 12, 2012
Nothing in his original stance indicates he wasn't blaming a would-be shutdown on Dems then too... His statements about taking the blame can probably be chalked up to political posturing more than anything else. You're splitting hairs.

Last edited:

DeepEnigma

Gold Member
Dec 3, 2013
And he played them right into the game, since they passed it to the Senate, which needed Dems in the House. Now they literally "own it", since they voted for it to pass. As @Barsinister has said, he has been doing this to the Dems for well over 2 years now, and they fall right into it every single time.

In short, he called their bluff, and now he is saying, "go ahead, call mine".

Last edited:

Zangiefy360

Aug 30, 2018
The problem with "Orange Man Bad" types is they take Trump literally, but not seriously.

Like usual, Trump is right. If the Democrats want to shut down the government over $5 billion then it's on them.

Last edited:

EscapeArtist

Banned
Dec 18, 2014
Midwest
And he played them right into the game, since they passed it to the Senate, which needed Dems in the House. Now they literally "own it", since they voted for it to pass. As @Barsinister has said, he has been doing this to the Dems for well over 2 years now, and they fall right into it every single time.

Whoa, where did those goal posts go?

Barsinister

Gold Member
Jan 16, 2008
USA
Have you ever in your life had to sell someone something? Whether it was a physical item or even an idea? Have you ever had to make a concession? Have you ever asked for more than you expected to get? Have you ever played a hand of poker? Do you live in a plastic bubble? Have you ever bragged about yourself to a potential employer, even in a humble way? Stop thinking in such a literal way. It is not good for your interactions with others.

DeepEnigma

Gold Member
Dec 3, 2013
Whoa, where did those goal posts go?
Call it what you want, I am not having a meltdown over every little thing Trump says or does, enough to create this topic. Like him or hate him, the dude is a master troll, yet he has been getting results he said he would in the process. Ironic to say the least.

Last edited:

DeafTourette

Apr 23, 2018
deaftourette.com
In both houses of Congress, there was STILL a republican majority... They didn't need any Democrats to push anything through...

But it's now the fault of the Democrats when they are (currently) still the minority?

Sub_Level

wants to fuck an Asian grill.
Apr 9, 2009

The problem with "Orange Man Bad" types is they take Trump literally, but not seriously.

Like usual, Trump is right. If the Democrats want to shut down the government over $5 billion then it's on them.
How is this the democrats fault? Republicans control both chambers of congress. If they can't get 60 votes in the senate then as @Dev1lXYZ pointed out the republicans can use the nuclear option. Where exactly do democrats fall into this equation?

Nobody_Important

Gold Member
May 22, 2018
Shutdown is on Trump. If he wants to throw a hissy fit over his ridiculous wall then that's on him. It's not the fault of the adults in the room that they refuse to give him money for his ridiculous campaign promise.

DeepEnigma

Gold Member
Dec 3, 2013
How is this the democrats fault? Republicans control both chambers of congress. If they can't get 60 votes in the senate then as @Dev1lXYZ pointed out the republicans can use the nuclear option. Where exactly do democrats fall into this equation?
I never said it was their fault, but in reality, it is everyone's fault. He called their bluff earlier in the year, so now he is setting them up to call his. He has been doing this since day 1 in the office (and his entire campaign prior), how is everyone not used to it by now?

Last edited:

Barsinister

Gold Member
Jan 16, 2008
USA
Shutdown is on Trump. If he wants to throw a hissy fit over his ridiculous wall then that's on him. It's not the fault of the adults in the room that they refuse to give him money for his ridiculous campaign promise.
Sometimes, you can be the epitome of "Swinging on a Star". I want to be your best friend.

12Goblins

Mar 1, 2017
yeah, the guy is full of shit, and the people eating it up, once again, is only his own base, completely devoid of critical thinking skills. Sad.

Their response: "Orange man bad". How ironic.

Last edited:

DietRob

i've been begging for over 5 years.
Dec 5, 2008
www.twitch.tv
It's pathetic that people will nod and agree with this nonsense. Even more pathetic people in this very thread.

If you are willing to buy this then you never ever get to say "Orange Man Bad" unironically to describe someone who is against Trump.

I need to make a list of people in here agreeing with POTUS on this so I know who to never take seriously again.

GOP STILL CONTROLS BOTH HOUSES OF CONGRESS. DONT BLAME DEMS BC YOUR PARTY CANT VOTE TOGETHER.

Last edited:

Madonis

Oct 21, 2018
Trump's own words are on tape. You can try to justify how he shifts the blame, but this is still the Trump shutdown.

HenkDV

Aug 11, 2018
If it takes Trump spelling it out you might wonder if it's really the case

Barsinister

Gold Member
Jan 16, 2008
USA
yeah, the guy is full of shit, and the people eating it up, once again, is only his own base, completely devoid of critical thinking skills. Sad.

Their response: "Orange man bad". How ironic.

I would consider myself, at least tangentially, a part of President Trump's base. You are now engaging directly, if you so happen to read this. I wrote more than "Orange Man Bad". I used it to suggest a certain mindset that I find when discussing political issues. And only then to set a frame of reference. My point was to have one try and see things from a different angle. President Trump is, at his core, a salesman. It doesn't matter what his product is, he will try to sell it. Let's agree that this is true, for the sake of argument.

Have you ever met a really good salesman? Even if you know he is trying to sell you something, he still comes off a genuine. Salesmen use what are called "gambits" in the art of selling. It is a chess term, I think. They put forth an opening and see the response. It is always about thinking two or three questions ahead. A guy once told me that you need to be able to overcome eight "NO's" in order to close a deal. If one move seems to be working, they press on. If it stalls, they switch tactics. There are terms for the various gambits that one can use. A good salesman can even make you think that it was your idea to buy what he is selling. I highly recommend you looking into the art of the deal. President Trump wrote a book with that title.

How's that for critical thinking?

Barsinister

Gold Member
Jan 16, 2008
USA
It's pathetic that people will nod and agree with this nonsense. Even more pathetic people in this very thread.

If you are willing to buy this then you never ever get to say "Orange Man Bad" unironically to describe someone who is against Trump.

I need to make a list of people in here agreeing with POTUS on this so I know who to never take seriously again.

GOP STILL CONTROLS BOTH HOUSES OF CONGRESS. DONT BLAME DEMS BC YOUR PARTY CANT VOTE TOGETHER.

"B" is pretty close to the front of the alphabet. I claim the top of the list. NOBODY WITH A NAME THAT COMES BEFORE MINE AGREE WITH PRESIDENT TRUMP!

Composer

Oct 2, 2015
We should just build a 2ft high wall. It'll at least trip people. The Tripper is what America needs.

Arkage

Gold Member
Sep 25, 2012
Presidents are always the ones primarily blamed for government shutdowns by the general populace, as you know, the buck stops with them. I think there's polling to back that up but I'm too lazy to find it.

The problem with "Orange Man Bad" types
God I'm tired of hearing the scripted dialogue of NPCs. :messenger_blowing_kiss:

Last edited:

danielberg

Jun 20, 2018
Everyone and their mother knows if it is shutdown its because of nothing else than border security/wall and dems not wanting it, so dems carry it either way in the mind of the average citizen no matter what was said by either side imo

HenkDV

Aug 11, 2018
Everyone and their mother knows if it is shutdown its because of nothing else than border security/wall and dems not wanting it, so dems carry it either way in the mind of the average citizen no matter what was said by either side imo
Not like it matters because the public has the memory of a goldfish.

DietRob

i've been begging for over 5 years.
Dec 5, 2008
www.twitch.tv
"B" is pretty close to the front of the alphabet. I claim the top of the list. NOBODY WITH A NAME THAT COMES BEFORE MINE AGREE WITH PRESIDENT TRUMP!
Cool? I guess. How does it feel being so willfully ignorant? Please explain to me how the fact that Republicans in a republican controlled House and Senate can't get the votes they need to pass the bill that their republican president will sign is somehow the fault of a Democrat.

Barsinister

Gold Member
Jan 16, 2008
USA
Cool? I guess. How does it feel being so willfully ignorant? Please explain to me how the fact that Republicans in a republican controlled House and Senate can't get the votes they need to pass the bill that their republican president will sign is somehow the fault of a Democrat.
Is this a trick question?

HenkDV

Aug 11, 2018