Trump derangement syndrome support group

Panda1

Jan 12, 2010
Go back to spamming "DRUMPF" on /r/politics
This is not helpful - we can do better by actually discussing his points and not making this a circle jerk like some people desperately want for some resaon

Panda1

Jan 12, 2010
No, you'd be surprised. I know someone who was banned there because he didn't like Trump and posted some questions asking people to explain their reasoning. The official reason he was banned? "Concern trolling."

The right learned a lot from the left on how to silence people who disagree with them, all the while congratulating themselves about how they stopped a bad person from having a platform.

Really though, the right is just learning new tricks. They invented the authoritarian playbook of censorship, and it's only lately that the left took that ball and ran with it.
I agree the donald is not a place for reasonable discussion - ts a meme and trolling subreddit. Thats like me saying I went to a KKK clan meeting to have a neuanced discussion on race. Thats not the place. Taking the most shitttest area then projecting that as the default for all Trump voters iis disingenuos at best.

Now by the right learning new tricks could this just be the voters who used to be left now following Trump, just using their own playbook but now for their new team?

LegendOfKage

Mar 6, 2018
I agree the donald is not a place for reasonable discussion - ts a meme and trolling subreddit. Thats like me saying I went to a KKK clan meeting to have a neuanced discussion on race. Thats not the place. Taking the most shitttest area then projecting that as the default for all Trump voters iis disingenuos at best.
That's fair.

Now by the right learning new tricks could this just be the voters who used to be left now following Trump, just using their own playbook but now for their new team?
But that just seems presumptuous.

(edit) I should also note that when I said "the right is doing this" I was specifically referring to The Donald sub-reddit. Same as when I said "the left does this," I'm only referring to people that accurately applies to. It's always best not to generalize.

Last edited:

Panda1

Jan 12, 2010
thats why i wrote 'could' also i dont beleive their is any left or right playbook - their is only realpolitic - do whatever you have to do to win.

The left or right give zero fucks about being honest or morally right - they just have to maintain their power at all costs. ITs not as if no one has the internet. If the left want to use any idea they can and the right too - no one is not going to do something to gain votes if they can.

Panda1

Jan 12, 2010
Guys I need help. I think Trump is fucking racist sexist idiot criminal. I heard this was the place to go if you need help!

The problem I have is that I've got all these facts and shit to back up what I'm saying...Oh Geez. What do I do!
Can you list which specific facts you are wanting to discuss? Cut and paste the exact ones you think are important.

chaos789

Banned
Nov 21, 2012
As everyone who spouts this runs out to the BigAg supplied dollar menus, bottomless shrimp, shops for BigAg supplied groceries at the store... while BigAg is one of the number one causes of climate change.
Eating the flesh of a cow, while petting your dog, and crying for Cecil.
#Speciesism 101.
Be honest with yourselves, it is not about the environment so much as it is about Trump doing something you can point the finger at.
ProTip: Both Sanders and Clinton have always voted for BigAg subsidiaries keeping that environmental destroying machine going. So they are every bit against the 'climate change' they peddle. ;)
And guess who mentioned cutting funding to BigAg in his primaries?
Trump did. ;)

chaos789

Banned
Nov 21, 2012
As everyone who spouts this runs out to the BigAg supplied dollar menus, bottomless shrimp, shops for BigAg supplied groceries at the store... while BigAg is one of the number one causes of climate change.
Eating the flesh of a cow, while petting your dog, and crying for Cecil.
#Speciesism 101.
Be honest with yourselves, it is not about the environment so much as it is about Trump doing something you can point the finger at.
ProTip: Both Sanders and Clinton have always voted for BigAg subsidiaries keeping that environmental destroying machine going. So they are every bit against the 'climate change' they peddle. ;)
And guess who mentioned cutting funding to BigAg in his primaries?
Trump did. ;)
Well, this post is served with a heaping amount of innuedo and bullshit. First off you do not know a god damn thing about me. I have spent a large part of my life being an environmental activist and that includes praticing what I preach. But please do go ahead and inform me on what you think you know about me and my lifestyle and what I do on a day to day basis. I do know one thing. If you gave a shit about the environment or global warming, you would not be supporting the most environmentally hostile presidential administration in history. I

Don't believe me? Get off this message board and do some reading.

Last edited:

chaos789

Banned
Nov 21, 2012
oh no I guess by the end of trump 2nd terms there wont be anymore animals on earth. Won't someone think of the * insert animal here*

yup a total russian stoooge. A real american would have already gotten us into a war with russia

:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:
Yeah, I get you do not give a shit about animals or the environment. Considering you are part of the environment, you might want to rethink that position.

You Trump supporters crack me up. I cannot believe you guys actually defend everything he does. I have never defended a politician all of the time and at any cost. I have my own set of beliefs and if a politican does something I disagree with, I call them out on it. I do not ignore it and accuse the people concerned with things, that they are suffering from a mental illness. Its almost like you guys didn't see the POTUS, give Vladamir Putin a hand job on national TV.

Last edited:

chaos789

Banned
Nov 21, 2012
I dont like this thread as its purposely antagonistic but, this post is interesting.

I am not a Trump voter, nor supporter(I support whomever is the president as it benefits all of us if they do well)but the things he has done so far have benefited me.

To sit there and say Trump supporters are not concerned about clean air and water is disingenuous at best. Priorities may be different(economy vs environment)but to act as if anyone who supports trump hardcore is hoping for the death of all endangered species and for our air to be polluted and with the water is absurd.

There is a balance in there, and neither side has realized it yet. A happy balance of environmental protections, and economic protections.

It's really that simple. This is a pushback in the other direction. The world hasn't ended, there are no concentration camps, and WW3 hasn't started either.

The hyperbole coming from the Democrats has to stop as its actively turning voters away from them as during the craziest month I can remember in politics Trumps poll numbers actually went up. That says more then anything else anyone could ever say.

I cant even understand it really.
If they were concerned about the environment they would not be supporting Donald Trump. Do you normally support people who shit on things you care deeply about or are concerned with?

DeepEnigma

Dec 3, 2013
Well, this post is served with a heaping amount of innuedo and bullshit. First off you do not know a god damn thing about me. I have spent a large part of my life being an environmental activist and that includes praticing what I preach. But please do go ahead and inform me on what you think you know about me and my lifestyle and what I do on a day to day basis. I do know one thing. If you gave a shit about the environment or global warming, you would not be supporting the most environmentally hostile presidential administration in history. I

Don't believe me? Get off this message board and do some reading.
I don't support him nor did I ever vote for him, but I do recognize the insanity some people spew. Meaning, blaming him for every problem that is existed long before he was even born.

I only mentioned about his primary speech where he would pull funding from BigAg because I think it's hilarious that he would accidentally help the environment in one of if not the most major way doing that. More so than either one of his top opponents.

Since I don't know you, and you are correct about that statement, my comment was more so a blanket in general for that type of commentary I see from a lot of people who claim to be environmentalists but aren't vegan, still funding the BigAg machine all day everyday in their daily lives.

Believe me, I read plenty, as well as volunteer and donate lot of time, money, and resources to the environmental and animal rights cause. Much respect for you if that is your stance as well.

Last edited:

KINGMOKU

May 16, 2005
If they were concerned about the environment they would not be supporting Donald Trump. Do you normally support people who shit on things you care deeply about or are concerned with?
This all or nothing attitude is truly baffling. Grey area. Biggest part of civilization.

Balance is key and something a lot of people have failed to realize.

Just because you vote for whomever, it doesn't mean you support everything that particular candidate supports, or cares about.

This is apparently a tough concept to grasp for what seems like to many people.

chaos789

Banned
Nov 21, 2012
This all or nothing attitude is truly baffling. Grey area. Biggest part of civilization.

Balance is key and something a lot of people have failed to realize.

Just because you vote for whomever, it doesn't mean you support everything that particular candidate supports, or cares about.

This is apparently a tough concept to grasp for what seems like to many people.
There is no balance when an administration is trying to actively dismantle key provisions in the Clean Air and Water Act. Sometimes there is just the right thing and the wrong thing.

Last edited:

chaos789

Banned
Nov 21, 2012
I don't support him nor did I ever vote for him, but I do recognize the insanity some people spew. Meaning, blaming him for every problem that is existed long before he was even born.

I only mentioned about his primary speech where he would pull funding from BigAg because I think it's hilarious that he would accidentally help the environment in one of if not the most major way doing that. More so than either one of his top opponents.

Since I don't know you, and you are correct about that statement, my comment was more so a blanket in general for that type of commentary I see from a lot of people who claim to be environmentalists but aren't vegan, still funding the BigAg machine all day everyday in their daily lives.

Believe me, I read plenty, as well as volunteer and donate lot of time, money, and resources to the environmental and animal rights cause. Much respect for you if that is your stance as well.
Here read this, https://www.nytimes.com/interactive/2017/10/05/climate/trump-environment-rules-reversed.html. Trump's administration policy on the environment is the worst I have seen in my 40 years from a sitting presidential administration. I call out anyone who defends chemical,oil, and coal industry interests over the health of the environment and the public. I called out W. and I called Obama out when he did jack shit for the water protectors who were protesting the Dakota Access pipeline. I also called out Clinton and NAFTA and the environmental destruction that trade agreement caused.

If you donate your time and energy to that cause then you should be appalled, by this adminsitrations actions. And angry they actually want to undercut or basically dismantle the Endangered Species Act.

As someone who was actually poisoned by a corporation, which damaged my health, I am personally involved in this. I cannot discuss that because I signed an NDA. If I could have anything back in this life though, it would be my health. I am no longer vegan, due to the needs of my health, so I am forced to eat chicken again, although I eat pasture raised, grass feed, and ethically grown chickens. I do the best I can, given my current circumstances. I do stay involved, but I can no longer be as actively engaged as I once was, sadly. My declining health and environmental sensitivites has forced me to not own very much at all and live in a tiny space and spending most of my time outdoors.

I have always detested the idea of a large house with 3 cars and all of the usual materialistic trappings of a culture inundated with the idea that happiness is about what you own and who you know, rather than actually trying to make a positive difference. We should do it not for recognition or glory, but because its the humane and right thing to do.

Last edited:

LordPezix

Feb 7, 2017
I have always detested the idea of a large house with 3 cars and all of the usual materialistic trappings of a culture inundated with the idea that happiness is about what you own and who you know, rather than actually trying to make a positive difference. We should do it not for recognition or glory, but because its the humane and right thing to do.
My brother, I welcome you.

KINGMOKU

May 16, 2005
There is no balance when an administration is trying to actively dismantle key provisions in the Clean Air and Water Act. Sometimes there is just the right thing and the wrong thing.
Your right and wrong. This is key.

That may not be someone else's right and wrong.

You have to see that right?

KINGMOKU

May 16, 2005
Here read this, https://www.nytimes.com/interactive/2017/10/05/climate/trump-environment-rules-reversed.html. Trump's administration policy on the environment is the worst I have seen in my 40 years from a sitting presidential administration. I call out anyone who defends chemical,oil, and coal industry interests over the health of the environment and the public. I called out W. and I called Obama out when he did jack shit for the water protectors who were protesting the Dakota Access pipeline. I also called out Clinton and NAFTA and the environmental destruction that trade agreement caused.

If you donate your time and energy to that cause then you should be appalled, by this adminsitrations actions. And angry they actually want to undercut or basically dismantle the Endangered Species Act.

As someone who was actually poisoned by a corporation, which damaged my health, I am personally involved in this. I cannot discuss that because I signed an NDA. If I could have anything back in this life though, it would be my health. I am no longer vegan, due to the needs of my health, so I am forced to eat chicken again, although I eat pasture raised, grass feed, and ethically grown chickens. I do the best I can, given my current circumstances. I do stay involved, but I can no longer be as actively engaged as I once was, sadly. My declining health and environmental sensitivites has forced me to not own very much at all and live in a tiny space and spending most of my time outdoors.

This is how you make a point about the environment. Well said and I can tell you have conviction.

MrTickles

Feb 22, 2018
While I won't deny that TDS is a real thing, OP came here with a 2020 campaign mission. To a gaming board. Meh. There are better things to campaign about right now, and it helps to have a bit of finesse.

This is a good position, I also like to live in a clean environment, to breathe clean air. However I recognize there are many who don't care and that our very economic system is built on unlimited consumption. It is best to try to change the mind of the few people you're on good terms with, and to do so by providing cool alternatives.

It is a tricky thing to campaign for on a large scale, considering our very economic growth/living standards are underpinned by activities that involve contrary behaviours. One of the dirtiest and most damaging industries on earth is that of electronics. From the raw resource chain to the finished product. And here we are on a gaming board, discussing our electronic forms of entertainment on our electronic computers.

It is best to have alternatives, before trying to promote them. Mmm, edible game consoles.

Last edited:

oagboghi2

Apr 15, 2018
Yeah, I get you do not give a shit about animals or the environment. Considering you are part of the environment, you might want to rethink that position.

You Trump supporters crack me up. I cannot believe you guys actually defend everything he does. I have never defended a politician all of the time and at any cost. I have my own set of beliefs and if a politican does something I disagree with, I call them out on it. I do not ignore it and accuse the people concerned with things, that they are suffering from a mental illness. Its almost like you guys didn't see the POTUS, give Vladamir Putin a hand job on national TV.
Won't someone think of the *insert animal here*. They are sooooo precious. ....No, I'm totally not pretending to give a shit about animals because i'm a partisan hack

We have to go to war with Russia to save the *insert animal here*. I mean don't you care about the animals. Putin doesn't :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Last edited:

cpp_is_king

Mar 1, 2011
There’s nutcases here in Silicon Valley who refuse to build houses because fucking birds live on that land. Like are you kidding me with this shit? You go around claiming gentrification and getting forced out of your house but we try to solve the problem and people get enraged because we might inconvenience the damn birds. You can’t even make this shit up.

Last edited:

PonyStation4

May 26, 2018
I really miss Old-Gaf when troll threads were immediately taken care of.
It seems far better now to me as a former lurker. Much more varied opinions with all kinds of different viewpoints now, without fear of being personally attacked by other posters/mods for it.

chaos789

Banned
Nov 21, 2012
Won't someone think of the *insert animal here*. They are sooooo precious. ....No, I'm totally not pretending to give a shit about animals because i'm a partisan hack

We have to go to war with Russia to save the *insert animal here*. I mean don't you care about the animals. Putin doesn't :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:
I never claimed Putin had anything to do with the Endangered Species Act. I was referring too separate topics. You might want to work on your lack of reading comprehension.

Anyway, this is the last time I will be responding to you. It is obvious you are an obnoxious individual.

Last edited:

chaos789

Banned
Nov 21, 2012
While I won't deny that TDS is a real thing, OP came here with a 2020 campaign mission. To a gaming board. Meh. There are better things to campaign about right now, and it helps to have a bit of finesse.

This is a good position, I also like to live in a clean environment, to breathe clean air. However I recognize there are many who don't care and that our very economic system is built on unlimited consumption. It is best to try to change the mind of the few people you're on good terms with, and to do so by providing cool alternatives.

It is a tricky thing to campaign for on a large scale, considering our very economic growth/living standards are underpinned by activities that involve contrary behaviours. One of the dirtiest and most damaging industries on earth is that of electronics. From the raw resource chain to the finished product. And here we are on a gaming board, discussing our electronic forms of entertainment on our electronic computers.

It is best to have alternatives, before trying to promote them. Mmm, edible game consoles.
Yeah, it is difficult. I do the best I can and always try and make responsible choices on consumption. Such as using a water filter (Berkey) instead of buying bottled water or walking whenever possible as opposed to driving. I plant trees and even stop and actually pick up trash on the side of the road. I try to be careful on choices of what I eat and how it's raised or grown and where it ships from. Of course I contact representatives about these issues and try to lower my carbon footprint, but I need to do so much more. I was big on recycling in the past, until I found out almost 30% of everything still gets thrown away.

I am only one person and I cannot force someone to change. So I try and hold myself accountable to my beliefs. All of us have made mistakes and bad decisions, but we should strive and learn from those decisions as much as possible. We all have our litmus test in life, it is how we overcome that adversity that truly determines who we are as individuals.

You are right about the electronics industry. The irony of consuming power or purchasing electronics is not lost on me and something I deal with amongst other things I need to change.

Last edited:

12Goblins

Mar 1, 2017
This is a cute thread panda1, but don't forget to make a trump disillusionement support thread when the time comes :)

MrTickles

Feb 22, 2018
We now know Trump drinks coke, thanks to CNN. And not even diet coke. Criminally unhealthy.

BANGS

Banned
Dec 13, 2016
You wouldn’t think Trumplings would adopt a stupid meme phrase that originated with W. Bush apologists to defend their God-Emperor from justified criticism, but critical thought and historical knowledge aren’t strong suits for the MAGA crowd.

Panda1

Jan 12, 2010
You wouldn’t think Trumplings would adopt a stupid meme phrase that originated with W. Bush apologists to defend their God-Emperor from justified criticism, but critical thought and historical knowledge aren’t strong suits for the MAGA crowd.
I have a A in History in high school as well as 10 years post European and international politics studies I am from London , how does that make me limited in historical knowledge?

Last edited:

Dude Abides

Banned
Apr 8, 2009
User has provided credentials about why they feel qualified to speak on the topic. Whilst this is the internet and you can be skeptical you can't be outright dismissive.
I have a A in History in high school as well as 10 years post European and international politics studies I am from London , how does that make me limited in historical knowledge?
:messenger_winking::messenger_ok:

Last edited:

Dude Abides

Banned
Apr 8, 2009
Is that an apology or can you list the criteria to be intelligent enough to converse with you? Please let the forum know as limited IQ is not a reason not to talk to someone.
Using the phrase “X derangement syndrome” is disqualifying since it marks you as a partisan fanboy with no interest in rational discussion, no matter what your high school grades may have been. Not all of us graduated high school in the 2010s and we saw this routine with W. Bush.

It doesn’t really matter what your “credentials” are (do you think someone would just go on the Internet and tell lies?) if your post doesn’t reflect any familiarity with even recent history or the slightest ability to consider anything but the most facile 4chan memes pretending to be arguments.

Last edited:

Sub_Level

wants to fuck an Asian grill.
Apr 9, 2009
You don't have to be deranged to criticize Trump's actions. I mean Trump himself has done a 180 on his own policies, the most recent of which was the European trade war stuff.

I agree some people get too worked up about the drama BS tho. Both the media and Trump himself have made his twitter feed the talk of the town.

MrTickles

Feb 22, 2018
Hello. My name is Mr Tickles. I've been sober for 5 minutes now. Last occurrence was when I was on off-topic and one of the thread titles made me literally shake.