• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Trump escalating his language about NKorea, "calm before storm" coming to end?

Tovarisc

Edit: Reuters: http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=251263085&postcount=62

Pr08ByT.png

xF5g4Tj.png

https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/status/916750042014404608
https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/status/916751271960436737

---------------------------------

vixeapN.png

https://twitter.com/ryanobles/status/916086453339336710

nd2EG0W.png

https://twitter.com/Acosta/status/916084837299126272

TNKplh4.png

https://twitter.com/jaketapper/status/916094254883180544

Zolo

Yeah. At this point, I'll worry about Trump's threats as much as I worried about NK's for the last 15 years.

I'd be more worried about him getting into a war with Iran than NK.

Kimawolf

Worry about the millions in South Korea. Idiots like him and Lindsdy Graham underestimated or dont care about SK victims of said attack.

TAJ

Darkness cannot drive out darkness; only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate; only love can do that.
Only one thing will work?
Dropping Trump onto Pyongyang from a plane?

JustenP88

I earned 100 Gamerscore™ for collecting 300 widgets and thereby created Trump's America
Looking forward to all the smug pricks coming in here rolling their eyes with the "this is normal for the NK thing, you idiots" bullshit.

I don't know if there's a GAF stereotype I dislike more and I was a BernieBro last year.

captainpat

Well, they are probably steps in place to prevent him from doing anything too stupid so this is probably hot air.

Zolo

Nice knowing you.

On the other hand, North Korea does need to be liberated, for pure humanitarian reasons.
If Trump were to do something, he'd destroy the regime, and then do nothing about the refugee crisis that would come out of it.

GK86

Homeland Security Fail
The guy who can't take someone called him a moron or can't take late night hosts making fun of him is exactly the guy I want leading the US into a military conflict.

Biske

Can just imagine his public comments after he goes to visit the nuclear holocaust victims.

"nobody could have seen this coming. This was something nobody has ever seen it was a nuclear bomb. a bomb, that was nuclear, like with fire and smoke. Its just really wonderful to be with the survivors here. In many ways it's a miracle we didn't get even more people killed, but only x of tens of thousands were killed, you know in a real war there were like millions killed. So in many ways this was good."

Tovarisc

Yeah. At this point, I'll worry about Trump's threats as much as I worried about NK's for the last 15 years.

I'd be more worried about him getting into a war with Iran than NK.

As long this toddler can wield full might of US military at whim I don't feel that relaxed about language like this. He now can actually do something about / with his nuclear weapon fetish.

Meadows

Banned
I do think that he means economic pressure and isolation, not military action. He knows that any strikes would result in anywhere from 50,000 - 25,000,000 civilian deaths on the Japanese/SK side.

Zolo

As long this toddler can wield full might of US military at whim I don't feel that relaxed about language like this. He now can actually do something about / with his nuclear weapon fetish.

Sure, but I don't feel like worrying about this every time Trump threatens NK for the next 3 years.

Stinkles

Clothed, sober, cooperative
He literally said it because he thought it sounded badass but is happy to create a conflict to back up his empty rhetoric.

In uk so not directly effected but if this orange idiot ends up ruining Japan and South Korea than America is the biggest fuck up of all time.

_Ryo_

If Trump were to do something, he'd destroy the regime, and then do nothing about the refugee crisis that would come out of it.

He would do something. Ban Korean immigrants. Cause he's a fucking piece of shit.

Nice knowing you.

On the other hand, North Korea does need to be liberated, for pure humanitarian reasons.

I don't think we have the competent leadership in place for such an endeavor to be anything but a disaster.

You're talking about an administration in which a GOP Senator says that three people are keeping us from chaos.

When he says shit like this means that he knows that Mueller has found more crucial evidence or that someone in his administration or even Don Jr has been raided.

sant

He has obviously been briefed that NK won't attack first unless they feel the regime is threatened. Nobody wants war and nothing will happen.

jelly

War is good for the military complex right so Trump is probably doing them a favour to get even richer while creating more jobs but lots of dead people.

I wonder what the rest of the world would think if the US attacked NK and Iran.

Would be cool if it was somehow like in Edge of Tomorrow when Cruise gets sent to the front lines to fight. But instead of having cool time powers and a wicked mech suit, they just give him a broom stick and a bicycle helmet.

jelly

He has obviously been briefed that NK won't attack first unless they feel the regime is threatened. Nobody wants war and nothing will happen.

Yeah, that's been clear for a long time. These dictators like their life, bark is worse than their bite.

War is good for the military complex right so Trump is probably doing them a favour to get even richer while creating more jobs but lots of dead people.

I wonder what the rest of the world would think if the US attacked NK and Iran.

You think the economic instability that would result from a full blown, possibly nuclear, war in the heart of Asia is something any rich person would want?

Tovarisc

Sure, but I don't feel like worrying about this every time Trump threatens NK for the next 3 years.

True, but same time his language has gotten more direct and pointed about implying war / nuke being only answer to NKorea question.

Doesn't help that this shit is literally baiting NKorea leadership.

Can someone get Idris Elba on the phone? There's an apocalypse I would very much like cancelled right now.

More seriously, there's only so far one man can go with the rhetoric before it stops sounding like rhetoric, and instead becomes an actual threat. And an actual threat in this instance is just... oh god.

Top Bottom