• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Trump fires John Bolton

Ellis

Dec 3, 2018
London, UK
Bolton is a fucking lunatic. This is good for everyone that he no longer has influence.

That being said. No way Trump fired him, he's talking shit as usual to make it look like he is in control of his workforce. Bolton is contradicting Trumps tweets saying that he offered to resign the night before.

Reactions: jonnyp

autoduelist

Aug 30, 2014
Very nice, it's been long suspected Trump wasn't listening to him anyway and that he was just brought on to satisfy neocons early on.

cryptoadam

... and he cannot lie
Feb 21, 2018
How could Trump fire Bolton, he was a peace loving man! He must of had dirt on Trump and Russia. Clearly this was motivated by racisim and sexism. Bolton is now the hero of the left!

Remember Orange Man Bad, so if Trump hired Bolton its horrible, but now that he fired him its horrible too and Bolton is the hero we all deserve.

DKehoe

Jun 19, 2007
Excellent news. Bolton is a warmonger. Him being part of the administration was concerning so this is a great move.

KINGMOKU

May 16, 2005
Good. I want a massive withdrawal of troops from places they are not needed, nor wanted.

Let these nations figure it out for themselves. The United States projection of power is overwhelming as it is, and to supplement withdrawing, a few more aircraft carrier strike groups can be placed in strategic locations.

Bolton was not a good hire, and I'm glad he's gone.

Bolivar687

Jun 13, 2014
USA
I wanted to believe this was an older, wiser, grittier Bolton 2.0 but I'm glad the President has moved on.

I eagerly look forward to watching the left fully and completely embrace him, just as they have 'Woke Billy' Kristol, David Frum, and literally everyone else who took us into an illegal war that created over 1 million casualties.

Trey

Mar 3, 2010
Trying to off shore Bolton onto liberals is some goofy shit. Trump hired this man to begin with. Who seriously suggested that America should preemptively strike North Korea.

down 2 orth

Oct 27, 2013
Trying to off shore Bolton onto liberals is some goofy shit. Trump hired this man to begin with. Who seriously suggested that America should preemptively strike North Korea.
Note that you're the first person in this thread to use the term "liberal". At least some of us have respect for legitimate liberal points of view, but if you're talking about the pro-war pro-division ideology that's being propagated at the moment, I think you may have confused the nomenclature.

• Thoughtful
Reactions: DeepEnigma

JORMBO

Darkness no more
Mar 5, 2009
They don't, but they're deflecting by saying it's governing by chaos in order to fuel negative coverage:

Keep him? Bad. Get rid of him? Bad. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
I was just thinking there won’t be a single person in existence that will be mad about firing Bolton. Then I read this post.

Last edited:

Zangiefy360

Aug 30, 2018
I love how our President doesn't hesitate to remove those that won't/can't enact his agenda.

Feels good to FINALLY have a President that values peace over war. Obama, Bush Jr, Clinton AM CRY.

DeepEnigma

Gold Member
Dec 3, 2013
I love how our President doesn't hesitate to remove those that won't/can't enact his agenda.

Feels good to FINALLY have a President that values peace over war. Obama, Bush Jr, Clinton AM CRY.
It seems that is why the establishment and their MSM propagandists hate him so much. They profit immensely off of conflict.

Teletraan1

May 17, 2012
Canada
Most of these people were foisted upon Trump as an outsider to politics. People always forget that he didn't take the same route as most other modern politicians to the position. Where you spend decades in Washington to build a crew. A lot of people in the GOP just stuck him with the usual bad batch of swamp creatures. Best example is Manafort. Trump didn't even want him but the GOP pushed him.

I knew they were going to take the instability route on this. They literally do this every single time he fires someone. All of the sudden that person is lionized or if they are as reprehensible as Bolton it is a white house in disarray or a combo of both. See how that cunt Schumer tries to imply that Bolton wasn't insane enough for Trump. Slimy bastards.

crowbrow

Gold Member
Feb 28, 2019

Agreed that is about time peace prevails over war. And if Trump is up for that task i will praise the guy until i die. But you have to wonder, if his initial approach was peace over war why the hell did he put a warmonger like Bolton in the first place? Right now we have no idea the real reasons Bolton is leaving, im just hoping it is because Trump wants a more peaceful approach and not a more warmongering one.

Cucked SoyBoy

Dec 18, 2018
Agreed that is about time peace prevails over war. And if Trump is up for that task i will praise the guy until i die. But you have to wonder, if his initial approach was peace over war why the hell did he put a warmonger like Bolton in the first place? Right now we have no idea the real reasons Bolton is leaving, im just hoping it is because Trump wants a more peaceful approach and not a more warmongering one.

To understand how to get out of a bad situation, you need to understand how we got there in the first place. Bolton was one of the people who got us here. Thus his perspective was valuable...for a while.

JORMBO

Darkness no more
Mar 5, 2009

I don’t think it made sense for him to appoint Bolton to begin with. That was a mistake.

Tesseract

Crushed by Thanos
Dec 7, 2008
i can actually see a personality like trump hiring a bolton type to air his darker impulses

not everything is 4d chess, sometimes you do what your chief of staff says

Horns

Jun 23, 2010
Trump is the embodiment of chaos. Just another example of many. While Bolton is fucking scum and him being gone is good, I can't compliment Trump until I see his replacement. It could be worse because let's face it...Trump can always do much worse.

DunDunDunpachi

Patient MembeR
Apr 18, 2018
USA
dunpachi.com
Lesser-discussed piece of this situation: Trump spent many months without a full staff, since Congress delayed approvals over and over and over again. Trump certainly took help where he could get it, and his recent usage of military budget for the wall is evidence of the backchannels he's resorted to for pushing his presidency's goals. Wouldn't surprise me if Bolton's appointment brought leverage in certain parts of the military-industrial complex, but who is to say?

I'm glad Bolton is out. It's a smart move. His brinkmanship over Venezuela alone should've got him ousted if Trump was sticking to his original anti-war, anti-intervention campaign promises.

Reactions: pramod