• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Trump is racist, says majority of American voters

cryptoadam

... and he cannot lie
Feb 21, 2018

More than half (51%) of US voters think that US President Donald Trump is racist, according to a poll by Quinnipiac University released earlier this week.

When broken down by race, 46% of white voters think that Trump is racist, as compared with 50% who say he is not and 4% who were undecided. Some 80% of black voters and 55% of Hispanic voters say he is racist.
This is what a media that is 99% negative against you pushing a narrative results in.

🤡 🌎

Last edited:
Reactions: V4skunk and Boston

Horns

Jun 23, 2010
Quinnipiac did the same poll last summer and 49% said he was a racist. Source. Good news more are seeing it that way. Among independent voters in July 2019, 56% say Trump is racist compared with 38% who do not. Source. Those in the middle seem to agree by large margins.

Last edited:

#Phonepunk#

Gold Member
Sep 4, 2018
Responses are reported for 1,306 self-identified registered voters with a margin of sampling error of +/- 3.4 percentage points, including the design effect. Margins of sampling error for subgroups are available upon request.
well, 1,306 people have spoken for all of America. pretty irrefutable, you can't deny this outcome.
PARTY IDENTIFICATION QUESTION WORDING - Generally speaking, do you consider yourself a Republican, a Democrat, an Independent, or what? REGISTERED VOTERS PARTY IDENTIFICATION
Republican 30%
Democrat 34
Independent 26
Other/DK/NA 10

so they over sampled Democrats giving them a 7.4% lead on Republicans. they also asked 36% of "Indepedent/Other/DK", again a massive over sampling. this gives more weight to Independent voters than they have in reality. in presidential elections Independent candidates get 0% percent of the vote. Republican voters who actually show up are outflanked here by tons of noise.

seems like a pretty weak poll, which doesn't give insight into anything, and is desperately twisted to support a narrative.

Last edited:

dolabla

Oct 9, 2013
No matter who you are, run against the Democrat party and they will make you out to be a racist. The party is a joke. They loved Trump when he was a Democrat, accepted his donations, etc. He used to be all over the place. TV shows, movies, talk shows, news shows, etc. All in a good light for over 30 years. As soon as he ran against the Democrat party he became this monster. Hilarious how that works.

Last edited:

Bolivar687

Jun 13, 2014
USA
But they have to say that to the pollster, or else people will call them racist, too.

Source:

autoduelist

Aug 30, 2014
We live in a society where owning a dog is now considered racist.

Hell, we live in a society where literal racist sjws think every white person is racist by definition, like original sin.

Trump landslide 2020.

Last edited:

cryptoadam

... and he cannot lie
Feb 21, 2018
No matter who you are, run against the Democrat party and they will make you out to be a racist. The party is a joke. They loved Trump when he was a Democrat, accepted his donations, etc. He used to be all over the place. TV shows, movies, talk shows, news shows, etc. All in a good light for over 30 years. As soon as he ran against the Democrat party he became this monster. Hilarious how that works.
especially shocking that 80% of blacks think he is racist. Yet he was praised in rap songs, Ellis island award, I think NAACP award (correct me if I am wrong) pics with Ali and other black celeberties. Then in 2016 all of a sudden Trump became a Grand Wizard of the KKK.

I wonder if Democrats told all black people to jump off a bridge if they would do it, because they seem to be buying any horse manure the Dems are selling them.

Jun 26, 2018
Milwaukee, WI
Trump landslide 2020.
Quite the contrary. Trump basically won because blacks didn't come out and vote for Hillary like they did for Obama. If that changes a bit, Trump is going to be under water in some battleground states.

While we sit here and roll our eyes, the media is firing up the black voters.

Joe T.

Oct 3, 2004
Montreal, Quebec
The media is firing up everyone for very different reasons. The incredible amount of effort being poured into smearing and removing Trump or anyone that happens to support him from various platforms makes me worry about the future of the country considering there's practically no opposition to it on the left side of the aisle. What happened to reason?

Reactions: ConnorDuffy1977

autoduelist

Aug 30, 2014
Quite the contrary. Trump basically won because blacks didn't come out and vote for Hillary like they did for Obama. If that changes a bit, Trump is going to be under water in some battleground states.

There is a reason Democrat's can't stop talking about reparations and the media can't stop talking about Trump racism. They are losing control of a voting bloc and they know it.

Reactions: Oner

DunDunDunpachi

Patient MembeR
Apr 18, 2018
USA
dunpachi.com
The media is firing up everyone for very different reasons. The incredible amount of effort being poured into smearing and removing Trump or anyone that happens to support him from various platforms makes me worry about the future of the country considering there's practically no opposition to it on the left side of the aisle. What happened to reason?
The majority of Americans* have identified "reason" as a Western European White Supremacist construct and instead prefer to utilize communal rationalization** and independent media education*** to form personal opinions.

*sample size 1,306
**groupthink
***propaganda

Reactions: AaronB and Joe T.

Aurelian

my friends call me "Cunty"
Feb 22, 2009
Ottawa, Canada

This is one of those times where we agree. As much as the conservatives like to fantasize about Trump being guaranteed to win in 2020, the reality is that he won in 2016 in part due to complacency in the voter base. There are going to be a lot of people motivated to vote against Trump in 2020, and that's going to be helped by the elimination of key Republican gerrymandering efforts.

Reactions: Nintendo Switch

DeafTourette

Apr 23, 2018
deaftourette.com
especially shocking that 80% of blacks think he is racist. Yet he was praised in rap songs, Ellis island award, I think NAACP award (correct me if I am wrong) pics with Ali and other black celeberties. Then in 2016 all of a sudden Trump became a Grand Wizard of the KKK.

I wonder if Democrats told all black people to jump off a bridge if they would do it, because they seem to be buying any horse manure the Dems are selling them.
That's kind of disingenuous.

Most people see his tweets and his words from his own mouth. That's what most people form their opinions on. Not what talking heads on news shows say

AfricanKing

Gold Member
Jul 16, 2017

Trumps tweets speak louder than words at this point. Black people are not a monolith and Ali and other Black celebrities dont speak for everyone as a whole. Its pretty telling that you think a cross section of society ate inept of thinking for them selfs purely because of the colour of their skin.

LegendOfKage

Mar 6, 2018

Most people see his tweets and his words from his own mouth. That's what most people form their opinions on. Not what talking heads on news shows say
Why do you think it is that barely over half of Hispanic people polled said they think Trump is a racist, while 4 out of 5 black people think he's a racist? This while Trump has arguably spoken far more harshly about Hispanic people, especially if you consider his comments about illegal immigrants and apply those to Hispanic people in general, which is something some conservatives and liberals both seem to do, albeit for different reasons.

Last edited:

Lamel

Nov 2, 2009
Not surprising. He’s not exactly shy about spouting racist talking points, and the rise from last year is expected after his recent commentary.

Surprised that the Hispanic number is only 55%; and also surprised the white number is as high as 46%. Only 23% of Evangelicals, not surprised at that at all. That’s that ardent GOP base!

So this one University polled nearly 200 million people?
This is my favorite take when a poll disagrees with someone’s preconceived notions.

tkscz

Oct 17, 2011
Not surprising. He’s not exactly shy about spouting racist talking points, and the rise from last year is expected after his recent commentary.

Surprised that the Hispanic number is only 55%; and also surprised the white number is as high as 46%. Only 23% of Evangelicals, not surprised at that at all. That’s that ardent GOP base!

This is my favorite take when a poll disagrees with someone’s preconceived notions.
Didn't say I disagree with it, I think he's racist too. But how do these polls work? Did they poll a large portion and made assumptions on the rest based on they're results? Are they leaving room for error if that's the case?

Lamel

Nov 2, 2009
Didn't say I disagree with it, I think he's racist too. But how do these polls work? Did they poll a large portion and made assumptions on the rest based on they're results? Are they leaving room for error if that's the case?
Usually the methodology is listed with the poll, as well as various breakdowns of demographics. None will have a sample size of 200 million. One that large is not necessary for significant statistics.

Last edited:
Dec 15, 2011
I just polled my blind cat about whether dogs were an inferior species.

I wish I could tell you the outcome, but he went on at me in detail about skewing statistics, sample sizes and something about subjective opinions not being objective facts.

The he started to lick his own ass.

I wonder what that all means.. ?

cryptoadam

... and he cannot lie
Feb 21, 2018

actually the opposite, they wait for the talking heads to tell them how to interpret his tweets.

The Elijah Cummings incident is proof enough. You had the black mayor Pugh saying she could smell the dead animals and being shocked at the conditions. You had Cummings himself calling the city "drug infested". You had Obamer calling the rioters "Thugs", yet Trump is racist for pointing out that Baltimore is in bad shape.

Go ask all the members of YBL that were at the White House TWICE if Trump is racist.

Trump was an indisputable icon in hip-hop music for decades, and the admiration for his success and swagger is documented in more than 300 rap verses. Lyrics examined by ABC News show Trump was hailed for his wealth and power and idolized in songs that date back to at least the late 1980s.

"He was an American icon that stood for success and wealth, and that was something that was valued, particularly among a community of folks that were coming from lower class backgrounds and people who were locked out of the mainstream American economy," Bakari Kitwana, the Executive Director of Rap Sessions, told ABC News.

Before he ran for president, Trump got shouts-outs from virtually every corner of the hip-hop world -- West Coast rappers like Snoop Dogg and Kendrick Lamar, East Coast rappers like Puff Daddy aka P. Diddy and 50 Cent and southern rappers like Lil Wayne and Jeezy.

Several songs were even named after Trump.

In his 2011 song, "Trump," Atlanta rapper Jeezy hails his own success and labels himself the Trump of the hood: "Richest n**** in my hood, call me Donald Trump, the type of n**** to count my money while I smoke a blunt."

In "Up Like Trump," -- the 2014 hit by hip-hop duo Rae Sremmurd, Swae Lee raps, "Forbes list, Forbes list, Forbes list, Forbes, read it like the Bible/Up like Donald Trump, chain swings like nunchucks."

And in the late rapper Mac Miller's 2014 hit, "Donald Trump," the Pittsburgh rapper boasts about his Trump-like persona: "Ay yo, the flyest m*****f***** in the room. Yeah, you know it's me."
At the time, Trump was seen attending parties with Puff Daddy, was personal friends with hip-hop mogul Russell Simmons and was making guest appearances on iconic shows like "The Fresh Prince of Bel Air" alongside Will Smith. Trump even appeared on G-Unit radio in 2005 with 50 Cent.
Then all of a sudden the media has gone into Trump=Racist overdrive and all these hip hop icons who idolized Trump, made songs about him, were in photos with him turned on him.

I am sure there are plenty of stupid (leftist) Jews out there who also think Trump is antisemetic even though he has a Jewish son and daughter and moved the embassy, recognized the Golan and is the most pro-Israel president ever and has called out antisemetism as a cancer and virus.

KINGMOKU

May 16, 2005
I was wondering if we could put together a list of these racist incidents so we as a forum can go over them, and see if they are actually racist.

I'm assuming the members here that do not support the President know these incidents well, and would never use media talking points in twisting, and obfuscating the truth.

So I'm asking, let's list all of these racist incidents, and go thru them one by one.

cryptoadam

... and he cannot lie
Feb 21, 2018
Trumps tweets speak louder than words at this point. Black people are not a monolith and Ali and other Black celebrities dont speak for everyone as a whole. Its pretty telling that you think a cross section of society ate inept of thinking for them selfs purely because of the colour of their skin.
Like Elijah Cummings who called his own city infested too?

And I am basing this on the poll results. Consider the guy constantly talks about the employment situations for blacks, hosts 400 black youths at the White house its very surprising that 80% of blacks think he is racist.

I can only speculate that it must be because they watch CNN and Don Lemon and listen to the Democrats who have been calling the man racist from day 1.

I would say the same thing if 80% of Jews found him antisemetic, which wouldn't surprise me.

the common factor isn't skin color, its party affiliation. We know 70% of Jews vote Dem and about 95% blacks vote Dem. So ya its not shocking that the number is so high when you consider the entire Dem agenda is to paint Trump as a racist. I bet you amongst black conservatives that number is pretty close to 0%.

Can't decide

Sep 11, 2018
Are you implying 1,300 people is a good sample size for a population of 330 million people? (<0.0004%)

How low can this number go? 100 people? 10 people?

AfricanKing

Gold Member
Jul 16, 2017
And I am basing this on the poll results. Consider the guy constantly talks about the employment situations for blacks, hosts 400 black youths at the White house its very surprising that 80% of blacks think he is racist.
Hosting 400 black youths means nothing , it comes with the Job and would undoubtedly bring bad press if the opportunity was turned down. Try to separate the man from the job.

I can only speculate that it must be because they watch CNN and Don Lemon and listen to the Democrats who have been calling the man racist from day 1.
Yes you can only speculate that 80% of black voter watch CNN. I wonder what their viewships numbers are for CNN...

Around 290,000 MSNBC has the most viewership figures for African Americans.

the common factor isn't skin color, its party affiliation. We know 70% of Jews vote Dem and about 95% blacks vote Dem. So ya its not shocking that the number is so high when you consider the entire Dem agenda is to paint Trump as a racist. I bet you amongst black conservatives that number is pretty close to 0%.
Trumps paints himself racist his biggest enemy are his twitter fingers. His low hanging fruit at this point.

cryptoadam

... and he cannot lie
Feb 21, 2018
Hosting 400 black youths means nothing , it comes with the Job and would undoubtedly bring bad press if the opportunity was turned down. Try to separate the man from the job.
So why would he as a racist host them though? Were Turning Point and YBL invited under Obama? (serious question I don't know). For a guy who 80% of Blacks are sure is racist seems like a strange thing to do. To have a speech saying they are future leaders and can even become president. I am sure plenty of racist are praising black people and saying they can be president of the USA.

Yes you can only speculate that 80% of black voter watch CNN. I wonder what their viewships numbers are for CNN...

Around 290,000 MSNBC has the most viewership figures for African Americans.
Well a bit of sarcasm there. I am sure they watch other networks, read other newspapers etc... but its most likely left wing sources and Democrat sources.

I think its pretty common knowledge that the majority of black people in the US aren't watching FOX.

Trumps paints himself racist his biggest enemy are his twitter fingers. His low hanging fruit at this point.
such as? Or are we going to go with the word infested is somehow racist now, even when a guy like Elijah Cummings uses the term himself.

Trump doesn't care about race, he cares if you support him or not. thats why he can have 400 black youths in the WH in MAGA hats, or have 1 on 1's with Kanye (who said Bush hates black people) or have glowing words for Alice Johnson who he freed from prison (thanks Kim).