• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Trump is travelling around the country to packed rallies

cryptoadam

... and he cannot lie
Feb 21, 2018
Do the Amish vote? Always wondered that.

I guess they would by default be republicans with the whole abortion deal ??

Reactions: iconmaster

Havoc2049

Mar 30, 2011
Arizona
Glad to see the grassroots Republican Amish outreach from 2016 is still going strong in 2020. We all need to buy some Amish furniture.

cryptoadam

... and he cannot lie
Feb 21, 2018
Round 2

Biden cant even take a shit twice in one day while the machine is out for his 2nd 2 hour rally

ramuh

Jun 7, 2013
Brought those kids that were suspended for running on the field with those firefighter/police flags. Also talked about that piece of shit that raped a kid that was bailed out by the fund that kamala endorsed.

Last edited:
If I'm being honest I felt he was a bit flat during the first Ohio rally. He did the same material, but didn't riff as much and that is where he usually gets lively. Didn't have a chance to watch the 2nd one.

All that being said, he's doing *two* public rallies in ONE DAY. When did the Harris/Biden team put a lid on things? Before or after the teleprompter gave up the ghost?

Reactions: cryptoadam

cryptoadam

... and he cannot lie
Feb 21, 2018
If I'm being honest I felt he was a bit flat during the first Ohio rally. He did the same material, but didn't riff as much and that is where he usually gets lively. Didn't have a chance to watch the 2nd one.

All that being said, he's doing *two* public rallies in ONE DAY. When did the Harris/Biden team put a lid on things? Before or after the teleprompter gave up the ghost?
You might be getting rallied out. Its the same material so some times he doesnt hit it out of the park. Thought the 2nd rally was better so maybe he was saving some juice.

Also he was running late for the first one and with 2 rallies planned maybe he was thrown off a bit and wanted to keep things on schedule.

But the guy has done like 10 rallies over the last 2 weeks or something? I dont know I stopped keeping track.

The contrast between him and Biden is insane. It like he isnt even running against anyone.

Trump is right he is the worst candidate ever.

Well keep enjoying the friendly protests against stupidity.

• Thoughtful
Reactions: Captain Zyrain

HeresJohnny

Mar 14, 2018
I don't live in the US but it seems to me that the enthusiasm towards Trump campaign is higher than it was 4 years ago. Am I right on this?
It seems that way to me as well, although I can't tell if some of it has been pent up due to the Wu Flu and it looks higher. On the other hand, getting people to come to packed rallies during a pandemic is kind of an answer to that I guess.

jason10mm

Feb 3, 2009
Compared to the dem side it is staggering. This should be HEADLINE NATIONAL NEWS EVERY NIGHT!! This kind of turnout discrepancy is mind-blowing.

Clearly Trump is spending lots of cash on rallies that Biden is spending on commercials. Question is, are these rallies turning the undecideds towards trump or at least keeping Dems at home on election day?

If nothing else trump is honing his speaking points for the debates and perfecting his timing. I hope they allow a crowd for him to work off of. His delivery will fall flat in an empty room IMHO.

• Thoughtful
Reactions: zombrex and Joe T.
I don't live in the US but it seems to me that the enthusiasm towards Trump campaign is higher than it was 4 years ago. Am I right on this?
I mean we're seeing packed rallies and huge Trump car-caravans.. which I feel is bigger than we saw 4 years ago.. BUT I feel like the nation-wide sentiment is still very subdued.

As everyone says this isn't Trump vs Biden, it's Trump vs Not-Trump. I am not sure the rallies are changing any minds.. Hope they are.. but not sure.

People on the left are talking about how they're going to "barely be able to watch" the debates because they (irrationally) hate Trump so much. So that tells you it doesn't matter what he's saying or doing, these people have pre-decided they hate him. The debates where they MAY listen to him for a few minutes might be the best way for him to get to undecided/combative voters.. since they literally won't listen to him any other way. These people get ALL their talking points and marching orders from the media, which convolutes and twists the Presidents words into whatever will get clicks and enrage people the most.

I'd like to see the President just list his damn accomplishments, as I am pretty damn sure a lot of them don't/won't even know what he has done so far.

BouncyFrag

Feb 10, 2014
Compared to the dem side it is staggering. This should be HEADLINE NATIONAL NEWS EVERY NIGHT!! This kind of turnout discrepancy is mind-blowing.

Clearly Trump is spending lots of cash on rallies that Biden is spending on commercials. Question is, are these rallies turning the undecideds towards trump or at least keeping Dems at home on election day?

If nothing else trump is honing his speaking points for the debates and perfecting his timing. I hope they allow a crowd for him to work off of. His delivery will fall flat in an empty room IMHO.
I’m not sure how expensive these rallies are since they are set up at airstrips instead of arenas and such. The plane lands and he literally walks down the stairs and he’s right there.

I think the adjusting they had to do for the corona have ended up being more effective than traditonal rallies. Air Force One’s commanding presence just exudes the power of the presidency.

Reactions: cryptoadam

NickFire

Mar 12, 2014
Trump is absolutely crushing it on the momentum front. If he ends up winning there is going to be an internal DNC war the likes of which we've never seen yet, but I pray it brings the party back to one that supports the REAL MIDDLE CLASS again, and not spoiled and entitled brats who want to destroy everything because they were duped by other liberals into spending 200k on worthless degrees.

Here's what I believe are the causes for his momentum:

1) Economy. Arguing that he caused the crash destroys all credibility when the speaker is trying to argue Biden will lead us back to January 2020 better than Trump.

2) Anarchy. Dems mayors, gov's, AG's were all too happy to allow the anarchy. They are losing votes on this issue, and even for the loyalists, they are losing enthusiasm because of it.

3) School Openings. Federal Dems had a chance to urge their local colleagues to get schools fully open for the sake of both children and working parents. They passed this ball because they thought our pain would be their gain, and probably in hopes of keeping certain public sector union support. For every working parent who says this is fine when dealing with hybrid or all remote, you can find dozens saying this is an absolute shit show.

cryptoadam

... and he cannot lie
Feb 21, 2018
And he's back. Ready for 2 hours of sick burns on Sleepy Joe, Mini Mike, Pocahontas, and crooked Hillary?

BigDeadFreak

Jul 7, 2018
spoiled and entitled brats who want to destroy everything because they were duped by other liberals into spending 200k on worthless degrees.
I think this is such a huge and understated reason for so much of the discontent in the west right now. Middle class hubris in wanting to boast that your perfect offspring are going to uni combined with the fact that your kids are nothing special and not that bright. The result is kids doing pseudo degrees in fatuous subjects.

Because these qualifications are useless no one will pay you an increased salary for having one. However, someone has to foot the bill for the overgrown babysitting service that universities have become. The result is 3 wasted years, massive debt and a burning sense of injustice.

It's a painful lesson in why the everyone's a winner culture makes losers out of us all. Your parents and school teachers can't shield you from your own mediocrity forever. If they don't tell you, the rest of the world will. Unfortunately, by that point it is often too late.

Last edited: