• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Trump is travelling around the country to packed rallies

-Arcadia-

Branded for life by her misdeeds
Aug 20, 2019
In all the years that I've been alive, I have never heard crowds chant "we love you" to a President.
I wanted to post this myself, but couldn’t quite find the words. This (in general) well exceeds even the 07 Obama enthusiasm, and I’ve never seen anything like it towards someone exiting their first term, where most people are usually sick of them.

There’s something really special here. It’s one of the many things, other than experience with how 2016 turned out, that make me think the polls are very, very divorced from reality.

sleepnaught

Jan 12, 2017
If rallies mattered, Hillary wouldn't have had 3 million more votes than Trump. And Bernie would have been the Democratic nominee twice. I'm not going to attend a Biden rally, but you better believe I'll be early voting against Trump the day polls open.

Last edited:
  • LOL
Reactions: Shodan09

hyp3rlink

Feb 5, 2009
I don't understand how any honest human being can look at the past six months and say that Trump has done a decent job in responding to the pandemic.
I mean, sure, go ahead and vote for him but at least acknowledge that he botched the response.

showernota

Gold Member
Jun 6, 2020
I don't understand how any honest human being can look at the past six months and say that Trump has done a decent job in responding to the pandemic.
I mean, sure, go ahead and vote for him but at least acknowledge that he botched the response.
What did he botch?

• Praise the Sun
Reactions: KiNeMz

finowns

May 10, 2009
I agree he should have fired Cuomo for the job he did in New York. Why’d he hire that guy anyways?

cryptoadam

... and he cannot lie
Feb 21, 2018
Well if you thought over 2 million will die then he has brought the deaths down by like 90%.

If you thought the 2.2 million was BS and less than 200K should have died then the media fauci and the left should be blamed for the mass hyesteria that lead to all the closures and destruction of the economy.

Not sure which it is. Corona is super dangerous and millions will die or barely anyone was going to die but Drumpf made it worse.

decisions

Jun 16, 2015
Looks like you fell for the lies that the Democrats would've stopped travel when in fact they criticized Trump for stopping travel from one country, or that they have some magic solution that isn't exactly what Trump is doing right now. The truth is they don't, and the only metric that strongly correlates with low cases/deaths is extremity of border closings (see: Taiwan, NZ) and Democrats would have done even less of that than Trump did.

Last edited:

Sejan

Sep 28, 2018
If rallies mattered, Hillary wouldn't have had 3 million more votes than Trump. And Bernie would have been the Democratic nominee twice. I'm not going to attend a Biden rally, but you better believe I'll be early voting against Trump the day polls open.
The thing that rallies bring is excitement. Turnout is key to every campaign. If trump can turn out voters while Biden fails to turn out his, then it could easily be a Trump victory. Holding big rallies allows for the curious to show up (and likely leave excited). A better comparison of excitement is probably comparing the Trump vs Biden car parades. In this comparison, Trump has seen 1000s show up vs. less than 100 for Biden.

While Trump would likely lose the popular vote, it’s certainly conceivable that a big enough difference in excitement could flip a battleground state.

cryptoadam

... and he cannot lie
Feb 21, 2018
So another over 90 minute speech for the guy on his death bed from Corona.

MrMephistoX

May 18, 2007
The thing that rallies bring is excitement. Turnout is key to every campaign. If trump can turn out voters while Biden fails to turn out his, then it could easily be a Trump victory. Holding big rallies allows for the curious to show up (and likely leave excited). A better comparison of excitement is probably comparing the Trump vs Biden car parades. In this comparison, Trump has seen 1000s show up vs. less than 100 for Biden.

While Trump would likely lose the popular vote, it’s certainly conceivable that a big enough difference in excitement could flip a battleground state.
It’s super tough to say at this point because for the first time in my life I don’t trust media on either side. Fox is too Rosy CNN is too pessimistic and social media is either up Trump’s ass with sunshine or hoping he dies of COVID.

I’d honestly rather just watch PBS News Hour where it’s less panel and debate driven and otherwise rely on Joe Rogan and National Review than have to scroll through endless negative Trump articles on Twitter or Reddit.

I get way more out of discussing things here.

Last edited:

cryptoadam

... and he cannot lie
Feb 21, 2018
You cant blame Trump for cheating and not giving up power when he wins by a land slide unless you have Soros funded polls showing your guy was the clear cut winner.

What do you think they are going to say when Trump has enough states? There is no way this is happening see the Times and CNN and WAPO all said Biden was winning. And Trump said he wouldnt leave peacefully. Its called the wrap up smear.

Or Biden is winning this thing an this is Trumps farewell tour where he retires to Israel and travels to Kosovo/Serbie to swim in Trump Lake.

HeresJohnny

Mar 14, 2018
You cant blame Trump for cheating and not giving up power when he wins by a land slide unless you have Soros funded polls showing your guy was the clear cut winner.

What do you think they are going to say when Trump has enough states? There is no way this is happening see the Times and CNN and WAPO all said Biden was winning. And Trump said he wouldnt leave peacefully. Its called the wrap up smear.

Or Biden is winning this thing an this is Trumps farewell tour where he retires to Israel and travels to Kosovo/Serbie to swim in Trump Lake.
One of the two is going to happen. The thing is, the former is more credible than the latter seeing as what the Left has tried to pull for the last four years. Does anyone trust them with anything since they've politicized a pandemic and called the president a Russian asset? Why should we trust anything they or the media have to say given their actions the last four years? I ask my Liberal friends and family members this and they always deflect, but it's a serious question that deserves consideration.

Animagic

Jun 6, 2019
One of the two is going to happen. The thing is, the former is more credible than the latter seeing as what the Left has tried to pull for the last four years. Does anyone trust them with anything since they've politicized a pandemic and called the president a Russian asset? Why should we trust anything they or the media have to say given their actions the last four years? I ask my Liberal friends and family members this and they always deflect, but it's a serious question that deserves consideration.
Media has done themselves a disservice. When I ask people similar questions as you (how can you believe anything media corps say these days) they brush it off and say something like “well, that’s not healthy.”
As if blindly accepting anything presented as “true” without looking into it is “healthy”.

I think a lot of people are scared of traveling down the road of possibility that the media is lying to them.

Reactions: HeresJohnny

KINGMOKU

May 16, 2005
Anyone, and I mean anyone that takes what the media says as truth, and i'll not mince words here, is a fucking dolt.

I am highly suspect of anything the media reports on, but anything the media(any of the large/medium news outlets and their subsidiaries)produces can never be used as a source of information. This includes, but is not limited to;

In depth stories such as seen on 60 minutes, one on one interviews with politicians, celebrities, or personalities.(easily manipulated)or polls done for them/by them.

One sided reporting has become the norm, not the outlier. I remember when FOX news was routinely trashed for it's biased reporting and was seen as the outlier. Now CNN has Don Lemon as an anchor. Don Lemon.

It is what it is, and for the seemingly few of us who get how corrupted the media has become, it has become increasingly aggravating to see the same idiotic talking points used when they are known to be false. Im just hoping enough people wake up to see what the news has actually become;

A champion for large corporate interests, and certain political interests, not reporting to the citizens. Those days are dead.

MrMephistoX

May 18, 2007
Adam Corrolla has an excellent point about this on Megyn Kelly’s new show: 2016 was a referendum on Hollywood’s relevancy in influencing elections and 2020 is a referendum on traditional Media’s power to influence elections.

Last edited:

Sejan

Sep 28, 2018
It’s super tough to say at this point because for the first time in my life I don’t trust media on either side. Fox is too Rosy CNN is too pessimistic and social media is either up Trump’s ass with sunshine or hoping he dies of COVID.

I’d honestly rather just watch PBS News Hour where it’s less panel and debate driven and otherwise rely on Joe Rogan and National Review than have to scroll through endless negative Trump articles on Twitter or Reddit.

I get way more out of discussing things here.

That’s why I suggested comparing the car parades. Obviously, Biden isn’t going to even attempt to hold big rallies with his COVID stances (saving the embarrassment of a small turn out is a bonus). A car rally, however, should be completely COVID safe, but most of the ones for Biden have struggled to get more than 10 cars involved. Trump, in the other hand held on in Florida with an estimated 30,000 vehicles participating.

Another metric that gives a good view of the difference in enthusiasm is Facebook. Not looking at my wall or your wall, but on the recent news articles suggesting that the media being shared on Facebook right now has a heavy lean to the right. This strong rightward lean is despite efforts by Facebook to label much of this right leaning media with left leaning fact checks and other similar tactics that are likely to be intended to discourage sharing this stuff.

I don’t think there is a lot of argument that Trump has the enthusiasm edge, but I do believe that Biden has more people that support him in general. I think overall Biden has the advantage, but Trump could certainly pull it off if his base turns out while Biden’s stays home. An enthusiasm edge is what it would take to accomplish this scenario.

MrMephistoX

May 18, 2007
That’s why I suggested comparing the car parades. Obviously, Biden isn’t going to even attempt to hold big rallies with his COVID stances (saving the embarrassment of a small turn out is a bonus). A car rally, however, should be completely COVID safe, but most of the ones for Biden have struggled to get more than 10 cars involved. Trump, in the other hand held on in Florida with an estimated 30,000 vehicles participating.

Another metric that gives a good view of the difference in enthusiasm is Facebook. Not looking at my wall or your wall, but on the recent news articles suggesting that the media being shared on Facebook right now has a heavy lean to the right. This strong rightward lean is despite efforts by Facebook to label much of this right leaning media with left leaning fact checks and other similar tactics that are likely to be intended to discourage sharing this stuff.

I don’t think there is a lot of argument that Trump has the enthusiasm edge, but I do believe that Biden has more people that support him in general. I think overall Biden has the advantage, but Trump could certainly pull it off if his base turns out while Biden’s stays home. An enthusiasm edge is what it would take to accomplish this scenario.
It’s kind of a confirmation bubble though. I work in tech and have lived in Portland, LA and San Fransisco so all I see is anti-Trump content from people I know aside from folks that wised up and moved to Florida...lol I really would love to move to Orlando too given how locked down we still are :(

Last edited:
Reactions: Captain Zyrain
It’s kind of a confirmation bubble though. I work in tech and have lived in Portland, LA and San Fransisco so all I see is anti-Trump content from people I know aside from folks that wised up and moved to Florida...lol I really would love to move to Orlando too given how locked down we still are :(
It feels like bubbles are everywhere now, to varying degrees. It's hard NOT to put yourself in a bubble. I actively don't, but I can only take so much shrill bitching about every.little.fucking.thing.Trump.does by my friends on the left. The sheer GIDDINESS when he got covid was enough for me to finally mute/hide/unfriend a ton of people, but in that act I am not NOT seeing their perspective on things, and putting myself in more of a bubble.

Because of that I have no real read on this election at all. I've seen more Trump support in CA (of all places) than I have seen ANY Republican support in YEARS. But I see polls that say Biden will have the biggest landslide since Regan. I do see those huge Trump car & boat parades and rallies.. but social media tells me everyone who counts is #TeamWoke.

I have no idea, but I am very tired of it all. The added monkeywrench thrown in of ballot harvesting, illegal voting, stolen ballots.. ugh. If there was a 100% genuine, overwhelming support for Harris/Biden and that is the will of the union, so be it, there is no reason to hold the constitution dear if you're going to toss it away because you don't like the results of the election (even if they're anti-constitutionalists I guess). I dunno. Very tired.

MrMephistoX

May 18, 2007
It feels like bubbles are everywhere now, to varying degrees. It's hard NOT to put yourself in a bubble. I actively don't, but I can only take so much shrill bitching about every.little.fucking.thing.Trump.does by my friends on the left. The sheer GIDDINESS when he got covid was enough for me to finally mute/hide/unfriend a ton of people, but in that act I am not NOT seeing their perspective on things, and putting myself in more of a bubble.

Because of that I have no real read on this election at all. I've seen more Trump support in CA (of all places) than I have seen ANY Republican support in YEARS. But I see polls that say Biden will have the biggest landslide since Regan. I do see those huge Trump car & boat parades and rallies.. but social media tells me everyone who counts is #TeamWoke.

I have no idea, but I am very tired of it all. The added monkeywrench thrown in of ballot harvesting, illegal voting, stolen ballots.. ugh. If there was a 100% genuine, overwhelming support for Harris/Biden and that is the will of the union, so be it, there is no reason to hold the constitution dear if you're going to toss it away because you don't like the results of the election (even if they're anti-constitutionalists I guess). I dunno. Very tired.
You and me both...honestly even here just visit a Bass Pro Shop and you’ll get a totally different slice of America. Agree I’m just tired of social media in general especially after the COVID diagnosis.

• Love
Reactions: Captain Zyrain

Kreen101

Sep 4, 2019
*OR* maybe he just likes visiting his constituents. Maybe because he know it's friendly territory, or maybe he just likes seeing the WHOLE America he represents?
That's not how you spend time and money in the closing days of a campaign. You go to where you are needed to shore up support. Him being there means they think they need to improve their standing in a state they won by ten points 4 years ago.

showernota

Gold Member
Jun 6, 2020
That's not how you spend time and money in the closing days of a campaign. You go to where you are needed to shore up support. Him being there means they think they need to improve their standing in a state they won by ten points 4 years ago.
Maybe the polls are wrong.