• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Trump isn't tweeting crazy shit, and suddenly it feels like there's nothing to talk about

oagboghi2

Apr 15, 2018
You assume I give a single shit what most of you people think? That's cute.

There is only like 4 or 5 people on here whose opinion of me actually matters to me and beyond that it's just a humming noise that I routinely ignore.
Do you still not have the ability to report the people you "clearly" don't care about. :pie_eyeroll:

• Fire
Reactions: desertdroog

llien

Gold Member
Feb 1, 2017
He probably knows there is one hell of a drama in UK parliament, so ordinary BS tweets wouldn't work.

May 22, 2018
Nobody_Important Nobody_Important , as usual, makes the thread about himself.

“Where did I say that?”
“I am the center of all things rational!”
“I....Me....me.....me......”

Open up a window, sucka’. Let me catch my breath.
I didn't make it about me. Other people started coming after me (as usual) and I tried to respond. I even asked for the tweets and statements that were being referred to so I could be more informed on the topic. And even then all I got were insults. But no it's me that's the problem. You're right.

I stay in the thread? I am derailing the thread apparently.

I leave the thread? Well then I am coward who abandons threads apparently.

You people need to make up your mind. Am I allowed to respond to threads or not?

Last edited:
  • Fire
Reactions: <+)O Robido O(+>

DeepEnigma

Gold Member
Dec 3, 2013
You have actually not been paying attention at all haven't you lol holy shit

What does my comments about the prison camps along the border have to do with that thread you linked earlier?

Better yet what does that have to do with Beto and Booker? Because those were the original people we were discussing. In fact those were the tweets and statements I have been asking for tjis WHOLE time and then you FINALLY post a link amd its some random AOC shit from a month or two ago that has nothing to do with what we were talking about.

My God lol You are just pulling shit out of the air and throwing at the wall and hoping it sticks.
He did not just mention Beto and Booker. He mentioned several that I mentioned, and you are playing the coy game of, "I don't think they dun say duh, stuff, duh, like duh Orange Man Bad guy, duh!"

We are talking about stupid shit that was said. You want to narrow it down go ahead, there is NO WAY for anyone to prove what you claim to see.

But for someone who has such strong political opinions, and is invested so heavily to shit talk one side, you sure play dumb as fuck oblivious when it is brought up that the one you prefer says just as dumb shit.

I think they are all fucking blowhards sitting on their ivrory towers milking the stupidity of man.

CeroFrio996

Jun 20, 2019
I didn't make it about me. Other people started coming after me (as usual) and I tried to respond. I even asked for the tweets and statements that were being referred to so I could be more informed on the topic.
They'd prefer you turn tail and run away so they can call you a coward and "win"

Doesnt mean I always think you're right, but it's magnificently transparent what they are doing.

• Fire
Reactions: Nobody_Important

DeepEnigma

Gold Member
Dec 3, 2013
They'd prefer you turn tail and run away so they can call you a coward and "win"

Doesnt mean I always think you're right, but it's magnificently transparent what they are doing.
Don't speak for me. I would rather reach a middle ground with him, truthfully.

May 22, 2018
He did not just mention Beto and Booker. He mentioned several that I mentioned, and you are playing the coy game of, "I don't think they dun say duh, stuff, duh, like duh Orange Man Bad guy, duh!"

We are talking about stupid shit that was said. You want to narrow it down go ahead, there is NO WAY for anyone to prove what you claim to see.

But for someone who has such strong political opinions, and is invested so heavily to shit talk one side, you sure play dumb as fuck oblivious when it is brought up that the one you prefer says just as dumb shit.

I think they are all fucking blowhards sitting on their ivrory towers milking the stupidity of man.
As I have said a few times now I don't support all of them. I don't support Beto or Booker. I fell off the Beto wagon awhile back and I have never really been on board with Booker. I like a few things here and there between them but beyond that? No. Sanders and Harris are the main Dems i support and even THEN I don't follow each and every thing they say or do. I'm not some political savant who has all day everyday to dedicate to politics. And as for the others I obviously like AOC and Ohmar, but I don't agree with everything they say or do. I don't agree with everything ANYONE says or does let alone a politician. And I also don't keep track of everything they say or do.

I see the stuff that makes the headlines and comes across my various social media feeds. So it's just hit or miss on what I see and don't see. And as far as stuff being in threads on here go look at my post history and see how often i am actually here. It's not as often as you might think. I take days off sometimes and other times I might only post once or twice a day and thats it. Sometimes I take even longer between my postings. Especially when I run out of patience. I take breaks. So I am not able to keep track of every single thread that is posted or every bit of news. And when i come back I don't just comb through the threads that I missed while i was away like some people might do. Especially in the Politics section given what's usually posted here. I mostly just see the top threads and that's about it and even then I don't always read them. I usually just respond to the threads that peak my interest at the time for whatever reason.

Last edited:

Barsinister

Gold Member
Jan 16, 2008
USA
I didn't make it about me. Other people started coming after me (as usual) and I tried to respond. I even asked for the tweets and statements that were being referred to so I could be more informed on the topic. And even then all I got were insults. But no it's me that's the problem. You're right.

You people need to make up your mind. Am I allowed to respond to threads or not?
I surmise that I am not one of the four or five people who's opinion you care about. You made it about yourself with the last sentence of your first post in this thread.

I would love to see a week to go by without America being the laughing stock of the world.

This is arrogance. It prompted my response to you. When called out on it, you said this

You assume I give a single shit what most of you people think? That's cute.
It's unbecoming a man such as yourself. Your standards are all over the place. If I could give you a little visual, it's like your head is tilted back and you are looking down your nose at those you deem beneath you. You would be one of the snobs from "Caddyshack" or "Animal House". People want to take you down a peg or two. Can you see that?

• Thoughtful
Reactions: Off Duty Ninja
May 22, 2018
I surmise that I am not one of the four or five people who's opinion you care about. You made it about yourself with the last sentence of your first post in this thread.

This is arrogance. It prompted my response to you. When called out on it, you said this

It's unbecoming a man such as yourself. Your standards are all over the place. If I could give you a little visual, it's like your head is tilted back and you are looking down your nose at those you deem beneath you. You would be one of the snobs from "Caddyshack" or "Animal House". People want to take you down a peg or two. Can you see that?
What does me being tired of America being a laughing stock have to do with the people on Gaf? That's a national thing. Not a Gaf thing.

Me caring what rest of the world thinks of America doesn't have anything to do with me not caring what people on Gaf think of me.

Last edited:

Ornlu

Oct 31, 2018
What does me being tired of America being a laughing stock have to do with the people on Gaf? That's a national thing. Not a Gaf thing.

Me caring what rest of the world thinks of America doesn't have anything to do with me not caring what people on Gaf think of me.
It would seem to me that people who think the USA is a laughingstock aren't all that bright. They are free to express their opinions, of course. However, that doesn't in any way make those opinions correct. I know if there were a single country that simultaneously possessed the most powerful military on the planet, and was the controlling economic interest in the world and I lived elsewhere...I certainly would not think of that country as a laughingstock, even if I loathed them or disagreed with them.

• Thoughtful

NickFire

Mar 12, 2014
As I have said a few times now I don't support all of them. I don't support Beto or Booker. I fell off the Beto wagon awhile back and I have never really been on board with Booker. I like a few things here and there between them but beyond that? No. Sanders and Harris are the main Dems i support and even THEN I don't follow each and every thing they say or do. I'm not some political savant who has all day everyday to dedicate to politics. And as for the others I obviously like AOC and Ohmar, but I don't agree with everything they say or do. I don't agree with everything ANYONE says or does let alone a politician. And I also don't keep track of everything they say or do.

I see the stuff that makes the headlines and comes across my various social media feeds. So it's just hit or miss on what I see and don't see. And as far as stuff being in threads on here go look at my post history and see how often i am actually here. It's not as often as you might think. I take days off sometimes and other times I might only post once or twice a day and thats it. Sometimes I take even longer between my postings. Especially when I run out of patience. I take breaks. So I am not able to keep track of every single thread that is posted or every bit of news. And when i come back I don't just comb through the threads that I missed while i was away like some people might do. Especially in the Politics section given what's usually posted here. I mostly just see the top threads and that's about it and even then I don't always read them. I usually just respond to the threads that peak my interest at the time for whatever reason.
Edit: Never mind. Don't really give a crap about who anyone supports if the list includes AOC. Kind of ironic to worry about US being laughing stock and supporting cow farts lady though.

Last edited:

Barsinister

Gold Member
Jan 16, 2008
USA

Who's laughing a America? Who thinks America is a laughing stock that it would be a relief for you to have it end? All we can do to paint a picture of you is go by how you describe yourself. This is what I have to work with

1. You appear, by your own words mind you, to value other people's opinion of you by extension of their thoughts on America.
2. I, and the majority of posters here, are not in this group of people. In fact the number is so small you can't decide if it's four or five.
3. The disdain for your countrymen and your compatriots on this message board, that you openly and freely spout off about, is either ignorance or malice. I can't decide, so I just paint it a shade of purple.
4. Over and over again you tell us how there are our social and intellectual betters and we need to be in obedience to their whims. It's not always explicit, but I can connect the dots as well as any four year old.
5. The fact you will deny number four is part of the game you play to keep yourself safe from an outright mob.

I don't know man. I only want the best for you and your family. But, it's what you think is best for YOU, not me. I get to decide what's best for me.

highrider

Dec 18, 2010
washington d.c.
It's not just about what other people think. It's about America looking in the mirror and seeing what is going on. The leader of the free world is an orange colored manbaby who loses his shit on Twitter on a weekly basis. He lashes at out at anyone and everyone when he feels slighted like some kind of high school kid throwing a tantrum. He routinely insults other world leaders. He routinely shits on allied countries just as often as he shits on our enemies. He calls murderous dictators friends and dismisses valued allies as incompetent. He has spent nearly a year of his presidency golfing. And that's not even mentioning all of the other racist and inappropriate things he has said and done before and after taking office in a variety if spaces. Oh and by the way his administration also happens to be separating families at the border and throwing human beings in cages like animals. Including innocent children.

If none of that bothers you then that's on you I guess, but I sure as shit care about what is going on right now under Trump. I want it to be done. I want to be able to like my country again.
Yet he’s achieved more in his life than you ever will. I’m always hesitant to call people stupid when they clearly have high intelligence in some areas. But don’t let me distract you from your droning, leftist talking points.

CeroFrio996

Jun 20, 2019
Yet he’s achieved more in his life than you ever will. I’m always hesitant to call people stupid when they clearly have high intelligence in some areas. But don’t let me distract you from your droning, leftist talking points.
How hard is it to achieve when you've been given every leg up in life imaginable? You want to talk about Trump Sr's achievements? That's impressive, still didn't make him any less of an asshole.

Reactions: Nobody_Important

Barsinister

Gold Member
Jan 16, 2008
USA
How hard is it to achieve when you've been given every leg up in life imaginable? You want to talk about Trump Sr's achievements? That's impressive, still didn't make him any less of an asshole.
It's CeroFrio
My O me O
Never had a break in li-ife

The tears
They're a' fallin
Misery's callin'
Boy, what a pitiful sight!

Everybody!

• LOL
Reactions: desertdroog

Eiknarf

Mar 25, 2019
How about JFKs half a billion he received!?! And that guy didn’t do SHIT with his inheritance legacy money. Just became president and got himself shot

Teletraan1

May 17, 2012
Canada
A vast majority of rich people who are just given generational wealth have nothing to give to their kids because they squander it. 70% by second generation, 90% by third.

https://www.marketwatch.com/story/heres-why-90-of-rich-people-squander-their-fortunes-2017-04-23
https://www.nasdaq.com/article/generational-wealth-why-do-70-of-families-lose-their-wealth-in-the-2nd-generation-cm1039671

• Thoughtful
Reactions: Eiknarf

CeroFrio996

Jun 20, 2019
It's CeroFrio
My O me O
Never had a break in li-ife

The tears
They're a' fallin
Misery's callin'
Boy, what a pitiful sight!

Everybody!
No, I'm actually quite privileged. I grew up in an upper middle class family that could afford nice vacations to Hawaii and the east coast. I've had some bumps in the road of life, never went to college because after the markets crashed my folks lost the savings they had.

I dont have to "wow is me" to notice that someone has been given many opportunities in life.

How about JFKs half a billion he received!?! And that guy didn’t do SHIT with his inheritance legacy money. Just became president and got himself shot
Why should I care about JFK? Is he my president?

• LOL
Reactions: bucyou

Eiknarf

Mar 25, 2019
No, I'm actually quite privileged. I grew up in an upper middle class family that could afford nice vacations to Hawaii and the east coast. I've had some bumps in the road of life, never went to college because after the markets crashed my folks lost the savings they had.

I dont have to "wow is me" to notice that someone has been given many opportunities in life.

Why should I care about JFK? Is he my president?
He’s a “democrat” you lefties worship. Yet ironically all that he was would be a republican today

Democrats love republicans

“Ask not what your country can do for you. Ask what you can do for your country”

Would Ilhan Omar and Ocasio pass out if they heard that with their piece of shit ears?

Barsinister

Gold Member
Jan 16, 2008
USA

It's CeroFrio
My O me O
Had every break in li-ife

Parents savings went tits up
And he's a grownup
Now his basement apartment's not nice.

Now tell me about all the money you're making......

#Phonepunk#

Gold Member
Sep 4, 2018
hey guys just found out Trump LIED to the American public by FALSIFYING hurricane data

this is horrible. i always look to no one but the AMERICAN PRESIDENT for weather data. when Obama was president, he didn't try to LIE to us, he always gave us the accurate weather of the day.

tbh this sounds like another Russian plot. perhaps they created the hurricane in the first place. well done, Putin. once again our country is sold out to the HURRICANE COMMUNISTS. is this your doing, MOSCOW MITCH? huh????

i clutch my crying eagle statue as i watch America LITERALLY FALLING TO PIECES

someone help! Chris Evans, where are you?????

Last edited:
  • LOL
Reactions: Teletraan1

highrider

Dec 18, 2010
washington d.c.
I know, it’s so much easier to think of him as an incompetent buffoon. I’m just saying he’s made billions of dollars, and is now looking at an easy second term as president. There’s no leg up that gets you that. It helps of course, but it’s foolish to think he’s not highly skilled in business because he clearly is.

Aurelian

my friends call me "Cunty"
Feb 22, 2009
Ottawa, Canada
Yeah, he should jut make kindergarten craft bracelets for a man who cares so little about him that he can't even remember his name.

Most of the "unprofessional" things Trump does are just the normal oddities of a president. There was never a consummate professional in office.
Er, no. That's flat-out false and nothing more than equivocation. Look back at Obama's tweets during office and you don't see him whining about football players, fighting over TV ratings, implying Congresspeople aren't Americans and otherwise engaging in pissing contests that make 12-year-olds seem restrained. No President is completely professional all the time, but you can be damn sure Obama is and was far more dignified than Trump will ever be.

Reactions: Gandara

Joe T.

Oct 3, 2004
Montreal, Quebec
Er, no. That's flat-out false and nothing more than equivocation. Look back at Obama's tweets during office and you don't see him whining about football players, fighting over TV ratings, implying Congresspeople aren't Americans and otherwise engaging in pissing contests that make 12-year-olds seem restrained. No President is completely professional all the time, but you can be damn sure Obama is and was far more dignified than Trump will ever be.
Generally speaking this is one of the clearest divides between the pro and anti-Trump crowd in my experience - one side prioritizes public image above all else, even if it means swallowing empty promises and giant helpings of BS, while the other side prioritizes action over words, meaning that he gets away with more than any president before him because he's delivering on the promises he made during the election campaign. If given the option, would you excuse Obama for some poor language/behavior if it meant more of his campaign promises came to fruition like, for example, comprehensive immigration reform?

People were so tired of politics as usual that they elected a man as flawed as Trump. That should have been the biggest takeaway from 2016, not that half the country is a Nazi. Don't forget why people were driven to that point.

Cybrwzrd

Anime waifu panty shots are basically the same thing as paintings of the french baroque masters, if you think about it.
Sep 29, 2014
The usual suspects were circle jerking about Alabama today on Fark.com . There is plenty of material for them even on a slow day

Shmunter

Aug 25, 2018

I standby your right to express whatever you think is important. And that includes wildly differing opinions. I can see you’re not an impetuous child so I’m not sure why you get a hard run. I don’t look at posting history, only current interactions.

Shmunter

Aug 25, 2018
People shouldn’t underestimate the salt of the earth appeal Trump has through his lack of political speak and diplomacy. Politicians 99% of the time use doublespeak, trumps boorishness is at least obvious in its intent, not to mention usually good for a laugh.

He’s brutishness is possibly also an asset in so as showing he cannot be easily taken advantage off by the opposition or other nations.

Trump 2020 almost guaranteed.

Last edited:
Reactions: Eiknarf and pramod

NickFire

Mar 12, 2014
no. That was from him on my FB feed a bit before I posted it.
I ended up seeing it after. Clown World must be ramping up for It 2. I've seen some petty shit the last few years, but stories about Orange Man bad cause weather predictions, WOW!

Christopher

Mar 19, 2005
I feel like "Hey guys the President of the United States of America isn't Tweeting insane bullshit on Twitter this week!" is the single greatest "What the actual fuck has the world come to" statement anyone can make at this point.

I cannot wait for things to go back to a relative normal. I would love to see a week to go by without America being the laughing stock of the world.
Cringe.

• LOL
Reactions: pramod

mcjmetroid

Feb 11, 2019
Limerick, Ireland

Like to be honest, I don't join in the politics section much and I don't agree with you a lot of the time from what I've seen but in saying that having a good rounded debate no matter what point of view is what seperates Neogaf from the other forum where discussion is shut down by bans because they can't debate themselves out of their safe spaces.

Keep it up. It's nice to see opposite points of view.