• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Trump Jr and assistant sent WL decrypt key by email

dolabla

Looks like CNN reported fake news: https://www.washingtonpost.com/amph...dc2356-dc37-11e7-a841-2066faf731ef_story.html

A 2016 email sent to President Trump and top aides pointed the campaign to hacked documents from the Democratic National Committee that had already been made public by the group WikiLeaks a day earlier.

The email — sent the afternoon of Sept. 14, 2016 — noted that "Wikileaks has uploaded another (huge 678 mb) archive of files from the DNC" and included a link and a "decryption key," according to a copy obtained by The Washington Post.

The full email — which was first described to CNN as being sent on Sept. 4, 10 days earlier — indicates that the writer may have simply been flagging information that was already widely available.

The message also noted that information from former secretary of state Colin Powell's inbox was available "on DCLeaks.com." That development, too, had been publicly reported earlier that day.

Alan S. Futerfas, an attorney for Trump Jr., described it as one of "a ton of unsolicited emails like this on a variety of topics."

Ubername

Banned
Yep. extremely misleading at the very least. Media smells blood in the water and is rushing stories out. This is the second time in about as many weeks a mainstream outlet has falsely reported what could be seen as a smoking gun. Not helping anyone.

This whole "Russia interfered" thing is fake news, it matters not what the deciding factors in the 2016 election were, we get what we get.

Merry

Neo Member
This whole "Russia interfered" thing is fake news, it matters not what the deciding factors in the 2016 election were, we get what we get.

How is something that factually happened fake news? Every major intelligence agency under the sun says Russia interfered with the election. You might not care to take action but it does not make it fake or false.

David___

Banned
How is something that factually happened fake news? Every major intelligence agency under the sun says Russia interfered with the election. You might not care to take action but it does not make it fake or false.

It's 2017. Facts are only based on feelings rather than actual reality.

Every little thing that disturbs those feelings are part of the deep state run by (((Soros)))
and globalists.

llien

Fake in what way?
McCain: Russian interference in U.S. election an 'attack on our democracy'. Putin used social media to 'sow chaos and divide Americans'

Russian meddling is a fact.
The actual leverage is not measurable and up to everyone to speculate.

PS
I'm very disappointed with the way NSA/CIA acted, regardless of Obama's "fair play" intent (I was told, the president was reluctant because revealing Trump-Russia links investigation could influence elections, ironic)

David___

Banned

Its fake news yet it's literally right out of their playbook

In the United States:

Russia should use its special services within the borders of the United States to fuel instability and separatism, for instance, provoke "Afro-American racists". Russia should "introduce geopolitical disorder into internal American activity, encouraging all kinds of separatism and ethnic, social and racial conflicts, actively supporting all dissident movements – extremist, racist, and sectarian groups, thus destabilizing internal political processes in the U.S. It would also make sense simultaneously to support isolationist tendencies in American politics."

Moneal

I'm not familiar with medium.com, but brietbart has the exact same article headline. Any reputable news sites reporting the same story?

https://www.nytimes.com/2017/06/25/...on-russia-frustrate-even-his-allies.html?_r=0

Just scroll down to the end of the article.

"The assessment was made by four intelligence agencies — the Office of the Director of National Intelligence, the Central Intelligence Agency, the Federal Bureau of Investigation and the National Security Agency. The assessment was not approved by all 17 organizations in the American intelligence community."

gohepcat

Banned
I mean...which is it.

I only see “mainstream media” actually retracting stories. I don’t see batshit places like Breitbart or YouTubers or the fucking president of the United States ever issue a retraction when they say something wrong.

Dude Abides

Banned
The Trumptards is this thread are easy to spot.

They aren't smart enough for subtlety.

As if semantic quibbling about the exact number of intelligence agencies is more imprtant than the fact that every agency that investigated agreed there were Russian attempts to influence the election.

xStoyax

Banned
Are you really so bereft of standards that you are not embarrassed to post something like that? Why not just post an Infowars video?
What do you consider reliable news sources?

What? Are you suggesting that video is fake? Do you want the Young Turks vid talking about it?

What about WeAreChange? Is that lefty enough for you to see the truth when you're presented it? https://wearechange.org/leaked-audio-hillary-clinton-proposed-rigging-palestinian-2006-election/

gohepcat

Banned
What? Are you suggesting that video is fake? Do you want the Young Turks vid talking about it?

What about WeAreChange? Is that lefty enough for you to see the truth when you're presented it? https://wearechange.org/leaked-audio-hillary-clinton-proposed-rigging-palestinian-2006-election/

I don’t know ether of those sources.

PBS? NPR? BBC? You know, ..news organizations that I have actually been around longer than say...10 years?
I’ll give you a hint: Real news....is usually pretty fucking boring, and the people delivering it are usually talking like grown-ups.

RefigeKru

Banned
It's pretty obvious that Russia meddled in the US election, much like it's obvious that they had a hand in Brexit too.

The extent at which they meddled and/or colluded with select individuals? That is debatable although I thought the entire thrust of the Mueller investigation was to eventually reveal just how far it went.

Top Bottom