• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Trump Just Nuked Bloomberg From Orbit

DKehoe

Jun 19, 2007
I can’t believe people think Bloomberg has a shot. As an American it’s the funniest thing.

Trump would win vs him in a landslide it’s not even close
Its crazy how much money is going to be wasted on that campaign. And it’s not like with Yang where he’s not going to win but he’s at least started some conversations about things and championed concepts he’s passionate about, like UBI, that could have an impact down the line. Nothing worthwhile is going to come of this.

X-Fighter

Jan 10, 2020
Trump is not a Racist, so saying it is Ironic that he is calling out a racist means nothing.

Unless you have evidence that he is racist, would love to hear it.
What would you call a person that says to people of color they should go back where they came from? Even though they are from America. Or when he said that Mexico sends their worst people, most of the rapists and a few of them good "pie_tears_joy:

ManaByte

Gold Member
Jun 10, 2004
Southern California
mcucosmic.com
What would you call a person that says to people of color they should go back where they came from? Even though they are from America. Or when he said that Mexico sends their worst people, most of the rapists and a few of them good "pie_tears_joy:
What would you call a person who ignores context for internet outrage?

Bolivar687

Jun 13, 2014
USA
Or when he began getting minorities out of jail for nonviolent drug offenses and creating an economy where almost all of them have jobs.

X-Fighter

Jan 10, 2020
What would you call a person who ignores context for internet outrage?
What context? First case the context is that they were criticising Trump's administration, on which he replied "if you are not happy here then just leave, go back to where you came from" "pie_tears_joy: Such a constructive way of replying to comments on your administration.

Or when he began getting minorities out of jail for nonviolent drug offenses and creating an economy where almost all of them have jobs.
One has nothing to do with the other... I mean sure he did great things for the American economy, and you are right about the First Step Act, but that doesn't mean that if you do a positive thing for minorities that it's then OK to tweet racist messages.

Last edited:

Airola

Jun 25, 2015
Finland
What context? First case the context is that they were criticising Trump's administration, on which he replied "if you are not happy here then just leave, go back to where you came from" "pie_tears_joy: Such a constructive way of replying to comments on your administration.
"So interesting to see 'progressive' Democrat congresswomen, who originally came from countries whose governments are a complete and total catastrophe, the worst, most corrupt and inept anywhere in the world (if they even have a functioning government at all), now loudly and viciously telling the people of the United States, the greatest and most powerful nation on earth, how our government is to be run. Why don't they go back and help fix the totally broken and crime-infested places from which they came. Then come back and show us how it is done."

Trump's absolutely right there. And just because they have a different skin color doesn't make what he said to be about their race or ethnicity at all.

You are spreading false information out of context.

DunDunDunpachi

Patient MembeR
Apr 18, 2018
USA
dunpachi.com
"So interesting to see 'progressive' Democrat congresswomen, who originally came from countries whose governments are a complete and total catastrophe, the worst, most corrupt and inept anywhere in the world (if they even have a functioning government at all), now loudly and viciously telling the people of the United States, the greatest and most powerful nation on earth, how our government is to be run. Why don't they go back and help fix the totally broken and crime-infested places from which they came. Then come back and show us how it is done."

Trump's absolutely right there. And just because they have a different skin color doesn't make what he said to be about their race or ethnicity at all.

Yeahbut that's a dog whistle with racist historical connotations which you simply cannot ignore because that would mean I can't arbitrarily hold it over your head. Trying to ignore it only paints you as the true racist, which is a roundabout way of admitting that I would rather paint my opponents as evil instead of reexamining my unfounded presuppositions.

Airola

Jun 25, 2015
Finland
Yeahbut that's a dog whistle with racist historical connotations which you simply cannot ignore because that would mean I can't arbitrarily hold it over your head. Trying to ignore it only paints you as the true racist, which is a roundabout way of admitting that I would rather paint my opponents as evil instead of reexamining my unfounded presuppositions.
It's funny and sad how in a world where we should look past skin color the people who are calling out racism are actually making people even more self-aware of their skin color.

It's like if someone says something negative about someone, someone else comes and points his finger at that person's face and says "see what your skin color is, he's saying negative things about you because of that!"

Cybrwzrd

Anime waifu panty shots are basically the same thing as paintings of the french baroque masters, if you think about it.
Sep 29, 2014
I don't even need a Geiger counter to tell that this new one is radioactive.

For fucks sake, less than a dozen posts into poliGAF and the mask's already off.

X-Fighter

Jan 10, 2020

Lol, that's like saying that Trump shouldn't comment on European economics since that's where he came from. He should first go to Europe, and fix stuff there before giving comments on how Obama was running things.

And again, those congresswomen are from America, and indeed somewhere in their family tree they have ancestors from a foreign country. But that has nothing to do with their comments, he's saying that they don't have a right to give comments due to their heritage.

DunDunDunpachi

Patient MembeR
Apr 18, 2018
USA
dunpachi.com
It's funny and sad how in a world where we should look past skin color the people who are calling out racism are actually making people even more self-aware of their skin color.

It's like if someone says something negative about someone, someone else comes and points his finger at that person's face and says "see what your skin color is, he's saying negative things about you because of that!"
Modern discussion often resorts to juvenile logical fallacies. The example you gave is "poisoning the well". I find myself repeating these observations so often that I wonder if folks ever covered the basics of logic and formal debate in school. Surely they grazed the topics in geometry (proofs) and/or in literature (judging the context and message of a piece, and then supporting your interpretation) and/or in history (judging the context of a time-period and then supporting your interpretation of the events), etc.

The problem you have, is that when you are performing purity tests on everyone and everything, past and present, real and fictional, you need to be the purest of them all.

This is an impossible standard, of course.
But it takes a rational mind to realise that.
But how can you say to your black brother "here, let me take the mote out of thine eye" without removing the systemic oppression caused by the light-skinned man who probably put the speck in his eye in the first place?
-- Jesus, probably.

Last edited:
  • Thoughtful
Reactions: Ryujin

KINGMOKU

May 16, 2005
Why is it always the same response when asked this question?

Every single time. Is "both sides" next up?

It's as if context means nothing.

X-Fighter

Jan 10, 2020
The problem you have, is that when you are performing purity tests on everyone and everything, past and present, real and fictional, you need to be the purest of them all.

This is an impossible standard, of course.
But it takes a rational mind to realise that.
What you are saying is, who are we to judge. Sure, I can understand that response, but that kills every way of discussing someone's actions or behaviour. When is it appropriate to "perform a purity test"? Where is the line?

Teletraan1

May 17, 2012
Canada
Why is it always the same response when asked this question?

Every single time. Is "both sides" next up?

It's as if context means nothing.
They forgot to mention the Central Park 5. It is a smoking gun. Nobody but Trump thought they were guilty and he only thought they were guilty because of their race. Nothing else. I have peered into his soul and it told me as much.

DunDunDunpachi

Patient MembeR
Apr 18, 2018
USA
dunpachi.com
Rationality is mostly subjective on a personal level.
The standards of "rationality" have been openly discussed and debated for 1000s of years.

While individual examples might be subjective, to say that rationality is "mostly subjective" is ignorant. Humanity developed the metaphysical ideal of "rationality" specifically to counter everyone's natural, subjective viewpoint.