• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Trump lashes out at Sessions for "Very weak" position on Clinton crimes

http://www.cnn.com/2017/07/25/politics/donald-trump-jeff-sessions-hillary-clinton/index.html
Donald J. Trump @realDonaldTrump

Attorney General Jeff Sessions has taken a VERY weak position on Hillary Clinton crimes (where are E-mails & DNC server) & Intel leakers!
President Donald Trump lashed out at his attorney general and Justice Department in an extraordinary outburst on Twitter Tuesday morning, continuing his public shaming of Jeff Sessions while appearing to prod the nation's top law enforcement official to investigate Hillary Clinton, his 2016 election opponent.

The President -- who has recently decried what he says is a double standard between the scrutiny over his associates' interaction with Russian officials and the investigation into Clinton's use of a private email server while secretary of state -- railed against Sessions' "very weak position" on prosecuting Clinton's "crimes." He also suggested that the acting head of the FBI, Andrew McCabe, was compromised and politically biased against him.
Recuse myself if old.

he should just come out and say I want Sessions out because he recused himself and I want to appoint a new AG who will kill the Russia investigation

shiba5

So he fired Comey because he was too mean to Clinton, but now Sessions gotta go because he isn't investigating her. Uh dur.

He just wants to get rid of Sessions so he can fire Mueller.

Kinyou

Trump backed down from his own (ridiculous) promise to appoint a special prosecutor to investigate Clinton. Why is he even mad?

Fergie

Banned
Constantly talks about loyalty but is the least person to have it except if it's family.

Have to wonder how many politicans and senior officials dislike this man but keep it hidden.

What's on July 27th? I looked over on T_D to see if they've started devouring their own yet by order of their master and all the comments on this article are like "omg July 27th! It's coming!!!". ???

What Clinton crimes? What has she been indicted/convicted of? Although Trump used the word in his tweet, your title is misleading, OP. "Crimes" should be in quotes.

Codeblue

I can't believe I'm saying this but i kind of want Sessions to stay in office

I don't want Sessions to stay in office, but I don't want him to resign and make it easy on Trump. If he wants Sessions out, he needs to actively fire him so the obstruction is clear.

meppi

Keep burning those bridges asshole!
I'm looking forward to how all this will turn against him one day.

Sadly, that day doesn't seem to want to come sooner.

Mahonay

Banned
I don't want Sessions to stay in office, but I don't want him to resign and make it easy on Trump. If he wants Sessions out, he needs to actively fire him so the obstruction is clear.
This would be the only scenario where it would be good if Sessions got fired. If it helps incriminate Trump.

I can't believe I'm saying this but i kind of want Sessions to stay in office

Well, a reminder that for someone to actually be worse than Sessions, they need to be willing to do everything Sessions is doing, AND have no ties to Russia AND have a hard-on for prosecuting Hillary.

So, worst-case scenario, we have a good shot at Cruz's Senate seat.

How many bridges does Trump have left to burn? The man speak of loyalty like a Game of Thrones character but he has absolutely none for anyone that isn't his own blood, and even then I'd wonder how far that will take them

War Peaceman

You're a big guy.
How many bridges does Trump have left to burn? The man speak of loyalty like a Game of Thrones character but he has absolutely none for anyone that isn't his own blood, and even then I'd wonder how far that will take them

Everytime he has burned someone he has still come out the victor - this is the behaviour that Republicans have enabled. I can't blame him for thinking it will work.

Kurdel

Banned
We are starting to see the temporary truce of Trump and the GOP break at the seams.

Can’t pass legislation and running out of Dems to blame, it’s only natural he eats his own.

johnsmith

remember me
Breitbart to Trump
iCMF7MG.gif

Trump’s Attack on Sessions over Clinton Prosecution Highlights His Own 'Weak' Stance
http://www.breitbart.com/big-govern...osecution-highlights-his-own-weak-stance/amp/

Nipo

Trump doesn't actually want Sessions to leave until the Senate goes to recess. Then he will do a recess appointment to bypass confirmation hearings and kill the special investigation.

The funny thing is Sessions couldn't even offer a token concession by offering to open a new investigation into Clinton, because he knows it's going to come up inconclusive at best and fail to generate a conviction, which is what Trump is so very transparently demanding.

In Trump's world an investigation's results are not based on finding the truth or following due process, but purely based on "loyalty". The failure to find evidence to convict Clinton was not a result of her being innocent, it was a a result of betrayal. This isn't just the world the man lives in--and let's face it, is forcing all of us into--it's the world he wants to live in.

What a repugnant human being.

Top Bottom