• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Trump lost my vote

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nokagi

Unconfirmed Member
Glad you finally came around. Took you long enough but thankfully you did it before the election.

Pandering? If you actually researched him you would know how racist and sexist he's been for decades.

I'm glad you aren't voting for him but it just makes me sad it took this long.

GutsOfThor

As I said, I was under the impression that he was pandering to a certain audience and would not actually carry these ideals with him to the presidential election.

Why the fuck would you support someone who has to pander to those kinds of people in the first place!?

I mean I'm glad you finally came around but still....

As I said, I was under the impression that he was pandering to a certain audience and would not actually carry these ideals with him to the presidential election.
You're okay with him rallying and emboldening white supremacists if it just turns out to be a sham later? That's danger, irresponsible, and ignorant thinking.

Y2Kev

TLG Fan Caretaker Est. 2009
I don't think it's right to blame or critique people for coming to the right conclusion slowly. At least they got there. There are certainly issues I've been wrong on in the past and I give myself credit for getting to right. Hillary is the same. At least you are doing the right thing when it matters.

Good job, OP. Donald Trump would be a huge disaster for our democracy.

Transcripts of Clinton behind doors have been leaked. Turns out she's not particularly a different candidate privately or publicly. She has nuanced positions as any seasoned politician does.

This Crooked Hilary stuff is just the same old propaganda.

I'm just going to say good and about time because my full response to someone who was actively voting for Trump up to this point would not be polite and honestly likely not benefit anyone to hear.

So you thought his sexist and racist comments before was just "pandering"? Smh. I'm not going to spit in the face of an ex-Trump supporter but it seriously is ridiculous that it took people until now to see him for who he is.

OP do you get your news from only a few sources?

Servbot24

Banned

Amazing.

Trump's "I admit I am evil, therefore you can trust me" strategy paying off.

I am glad that you came around in time though.

RowdyReverb

Republicans have done a fantastic job of making Hillary look really bad, like close to Trump level of unfavorables bad. She's also done a pretty good job of being secretive and some questionable decisions in pursuit of her ambitions.

So it's no surprise that some people were still on the fence at this late stage. No need to pile on to someone who has seen the light.

Well if you come from the perspective of focusing on something like fiscal conservatism, I can see that it would be hard to completely let go of Trump and vote for Clinton.

I really doubt most educated and reasonable republican/republican-leaning people, are having an easy time with their decision.
Thank you for understanding
Pretty much.

Though I'm not sure what op expected, frankly.
I didn't expect this thread to get that hot that quickly, tbh. Perhaps this would have fit better in a more neutral forum.

Despera

Banned
How the fauq do you make a thread about how Trump lost your vote, and essentially make a Trump trademarked "crooked Hillary" line at the same time.

You sound like Trumps seed is already growing in you.

Carnby

I don't think it's right to blame or critique people for coming to the right conclusion slowly. At least they got there. There are certainly issues I've been wrong on in the past and I give myself credit for getting to right. Hillary is the same. At least you are doing the right thing when it matters.

Well said.

Let's not dog pile OP for coming to their senses.

He didn't get there, though. He's not voting for Trump, but that's not all "getting there" is about. OP still thinks it would have been totally fine if Trump was getting white supremacists all stirred up as long as it was just being done as a political tactic and not from a genuine place, and that's still really fucked up.

Acerac

Banned
I didn't expect this thread to get that hot that quickly, tbh. Perhaps this would have fit better in a more neutral forum.
It'd probably have been less messy, though in all fairness Trump being as terrible as he is polarizes opinions pretty hard.

royalan

One candidate attacked a gold star family.
One candidate made fun of a disabled man at his rallies.
One candidate told his supporters that if they beat up protesters at his rallies he'd pay their legal fees.
One candidate disavowed David Duke with the same passion I have when I disavow still having sex with my ex that all my friends hate.
One candidate suggested that his supporters could try and kill Hillary Clinton.
One candidate made fun of a war hero for being captured.
One candidate refers to an entire race of people as rapists FIRST, then later assumes that maybe a few are good people.
One candidate wants to ban an entire religion from the country.
One candidate referred to blacks protesting against being killed in the streets as race riots.
One candidate has suggested to his supporters that they should "watch" polling places in minority neighborhoods to make sure people are "voting correctly."
One candidate approved psychologically damaging "Conversion therapy" be included on the Republican platform.
One candidate insists that our first Black President is not actually American.
One candidate has slandered a former Miss Universe he previously weight-shamed and suggested she had a sex tape that people should look for. A sex tape that doesn't exist.
One candidate took out a full-page ad calling for 4 black and 1 latino men to be executed for a rape they would later be exonerated for. He still insists they're guilty as recently as two days ago.
One candidate has made fun of his opponent for being sick on the campaign trail.
One candidate has insisted that an entire race of Americans are living in hell and if you walk down their streets you'll be shot.
One candidate thinks it's OK to grab women "by the pussy" because he's famous.

But "both sides are slimy" huh?

Let's not all jump in the guy. Glad he finally saw the light. Please tell your friends and family why you have come to this conclusion and they should as well.

When someone says 'Yes, I now understand', you're supposed to be supportive and welcoming, not use it as another excuse to browbeat or shame them.

I guess this is true. Sorry OP

One candidate told his supporters that if they beat up protesters at his rallies he'd pay their legal fees.
One candidate disavowed David Duke with the same passion I have when I disavow still having sex with my ex that all my friends hate.
One candidate refers to an entire race of people as rapists FIRST, then later assumes that maybe a few are good people.
One candidate referred to blacks protesting against being killed in the streets as race riots.
One candidate has suggested to his supporters that they should "watch" polling places in minority neighborhoods to make sure people are "voting correctly."
One candidate approved psychologically damaging "Conversion therapy" be included on the Republican platform.
One candidate has slandered a former Miss Universe he previously weight-shamed and suggested she had a sex tape that people should look forward. A sex tape that doesn't exist.
One candidate took out a full-page ad calling for 4 black and 1 latino men to be executed for a rape they would later be exonerated for. He still insists they're guilty as recently as two days ago.
One candidate has made fun of his opponent for being sick on the campaign trail.
One candidate has insisted that an entire race of Americans are living in hell and if you walk down their streets you'll be shot.

BUT EMAILS!!!!

BILL!!!!

BENGHAZI!!

GAF is going to have him voting for Trump again before the thread is over lol

lol not going to lie, HillGAF does not treat individuals that were okay with racism and sexism well only after the latest event changed their eyes. Maybe 3 months ago. But not now. But I say let's give everyone a pass. More non-Trump people the better.

Durden77

This is good. It's taken far too long for some American people, but thank you for sharing, especially on GAF which I'm sure must be hard for you. This is America, everyone has a right to an opinion. Everyone.

I'm glad your opinion has changed to understand that Trump is simply not good for the future of the American people.

Well I'm glad blatant bragging about sexual assault was the turning point, but is this really a thread where OP says "Hillary is crooked, I can just tell" like literally everyone else who wants to vote Trump? She's corrupt in imagined ways worse than the man who lobbied for tax changes so he wouldn't have to pay taxes anymore?

Everyone sees through that shit but you, man.

Why do people who consider themselves neutral always end up actually being (very) rightwing?

Is it ignorance? Is it arrogance ('I'm above left or right durrr')? Don't kid yourself.

It's because the left punishes ideological deviance more stringently than the left, so you perceive centrists as further right than they actually are.

If you need proof, see this thread where the guy who's said he's voting for your candidate id getting dogpiled because he didn't do it sooner. That's... not exactly how you win elections, guys. And your inability to model someone for whom the tape might be a last straw in switching support, when everything else before wasn't, impedes your ability to be persuasive and make change.

(incidentally, I also have no idea why the tape is more persuasive than anything else, but I'm pretty curious to know rather than attacking a guy who's finally provisionally against the cheeto fascist).

IJoel

Blows my mind that this egotistical, narcissistic, mysoginistic, xenophobic, racist, opportunistic, bullying, and lying individual had your support at any point in time. He's truly irredeemable. It's truly mind blowing he has as much support as he does.

Trojan

What if he knocks this debate out of the park?

I think the chances of that are slim to none. He has to try and prepare with this embarrassing bombshell hanging over his head, plus the fact that Trump struggles in one-on-one debates to begin with. Then factor in the Town Hall setup, which makes it awkward as hell to do too many personal attacks which is Trump'a only saving grace in this debate.

I think he's going to get dunked on again by HRC. Will enjoy the meltdowns.

There's nothing wrong with telling the dude WHY Trump was a shithead, but at least he arrived at the table. Most people don't even do that shit.

As a native Tenesseeian I have seen this logic thrown around a lot. It seems that the closer we get to Election Day the easier it is for people to notice Trump ain't foolin' for the cameras.

joe2187

Banned

thats even worse.

actually no wait. that's not worse, that's the stupidest thing I've ever heard.

You thought that he was "deceiving" those ignorant, xenophobic, racist, supremacist, misogynistic, dunderheads as a way to somehow sway them to his favor for the republican side (whom they would have voted for regardless of who was the nominee just on spite and principal alone) and then do a 180 while in office of his entire campaign, despite everything?

No...no

You didnt believe he was "Pandering" if you were voting for Trump, it wasn't because you thought he would "show his true self" in office. That's....that's the most asinine thing I've ever heard out of the trump supporters so far.

Why would you vote for someone on the assumption that he "might be just acting" like a piece of shit for votes.

fucking christ the mental gymnastics

Bernie had my initial vote and then Clinton.

That being said, I can see where OP was/is coming from.

While I knew Trump was a piece of shit, I could see why some people believed he was just a talking head for the RNC/GOP Just a face, a puppet.

I have coworkers don't have no problem attacking Clinton for being "establishment" but won't accept that trump is the the other side of the same coin, no matter how much garbage is thrown out there regarding him buying out politicians/attorneys.

I have coworkers that believe it was all an act...

I always told them that he may be an act, but pieces of shit like Pence would be in the background making decisions and they are not an act.

Fracas

#fuckonami
Pretty incredible that this is the straw that broke the camel's back for you, but I'll take it anyway.

You made the right choice. Every minority group thanks you.

Servbot24

Banned

If by neutral, you mean a forum with more people accepting of Trump's bigotry... that is not neutrality. Trump's views are not deserving of equal validation.

Johndoey

Banned
One candidate has slandered a former Miss Universe he previously weight-shamed and suggested she had a sex tape that people should look forward. A sex tape that doesn't exist.

Exactly OP at the very best sounds incredibly naïve.

At least you have a line for him to cross. Thanks for the change of heart. Some supporters of his are just unreasonable.

Now make it count by going to the polls.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom