• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.
  • Hi Guest. We've rebooted and consolidated our Communities section, so be sure to check it out and subscribe to some threads. Thanks!

Trump makes way for Turkey operation against Kurds in Syria

ChuckeRearmed

Jan 31, 2018
Well as kurds are not united group anyway - more like a group of multiple tribes and communities - they have no chances without external support which will drag everything forever.

If kurds were more competent at wars - but like all middle eastern states they can't fight - it would be a separate question. Without coalition, kurds by itself has never been a serious war component.

Last edited:

IKSTUGA

Jan 9, 2019
What a shit situation. Both Trump and Erdogan are to blame. I would have given Trump a pass here, if only he hadn't sent troops earlier to Saudi Arabia to protect the oil fields. It's pretty clear he's non-interventionist only when it's convenient for him.

TheContact

Jan 22, 2016
Can't wait for Dems to defend endless wars
you act as if trump pulled every soldier out of the Middle East. He pulled 50 in a defensive position that were protecting the kurds. Let’s see if he actually starts withdrawing troops elsewhere before you start defending him

Dunki

Oct 24, 2017
No, moreso Europe.

Go ahead and contribute. Any time now.
What kind of childish answer is this? Just because we fucked up and we did., does not mean you also can fuck up#

I always was more on Trump side when he demanded Europe to also invest more money into millitary accodring to the Nato contracts. They did not and I blame Merkel adn co for this. But because we fucked up does not mean you should abandon innocent people who are now getting fucking massacred.

Why is no one angry with Turkey?
It is like China only worse.

Modern Hitler has been freed through this and if you thought climate change is a threat to the world wait for Erdogan

Last edited:

DunDunDunpachi

Patient MembeR
Apr 18, 2018
USA
dunpachi.com
What kind of childish answer is this? Just because we fucked up and we did., does not mean you also can fuck up#

I always was more on Trump side when he demanded Europe to also invest more money into millitary accodring to the Nato contracts. They did not and I blame Merkel adn co for this. But because we fucked up does not mean you should abandon innocent people who are now getting fucking massacred.

It is like China only worse.

Modern Hitler has been freed through this and if you thought climate change is a threat to the world wait for Erdogan
Like I said, step up. Our allied governments have lambasted us and their citizens have mocked us for our warmongering (i.e. sending our citizens to die so you can still have relatively cheap oil without having to rely so much on Russia). What have your governments contributed, and what do we get out of it? Criticism when we stay and criticism when we leave. The USA has no real strategic or mercantile interest in the middle east anymore. We #1 fossil fuel exporters baby.

So excuse us if we stop patching up all the conflicts in the region left over from European colonialism and the breakup of the Ottoman empire.

Ornlu

Oct 31, 2018
which what kind of Army? Speaking of Germany 90% of military Equipment does not function in Germany. Germany could be taken by Poland in 3 days or so. We are not capable to do anything
Sounds like Germany should have spent the amount of money they promised when they signed up to NATO, instead of pretending it wasn't a thing for decades.

Dunki

Oct 24, 2017
Like I said, step up. Our allied governments have lambasted us and their citizens have mocked us for our warmongering (i.e. sending our citizens to die so you can still have relatively cheap oil without having to rely so much on Russia). What have your governments contributed, and what do we get out of it? Criticism when we stay and criticism when we leave. The USA has no real strategic or mercantile interest in the middle east anymore. We #1 fossil fuel exporters baby.

So excuse us if we stop patching up all the conflicts in the region left over from European colonialism and the breakup of the Ottoman empire.

The problem is that he did this in 24 hours basically. There was no time to prepare. And Now Hitler can do everything he wants. EU is being silenced because of the migration deal they made with ERdogan back then. Everyone knew he will use this against the EU but everyone kept quiet. If he gave a timeframe like a year or so people could prepare. No everything goes down and Erdogan andvances just like Hitler did. And you know who needs to rescue Europe again then? The US. And guess how many people will die if he calls for a wordlwide Jihad which he will.

Sounds like Germany should have spent the amount of money they promised when they signed up to NATO, instead of pretending it wasn't a thing for decades.
I know this you know this but this is not helping. Fact is there is no way Europe can help at all.

Last edited:
Reactions: Lamel

DunDunDunpachi

Patient MembeR
Apr 18, 2018
USA
dunpachi.com
The problem is that he did this in 24 hours basically. There was no time to prepare. And Now Hitler can do everything he wants. EU is being silenced because of the migration deal they made with ERdogan back then. Everyone knew he will use this against the EU but everyone kept quiet. If he gave a timeframe like a year or so people could prepare. No everything goes down and Erdogan andvances just like Hitler did. And you know who needs to rescue Europe again then? The US. And guess how many people will die if he calls for a wordlwide Jihad which he will.
Your governments are not brave-by-proxy when you scold us for removing our "warmongering" troop.s

Sorry, if it's so important then you need to rally your own nations. Maybe the EU would be best equipped to handle it.

There has been years of warning, what are you on about with "no time to prepare"? The USA has been in the surrounding region for two decades. Syria's civil war has been going on since 2011. The alleged gas attack was in 2017.

Please, if your country had any intention whatsoever in assisting with the kurds, you've had years to do so.

Last edited:
Reactions: desertdroog

Ornlu

Oct 31, 2018

I know this you know this but this is not helping. Fact is there is no way Europe can help at all.
I get your Hitler/Erdogan comparison; however I really disagree as to the threat an Islamist Turkey poses to the world compared to the threat a Nazi Germany posed in the 1930's. Frankly Turkey would get absolutely smashed in even the smallest actual shooting war. All they can do now as far as causing trouble is to lean on what leverage they have over a weak Europe, and making themselves just enough of a nuisance to profit over situations without getting stomped on.

And I agree, pointing out Europe's failings isn't helping. I'm just sick of the moral superiority and preaching that comes from Europeans. In every situation that doesn't matter, people from the US are "stupid, backwards", etc. Then something slightly real and scary happens and all of a sudden all eyes are on the US hoping for a savior.

It's time to nut up, Europe. Most of the countries on the continent already aren't going to be populated by Europeans in 50 years or less. You've already decided that fucking and making kids is not something you're interested in, and would prefer to import people who don't share anything with you in regards to culture or religion. Most of the continent has bought into a bullshit collectivist version of Federalism that isn't designed to function, and it's slowly killing you. Become actual countries again that give a fuck about having a national identity, take pride in who you are, and quit making deals with your fucking enemies.

The Cold War is over. The US has absolutely no reason to prop up Europe anymore. The World Police hasn't been getting paid for a while, and hopefully is starting to realize that working for no pay fucking sucks.

Dunki

Oct 24, 2017
Your governments are not brave-by-proxy when you scold us for removing our "warmongering" troop.s

Sorry, if it's so important then you need to rally your own nations. Maybe the EU would be best equipped to handle it.

There has been years of warning, what are you on about with "no time to prepare"? The USA has been in the surrounding region for two decades. Syria's civil war has been going on since 2011. The alleged gas attack was in 2017.

Please, if your country had any intention whatsoever in assisting with the kurds, you've had years to do so.
This still does not make it right to let these people die. They have no fucking chance in Hell. They will be erradicated and when you only answer to this is. Its your fault I can not help you anymore. Let Europe Suffer and not people who seriously need help. Kurdish people in this region are the only hope this goddamn hellhole has in terms of democracy etc.

Dunki

Oct 24, 2017
I get your Hitler/Erdogan comparison; however I really disagree as to the threat an Islamist Turkey poses to the world compared to the threat a Nazi Germany posed in the 1930's. Frankly Turkey would get absolutely smashed in even the smallest actual shooting war. All they can do now as far as causing trouble is to lean on what leverage they have over a weak Europe, and making themselves just enough of a nuisance to profit over situations without getting stomped on.

And I agree, pointing out Europe's failings isn't helping. I'm just sick of the moral superiority and preaching that comes from Europeans. In every situation that doesn't matter, people from the US are "stupid, backwards", etc. Then something slightly real and scary happens and all of a sudden all eyes are on the US hoping for a savior.

It's time to nut up, Europe. Most of the countries on the continent already aren't going to be populated by Europeans in 50 years or less. You've already decided that fucking and making kids is not something you're interested in, and would prefer to import people who don't share anything with you in regards to culture or religion. Most of the continent has bought into a bullshit collectivist version of Federalism that isn't designed to function, and it's slowly killing you. Become actual countries again that give a fuck about having a national identity, take pride in who you are, and quit making deals with your fucking enemies.

The Cold War is over. The US has absolutely no reason to prop up Europe anymore. The World Police hasn't been getting paid for a while, and hopefully is starting to realize that working for no pay fucking sucks.
Turkey has a MASSIVE Army and he always wanted to recrate the ottoman empire. This was his goal all along. He always wanted to invade the Irak and Greece and he will do it after he exterminated the Kurds. And gathered an even more massive force. He is the biggest threat in the world right now regarding a WW3.

Also I think you have forgotten how it all started in Germany. Germany did not have a huge Army at first. They annexed and invaded countries while the world watched him do it. And this is happening now.

And again just because the EU is fucking awful does mean it is justified to let these people die and let IS gain strength again. Because in the big run. US will be involved in a much much much bigger war and millions and millions of US soldiers will also die in it.

Mark my words. This is the beginning of WW3

Note: I also do not blame fully Trump I blame the EU especially to let this happen but Trump was the last stone that needed to be turned.

Last edited:

Ornlu

Oct 31, 2018
Turkey has a MASSIVE Army and he always wanted to recrate the ottoman empire. This was his goal all along. He always wanted to invade the Irak and Greece and he will do it after he exterminated the Kurds. And gathered an even more massive force. He is the biggest threat in the world right now regarding a WW3.

Also I think you have forgotten how it all started in Germany. Germany did not have a huge Army at first. They annexed and invaded countries while the world watched him do it. And this is happening now.

And again just because the EU is fucking awful does mean it is justified to let these people die and let IS gain strength again. Because in the big run. US will be involved in a much much much bigger war and millions and millions of US soldiers will also die in it.

Mark my words. This is the beginning of WW3

Note: I also do not blame fully Trump I blame the EU especially to let this happen but Trump was the last stone that needed to be turned.
Turkey doesn't have anything near the industrial base or the resources of Germany.

I'm not arguing that they are not a scary country to fight if you're Greece. But they are not the pre-eminent military power in the world like Nazi Germany was.

Turkey wants to play just nice enough to still stay in relations with the EU, and stay in NATO. They don't have any incentive to truly go all out.

Dunki

Oct 24, 2017
Turkey doesn't have anything near the industrial base or the resources of Germany.

I'm not arguing that they are not a scary country to fight if you're Greece. But they are not the pre-eminent military power in the world like Nazi Germany was.

Turkey wants to play just nice enough to still stay in relations with the EU, and stay in NATO. They don't have any incentive to truly go all out.
Germany had no massive forces before Hitler. The ecconomy was basically dead just like in Turkey

And Erdogan just has threaten the EU to release 3.5 Million migrants if they speak of an Invasion what is happening now. He will not play nice anymore.

Millitary wise Turkey is stronger and mor qualified than the EU.

Last edited:

DunDunDunpachi

Patient MembeR
Apr 18, 2018
USA
dunpachi.com
This still does not make it right to let these people die. They have no fucking chance in Hell. They will be erradicated and when you only answer to this is. Its your fault I can not help you anymore. Let Europe Suffer and not people who seriously need help. Kurdish people in this region are the only hope this goddamn hellhole has in terms of democracy etc.
We've been "helping" for decades and we always get blamed for it. Will the Syrians not stand up for them? Will Europeans not stand up for them?

Dunki

Oct 24, 2017
We've been "helping" for decades and we always get blamed for it. Will the Syrians not stand up for them? Will Europeans not stand up for them?
No they will not. Assad is a monster he works with Erdogan. Erdogan theatens the EU with the release of 3.6 Million migrants if they even call this an invasion. They will not help at all. I just would hav hoped America would be better than them.

Also I never blamed the US. I think they are doing great work around the world IMO. But I am just a guy from Germany.

Last edited:

Ornlu

Oct 31, 2018
Germany had no massive forces before Hitler. The ecconomy was basically dead just like in Turkey

And Erdogan just has threaten the EU to release 3.5 Million migrants if they speak of an Invasion what is happening now. He will not play nice anymore.

Millitary wise Turkey is stronger and mor qualified than the EU.
I get what you're saying; I don't even disagree on your premise that Erdogan would like to be some version of a Turkish Hitler. I just disagree that Turkey would be able to achieve any of that.

Turkey imports almost all oil, and basically every other form of energy other than coal and hydro. If they start getting truly nasty, that goes away. They would have to invade other countries and not damage the oil infrastructure to turn it back on.

Turkey is already facing food shortages. There have been some in 2019. What happens when they lose global food imports?

Turkey has a tiny navy, with almost no force projection. They can easily be blockaded, and have no realistic path to change that.

The Turkish army is large, yes. That they have going for them. I doubt it remains operational for long in a real shooting war.

Geography would absolutely fuck them in an offensive war. They have an enclosed sea to the north that they cannot expand into. They cannot expand westward without being kicked out of NATO. They cannot expand east through the mountains without being stalled out. They can only march south into Syria, realistically. And what do they gain from that? Annexing Syria and rebuilding it would destroy their economy.

Dunki

Oct 24, 2017
I get what you're saying; I don't even disagree on your premise that Erdogan would like to be some version of a Turkish Hitler. I just disagree that Turkey would be able to achieve any of that.

Turkey imports almost all oil, and basically every other form of energy other than coal and hydro. If they start getting truly nasty, that goes away. They would have to invade other countries and not damage the oil infrastructure to turn it back on.

Turkey is already facing food shortages. There have been some in 2019. What happens when they lose global food imports?

Turkey has a tiny navy, with almost no force projection. They can easily be blockaded, and have no realistic path to change that.

The Turkish army is large, yes. That they have going for them. I doubt it remains operational for long in a real shooting war.

Geography would absolutely fuck them in an offensive war. They have an enclosed sea to the north that they cannot expand into. They cannot expand westward without being kicked out of NATO. They cannot expand east through the mountains without being stalled out. They can only march south into Syria, realistically. And what do they gain from that? Annexing Syria and rebuilding it would destroy their economy.
You are forgetting the recreation of the ottoman empire. Which he wants. Also you forget Russia in all of this. Russia is a mayor player in this conflict as well. And Erdogan already made contracts with Russia regarding Oil etc.

DunDunDunpachi

Patient MembeR
Apr 18, 2018
USA
dunpachi.com
No they will not. Assad is a monster he works with Erdogan. Erdogan theatens the EU with the release of 3.6 Million migrants if they even call this an invasion.
Yeah I agree with you that both Assad and Erdogan are evil dudes, but the USA either stops policing the world or we continue. We either stop the endless regime changes or we continue. Which is it?

Europe is buckling to a threat of a problem of their own making. Germany invited in refugees. Your fault. When a "modern Hitler" threatens you with some refugees and you roll over, that's pathetic.

Dunki

Oct 24, 2017
Yeah I agree with you that both Assad and Erdogan are evil dudes, but the USA either stops policing the world or we continue. We either stop the endless regime changes or we continue. Which is it?

Europe is buckling to a threat of a problem of their own making. Germany invited in refugees. Your fault. When a "modern Hitler" threatens you with some refugees and you roll over, that's pathetic.
I know all that. but this still does not help. Hell Germany is so fucking ridiculous that planet estinction assholes blocking roads and brides since 4 days now and the police and politic just watches them do it. . Germany is fucking pathetic there is no fucking excuse for this. Same with the EU. But now the US is punishing people who had nothing to do with this. People who helped putting IS down.

And in the end it will haunt the US down with millions of people dying in a holy war started by this move.

Israel going in

Last edited:

Ornlu

Oct 31, 2018
You are forgetting the recreation of the ottoman empire. Which he wants. Also you forget Russia in all of this. Russia is a mayor player in this conflict as well. And Erdogan already made contracts with Russia regarding Oil etc.
Again, wanting is fine and good, if you can take what you want. I don't think they can.

Secondly, partnering with Russia is a losing proposition. Economically, it makes a lot of sense, as Turkey needs food and energy, and Russia needs markets. However, Russia is partway through their death spiral as a world power. They barely have enough men right now to even defend their borders. According to current age demographics, that manpower is going to drop sharply, soon. Partnering with a weak, over-extended empire and intending to fight a massive shooting war is a losing proposition.

Even if it was some sort of perfect storm alliance of Russia, Turkey, Iran, and Syria...how much could they realistically gain before being smashed? Keep in mind, that this perfect storm couldn't really hold up for very long, as all 4 of these countries want a lot of the same things, and would have to go to war with each other to get them.

Dunki

Oct 24, 2017
Again, wanting is fine and good, if you can take what you want. I don't think they can.

Secondly, partnering with Russia is a losing proposition. Economically, it makes a lot of sense, as Turkey needs food and energy, and Russia needs markets. However, Russia is partway through their death spiral as a world power. They barely have enough men right now to even defend their borders. According to current age demographics, that manpower is going to drop sharply, soon. Partnering with a weak, over-extended empire and intending to fight a massive shooting war is a losing proposition.

Even if it was some sort of perfect storm alliance of Russia, Turkey, Iran, and Syria...how much could they realistically gain before being smashed? Keep in mind, that this perfect storm couldn't really hold up for very long, as all 4 of these countries want a lot of the same things, and would have to go to war with each other to get them.
Who will smash them if not the US? The EU? Do not make me laugh.

DunDunDunpachi

Patient MembeR
Apr 18, 2018
USA
dunpachi.com
I know all that. but this still does not help. Hell Germany is so fucking ridiculous that planet estinction assholes blocking roads and brides since 4 days now and the police and politic just watches them do it. . Germany is fucking pathetic there is no fucking excuse for this. Same with the EU. But now the US is punishing people who had nothing to do with this. People who helped putting IS down.

And in the end it will haunt the US down with millions of people dying in a holy war started by this move.

Israel going in

Glad Israel stepped up. That is what it looks like to stand by your convictions.

Blaming the USA for a "holy war" is all kinds of ridiculous. This is Islamopandering run amok. Turkey is to blame for Turkey's behavior. Syria is to blame for Syria's behavior. We intervened with the intention of mopping up for thirty days. In other words, the only reason why we're still there is because we kept listening to pearl-clutchers insisting that we can't leave them defenseless, we can't let ISIS get more influence, we can't abandon them.

Last edited:

Dunki

Oct 24, 2017
Glad Israel stepped up. That is what it looks like to stand by your convictions.

Blaming the USA for a "holy war" is all kinds of ridiculous. This is Islamopandering run amok. Turkey is to blame for Turkey's behavior. Syria is to blame for Syria's behavior. We intervened with the intention of mopping up for thirty days. In other words, the only reason why we're still there is because we kept listening to pearl-clutchers insisting that we can't leave them defenseless, we can't let ISIS get more influence, we can't abandon them.
I do not blame the US for a holy war. I said this is the last stone that needed to be done. I blame iurkey for a Holy war.....

Last edited:

Kenpachii

Mar 23, 2018
Imagine germany having a strong army. That would be something, said every graveyard on the world.

• LOL
Reactions: Cybrwzrd

Facism

Apr 10, 2007
Fucking dying at the idea that Erdogan would call a worldwide jihad :messenger_tears_of_joy: Like bruh read that back to yourself :messenger_tears_of_joy:

Last edited:

DunDunDunpachi

Patient MembeR
Apr 18, 2018
USA
dunpachi.com
I do not blame the US for a holy war. I said this is the last stone that needed to be done. I blame iurkey for a Holy war.....
Europeans are welcome to colonize the territories with their own migrants and break up the NuOttoman empire like they did last time if it's such an issue.

Kenpachii

Mar 23, 2018

He already did a while ago.
Dude's a clown nobody takes him seriously, he can say whatever he want if it keeps the looneys at bay.

If europe wants they can collapse turkey the next day. But they rather deal with a clown that keeps the order on that piece of earth because it's more easier.

The moment this guy walks off the stage to much and it becomes a problem he's a goner.

Last edited:

Dunki

Oct 24, 2017
Dude's a clown nobody takes him seriously.

If europe wants they can collapse turkey the next day. But they rather deal with a clown that keeps the order on that piece of earth because it's more easier.

The moment this guy walks off the stage to much and it becomes a problem he's a goner.
You have no idea. And with what can they collapse Turkey? HHe now makes deals with Russia he does not ned the EU anymore but the EU made a HUGE deal with him regarding Migrants. And now he uses this against them

Cybrwzrd

Anime waifu panty shots are basically the same thing as paintings of the french baroque masters, if you think about it.
Sep 29, 2014
Modern Hitler has been free for a while now. He looks like Whinny the Pooh and he lives in China.

Reactions: cryptoadam

Ornlu

Oct 31, 2018
Imagine germany having a strong army. That would be something, said every graveyard on the world.
Well they tend to flip-flop between absolute European military dominance and utterly defanged joke. Why not try for something in between and avoid the nastiness?

Dunki

Oct 24, 2017
Modern Hitler has been free for a while now. He looks like Whinny the Pooh and he lives in China.
Erdogan is much worse than China. China is more powerful regarding ecconomics but they also know not to start an actual war.
Erdogan will not stop is is fucking Insane driven through his Religion.

DeepEnigma

Gold Member
Dec 3, 2013

That sentence is so much fire!

Cybrwzrd

Anime waifu panty shots are basically the same thing as paintings of the french baroque masters, if you think about it.
Sep 29, 2014
Erdogan is much worse than China. China is more powerful regarding ecconomics but they also know not to start an actual war.
Erdogan will not stop is is fucking Insane driven through his Religion.
Turkey has the 9th strongest military on the planet. They would get steamrolled if they tried anything outside their borders.

• Praise the Sun
Reactions: Ornlu

Kenpachii

Mar 23, 2018
You have no idea. And with what can they collapse Turkey? HHe now makes deals with Russia he does not ned the EU anymore but the EU made a HUGE deal with him regarding Migrants. And now he uses this against them
With what is turkey going to stop EU exactly?

U can shit over europe all u can, but even with there shit tier non existent budgets and terrible effort ( let alone if they started to try ) eu will have no issue's deleting any country in the world besides super powers.

Let's not even talk about budgets that can be thrown around, while turkey is on the brink of bankruptcy.

Russia has far more interest in a direct connected neighbor that gives them loads of money vs turkey they couldn't care about.

Migrants have never been a issue in europe, It's just a delusion of bullshit people keep spouting. The biggest issue EU had was merkel that welcomed those people in droves and other country's had to put up with it. Guess what happened? they didn't.

We can solve that so called migrant issue extremely easy, and that's locked off a part of syria and colonizing it with them. The exact same thing turkey is now planning to do. Hell EU should support him in that. That kurds are getting deleted in the meanwhile yea i don't support that even slightly, they should aim for another spot. But again that's our moral high ground that's talking as erdogan is nothing but a bit dated european politician he doesn't give a shit.

EU biggest enemy are themselves and nobody else.

Well they tend to flip-flop between absolute European military dominance and utterly defanged joke. Why not try for something in between and avoid the nastiness?
Because that's european culture for you.

TheContact

Jan 22, 2016
I don't understand. Would you not prefer this to be deescalated via means of commerce instead of letting Turkey invade? You were just saying earlier in the thread that Trump was abandoning the kurds and needed to defend their way of life.
Did you read the articles? I'm happy he attempted to make an effort but at the same time, it's reported he knew what Turkey was going to do anyway. The two articles show just how out of touch Trump is. Offering F35s to Turkey isn't an option after Russia sold them surface to air missiles. If he did make that gesture, they would have handed over the F35s to the Russians for them to reverse engineer. My point is he's a fucking idiot.

DunDunDunpachi

Patient MembeR
Apr 18, 2018
USA
dunpachi.com
Did you read the articles? I'm happy he attempted to make an effort but at the same time, it's reported he knew what Turkey was going to do anyway. The two articles show just how out of touch Trump is. Offering F35s to Turkey isn't an option after Russia sold them surface to air missiles. If he did make that gesture, they would have handed over the F35s to the Russians for them to reverse engineer. My point is he's a fucking idiot.
Oh again with this conspiracy about Trump being "in on it" while also being an idiot.

You come across as someone who needs to get in a daily dose of Trump hate and you'll use whatever avenue that is in front of you. I'm not your conversation partner, you're just typing at me.

Carry on, then. I'm not interested.

TheContact

Jan 22, 2016
Oh again with this conspiracy about Trump being "in on it" while also being an idiot.

You come across as someone who needs to get in a daily dose of Trump hate and you'll use whatever avenue that is in front of you. I'm not your conversation partner, you're just typing at me.

Carry on, then. I'm not interested.
You quoted me, not the other way around so I'm not sure why you think my posts are directed towards you.

And yes, he knew what was going to happen per that report. It also means he could do things to try to prevent it if he didn't want it to happen. Those two things are not mutually exclusive.

I don't need a daily dose of Trump hate. He can't go a couple days without doing something ridiculously stupid so he does it to himself.

I'd love for Trump to put America first. I would absolutely love for him to a better President because then we all benefit from it. I've stated the good things he's done, not just the bad. It's just that the latter far outweighs the former.

DunDunDunpachi

Patient MembeR
Apr 18, 2018
USA
dunpachi.com
You quoted me, not the other way around so I'm not sure why you think my posts are directed towards you.

And yes, he knew what was going to happen per that report. It also means he could do things to try to prevent it if he didn't want it to happen. Those two things are not mutually exclusive.

I don't need a daily dose of Trump hate. He can't go a couple days without doing something ridiculously stupid so he does it to himself.

I'd love for Trump to put America first. I would absolutely love for him to a better President because then we all benefit from it. I've stated the good things he's done, not just the bad. It's just that the latter far outweighs the former.
Oh no is this the part where you make another list about all the bad things Trump did? Spare us the agony.

cryptoadam

... and he cannot lie
Feb 21, 2018
Even if he was an isolationist, why would he do this at this time? Either he is an idiot or is compromised. It makes absolutely no political sense especially at this time. There is nothing he's going to get out of this. He's being impeached and this is going to make a lot of enemies in the Republican party. He's committing political suicide. Lindsey Graham,the biggest Trump supporter, is even calling this the biggest mistake of his presidency. Who in the administration told him to do this? Nobody! The only winners are Turkey and Russia.

Unless, he's batshit insane, the timing of this smells absolutely wrong. From the Ukraine saga, we know that the President is willing to trade blow jobs with foreign countries for "favors." With Trump and his family's business ties in Turkey, there is a huge conflict of interest.

Outside of cult 45, everybody knows that Trump only does things to lick his own balls. This tweet is telling:
I guess you werent really following this too closely, this was from Oct 1st

Turkey’s deadline to jointly establish a “safe zone” with the United States in northern Syria by the end of September has passed, leaving the threat of unilateral military intervention by Ankara hanging over the region.

President Tayyip Erdogan told the United Nations last week he wanted to set up the zone along 480 km (300 miles) of border and reaching 30 km inside Syria. Under the Turkish plan, up to 2 million Syrian refugees would be settled in the safe zone, with international support.

This was not some random time, Turkey has been trying to negotiate something and had a deadline of October. Turkey was going to dump these Syrian refugees either in Europe or in its safe zone.

The United States agreed to the safe zone as a way to protect its Kurdish allies in Syria and address Turkish concerns about the border, after President Donald Trump announced plans last year to abruptly withdraw 2,000 U.S. special forces troops that helped Kurdish fighters battle Islamic State.

But the U.S. troops have yet to leave and Washington and Ankara have so far failed to agree on details. Turkey has accused the United States of dragging its feet and warned that it would take matters into its own hands.

So the choice is fight Turkey a NATO member, or do what Trump said he would do which is remove troops from Syria.

DunDunDunpachi

Patient MembeR
Apr 18, 2018
USA
dunpachi.com
If it is considered relevant to post that "even these Republicans oppose Trump's pull from Syria", it should be considered revelant when Rand Paul speaks out in favor of Trump's decision. I thought he broke down the downward spiral of interventionism in Syria very fairly.