• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Trump may drop out of race if polling worsens

Paracelsus

Jun 24, 2007
I think @Piku_Ringo might be right. There is no silent majority. Too many people have been turned off by Trump. As one friend said, he says a lot of stupid shit. Another says all he does is lie. Both were former Trumpers. This do nothing approach to let the rioters have their way and now hearing he may have done nothing when Russians paid the Taliban for US soldier heads? It seems like the whole world is saying Trump isn’t a leader, even those who served in his admin, like Bolton. The scores of people Trump has called a liar, they can’t all be liars. We’re being asked to believe Trump over everyone else, the Supreme Court is rebuking his ass even with two conservative judges added... it’s just too much to believe Trump.

It’s sad, because China poses a large threat, but I honestly don’t know if Trump could handle them. I know sure as hell Biden couldn’t. I feel that the best option is for Trump to step down and let another Republican run.
Bolton the warlord.
Also, your friends are suckers because that's exactly what the DNC wants.
Chaz is "Pleaseshootmecrazyrepublicansville".
They were desperate for something like this to happen.
The Arbery incident didn't work, so they went for the next one to weaponize it and censor everything for the elections. It's that easy.
To take away attention from people in chaz shooting each other, they ran with this

Weeks of looting, aggressions and vandalism, two people try to get them to back off and all of a sudden massive media outrage.

The truth is that every insult thrown at Trump is projection. He has to deal with petulant children and he cannot spank them.

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: Gashtronomy

Tell_men

Apr 13, 2020
I'm not going to sit here and defend Trump bcs he's far from perfect. And a lot of his issues ARE self inflicted. But the alternative is Biden being puppetted by the far Left in control and that's a far worse proposition than 4 more years of Trump. The polls and the negativity around Trump is concerning and I made a similar post as yours the other day but it's not enough to give Biden the WH imo. Trump will edge Biden out and he should. Biden hasn't done shit in the decades he's been in politics. He gets us nowhere.
Biden no bueno. He’s so going to fuck us over.

infinitys_7th

Gold Member
Oct 1, 2006
autoduelist autoduelist Joe T. Joe T. I don’t see a path forward for Trump. I can’t say everything is fine. Things have only become more dire since the 2018 election defeat. We know Biden is bad news. We need to support another candidate or get annihilated again.
There is no one - part of the primary process is building momentum and a national infrastructure to support the full presidential campaign. No one but him has that, and the Republican Party is very unlikely to have polling to even suggest one. No one has been out working to create a message but Trump, although I agree that Trump's message so far has been about what a presidency without him will be like rather than what he brings. That is something that will have to change.

Last edited:
Reactions: Tell_men

Paracelsus

Jun 24, 2007
There is no one - part of the primary process is building momentum and a national infrastructure to support the full presidential campaign. No one but him has that, and the Republican Party is very unlikely to have polling to even suggest one. No one has been out working to create a message but Trump, although I agree that Trump's message so far has been about what a presidency without him will be like rather than what he brings. That is something that will have to change.
Change how? The GOP is riddled with RINOs, once he's gone you might as well disband it.
Carlson is probably the only person that could win if he ran for president right now, but he's just a bunch of lip service too.

infinitys_7th

Gold Member
Oct 1, 2006
Change how? The GOP is riddled with RINOs, once he's gone you might as well disband it.
Carlson is probably the only person that could win if he ran for president right now, but he's just a bunch of lip service too.
I mean Trump has to change his messaging to be about his goals, not that the party does or will. Outside of Rand Paul I have very little hope for the GOP overall to continue any sort of America-focused policy. There is time for Trump to shift messaging, but I worry he is being told to be complacent because it is in the bag if he makes it clear how shit Biden and the Democrats are by letting shit burn. This is what bit Hillary in the ass.

Last edited:

Miku Miku

Gold Member
Jan 13, 2018
I'm not going to sit here and defend Trump bcs he's far from perfect. And a lot of his issues ARE self inflicted. But the alternative is Biden being puppetted by the far Left in control and that's a far worse proposition than 4 more years of Trump.
Biden wont be controlled by the "far left." He, and the DNC already collaborated to control media coverage against Bernie, rig and cheat in elections, and crush their influence without conceding hardly a thing. Biden's olive branch for lowering the age to get access to medicare is 10 years higher than Hillary's weak offering. He already vowed to veto any bills pushing medicare for all, which is a core goal for Bernie voters. He's bought and paid for by big money donors and will follow the same playbook Obama did - which was basically continuing almost all the policies enacted by W. Bush, expanding wars, expanding government power for the surveillance state. He may barely attempt to raise taxes, but not by much. Biden's also even more right wing than Trump on multiple issues, and is on record multiple times being fine cutting social security entirely.

And as you saw during the Obama years, the left basically went dormant because they didn't have the integrity to fight their own side when Obama carried out multiple right wing policies. They were calm, and went along with it when the patriot act was extended, when the Bush tax cuts were made permanent, when we expanded to 7 military conflicts oversees. They get thrown a tiny bone on gay marriage, or something else mostly inconsequential, but that's about it.

In reality, the far left will be ignored entirely under Biden, and will also probably be pacified. The Bernie wing of the party was basically entirely shut down and ignored, and they're not the "far left" pushing for violence, communism or cancel culture. The Biden campaign didn't even hire a single Bernie staffer. And the "far left" people on the streets are even farther left than most Bernie voters. No one is going to do a thing for them, unless it's small token gestures in identity politics that wont change a thing in terms of DNC controlling things. My guess is he'll pick a black woman for VP and mostly just talk about useless platitudes while they do the same shit Obama did for the most part.

Reactions: Gashtronomy

Joe T.

Oct 3, 2004
Montreal, Quebec
autoduelist autoduelist Joe T. Joe T. I don’t see a path forward for Trump. I can’t say everything is fine. Things have only become more dire since the 2018 election defeat. We know Biden is bad news. We need to support another candidate or get annihilated again.
The midterm loss was based on some massive lies, the biggest of which came crashing on their heads half a year later, and the Kavanaugh theatrics. To suggest things look dire because of that is silly in my eyes.

Like Flynn, I smell desperation. Trump's messaging does need to improve, but he survived the biggest political shitstorm ever and is still standing. Wake up the people you know to the media's deceptive games and get them to do the same, winning will be easy after that. 3.5 years of evidence to use, it's an all you can eat buffet of embarrassing Dem and media stories.

Texas Pride

Feb 27, 2018
Texas
Biden wont be controlled by the "far left." He, and the DNC already collaborated to control media coverage against Bernie, rig and cheat in elections, and crush their influence without conceding hardly a thing. Biden's olive branch for lowering the age to get access to medicare is 10 years higher than Hillary's weak offering. He already vowed to veto any bills pushing medicare for all, which is a core goal for Bernie voters. He's bought and paid for by big money donors and will follow the same playbook Obama did - which was basically continuing almost all the policies enacted by W. Bush, expanding wars, expanding government power for the surveillance state. He may barely attempt to raise taxes, but not by much. Biden's also even more right wing than Trump on multiple issues, and is on record multiple times being fine cutting social security entirely.

And as you saw during the Obama years, the left basically went dormant because they didn't have the integrity to fight their own side when Obama carried out multiple right wing policies. They were calm, and went along with it when the patriot act was extended, when the Bush tax cuts were made permanent, when we expanded to 7 military conflicts oversees. They get thrown a tiny bone on gay marriage, or something else mostly inconsequential, but that's about it.

In reality, the far left will be ignored entirely under Biden, and will also probably be pacified. The Bernie wing of the party was basically entirely shut down and ignored, and they're not the "far left" pushing for violence, communism or cancel culture. The Biden campaign didn't even hire a single Bernie staffer. And the "far left" people on the streets are even farther left than most Bernie voters. No one is going to do a thing for them, unless it's small token gestures in identity politics that wont change a thing in terms of DNC controlling things. My guess is he'll pick a black woman for VP and mostly just talk about useless platitudes while they do the same shit Obama did for the most part.

He's definitely going black woman for VP. But I don't share your view (an optimistic one) at that on Biden. The guy is barely there mentally and that could be exploited in a myriad of ways to achieve a myriad of goals. He's beholden to everyone he's made promises to in his quest to be the first man with dementia elected POTUS and if he is elected president I don't see him not being pushed out after a couple years. There's too much uncertainty with Biden to put America in his hands especially with the shit we're dealing with now and in the immediate future. I don't for a second believe Biden is in control of anything atm nor do I see that changing. Love the optimism though.

Barsinister

Jan 16, 2008
USA
This is probably the most cynical thread I have ever read since the assholes left.

I don’t think that this place is going to be like it was for that wicked old witch Hillary.

GribbleGrunger

Dreams in Digital
Oct 12, 2012
How did this forum respond when Trump was said to have no chance against Hilary? Wasn't he even further down in the polls then? The polls mean nothing.

Reactions: Whataborman

ChuckeRearmed

Jan 31, 2018
Polls gave Hillary a ~98% chance of winning day of election and Trump stuck with it.

I think he's in your head, Democrats. He already dominates your news cycle and now he's feeding you false hope.
It is more complex than that. Trump has chances to lose.

But what I find interesting is that USA is run the same way as corporation.

JORMBO

Darkness no more
Mar 5, 2009
LOL

Come on... the USA economy is living on borrowed time and has its days counted: everything will go down the drain on July 31st, 2020, since that's the day the last stimulus check is given. When that happens, there will be millions that won't have a dime to pay rent, food or necessities.

True, there will be a recovery, but it will be painful and slow. R e a l l y s l o w.

So...since that scenario is coming, Trump's whole discourse and campaign falls apart like a house of cards.
The extra $600 expires at the end of July. The extended unemployment benefits are still there. They are also talking about a second round of stimulus possibly in August.

I agree with you though that we are on a long trip before the economy returns to normal. Saying everything will go “down the drain” in a month is a bit drastic.

My point is that as things start to move upwards that may help polling a little bit. A few months of improving numbers going into the election is better then what’s been happening the past few months. It won’t close the gap and his campaign has to make some changes in other areas very soon though.

joe_zazen

May 2, 2017
How did this forum respond when Trump was said to have no chance against Hilary? Wasn't he even further down in the polls then? The polls mean nothing.
they banned anyone who was even 50/50 on trump winning or mentioning 3rd party. It was very rahrah.

the difference this time is he isnt running against a Clinton. She had the baggage of being a co-conspiring wife of a murderer and a serial rapist. Afaik, Biden has only raped once and has no body count. Trump had a chance if the economy was still singing in Nov, but Corona killed that chance.

Last edited:

NH1982

Jul 9, 2019
Anybody that believes this really hasn't been paying attention but hey, got to further the narrative the the election is a done deal. Worked so well in 2016

Reactions: Whataborman

#Phonepunk#

Sep 4, 2018
Lol this is hilarious

Gonna file this next to everyone who told me “he doesn’t really want to be president” during his 2016 run

Lot of wanna be mind readers in politics

• Thoughtful
Reactions: DeepEnigma

Zog

Oct 24, 2017
The man has been accused of everything from treason, to murder, to having an incestuous relationship with his daughter, to being the literal reincarnation of Adolf Hitler from the moment he came down that escalator.

I doubt any of us could handle 1% of the shit that comes his way on a daily basis without becoming bitter, but he continues to get the job done every day.

These days every politician is accused of a sex crime and every President has been accused of being the damn anti-christ. Still, I agree that he won't drop out.

Funny thing is, a few days ago some people couldn't believe that Trump's numbers were low but now it seems to be common knowledge.

Jan 2, 2011
Trump's been going pretty hard on the fraud angle and seems to already have convinced his base that the dems will cheat regardless of whether he wins or loses. And they seem to be on board with that, so why would he need to drop out if he already has a built in excuse should he lose?

There's precisely zero chance Trump jumps ship before the election.

Whataborman

Apr 19, 2018
I find it hilarious that liberals bring up Vietnam in relation to President Trump but seem to ignore the fact that Bill Clinton didn't go to Vietnam. Also, Obama didn't serve in the armed forces either.

It's the same striking cognitive dissonance that allows democrats to lecture Republicans on race relations while ignoring the fact that one of their longest-serving senators was literally a KKK leader.

Zefah

Gold Member
Jan 7, 2007
Biden got 5 deferments from the draft for the Vietnam war, with at least one of them being a medical excuse of "asthma."

I'm not going to hate on him for using what resources were available to him to avoid potentially wasting his life on a bullshit war, though.

Reactions: cryptoadam

DeaDPooL_jlp

Sep 20, 2015
I don't See Trump doing that he's too narcissistic for that. He’ll kick, scream, and throw a tantrum like the child he is until the very end.
You would know exactly how to do this very thing. You guys could fill an ocean with the amount of bitching and crying you guys do on your personal news outlet ReeeEra

DeaDPooL_jlp

Sep 20, 2015
Trump "I have zero intention of dropping out of the race regardless of polling numbers"....doesn't get reported on

Random ass fucking nameless anonymous source "TrUmP WiLl DrOp OuT iF PoLLiNg NuMbErS CoNtInUe To DrOP"

Leftist news outlets "BREAKING NEWS!!!! Sources confirm Trump will drop out due to extreme fright and concern over polling numbers, my dick is so hard and I am currently nutting all over my favorite pants, back to you"

The Pleasure

Jan 8, 2019
I was still bad enough dude to play the shit out of it.
I used to beat that game every month for years. I know it sucks but i know it pissed off people when we could play other two player games. So i would unironically ask to play nes bad dudes. Other people merely adopted bad dudes. I was born with it. Molded by it. Learned to fire punch five enemies at a time. The nes controller betrays you.

• Love
Reactions: Virex

Shifty1897

Sep 22, 2014
Livingston, AL
I don't believe this for a second. It would be the ultimate bitch move, and Trump may be a lot of things, but the man is not a coward.
Agreed, he'll refuse. Personally I think he has no chance. It would be better for the GOP if he dipped and supported someone else who is not actively stirring the pot by holding rallies on Juneteenth and turning wearing masks into a political issue.

Joe's in the lead because he's keeping his mouth shut for the most part and not picking fights where there's no need for one, not because he's much more competent than Trump.

ChainedMaster

Oct 20, 2012
He just has to put a mask on and hopes the economy rebounds.

BTW, another poll has him up by 1 in Wisconsin not like the CNN poll which has him down 16. So one of them is very wrong.
Sounds like you don't understand polls. You generally aggregate polls and put more weight in polls with better methods.

It is propaganda, more specifically gaslighting, which this time means "I will pretend the situation is worse than expected to trick unaware people into doing what I want".
It is to fool republicans into not voting.

Unsurprisingly, these articles come out the day they censor half the internet over nothing.
Studies and statistics are a leftist conspiracy to gaslight chuds. Riiiiight