• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NSFW Trump retweets video of supporter shouting 'white power'

JordanN

Apr 21, 2012
Brampton, Ontario
If Black Power is ok, White Power is ok.

Only those prejudiced on matters of race would try to argue otherwise.
I'll go against the grain and say "White Power" is a tad more controversial, only because we have actual evidence of it in U.S history being touted by far right groups.

Having said that, I hope AfricanKing AfricanKing is aware that "self determination" can still apply to White people and that it doesn't have to be rooted in supremacy. In fact, it can be quite opposite.

Take the Irish. Are they not White people who have been historically oppressed by the British? Was Ireland fighting for its independence considered a form of "white supremacy" or "self determination" like any other Black Nationalist? It's obviously the latter. They didn't like starving under the Brits.

Or another argument, South African Whites. Before apartheid, they were actually a group of Dutch settlers who, funnily enough again, were brutally oppressed by the British. Once again, I don't think it's fair to call them "supremacists" just because they happened to be White but wanted independence. Especially when they were being sent into concentration camps and forced to starve.

Of course, what happened after the Boers did gain independence and ruled over South Africa is another story...

Last edited:

Cleared_Hot

Feb 25, 2018
Terrible mistake and he's a bafoon like usual. But I still I don't think trump is racist and all the claims of it are usually baseless "he's said Mexicans are rapists"

Remember blacks love trump until he was running for president against a democrat.

He even wanted Oprah as his running mate back in the day.

He's also done more than Obama did for blacks in all honesty.

Last edited:
Dec 15, 2011
I'll go against the grain and say "White Power" is a tad more controversial, only because we have actual evidence of it in U.S history being touted by far right groups.

Having said that, I hope AfricanKing AfricanKing is aware that "self determination" can still apply to White people and that it doesn't have to be rooted in supremacy. In fact, it can be quite opposite.

Take the Irish. Are they not White people who have been historically oppressed by the British? Was Ireland fighting for its independence considered a form of "white supremacy" or "self determination" like any other Black Nationalist? It's obviously the latter. They didn't like starving under the Brits.

Or another argument, South African Whites. Before apartheid, they were actually a group of Dutch settlers who, funnily enough again, were brutally oppressed by the British. Once again, I don't think it's fair to call them "supremacists" just because they happened to be White but wanted independence. Especially when they were being sent into concentration camps and forced to starve.

Of course, what happened after the Boers did gain independence and ruled over South Africa is another story...
We are seeing history repeated as those endorsing "the right kind of violence" and "the right kind of destruction" and "the right kind of hate" chant a mantra of "Black Power" and try to pass their prejudice off as virtue.

There's no need to ever repeat history to such a degree and the way to do that is to identify the road things are on and know what is at the end of it, and take action sooner instead of later.

I have witnessed our "Black Power" friend endorse statements about killing entire families "slaughtered like animals" when someone was critical of Islam. I've seen our "Black Power" friend routinely give a pass to antisemitism. I've seen our "Black Power" friend express "glee" in destruction and riots.

I've also seen him lie, assume to be the voice for 10+ million Londoners and demonstrate endless narcissism.

I am for equality.

Last edited:

DragoonKain

Nov 13, 2013
Trump will cost himself the election because of shit like this. Whether it was intended or not. All he had to do is not look worse than a dementia ridden opponent and he can’t manage to do that.

This is the most embarrassing election ever.

Paltheos

Feb 28, 2015
This is really stupid.
The White House's response to this is classic Trump. "He didn't realize that thing that happened 10 seconds into the first clip." I really, really don't like the guy but sometimes I almost feel bad for him. He can't apologize, even if he wants to - His whole appeal is on never backing down.

womfalcs3

Banned
May 11, 2007
A president should unite people. Not divide us. He has to be dragged out of the WH.

Last edited:

samporter

May 29, 2020
Trump has a great speech and you reemerge to bump an old anti trump thread. Isn't it a little obvious what you are doing? Are you a really bad troll or really good DNC operative?

Cato

China delenda est
Oct 27, 2017
Moore Park Beach
Trump has a great speech and you reemerge to bump an old anti trump thread. Isn't it a little obvious what you are doing? Are you a really bad troll or really good DNC operative?
TDS in action. He is so angry that Trump gave a great speech that people should have hope, should be proud.
He knows the speech was superb and will be loved by the masses and that makes him so angry he is literally crying.
Just severe TDS. that is all.

Somnium

Apr 1, 2016
art-of-vlad.com
Black Power is about self determination... you know that thing yall keep saying black people don’t have. Comparing it to White power is dumb as fuck ✊🏿
Who the fuck is y'all? Who is saying that? I never said that, and to my knowledge the people ITT have never said that. So why are you putting words in other people's mouths?

It's funny how you're the one claiming victimhood and how black people today are all victims of systemic racism or white supremacy, or disproportionally victims police brutality. All of which is largely unfounded and statistically false.

Instead of seeing that as good news, which it is, you instead are resentful at hearing those facts because you want black people to be perpetual victims. You're the one that denies black Americans their self determination.

You're a shameless hypocrite, and you're not fooling anyone except yourself.

Last edited: