• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Trump reveals potential border design

Zangiefy360

Aug 30, 2018
Looks great! I wonder how much space is between those slats? The spikes on top are especially a nice touch.

OSC

Jun 16, 2018
How is that effective? Seems like putting bars gives you something to grip on as you can tie something around them or use other grasping tools to climb up and get down. A solid smooth surface with no gripping point would be more optimal. Perhaps I'm missing something?

Last edited:

Cunth

Fingerlickin' Good!
May 22, 2018
Poor people, who are skinny, could stroll right through those gaps

Dec 3, 2018
I think they should just put a giant mirror there, so that when the Mexicans try to cross the border, they'll think they are being attacked by immigrants and flee.

Nymphae

Gold Member
Jun 3, 2013
Canada
It weirds me out that the magnification of the spikes is less detailed than the regular view.

Last edited:

Super Mario

Nov 12, 2016
Seems like it'd be really easy to cut through individual posts. Also, drugs are small and can be easily passed though.
See, it is actually possible to be critical of Trump without sounding like a moron. These are legitimate concerns.

Sub_Level

wants to fuck an Asian grill.
Apr 9, 2009
See, it is actually possible to be critical of Trump without sounding like a moron. .
To be fair, Trump sounds like a fucking moron every time he opens his mouth even when you agree with what he says. He may be a negotiator, but he cant articulate himself well. He is like one rung above dubya.

Jun 26, 2013
That design could actually work better than a (less tall) solid wall w/ barbed wire on top. Border patrols can see through the other side which allows them to operate more efficiently. If those slats are extremely high, then it will be difficult for migrants to throw rocks over the fence (there's a reason why border patrol vehicles are heavily equipped with customized protection).

However, the space between each slat needs be to narrow enough to not allow any person or large projectile through. I would also put some barbed wire so that even if someone manages to squeeze through, that person will have to deal with the wire after that.

chaos789

Nov 21, 2012
I swear to god DJT is such a fucking idiot.

How he even has supporters at all is something I will never understand. I guess they like basking in the glow of corruption and corporate malfeasance.

I guess with those points up top, vampires will not be able to climb over.

Last edited:

JordanN

Apr 21, 2012
Brampton, Ontario
I don't want a fence, I want a wall.

I really hope he doesn't try to compromise.

I swear to god DJT is such a fucking idiot.

How he even has supporters at all is something I will never understand. I guess they like basking in the glow of corruption and corporate malfeasance.
He's still better than Hillary. Although that's not saying much.
Both candidates suck but it's better to have chaotic evil than lawful evil.

Last edited:

Madonis

Oct 21, 2018
They need the "wall" to allow visibility and it has also been described as a fence over the years.

So even if the "wall" is built, it'll look more like this, one way or another, than like a normal wall.

Last edited:

Dude Abides

Apr 8, 2009
I don't want a fence, I want a wall.

I really hope he doesn't try to compromise.

He's still better than Hillary. Although that's not saying much.
Both candidates suck but it's better to have chaotic evil than lawful evil.
Nobody cares what Canadians want.

Super Mario

Nov 12, 2016
To be fair, Trump sounds like a fucking moron every time he opens his mouth even when you agree with what he says. He may be a negotiator, but he cant articulate himself well. He is like one rung above dubya.
He's one of the worst speakers I have ever seen. However, it is not as important of a quality as the uninformed think. The Liberals would cream over Obama's inspirational speeches, with absolutely no substance to them. I'll take results anyday.