• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Trump says he is "President of law and order," will deploy military in states if violence doesn't end

Trey

Mar 3, 2010
CBS News said:
President Trump said Monday he would deploy the military against protesters if local officials cannot stop violence that has erupted in some areas. "I will fight to protect you — I am your president of law and order and an ally of all peaceful protesters," Mr. Trump said.

Shortly before the president spoke and declared himself an "ally of peaceful protesters," protesters described as peaceful and journalists across from the White House were tear-gassed, clearing the area. After his statement, the president and his staff walked through a cleared-out Lafayette Park and took photos in front of St. John's Church, which was set ablaze Sunday night.

President Trump said Monday he would deploy the military against protesters if local officials cannot stop violence that has erupted in some areas. "I will fight to protect you — I am your president of law and order and an ally of all peaceful protesters," Mr. Trump said.

Shortly before the president spoke and declared himself an "ally of peaceful protesters," protesters described as peaceful and journalists across from the White House were tear-gassed, clearing the area. After his statement, the president and his staff walked through a cleared-out Lafayette Park and took photos in front of St. John's Church, which was set ablaze Sunday night.

"If a city or state refuses to take the actions that are necessary to defend the life and property of their residents, then I will deploy the United States military and quickly solve the problem for them," Mr. Trump said. "I am also taking swift and decisive action to protect our great capital, Washington, D.C. What happened in the city last night was a total disgrace. As we speak, I am dispatching thousands and thousands of heavily armed soldiers, military personnel and law enforcement officers to stop the rioting, looting, vandalism, assaults and the wanton destruction of property."

Trey

Mar 3, 2010
Might as well deploy them now. These mayors aren't suddenly going to grow a spine and not fear being called racist anymore.
He's floating it to see how it tracks with people, and he's probably bruised because people have been calling him a pussy for the bunker thing. so he comes out with the "law and order" stuff without actually doing anything at this time.

Last edited:

DunDunDunpachi

Patient MembeR
Apr 18, 2018
USA
dunpachi.com
He's floating it to see how it tracks with people, and he's probably bruised because people have been calling him a pussy for the bunker thing. so he comes out with the "law and order" stuff without actually doing anything at this time.
Wait what? You think Trump is doing this because of Twitter drama?

Reactions: chocobomochi

Danny Dudekisser

Formerly 'Chacranajxy'
Oct 13, 2008
Well, I agree with the bit about him floating it out there. At least this way, he can say "I told you so" if the military gets sent in to clean house.

Trey

Mar 3, 2010
Wait what? You think Trump is doing this because of Twitter drama?
It wouldn't be the first, or the dozenth time. He literally just made an executive order directly about "Twitter drama."

He cares a great deal about his personal image. And he wasn't saying any of that "law and order, we must dominate violent protestors" stuff until there were news reports about him being in a bunker.

Nothing material came out of this press conference other than him getting to sound tough.

DunDunDunpachi

Patient MembeR
Apr 18, 2018
USA
dunpachi.com
It wouldn't be the first, or the dozenth time. He literally just made an executive order directly about "Twitter drama."

He cares a great deal about his personal image. And he wasn't saying any of that "law and order, we must dominate violent protestors" stuff until there were news reports about him being in a bunker.

Nothing material came out of this press conference other than him getting to sound tough.
I guess I shouldn't be surprised that the first conclusion you come to -- while we're waiting for the military to marched into major cities -- is to guess what Trump's motives are and pick the most juvenile option that pops into your head. His greatest detractors always know his every motive and secret thought, yet always seem unable to predict his behavior.

Mass Shift

Jun 12, 2019

And again, nothing he said is actually enforceable. This man has no concept of the laws that were put in place in THE EVENT the country should have a lawless President like him.

• LOL
Reactions: infinitys_7th

Zangiefy360

Cross Forum Drama ..........Queen
Aug 30, 2018
And again, nothing he said is actually enforceable. This man has no concept of the laws that were put in place in THE EVENT the country should have a lawless President like him.
He's the only thing standing between you being able to safely type this BS on your keyboard, or getting burned alive while you sleep by rioters and Antifa.

Thaedolus

Jun 9, 2004
I’m just curious what the conservative Christians here thought about his deployment of violence against peaceful crowds for his photo op with the Bible. Because when I was a Christian I’d probably think it was, I dunno, sacrilegious? Pathetic shit stain felt bad about being called a coward so he unleashes LEOs so he can go stand there with sacred text he’s never read and scowl?

Good lord what has this country come to. Now pile on good boot lickers and tell me about TDS

• LOL
Reactions: matt404au

Mass Shift

Jun 12, 2019
He's the only thing standing between you being able to safely type this BS on your keyboard, or getting burned alive while you sleep by rioters and Antifa.
Uh, all those national guard and secret service police are surrounding the White House to make Bunker Boy feel safe.

He's not standing between anything for any of us.

oagboghi2

Apr 15, 2018

Yeah, Trump was totally known for his soft image and pro crime attitude until today. Where did this "law and order" rhetoric come from?

Can you not turn it off for one day 😂

Reactions: Liberty4all

DeepEnigma

Gold Member
Dec 3, 2013
I guess I shouldn't be surprised that the first conclusion you come to -- while we're waiting for the military to marched into major cities -- is to guess what Trump's motives are and pick the most juvenile option that pops into your head. His greatest detractors always know his every motive and secret thought, yet always seem unable to predict his behavior.
These big brains constantly showing they would never have a career in the intelligence community.

desertdroog

Aug 12, 2008
I’m just curious what the conservative Christians here thought about his deployment of violence against peaceful crowds for his photo op with the Bible. Because when I was a Christian I’d probably think it was, I dunno, sacrilegious? Pathetic shit stain felt bad about being called a coward so he unleashes LEOs so he can go stand there with sacred text he’s never read and scowl?

Good lord what has this country come to. Now pile on good boot lickers and tell me about TDS
There is a famous song that can be applied to standing up to Fascists and Commies:

Last edited:

oagboghi2

Apr 15, 2018
You should probably study the history of this country. The president can deploy the military to restore order.

Reactions: chocobomochi

desertdroog

Aug 12, 2008
Kewl, got anything applicable to what I said?
Yeah, your post I responded to is a gaslight attempt by conflating peaceful protestors who were exercising their 1A rights with violent looters and anarchists sowing division with violence.

That help you figure out my meaning sugar britches?

HE1NZ

Apr 9, 2019

Love it when liberals use their comic book understanding of Christianity to try to make this argument.

Thaedolus

Jun 9, 2004
Yeah, your post I responded to is a gaslight attempt by conflating peaceful protestors who were exercising their 1A rights with violent looters and anarchists sowing division with violence.

That help you figure out my meaning sugar britches?
Not in the fucking slightest, i was referring to the protesters outside the white house today who were needlessly and violently pushed aside for a fucking joke of a photo op. So maybe quit dodging what actually happened and respond to what I said.

Love it when liberals use their comic book understanding of Christianity to try to make this argument.
Oh look, someone else who can’t respond to what I said and wants to instead pretend I didn’t spend decades as a Christian.

Trey

Mar 3, 2010
Yeah, Trump was totally known for his soft image and pro crime attitude until today. Where did this "law and order" rhetoric come from?

Can you not turn it off for one day 😂
Not saying he hasn't used fiery rhetoric before. It's a go to tactic for him. Which is exactly why I think the cause for this instance of posturing comes from the same place as his usual bluster: his ego being bruised.

Reactions: Nobody_Important

Nobody_Important

Gold Member
May 22, 2018
I'm a little rusty on my constitutional law but isn't the president's ability to mobilize the military within the US border extremely limited? Doesn't he need approval of the governor's or Congress? I could have swore there was something like that in the fine print.

Trey

Mar 3, 2010
I'm a little rusty on my constitutional law but isn't the president's ability to mobilize the military within the US border extremely limited? Doesn't he need approval of the governor's or Congress? I could have swore there was something like that in the fine print.
He can evoke the Insurrection Act to deploy the military in states where the governor accepts the help. If the governor refuses, it would be unconstitutional for the military to be deployed.

Mass Shift

Jun 12, 2019
You should probably study the history of this country. The president can deploy the military to restore order.
Fine O oagboghi2 . You can wait around for that for the both of us.

All I see is the endless merry go round of unenforceable threats made by this President in his either defiant and/or ignorant intransigence. Just no respect or grasp of the depth of our nation's laws reflected in any of his worthless edicts.

Laws that were put in place just in the event you had a leader such as himself who would politicize law enforcement.

oagboghi2

Apr 15, 2018
Not saying he hasn't used fiery rhetoric before. It's a go to tactic for him. Which is exactly why I think the cause for this instance of posturing comes from the same place as his usual bluster: his ego being bruised.
Does TDS give you the ability to think you can read people's minds?

Trey

Mar 3, 2010
The President's mannerisms follow a simple pattern. I believe him "just telling it like it is" and wearing his emotions on his sleeve is what endeared him to his supporters.

oagboghi2

Apr 15, 2018
The President's mannerisms follow a simple pattern. I believe him "just telling it like it is" and wearing his emotions on his sleeve is what endeared him to his supporters.
A simple pattern, yet for some reason you think this situation is unique. His ego is really bruised this time.

You can tell, becuase you think you can read minds now.

desertdroog

Aug 12, 2008
Not in the fucking slightest, i was referring to the protesters outside the white house today who were needlessly and violently pushed aside for a fucking joke of a photo op. So maybe quit dodging what actually happened and respond to what I said.
Oh I thought Trump was hiding in a bunker? He has a right to peaceably assemble and exercise his 1rst Amendment rights like anyone else. Since he is the head of the Excecutive branch of the government he has protection that obviously state governors are not affording everyone else.

Thaedolus

Jun 9, 2004
The amazing thing about malignant narcissism is that yes, once you recognize it in someone it makes it incredibly easy to predict what they’ll do next because they’re slaves to ego. Trump got made fun of for fleeing to the bunker and turning the lights out, so he wanted to appear tough. It’s not complicated. Just count on him to do most self-centered thing possible that only an idiot would think is smart, strip away any sort of normal human compassion or empathy for others, and that’s Trump’s next move. Add in a cohort of fellow grifters, opportunists, sycophants and true believers and you got someone failing upward into the presidency, and now the chickens of his incompetency are coming home to roost

Trey

Mar 3, 2010
A simple pattern, yet for some reason you think this situation is unique. His ego is really bruised this time.

You can tell, becuase you think you can read minds now.
If you understood any of the words I wrote in this thread, including the posts you've quoted, you would see I'm not saying this is unique for him, but a pattern. Very different concepts.

Not reading minds, simply observing actions.

ilsayed

Banned
Nov 7, 2018
Sometimes I wonder if people actually want to discuss or if they just needed an excuse to repeat the exact same mind-reading fanfiction that they usually do.
What a puerile comment.
Some people just love strife, and violence and add nothing to any conversation.
most on here trip over themselves to talk what a great troll he is when he tweets a gif of him fighting CNN. lol. he's a very simple man, folks. juvenile behavior. his ego got hurt so he came out of hiding to pose with a bible. cool.

matt404au

Banned
Apr 25, 2009
Straya

Don’t go full retard, Thae. You ain’t a retard.

• Thoughtful
Reactions: desertdroog

Super Mario

Mario Mario
Nov 12, 2016
The Left: Trump is not being a president. He does not care about protecting Americans

Trump: (gives presidential speech to reinforce his plans to protect America)

The Left: He has no authority to do this! The law says he has to let America burn and they collect insurance

At this point, you must be trolls. No one can be this dumb. Right?!

Last edited: