• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Trump says he is "President of law and order," will deploy military in states if violence doesn't end

LordKasual

Banned
Jul 28, 2016
Just in line with the rest of his smoke blowing. He's doing everything he can to not appear like a weak president.

Yet just like any other weak man with a bruised ego, he lashes out not with any kind of cunning but with "displays of force" that appeal only to the kinds of Americans who think posturing like a barking toy dog or puffing up your back like a housecat is the kind of thing that makes you look tough.

Trump has been presented with situation after situation in 2020 that offered amazing chances to at least appear like a decent leader. But it seems like division is literally the only trick he knows.

This is the most egregious example yet, making this situation work for him could have been huge but now he's fucked up so bad that the the literal internet (Social Media) is about to implode on him and he's so terrified of his own civilians that he goes and hides in a bunker.

I simply do not understand how otherwise intelligent americans can vouch for this pathetic human. He is literally China/Putin's presidential wet dream.

American tragedies are supposed to be where leaders get their brownie points, how could he EVER fuck this up so bad

The President's mannerisms follow a simple pattern. I believe him "just telling it like it is" and wearing his emotions on his sleeve is what endeared him to his supporters.
He is extremely predictable. Sometimes I have to stop and ask myself whether or not he does it on purpose, but the end results of all his antics make it obvious that he doesn't.

Last edited:
Reactions: womfalcs3

-Arcadia-

Aug 20, 2019
The Left: Trump is not being a president. He does not care about protecting American

Trump: (gives presidential speech to reinforce his plans to protect America)

The Left: He has no authority to do this! The law says he has to let America burn and they collect insurance

At this point, you must be trolls. No one can be this dumb. Right?!
How do you think all the dictators and regimes took over? There's always a group of useful idiots (their words, not mine) willing to give them the keys.

Mihos

Gold Member
May 10, 2009
steamcommunity.com
I'm a little rusty on my constitutional law but isn't the president's ability to mobilize the military within the US border extremely limited? Doesn't he need approval of the governor's or Congress? I could have swore there was something like that in the fine print.
The exact same mechanism was used for the exact same reason during the Rodney King riots

Dec 15, 2011
Love all the people concerned with rules and laws whilst the entire country is being trashed by people that have no concern with rules and laws.

I recall, in one of my YouTube voyages, getting sucked into the wonderful world of the Sovereign Citizen.
A number of videos in a line was uttered in an exchange which, I think, is somewhat apt here:

"You refuse to follow the rules, but you demand that everybody else around you should."

It's like the propagandists crying about misinformation.
It's like the crybabies tell people it's no big deal.
It's like those who use their freedom of expression to shut down the freedom of expression of others.
It's like those who preach equality, but only for selected demographics.

Your hypocrisy is why you have no credibility.

Kenpachii

Mar 23, 2018
Just in line with the rest of his smoke blowing. He's doing everything he can to not appear like a weak president.

Yet just like any other weak man with a bruised ego, he lashes out not with any kind of cunning but with "displays of force" that appeal only to the kinds of Americans who think posturing like a barking toy dog or puffing up your back like a housecat is the kind of thing that makes you look tough.

Trump has been presented with situation after situation in 2020 that offered amazing chances to at least appear like a decent leader. But it seems like division is literally the only trick he knows.

This is the most egregious example yet, making this situation work for him could have been huge but now he's fucked up so bad that the the literal internet (Social Media) is about to implode on him and he's so terrified of his own civilians that he goes and hides in a bunker.

I simply do not understand how otherwise intelligent americans can vouch for this pathetic human. He is literally China/Putin's presidential wet dream.

American tragedies are supposed to be where leaders get their brownie points, how could he EVER fuck this up so bad

He is extremely predictable. Sometimes I have to stop and ask myself whether or not he does it on purpose, but the end results of all his antics make it obvious that he doesn't.
So what should trump have done in your eyes? That would put him in a positive light in the liberal community?

Last edited:

DryPancakes

Jan 8, 2019
He is literally China/Putin's presidential wet dream.
Literally.

You almost had a point then you start spouting conspiracies and show how brainwashed by the crazy lefties you are. It's okay to call out flaws, almost everyone understands that he has many flaws, but you poeple are just deluded with your "always evil, no matter what he does" rethoric.

for example:

he's so terrified of his own civilians that he goes and hides in a bunker.
Afraid of civilians that are attacking poeple and burning buildings? I wonder why. What is he supposed to do then? if there's a possible threat he's not going to go out and face the mob, is he?

Reactions: DunDunDunpachi

LordKasual

Banned
Jul 28, 2016
So what should trump have done in your eyes? That would put him in a positive light in the liberal community?
literally any one of his political situations regarding race issues would be fixed with empathy, but he seems determined to maintain different stances based on the parties causing the discord.

If Trump responded to this issue like he did to Michigan it would have been genuinely surprising.

But this is completely consistent with Trump's historical stances on civil rights / protesting for minorities:

Basically, the left hates Trump because he absolutely refuses to acknowledge any kind of social issues, especially when it has to do with minorities. And this is just with black people, don't even get me started with hispanics or muslims.

Literally.

You almost had a point then you start spouting conspiracies and show how brainwashed by the crazy lefties you are. It's okay to call out flaws, almost everyone understands that he has many flaws, but you poeple are just deluded with your "always evil, no matter what he does" rethoric.
I don't know what anyone is supposed to do with the "always evil" charge when someone consistently does dumbass things.

I'm sure there are plenty of things Trump does that I agree with....the vast majority of his outward showings though is either retarded or in shows of bad faith.

I don't see why anyone else is responsible for making him look better than he makes himself look

He refuses to give an inch regarding the plights of anyone who isn't his core base, yet he's in a position of leadership for the entire country. Of course people hate him.

Last edited:

Kenpachii

Mar 23, 2018
literally any one of his political situations regarding race issues would be fixed with empathy, but he seems determined to maintain different stances based on the parties causing the discord.

If Trump responded to this issue like he did to Michigan it would have been genuinely surprising.

But this is completely consistent with Trump's historical stances on civil rights / protesting for minorities:

Basically, the left hates Trump because he absolutely refuses to acknowledge any kind of social issues, especially when it has to do with minorities. And this is just with black people, don't even get me started with hispanics or muslims.
If both resulted in riots and looting then yea you got a point its double standards and it looks bad.

iconmaster

Jul 18, 2013
Very interesting that the Insurrection Act was invoked during the Rodney King riots. This tells me several things:

1) There's sufficient recent precedent for it, legally and practically.
2) People will quickly forget that it happened. I'm only learning this now, and I was a teen at the time. (Though Wikipedia says the riots were quelled before any troops were deployed, so maybe that's why.)
3) People will also quickly forget about these riots.

Dec 15, 2011

What a farce.
The screenshot misrepresents what was said and who was being addressed - but as it fits your narrative you rely on it to do your usual screeching and admonishment.

You will eventually learn that your histrionics don't work.
And it's not because we're all so blind to your dazzling brilliance and cowering under your righteous finger-pointing of justice.
It's because what you're selling is worthless, you're a terrible salesman, and rational people can smell your stink from a mile away.

Reactions: GreenAlien

DunDunDunpachi

Patient MembeR
Apr 18, 2018
USA
dunpachi.com

I don't know what anyone is supposed to do with the "always evil" charge when someone consistently does dumbass things.

I'm sure there are plenty of things Trump does that I agree with....the vast majority of his outward showings though is either retarded or in shows of bad faith.

I don't see why anyone else is responsible for making him look better than he makes himself look
Make a comparison between Michigan's Gretchen Whitmer calling peaceful honking and protesting "racist and misogynistic" and her comments on the race-rioting now.

Your TDS has gotten the better of you. Thugs rob stores and beat up innocents. Protesters carry signs. If you're too stupid to tell the difference I have a great political party to introduce you to, but my guess is you already vote their way.

LordKasual

Banned
Jul 28, 2016
Make a comparison between Michigan's Gretchen Whitmer calling peaceful honking and protesting "racist and misogynistic" and her comments on the race-rioting now.

Your TDS has gotten the better of you. Thugs rob stores and beat up innocents. Protesters carry signs. If you're too stupid to tell the difference I have a great political party to introduce you to, but my guess is you already vote their way.
I'm not aware of Gretchen Whitmer's comments, feel free to point me in their direction /summerize and i'll give my thoughts.

And by your own logic, the first people he's referring to are also "THUGS" and yet didn't get the "THUG" treatment.

If both resulted in riots and looting then yea you got a point its double standards and it looks bad.
Yes, they both resulted in riots, though i'm not sure if looting was included.

#Phonepunk#

Sep 4, 2018
literally any one of his political situations regarding race issues would be fixed with empathy
LOOOOOOOL

we had a black president named Obama when BLM started. how come his magic empathy didn't fix the "race issue"?

Obama wasn't just "empathetic", he made a task force in 2014. how come that didn't fix it? your one stop "empathy" solution is childishly naive.

what a load of crap. hahah "empathy" admit it, you just want to control how this man Tweets. if he was a Dem saying nice things and doing exactly the same policy you would look the other way. you are whining about style.

im fully in support of military intervention to protect normal citizens from looting rioting terrorists. it's been used in the past, even by OH SO PROGRESSIVE OBAMA, so him using it is no big deal. anyone screaming otherwise is a TDS inflicted boob

Last edited:

pennythots

May 14, 2019
I’m just curious what the conservative Christians here thought about his deployment of violence against peaceful crowds for his photo op with the Bible. Because when I was a Christian I’d probably think it was, I dunno, sacrilegious? Pathetic shit stain felt bad about being called a coward so he unleashes LEOs so he can go stand there with sacred text he’s never read and scowl?

Good lord what has this country come to. Now pile on good boot lickers and tell me about TDS
It's sunken costs but what can ya do.

At the direction of the County Board, County Manager and Police Chief, all ACPD officers left the District of Columbia at 8:30 p.m. Monday, June 1, 2020. The County is re-evaluating the agreements that allowed our officers to be put in a compromising position that endangered their health and safety, and that of the people around them, for a purpose not worthy of our mutual aid obligations.
Seems like local leaders are taking matters into their own hands.

DunDunDunpachi

Patient MembeR
Apr 18, 2018
USA
dunpachi.com
I'm not aware of Gretchen Whitmer's comments, feel free to point me in their direction /summerize and i'll give my thoughts.

And by your own logic, the first people he's referring to are also "THUGS" and yet didn't get the "THUG" treatment.

Yes, they both resulted in riots, though i'm not sure if looting was included.
I don't think I need to repeat it: there's a difference between peaceful protests (the Michigan example) and people looting stores and burning down private property. If you can't see the difference, that's your problem. Educate yourself to avoid embarrassment in the future, I guess.

LordKasual

Banned
Jul 28, 2016
I don't think I need to repeat it: there's a difference between peaceful protests (the Michigan example) and people looting stores and burning down private property.
Turning over cars and setting them on fire? For a team losing a game? That's an example of a peaceful protest?

DunDunDunpachi

Patient MembeR
Apr 18, 2018
USA
dunpachi.com
Turning over cars and setting them on fire? For a team losing a game? That's an example of a peaceful protest?
I'm talking about the Wuhan flu demonstrations around the state a few weeks back. Made National news (because people were bored and didn't have riots to join). Folks drove around cities, including the capitol, honking horns and stuff.

I can't make excuses for what takes place after Spartan games on our liberal Big Ten campus 🤷‍♀️

LordKasual

Banned
Jul 28, 2016
I'm talking about the Wuhan flu demonstrations around the state a few weeks back. Made National news (because people were bored and didn't have riots to join). Folks drove around cities, including the capitol, honking horns and stuff.

I can't make excuses for what takes place after Spartan games on our liberal Big Ten campus 🤷‍♀️
Again, i haven't heard anything about that, you're gonna have to point me in the direction of this incident and the comments you're talking about. But to make this short, i don't possibly see how honking protest against covid could be racist or misogynistic.

And as for "peaceful protesting", I got videos right now of completely peaceful, kneeling protestors 15 feet away from police decked out in full riot gear who still feel the need to pull and arrest people.

DunDunDunpachi

Patient MembeR
Apr 18, 2018
USA
dunpachi.com
And? Footage of peaceful protesting doesn't erase footage of violent looting and mayhem. I'm not sure what you're trying to prove either way. It was your retarded comparison image. I explained why expecting a similar response to peaceful protesters in Michigan and looters was a silly comparison. And here we are, fudging the definition of "peaceful protests".

Dec 15, 2011
An Associated Press reporter reveals how the media propaganda beguiles useful idiots like LordKasual LordKasual and their enforcement of soft language - and is fuelled by political agenda and the push for narrative over facts:

Trey

Mar 3, 2010
And you know for sure he went down there terrified?
The only claim I myself made in this thread is that Trump had his Monday press conference specifically to appear tough, and that reaction was in part due to people criticizing him for going into a bunker.

Everything he's done and said since then, including minimizing why he went into the bunker, corroborates that.

I'm sure it was just a lucky guess.

Nymphae

Jun 3, 2013
Canada
I just don't understand this whole idea of holding back your enforcement of law. Like that letter from the NYC police chief yesterday I think it was? Like he staight up says I know we're being used as pawns, you have officers on the frontlines begging to use their crowd control tools. It doesn't make a lick of sense. I don't want to live in an authoritarian nightmare, but I do want to live in a world where if you are ignoring the reasonable and repeated requests to not riot, they open up on you and start making some examples. At some point a foot has to go down.

DunDunDunpachi

Patient MembeR
Apr 18, 2018
USA
dunpachi.com
The only claim I myself made in this thread is that Trump had his Monday press conference specifically to appear tough, and that reaction was in part due to people criticizing him for going into a bunker.

Everything he's done and said since then, including minimizing why he went into the bunker, corroborates that.

I'm sure it was just a lucky guess.
Remember when you mind-readers were interpreting every single one of Trump's daily actions and framing it as proof that he was in Putin's pocket?

Don't you get tired of embarrassing yourself over such a long, consistent period of time?

Amibguous Cad

Jul 25, 2008
The only cause of disorder here are police officers that murder the people they're sworn to protect with impunity. If Trump were serious about protecting order, he would have muzzled them, not pointed them at a throat.