Trump signs executive order giving Christmas Eve off to federal employees

Zangiefy360

Aug 30, 2018

Trump is the gift that keeps on giving. Can't wait for the spin from the usual suspects on why this is a bad thing.

cryptoadam

... and he cannot lie
Feb 21, 2018
How White Supremisct of him. What about Kwanza eve or EID eve? Clearly racist. And notice how snow is white. Come on guys put 2 and 2 together this is clearly racist and part of his neo nazi agenda. /s

NickFire

Mar 12, 2014
Obviously he must have known that Mueller planned to release his report, and indict Ivanka on Xmas Eve, and he's trying to stop that from happening.

Afro Republican

GAF>INTERNET>GAF, BITCHES
Aug 24, 2016
Makes it so they don't have to pay salary employees that day, and not give time and a half to hourly employees.

A lot of people likely won't realize this though, and consider it a 2 day break.

quickwhips

Jan 26, 2009
Makes it so they don't have to pay salary employees that day, and not give time and a half to hourly employees.

A lot of people likely won't realize this though, and consider it a 2 day break.
It’s called a holiday as they will get paid still. Also people that aren’t required shouldn’t get time and a half on a holiday.

Afro Republican

GAF>INTERNET>GAF, BITCHES
Aug 24, 2016
It’s called a holiday as they will get paid still. Also people that aren’t required shouldn’t get time and a half on a holiday.
Different parts of the government have different rules. That's why when some policies change some government workers protest and some don't.

infinitys_7th

Oct 1, 2006

Trump is the gift that keeps on giving. Can't wait for the spin from the usual suspects on why this is a bad thing.
I think people have covered that already in this topic - it will generate conspiracy theories about him trying to delay some investigation or something.

"Orange bad man is making investigators take a recess - what this means for Mueller's brave investigation."

PKM

Gold Member
Oct 11, 2017
Meh, not a federal employee.

I'll take what I have. 65-70 hours every Xmas week. Bosses take vacation, I take the OT.

Double time pay for OT. At around $100 an hour for 25-30 hours...Xmas pays for its self.

And I'll just sit around and play Civ 6 anyway!

Last edited:

NickFire

Mar 12, 2014
Hopefully he cancels the stupid 10 Billion that State plans to give to the countries that are responsible for the border crisis.

Sub_Level

wants to fuck an Asian grill.
Apr 9, 2009
I'm working 0 hours on christmas eve, 0 hours on christmas, 4 hours on new years eve, and 0 hours on new years day

Haters please leave.

DeepEnigma

Dec 3, 2013
Yes, it's the stock markets fault that the economy is failing due to the current leadership, you're delusional.
There are more than just stock market investments. But since you you get your talking points from headlines...

Last edited:

DeepEnigma

Dec 3, 2013
And you get your "facts" from Fox News, that's a little bit of the pot calling the kettle black isn't it?
What broad brushes we paint for the partisan narrow views.

I do not watch any MSM, but keep at it champ. But since you want to use the "kettle black" analogy for me... show me the receipts of me getting my "facts" from "Fox News"... tag me when you are done. Thanks!

Last edited:

EscapeArtist

Banned
Dec 18, 2014
Midwest
What broad brushes we paint for the partisan narrow views.

I do not watch any MSM, but keep at it champ. But since you want to use the "kettle black" analogy for me... show me the receipts of me getting my "facts" from "Fox News"... tag me when you are done. Thanks!
You're right, I'm sorry. You get your news from places like "gellerreport" I wonder how they lean... https://mediabiasfactcheck.com/geller-report/

guggnichso

May 16, 2005
germany
Well, good for those federal employees. Still, best wishes to all those people who still have to work during Christmas, I had to do that for the last 15 years, and it fucking sucks. Luckily, I sored a job 2 years ago where I‘m free on this wonderful holiday. Merry Christmas to all those federal employees who now can dedicate more time to their families!

First Trump order that I fully support 😎

EscapeArtist

Banned
Dec 18, 2014
Midwest
Has anyone pointed out that people were acting like he's such a good guy for doing this then he shut down the government so they would have gotten the day off anyway...but now they don't get paid? Am I the first?

ssolitare

Manbaby: The Member
Jan 12, 2009
Has anyone pointed out that people were acting like he's such a good guy for doing this then he shut down the government so they would have gotten the day off anyway...but now they don't get paid? Am I the first?
We know, but the question is do Trump supporters care?

They applaud giving feds an extra holiday, but want to hack and slash their jobs, and don't mind them not getting paid due to a shutdown that Trump instigated.

Last edited: