• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Trump Signs Executive Order To Stop Family Separations At Border

pramod

Banned
It's almost like every other thing cheeto has tried to do. No planning and horrible execution, putting people in unnecessarily horrible positions. Weird.

I dont disagree with your assessment actually. But I still support his policies. Do I wish Trump was a more skilled experienced policy maker? Of course I do. All his supporters do. But who else out there has the ability to win a national election and wants to end illegal immigration? People who support Trump are not irrational. They simply are taking the only option available to them.

Last edited:

Naudi

Banned
I dont disagree with your assessment actually. But I still support his policies. Do I wish trump was a more skilled experienced policy maker? Of course I do. All his supporters do. But who else out there has the ability to win a national election and wants to end illegal immigration? People who support Trump are not irrational. They simply are taking the only option available to them.
You can't end illegal immigration. It will always be there, only question is do you want someone inept at the job that causes unnecessary human suffering.

pramod

Banned
Maybe not completely end it, but bring it under control and force Congress to make some new sensible immigration laws. The current immigration system is completely broken.

Naudi

Banned
Maybe not completely end it, but bring it under control and force Congress to make some new sensible immigration laws. The current immigration system is completely broken.

Yeah make it way easier and cheaper for people to come here. Emphasis being cheaper. Otherwise nothing will ever change. Just like in America poor people have no choice but to do what they feel they have to do.

Vangelis

Banned
Ouch. I would rather them here then you. With an "opinion" like this I say you bring nothing to the table. America has and will always be compassionate toward migrants. If you don't like that maybe you should find somewhere else to live.

Then they can come legally. They're lucky we dont defend our border with lethal force.

Vangelis

Banned
You’d shoot little kids?

Hell no and anyone who does should find themselves on the other end of a firing squad. I never said I want them killed. I said they're lucky we don't guard it with lethal force. Detaining them is humane. We don't have to keep them detained and deported.

He really didn't. It's amazing how uninformed people get so passionate about things they aren't passionate enough to research...

Bill Clinton started this, Trump finished it. Do your research...
Are you saying Bill started the idea of separating families?

finowns

Yeah make it way easier and cheaper for people to come here. Emphasis being cheaper. Otherwise nothing will ever change. Just like in America poor people have no choice but to do what they feel they have to do.

But the majority of Americans don't want to make it easier or cheaper. It should be completely merit based with us benefiting from getting the richest and most skilled people into our country.

BANGS

Banned
You post didn’t prove he started Trump’s policy.
Like clockwork... :)

Never said another president started his policy, I said he started this mess in general, which he did when his administration started detaining kids. Trump finished it. Now the kids won't be separated. Bye...

Key word there is that it allows the agency to detain accompanied minors. Clinton's, Bush's and Obama's policies were not to do that very often. Trump and Sessions decided to go full zero tolerance and make it their policy to separate children from their families most of the time.

They were allowed to do so, but that doesn't make it the right thing to do, nor does it exempt them from moral judgement or complaints from the American people.
I can agree with this...

Obama’s cuz he didn’t do it
Yes he did, just not as often as the new zero tolerance policy allows. Plenty of pictures of kids in cages coming during his administration...

Are you saying Bill started the idea of separating families?
No, I'm saying his administration allowed it when it came into question all those years ago...

Last edited:

natjjohn

I think we are arguing different things. You are pointing at what was the legal justification for Trump’s policy, while most are arguing about Trump’s actual policy (well, former policy as it was unpopular except for a small subsection of people). I’m saying Trump started his own policy, and then decided to end his own policy.

Top Bottom