• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Trump supporters... how can you still support that mutant old ass chunk of feces?

DrAspirino

Nov 19, 2018
Chile
Xi is the master politician, which is why the Hong Kong protests have been going on for months 😂
Believe it or not, he is. A n00b would've gone full force against Hong Kong and, by doing so, creating a martyr city and the perfect excuse for the USA and/or NATO to sanction China (or even wage war if shit got really serious).

He's been playing the long game and so far it has been fruitful for him: he got to change chinese constitution to reelect him for life (thus making him a dictator without the need of a coup), he's gotten away with his stunts, manipulated WHO...

He's evil AF, but that doesn't remove the fact that the bastard plays 4D chess (just like Putin) in politics, while Trump barely plays checkers.

Last edited:
  • LOL
Reactions: HeresJohnny

HeresJohnny

Mar 14, 2018
Believe it or not, he is. A n00b would've gone full force against Hong Kong and, by doing so, create a martyr city and the perfect excuse for the USA and/or NATO to sanction China.

He's been playing the long game and so far it has been fruitful for him: he got to change chinese constitution to reelect him for life (thus making him a dictator without the need of a coup), he's gotten away with his stunts, manipulated WHO...

He's evil AF, but that doesn't remove the fact that the bastard plays 4D chess (just like Putin) in politics, while Trump barely plays checkers.
China will be sanctioned for it.

matt404au

Banned
Apr 25, 2009
Straya
I am neither American nor a Trump supporter. But even then I would throw my lot in with the 'Evil Orange Man' (tm) because everything the liberals and their most fanatic supporters have done in the past few years has been complete insanity. Why the fuck would I support a side that calls for a complete destruction of the country I live in just because they hate the guy who sits in the White House?
Precisely. I don’t side with Trump because I like Trump (I don’t). I side with him because he’s the chemotherapy to the cancer that his opposition have spread for decades. Chemo isn’t pleasant, but it’s necessary for the survival of the host.

KINGMOKU

May 16, 2005
I love how people just complain and dont offer any alternative solutions

No wonder they're rioting without any purpose

"THIS WILL SOLVE RACISM!" *burns a building down*-Black owned business

Get a grip, no wonder Bernie lost.
I didn't want to correct you and I'm sorry for it, but this story is terrible.

How does this make any damn sense?

Kreios

Oct 5, 2010
U.S.
I keep seeing this thinking from many different people. It’s as if everyone thinks the US is some kind of dictatorship where Trump is #1 and everything falls on him. “Trump failed with the virus,” “Trump can’t control protests,” “Trump can’t do this or that.” The US has a government comprised of multiple branches with people within those branches, and the states with theirs. Yet I don’t see any of the governors in the affected states putting their balls on the table, and controlling things. Put the blame were it belongs, so maybe the damn country can move forward for once, instead of voting in the same idiots that mismanage your state. Get involved

Strife In a Teacup

Gold Member
Jun 23, 2013
Yet I don’t see any of the governors in the affected states putting their balls on the table
Not to worry. Several of those governors put their balls on the table already with all of this shit this year. I wouldn't be the least bit surprised to get a couple of them recalled. And definitely voted out on the next election. They will be held to account one way or another.

MajimaEverywhere

Formerly 'wienke'
Sep 2, 2007
I'm one of those dirty liberal centrist types but something that always bugs me about internet discourse with Trump is that it really isn't all that shocking he still has supporters.

There's only two parties and if you have a wedge issue that you favor above all else (abortion, gun rights) then you're not left with a lot of options.

That all said, I don't even see where Trump factors into any of this. This particular event is handled almost entirely at the local and state level.

Roronoa Zoro

Oct 17, 2016
Pittsburgh
I don't support trump. In fact every time I see one of his tweets I think what an idiot he is and when I listen to him speak I just keep thinking of how he could've worded that better

The problem is I then see people making shit up and taking things so damn far in the other direction that it seems crazy to me and then I wanna vote for him just to prevent that line of thinking from being legitimized.

Whoever pisses me off less will have my vote in November and I have no idea which way I'll fall come that time.

brettski2024

Dec 3, 2013
Instead of charging and arresting the cops responsible for the killing of a POC he allows for America to just go up in flames?, how can you honestly stand up for him?, only the vile, wretched and the heartless can.
This is the dumbest, most hollow argument I've seen in a while. I mean who can stand up for someone asking for law and order and who has already expressed his sorrow for the family?

You are asking him to be a community organizer lol. Maybe if he said "these antifa freaks could be my son"

womfalcs3

Banned
May 11, 2007
Even Tucker Carlson is bashing Trump (see video in other thread on the front page). Bad economy, bad social state, bad foreign policy failures... Trump has been a failure. His supporters should be ashamed for defending this orange turd.

btgorman

Jul 26, 2009
Even Tucker Carlson is bashing Trump (see video in other thread on the front page). Bad economy, bad social state, bad foreign policy failures... Trump has been a failure. His supporters should be ashamed for defending this orange turd.
Tucker Carlson never liked Trump.

Sometimes Tucker agrees with Trump and sometimes not. You didn’t fall upon some revelatory story here...

Last edited:

HeresJohnny

Mar 14, 2018
Glad you're okay. Did you go out Trick 'r Looting? Get any goodies?

Last edited:

B-universe

Mar 23, 2020
Yes, seems reasonable. People shouldn't form their own opinions by using critical thinking. Goodness no. They should orient themselves like sunflowers towards whatever commentator womfalcs3 womfalcs3 disagrees with 99% of the time but is now appealing to because it's convenient.

Have you tried breathing exercises?

womfalcs3

Banned
May 11, 2007
He's still the best Republican so far.

Hated Bush, McCain was a warhawk, Romney turned out to be a spineless traitor.

Trump inhales air and the entire world loses their mind. He's gotta be doing something right when the media constantly wants him removed while propping up limp-wrist candidates like Biden (lol) or Hillary.
That's a false leap of logic. "If the media hates him, then he must be good."

Reactions: TheContact

LordKasual

Banned
Jul 28, 2016
If you enjoy politics then you would know that the Left hated Trump before he'd even stepped foot in the White House; indeed hated him before he won; and in fact hated him as soon as he announced he was running. Further, Hong Kong has good reason to hate Xi; while the Democrats' hatred for Trump moves from bullshit story to bullshit story. First he was a sexist, then he was a racist, then he was a Russian. Xi, on the other hand leads a brutal regime that kills people and harvests body parts, a regime that has overseen the theft of intellectual properties and currency manipulation, a regime that unleashed a pandemic on the world and then lied about before buying up land in the countries ravaged by it.

Trump says what he says because he isn't Xi, despite the mouth-frothers on the left acting like he is. They will hate him no matter what he does, because on top of being batshit crazy, they're unwilling to look inward and reflect on making their platform something that speaks to the entire country instead of the already blue coasts.

I've no doubt they would kill Trump if they could, but that says more about them than it does him.
You act like people "hating him no matter what" is some kind of mutually exclusive thing. It suspiciously sounds like you're suggesting there aren't tons of right-wing nuts who don't fantasize about murdering left-wing politicians on the regular. Are you forgetting all the exceedingly petty shit Obama had to deal with before he even got in office? First he wasn't a citizen, then he was muslim, then after he was a megalomaniac, ect.

Xi is the master politician, which is why the Hong Kong protests have been going on for months 😂
He's a fucking genius compared to Trump, and that counts for Putin as well. They know how to fuck their civilians over and still save face with not only the world governments but also their own country.

Trump desperately wants to be on that tier of leader ("Powerful Dictator") but he completely lacks the background or intellect to pull it off.

Last edited:

HeresJohnny

Mar 14, 2018
You act like people "hating him no matter what" is some kind of mutually exclusive thing. It suspiciously sounds like you're suggesting there aren't tons of right-wing nuts who don't fantasize about murdering left-wing politicians on the regular. Are you forgetting all the exceedingly petty shit Obama had to deal with before he even got in office? First he wasn't a citizen, then he was muslim, then after he was a megalomaniac, ect.
There's a difference between being shit on and being impeached on a completely bogus charge for colluding with a government that never happened. Obama got shit on, sure. What's happened to Trump has been some next level shit, and I only pray the next time a Democrat gets in the same thing doesn't happen now that it's been proven fair game.

Also, let's barter in facts. The only politician to have been shot in recent years was Scalise, and it was by a hardcore leftist Sanders supporter. Rand Paul was also attacked by his crazed Leftist neighbor. And before that Gabby Giffords was shot and nearly killed by Jared Loughner, who was a wackjob and didn't attack her out of political affiliation, but because she answered one of his stupid questions incorrectly. Not saying there aren't people who would visit harm on Lefties, but there aren't any recent examples of it. Just like I'm sure there are some right wing anarchists, but the ones out there right now by the thousands are leftist shitheads.

Last edited:

JordanN

Apr 21, 2012
Brampton, Ontario
That's a false leap of logic. "If the media hates him, then he must be good."
There's a 50:50 chance that he's right.

For example, when the media thought he was actually going to war with North Korea instead of just trolling the hell out of Kim Jong Un and even became the first U.S President to actually talk to him in person.

Last edited:

matt404au

Banned
Apr 25, 2009
Straya
I compared their discurse and position of power. Xi, as a seasoned politician, knows exactly what to say, when to say it, how to say it and how to twist his own words to not lose face if need be. Trump, on the other hand, since his campaign has had a very basic, impulsive and even contradictory discourse, full of verbiage. They can't be more different, yet both are hated to the core by their opposition (antifa for Trump and Hong Kong for Xi) and people of Hong Kong wouldn't doubt even for a second to shoot Xi if they had him in front of them.

So... if Trump were intelligent enough or a more seasoned politician, he would know that there are things he can't say because he wouldn't do them himself and he would know exactly how much his opposition hates him to use his own words and actions against him.

Do you actually believe that extremists from Antifa would hesitate for even a second to shoot Trump if they had him in front of them?

I don't like Trump, but neither Xi nor the US democrats. I happen to like politics as a game of powers and discourses, and as of lately, Trump has left much to be desired on the rethoric and politics aspect.
These people hate Trump because of who he is. The Hong Kong protestors hate Xi because of what he has done.

Hong Kong protestors are pushing back against authoritarian collectivism to conserve their liberal democracy. The US rioters are pushing back against a democratically elected president in pursuit of collectivism.

The two scenarios aren’t even remotely equivalent. You need to pick a side: liberal democracy or authoritarian collectivism. You can’t just equalise your way to oblivion.

MrA

Mar 9, 2020
These people hate Trump because of who he is. The Hong Kong protestors hate Xi because of what he has done.

Hong Kong protestors are pushing back against authoritarian collectivism to conserve their liberal democracy. The US rioters are pushing back against a democratically elected president in pursuit of collectivism.

The two scenarios aren’t even remotely equivalent. You need to pick a side: liberal democracy or authoritarian collectivism. You can’t just equalise your way to oblivion.
I think he's joining long being chairman tickles in the how much do I like Winnie the Pooh fan club
It's amazing how the left loves oppressive violent authoritarians

matt404au

Banned
Apr 25, 2009
Straya
I think he's joining long being chairman tickles in the how much do I like Winnie the Pooh fan club
It's amazing how the left loves oppressive violent authoritarians
i miss Tickle-Me Xinnie

I wonder what the little scamp is up to

LordKasual

Banned
Jul 28, 2016
There's a difference between being shit on and being impeached on a completely bogus charge for colluding with a government that never happened. Obama got shit on, sure. What's happened to Trump has been some next level shit, and I only pray the next time a Democrat gets in the same thing doesn't happen now that it's been proven fair game.
Again, you really act like the right wasn't desperately trying to get Obama impeached too. Obama just wasn't so stupid to put himself in such a situation where doing it would be so damn linear. We're talking about a man who gets into fights with the FBI, and contradicts/undermines his own intelligence committees. Trump just got caught being Trump. But it's not like he was ever in danger of actually being removed from office so whatever.

Not saying there aren't people who would visit harm on Lefties, but there aren't any recent examples of it. Just like I'm sure there are some right wing anarchists, but the ones out there right now by the thousands are leftist shitheads.
Right-wing extremists wage atrocities on lefties/civilians all the damn time, and have been for more than decades. There IS a reason why left-wing extremists have gotten so crazy.

I do find it very odd though how BLM or these riots/protests are labeled as a "Left Wing" thing when it's clearly a civil rights thing, which is only "left wing" if the "right wing" doesn't believe in them.

Which they generally don't, but that's another conversation entirely

matt404au

Banned
Apr 25, 2009
Straya
Again, you really act like the right wasn't desperately trying to get Obama impeached too. Obama just wasn't so stupid to put himself in such a situation where doing it would be so damn linear. We're talking about a man who gets into fights with the FBI, and contradicts/undermines his own intelligence committees. Trump just got caught being Trump. But it's not like he was ever in danger of actually being removed from office so whatever.

Right-wing extremists wage atrocities on lefties/civilians all the damn time, and have been for more than decades. There IS a reason why left-wing extremists have gotten so crazy.

I do find it very odd though how BLM or these riots/protests are labeled as a "Left Wing" thing when it's clearly a civil rights thing, which is only "left wing" if the "right wing" doesn't believe in them.

Antifa’s extremism is the fault of those god damn white supremacists

HeresJohnny

Mar 14, 2018

Trump didn’t put himself in a position to be impeached, the entire narrative was fiction. Haven’t you been following what has been happening? Further, it has become clear that Obama weaponized spy agencies both with regard to the illegal spying on the Trump campaign but also further back to when he had the IRS investigate groups affiliated with the Tea Party.

Trump fighting with people like Comey and Brennan is a good thing; both those men are pieces of shit that had no business being in the positions they were in. Same with Clapper. And here you begin to see a pattern form: all these people who hate Trump have a vested interest in the status quo remaining in place.

Scotty W

Sep 29, 2019
I have always thought that Trump should not be in the White House. But his opponents are worse than him.

Trump also has a Machiavellian genius to him, where he makes his opponents act in the most irrational way possible, ie he drives the left to the far left. Or to restate it, he divides the left- part of which goes to the extreme ,while the other half of the left is repelled by this and moves to the right.

Reactions: Zangiefy360

Liberty4all

Nov 11, 2007
Yo l4a, you landed on your feet? Cruise industry doesn’t look to be making a comeback anytime soon...
thanks for asking!

I got the Canadian Emergency Response Benefit (2000 a month for 4 months). It ends soon but I was eligible for Employment Insurance benefits when laid off which will last another 10 months.

Plus I got a bunch of money on NAK (NYSE)/NDM.TO (TSX) ... gold miner in alaska sitting on a MASSIVE mount of gold. Looks like they gonna get the Environmental permit and stock will skyrocket (i hope!).

I haven’t really started looking for another position but will be soon ... businesses here are only just starting to open again.

Last edited:
  • Praise the Sun
Reactions: matt404au

matt404au

Banned
Apr 25, 2009
Straya
thanks for asking!

I got the Canadian Emergency Response Benefit (2000 a month for 4 months). It ends soon but I was eligible for Employment Insurance benefits when laid off which will last another 10 months.

Plus I got a bunch of money on NAK (NYSE)/NDM.TO (TSX) ... gold miner in alaska sitting on a MASSIVE mount of gold. Looks like they gonna get the Environmental permit and stock will skyrocket (i hope!).

I haven’t really started looking for another position but will be soon ... businesses here are only just starting to open again.
Hope you’ve been learning to code in the downtime

Reactions: Liberty4all

Liberty4all

Nov 11, 2007
Hope you’ve been learning to code in the downtime
haha

im not sure what I’m going to do to be honest. Selling cruises was a career change for me. I suspect conpanies will still need people to sell their shit, so I’m hoping to find something remote in sales.

• Thoughtful
Reactions: matt404au