• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Trump supporters, how do you defend Trumps move to allow known carcinogens shown to cause Brain Tumors in Children on crops

Oct 27, 2017
Trump staffed the EPA with oil industry lobbyists and these are the results...

1. Trumps EPA undid Obama's ban on chlorpyrifos, a chemical known to cause Brain damage in children and fetuses...

2. Trumps EPA sided with Monsanto by allowing them.to continue using a chemical linked to nonhodgkins lymphoma (a very serious form of cancer)...

3. Trump administration moved to undo Obama restriction on TCE, a carcinogen that causes Ewing Sarcoma and AL Lymphoma in children...

There are a dozen other similar examples this year alone but we can start the debate with these three recent examples.

Is this what draining the swamp looks like, filling the EPA with lobbyists that donated to your campaign so they get to do Shit like this?

Last edited:

Boss Mog

Dec 12, 2013
Your tag suits you perfectly OP. Do you think that under Obama, companies suddenly stopped using dangerous chemicals?

Last edited:
Oct 27, 2017
Your tag suits you perfectly. Do you think that under Obama, companies suddenly stopped using dangerous chemicals?
Lol. That's the shallowest argument I have ever heard.

Trump unbanned the use of multiple chemicals known to cause cancer. chlorpyrifos, TCE and RU are all carcinogens banned in Europe, and banned in the US under Obama that Trump is now allowing companies to use. The OP has reciepts of exactly this.

Can you name of even one such known carcinogen that Obama unbanned?

Last edited:
Reactions: undrtakr900
Oct 27, 2017
Nintendo Switch. Isn't that what all these male feminists that turn out to be pedofiles always have in their profile pictures? Next to the Pizza emoji?
Quite proud of the tag actually. It's a nice badge of honor as to how ass backwards the moderation team here is, as if that isn't already demonstrated by how the mods allow trolls like you to run rampant but it's the people like me who post actual well reasoned replies that are the problem and need tags/bans/thread locks etc just because of my political views.

Last edited:

Cunth

Fingerlickin' Good!
May 22, 2018
Quite proud of the tag actually. It's a nice badge of honor as to how ass backwards the moderation team here is, as if that isn't already demonstrated by how the mods allow trolls like you to run rampant in threads critical of Trump or just straight up lock threads critical of Trump/Fox News/Tucker Carlson etc.
So you’re right and all the mods are wrong

Shaqazooloo

Nov 3, 2018
Canada
I'm kind of getting sick of these resetera trolls with their TDS.

You don't have to agree with everything that Trump does to support him.

Oct 27, 2017
OP's post history shows him to be a 100% provocateur.
I'm reporting him to mods and expect him to be banned.
If he isn't, and this type of member is to be allowed, expect GAF to become ERA again.
Yes great approach. Because you are unable to refute the facts in the OP, you instead want to ignore it entirely and prove my point about how biased the moderation here is.

Trolls who ignore the topic entirely and just attack anyone that criticizes Trump are allowed to run free but it's the people like me who post actual well reasoned replies that are the problem and need tags/bans/thread locks etc.

Last edited:

TwiztidElf

Mar 5, 2005
Yes great approach. Because you are unable to refute the facts in the OP, you instead want to ignore it entirely and prove my point about how biased the moderation here is.

Trolls who ignore the topic entirely and just attack anyone that criticizes Trump are allowed to run free but it's the people like me who post actual well reasoned replies that are the problem and need tags/bans/thread locks etc.
I never questioned this thread. This thread has every right to exist. It's a good topic, and I fucking despise Monsanto. Every time EA wins the "worst company ever" award, I'm like but what about Monsanto, GE, BP, Shell, etc, etc?
I questioned your purpose and post history, which doesn't seem to indicate that you want to contribute positively to this video game board. Your username is 'Nintendo Switch' but you haven't posted anything about Nintendo.

Last edited:
Reactions: Shaqazooloo

Patriots7

Jul 15, 2008
"I like it when zaddy grabs me by the sex organ"

"We only care about a child's well being until birth"

I assume.

Oct 27, 2017
I questioned your purpose and post history, which doesn't seem to indicate that you want to contribute positively to this video game board. Your username is 'Nintendo Switch' but you haven't posted anything about Nintendo.
There is no rule that you have to post about videogames to be a neogaf member but actually almost all of my early posting and all of my early threads were about videogames.

In fact, my very first contribution to this forum was this thread that Carmack posted on my behalf here https://www.neogaf.com/threads/what-improvements-would-you-like-to-see-in-a-switch-revision.1457455/

Tesseract

Crushed by Thanos
Dec 7, 2008
this issue goes far back as the bush administration, and the 9th circuit is still fomenting on the issue as science advisory agendas change to best suit farmer market expansions near residential zones

DunDunDunpachi

Patient MembeR
Apr 18, 2018
USA
dunpachi.com
I think Trump is giving a pass to big business like he has been doing since the beginning. It would be wonderful if Trump in particular was aware of the damage these chemicals are doing to our bodies and to our soil fertility, but 99.9% of politicians at all levels of gov't (state and local, too) are either ignorant or willfully ignoring these facts.

BigAg is responsible for BigAg's behavior, and if the recent lawsuits are any indication (for instance, Bayer just offered a pithy $8 billion out of court settlement to make it go away), Trump doesn't have to do anything anyway. The courts will handle it. Trump is wrong on this topic, but he's just one out of many (most) politicians who are also wrong, sadly.

For people who consider Trump a tyrant, it must be a bizarre cognitive dissonance when Trump doesn't act like a tyrant toward your personal moral gripes.

As an aside, both sides talk about "infrastructure", but an overhaul of our agriculture would be one of the best things we could do and that barely gets a mention. It seems that it is the hard-working farmers and entrepreneurs who are tackling this problem anyway, with or without the government's help. That's how it typically goes in America.

Reactions: EmSeta

Stilton Disco

Gold Member
Aug 22, 2014
UK
Honestly, as a former biochemical analyst that tested food for contamination in the UK, theres so much poison in American produce that a bit more isnt going to make a difference.

The almost complete lack of regulation over there is shocking, and the reason sod all food is imported from the US to Europe.

Bloody China have stricter controls over stuff that goes into their consumables, and even their so called 'organic' produce went right up to the line of the legal Maximum Residue Levels to be sold in UK stores. We never once had any US stuff that wasn't multiple times over those MRL's, whenever some importer thought they'd see if the massively low prices for US goods were good enough to be true (they never were, and the entire shipment would have to be destroyed, sometimes costing them hundreds of thousands of pounds).

HeresJohnny

Mar 14, 2018
Honestly, as a former biochemical analyst that tested food for contamination in the UK, theres so much poison in American produce that a bit more isnt going to make a difference.

The almost complete lack of regulation over there is shocking, and the reason sod all food is imported from the US to Europe.

Bloody China have stricter controls over stuff that goes into their consumables, and even their so called 'organic' produce went right up to the line of the legal Maximum Residue Levels to be sold in UK stores. We never once had any US stuff that wasn't multiple times over those MRL's, whenever some importer thought they'd see if the massively low prices for US goods were good enough to be true (they never were, and the entire shipment would have to be destroyed, sometimes costing them hundreds of thousands of pounds).
That's scary as hell right there.

bucyou

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2018
another shit for brains with TDS bites the dust.

If these darn pseudo intellectual progressives could only formulate a coherent argument, instead of screeching at the sky...

Last edited:
Reactions: HeresJohnny

Miku Miku

Gold Member
Jan 13, 2018
And @womfalcs3 takes the early lead with a sick burn on matt404au! Accusing him of being on the take from the Trump campaign! Wow, what a move! Who would’ve seen that coming? @Horns and @Nintendo Switch have a lot of work to do if they want to catch up and earn the right to challenge the current people’s TDS champion @Arkage for the title!
And @matt404au wins by a landslide! He is the best Trump fan! In a shocking turn of events, he even defends LITERAL cancer as long as its cancer with the right ideaology! That cancer really owned the libs (and everyone else who eats food)!

Don't forget matt404a doesn't even live in the US, doesn't eat food with these levels of carcinogens, but still feels like it's a productive use of his time to apologize for cancer! matt4au thinks it's funny you are getting cancer. And you won't have great health care to help you either when you get it.

The winner! Congratulations matt!

That is straight horrifying. Why would he undo a ban on something like this?
You should ask matt, he is the best Trump fan on this site. If anyone knows why someone would want to defend cancer, it's him!

Stilton Disco, TDS champion!

Miku Miku

Gold Member
Jan 13, 2018
Think about when you're married and have kids. Finally retired, if you're lucky and work hard your entire life. And think about the fact that you're going to miss your grandchildren's birthday, because your body is riddled with cancer. At this point, you aren't even worried about yourself. Your life is largely over. You just want to see your children smile, and get them a present. You want to be there for your wife another day. You want to see the sun rise.

But you cant, because you're going to die a slow, painful, and uncurable death. At that point, lying in your bed, listening to your wife cry as you slowly close your eyes and die from the tumors crushing your internal organs - you'll only have one thought in your mind.

"Thanks matt404au!!! You were really the best Trump fan!!!"

Last edited:

bucyou

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2018
Think about when you're married and have kids. Finally retired, if you're lucky and work hard your entire life. And think about the fact that you're going to miss your grandchildren's birthday, because your body is riddled with cancer. At this point, you aren't even worried about yourself. Your life is largely over. You just want to see your children smile, and get them a present. You want to be there for your wife another day. You want to see the sun rise.

But you cant, because you're going to die a slow, painful, and uncurable death. At that point, lying in your bed, listening to your wife cry as you slowly close your eyes and die from the tumors crushing your internal organs - you'll only have one thought in your mind.

"Thanks matt404au!!!"

Posts like your last 2 are a good argument for a pathetic/pity reaction button, get help.

edit: ♥

Last edited:
  • Triggered
Reactions: Miku Miku

DunDunDunpachi

Patient MembeR
Apr 18, 2018
USA
dunpachi.com
That is straight horrifying. Why would he undo a ban on something like this?
Monsanto has been putting in quite a PR campaign for the last decade, including "grassroots" movements where they meet with smaller farmers and get them hyped up about "cleaner, safer" chemical production. And consider this:

Universities, various third-party organizations, etc have rubber-stamped the idea that these chemicals are safe. Trump has the tendency to go along with what big businesses are saying, and since the scientific research supports the idea that these are safe, why would Trump go against established science, especially when there is so much profit in it?

Madonis

Oct 21, 2018
This thread has become a bit of a train wreck, but I do think it's worrying.

I understand wanting to remove excess regulations on business, yet some health regulations can and must still exist even if they get in the way of profitability.

Short term profit is not and should not be above legitimate concerns for human safety and health. The fact that, unfortunately, some companies manage to lobby hard enough to gain an advantage in this field and potentially put large human populations at risk is shameful.

triplestation

Dec 23, 2008
NYC
I agree. This is very concerning.

I was neutral on Trump and thought he was hilarious but after this I say fuck him. I imagine he just signed some shit without reading. Even worse if he knowingly signed into this. This is just the highest degree of irresponsible. You're crumbling the country from the most fundamental level. Those red hats are now the most bogus things ever made. Don't fuck with people's food.

I hope he gets crushed in 2020 so this can turn around. This is a hardcore issue if I've ever seen one.

If you can create a nationwide display of this, I don't know how you can vote for someone who is lacing your bread with cancer and mutilating your children's brains. My heart goes out to the people trying to put an end to this.

NOW I HAVE TO THINK ABOUT BUYING ORGANIC AGAIN

FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU

UUUUUUUUUUUUUUUCCCCCCCCCKKK

Short term profit is not and should not be above legitimate concerns for human safety and health. The fact that, unfortunately, some companies manage to lobby hard enough to gain an advantage in this field and potentially put large human populations at risk is shameful.
It is despicable.

Last edited:

ssolitare

Banned
Jan 12, 2009
Yeah this is really bad news. Luckily I'm by some local farms that don't do this, but when I move i'd be right back to companies who use this shit.

Reduce regulations at all cost idealogues are known for their poor choices.

Last edited:
Reactions: Stilton Disco

Solomeena

Jan 8, 2018
Every thing causes fucking cancer these days, some shit that Trump unbans isn't going to make it better or worse.

Oct 26, 2018
If anything the chemicals improve life.

USA lifespans steadily increased for 100 years despite all the crud, pollution and unhealthy shit people eat. And that includes chemicals to grow food.

Farming chemicals get banned years back and USA lifespans suddenly flatlined (or I think even slightly decreased for once).

Sorry Nintendo Switch, food chemicals are good!

triplestation

Dec 23, 2008
NYC
If anything the chemicals improve life.

USA lifespans steadily increased for 100 years despite all the crud, pollution and unhealthy shit people eat. And that includes chemicals to grow food.

Farming chemicals get banned years back and USA lifespans suddenly flatlined (or I think even slightly decreased for once).

Sorry Nintendo Switch, food chemicals are good!
They should bottle the pesticides and sell it as a life enhancing* supplement!

*"enjoy your cancer folks and fuck you and your stupid children you worthless bottom feeding creatures"

Last edited:

Tesseract

Crushed by Thanos
Dec 7, 2008
the issue is more about groundwater in residential zones, not so much foods

need to dig into this a bit more, this is the most politicized business on the planet for a reason

Reactions: Stilton Disco

Whitesnake

Jan 31, 2018
Of note is that the EPA enforces a maximum level of residue of chlopyrifos on produce, a limit which companies have previously pressured them to do away with and as far as I’m aware the EPA hasn’t budged on that front.

I’ve had about enough of openly-biased sites trying to tell me that random inoccuous things are giving people autism or cancer or whatever.