• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Trump Told Russians That Firing ‘Nut Job’ Comey Eased Pressure From Investigation

hEist

eo8pF7l.png

https://twitter.com/felixsalmon/status/865649690435395585

Bronx-Man

Banned
So the White House isn't even denying that the President of the US admitted to obstruction of justice? What a time to be alive.

DietRob

i've been begging for over 5 years.
"He was crazy, a real nut job,” Mr. Trump said

4X1Q6v2.jpg

Also, a near text book example of obstruction of justice.

LOCK HIM UP!
LOCK HIM UP!
LOCK HIM UP!

Plinko

Wildcard berths that can't beat teams without a winning record should have homefield advantage
It's fucking done.

This is straight up obstruction then.

Why why why why why did he say it out loud on the record to the Russians?!?!?!

I'm reeling from the sheer stupidity of this.

No, no, no...it was a "tactic!" Don't you see? He was luring them into a false sense of security!

No ways to spin this. The GOP should just stick their tongue out and give the press the finger as a response. They are holding the Country hostage to maintain control as long as possible if they do nothing about this.

Horns

And he'll give a couple more conflicting reasons why he did that in the coming weeks. The dude is an idiot.

Akuun

Looking for meaning in GAF
It's fucking done.

This is straight up obstruction then.

Why why why why why did he say it out loud on the record to the Russians?!?!?!

I'm reeling from the sheer stupidity of this.
He probably thought the Russians would give him a good pat on the head for it.

Boke1879

I know Trump has been able to skate by with a lot but I truly don't understand why it's not a bigger deal that he has, both publicly and privately, said that he fired Comey because of the investigation.

Yup. He's has openly admitted why he did it.

DietRob

i've been begging for over 5 years.
Apparently they timed these to drop just as AF1 took off. Imagine being trapped on there with Trump right now.

Oh, this is brilliant. Is he able to tweet from AF1?

I hope reporters are able to. There has got to be some screaming and yelling going on. I live for Trump being miserable so I want to hear some audio.

hydruxo

I've watched CNN more in the last two weeks than I have in my entire life because this shit has been so crazy

Everyday there's are multiple bombshells, it's amazing

tuffy

I could've sworn Trump already said that he fired Comey to make the investigation go away at one point, before backpedaling and spouting some other bullshit reasons.

Trojita

Rapid Response Threadmaker
I think the thread title is screwing people up.

Pence isn't a Senior White House Advisor, he's the vice President.

Kushner IS a Senior White House Advisor, his literal role is Senior Advisor to the President of the United States which is interchangeably called "Senior White House Advisor"

Kushner IS a Senior White House Advisor, his literal role is Senior Advisor to the President of the United States which is interchangeably called "Senior White House Advisor"

Reince Priebus is not an advisor. Priebus is The Chief of Staff.

Steve Bannon has a new position that was recently created by Trump called "Chief Strategist". Whether this could be called a Senior Advisor position is anyone's guess, but it is technically closer to and comparable to Chief of Staff.

Edit: Wrong thread.

Creamium

shut uuuuuuuuuuuuuuup
Man that meeting in the oval office is really something now if you add it all up:

- meets with Lavrov and Kislyak in the oval office
- no US press allowed, only photos of Russian state press
- talks about him firing the FBI director
- calls him a nut job
- thinks the investigation will calm down now
- leaks classified info WTF

What a historic clusterfuck of a meet

KingK

So the White House isn't even denying that the President of the US admitted to obstruction of justice? What a time to be alive.
I mean, why even bother denying it? Republicans are the only ones who can touch him at all, and the absolute most any of them will do is be "concerned" while bending over to deflect and protect him.

Pastry

Banned
Man that meeting in the oval office is really something now if you add it all up:

- calls him a nut job
- thinks it the investigation will calm down now

You forgot about: leaks classified info to Russsia

TS-08

I think the thread title is screwing people up:

Pence isn't a Senior White House Advisor, he's the vice President.

Reince Priebus is not an advisor. Priebus is The Chief of Staff.

Steve Bannon has a new position that was recently created by Trump called "Chief Strategist". Whether this could be called a Senior Advisor position is anyone's guess, but it is technically closer to and comparable to Chief of Staff.

Kushner was also reportedly the one who Trump was mad at for convincing him to fire Comey.

“I just fired the head of the F.B.I. He was crazy, a real nut job,” Mr. Trump said, according to the document, which was read to The New York Times by an American official. “I faced great pressure because of Russia. That’s taken off.”

Mr. Trump added, “I’m not under investigation.”
onion_logo.png

liquidtmd

Banned
It's just efficient. There's only so many hours in the day, Spicer can't have a unique response for every act of treason Trump commits. This is like Branching Dialogue Trees 101.

Spicer has run out of variations of the same response so now is taking multiple arrows to the knee

- calls him a nut job
- thinks the investigation will calm down now

Your forgot the part where he shared classified information with a hostile government.

Top Bottom