• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Trump torches Obama

DeafTourette

Gold Member
Apr 23, 2018
I don't think it was Obama's incompetence that led to the economic stagnation and depleted strength, I think he intentionally wanted to hurt America.
That's all Presidents within the last 60 years. They don't care about any of us! Just their families and their bottom lines. Can you name ONE president who wasn't a millionaire before his run?

And? So him being a former Muslim is a bad thing? And we have to hate all Muslims? Is that why you posted that?

And the call to prayer IS a beautiful sound. I'm a Christian and I can acknowledge that.

Whataborman

Apr 19, 2018
I don't think it was Obama's incompetence that led to the economic stagnation and depleted strength, I think he intentionally wanted to hurt America.
Agreed.

Carter was an incompetent President who weakened America via his incompetence. Obama willfully set out to weaken America not only during his time in office but once it became clear that Trump was going to be President, he took steps to further destabilize the country by sowing the seeds of the Russia hoax.

autoduelist

Aug 30, 2014
Trump has talked about running for president for decades. The dude's taxes are likely squeaky clean. He's probably used loopholes but beyond that there is no reason for him to risk the ire of the IRS, and loopholes are by definition legal, and anyone doing taxes should aim for the minimum.

autoduelist

Aug 30, 2014
And? So him being a former Muslim is a bad thing? And we have to hate all Muslims? Is that why you posted that?

Where did the poster say a damn thing about hating all muslims? Seriously, if you want to jump to worst case interpretations it only makes you look bad.

As for Obama being Muslim, of course it matters. It's absurd to think the religion of a person doesn't affect their desirability as president. One major reason America has largely avoided Catholic presidents, for example, is there is the fear the Pope could exert undo influence over them.

We live in a dominant Western country, have suffered radical Islam terrorist strikes, and generally fall in line with traditional Christian values. It isn't wrong to assume, as a general rule, we would be led by same. Just like we don't expect Iran to have a Christian leader. Is Iran wrong to avoid that? Nope.

If research is to be believed, Obama had fairly radical beliefs, a fairly radical mentor, and non-traditional views for a good chunk of his life. Questioning that should not be taboo. Instead, it received almost no mainstream attention. Did it matter? Well, he certainly droned his share of Muslims, so it's not like it affected his foreign affairs too much. But he also was terrible for race relations in this country.

But don't shame someone for questioning a president's religion. We should be doing that. It is no surprise if a President's religion plays a huge part in their general world view, which countries they support, etc. There is a difference between an atheist, Catholic, Christian, Jewish, and Muslim candidate. And yes, you should judge each in part on that, because it will affect their policy.

Last edited:

DeafTourette

Gold Member
Apr 23, 2018
Where did the poster say a damn thing about hating all muslims? Seriously, if you want to jump to worst case interpretations it only makes you look bad.

As for Obama being Muslim, of course it matters. It's absurd to think the religion of a person doesn't affect their desirability as president. One major reason America has largely avoided Catholic presidents, for example, is there is the fear the Pope could exert undo influence over them.

We live in a dominant Western country, have suffered radical Islam terrorist strikes, and generally fall in line with traditional Christian values. It isn't wrong to assume, as a general rule, we would be led by same. Just like we don't expect Iran to have a Christian leader. Is Iran wrong to avoid that? Nope.

If research is to be believed, Obama had fairly radical beliefs, a fairly radical mentor, and non-traditional views for a good chunk of his life. Questioning that should not be taboo. Instead, it received almost no mainstream attention. Did it matter? Well, he certainly droned his share of Muslims, so it's not like it affected his foreign affairs too much. But he also was terrible for race relations in this country.

But don't shame someone for questioning a president's religion. We should be doing that. It is no surprise if a President's religion plays a huge part in their general world view, which countries they support, etc. There is a difference between an atheist, Catholic, Christian, Jewish, and Muslim candidate. And yes, you should judge each in part on that, because it will affect their policy.
As a Christian, I used to think that mattered... That the religion of an elected official ACTUALLY influenced their policies. But more and more I saw that what they PROFESSED to believe never actually influenced their policies. Quite the opposite.

It's ONE reason I stopped believing in these people.

And Obama can't grow? You said it was his past, right? Don't you Rs and Ds say that a person's past shouldn't color your view of them in the here and now? Unless it's the opposition, of course. Party opposition means nothing to me anymore. Rs and Ds are the same party... Just different names.

And I said what I said because...

1. This isn't a Christian nation. We don't have a state approved religion. And that's for the better.

2. He posted those things about the Muslim call to prayer and that Obama said it's beautiful... As if that's some alarming thing. As I said, as a Christian, I can admit that it IS a beautiful sound when it's done with a good voice.

Anyway... I'm bowing out... Y'all have a good night!

Reactions: SlaughterX

pennythots

May 14, 2019
trump's had 3 years to do whatever obama didnt

it's a sign of a weak man to talk about his predecessors, take responsibility and lead like a man.

Reactions: SlaughterX

womfalcs3

May 11, 2007
Calling a billionaire a failed business man.. TDS really has a strong chokehold on some people.
He was given what he had by his father. He's not a supposed self-made billionaire.

If it were Bezos, Gates, Musk, or Buffett, I'd agree with you.

Eiknarf

Mar 25, 2019
trump's had 3 years to do whatever obama didnt

it's a sign of a weak man to talk about his predecessors, take responsibility and lead like a man.
And Trump DID and continues to undo everything Obama did
He’s talking about it out loud so ignorant people hear it and know

Last edited:
Reactions: Whataborman

autoduelist

Aug 30, 2014
As a Christian, I used to think that mattered... That the religion of an elected official ACTUALLY influenced their policies. But more and more I saw that what they PROFESSED to believe never actually influenced their policies. Quite the opposite.
Of course it does. Maybe not the way you expect, or want, but you are throwing out all connection simply because the connection isn't as clear as you want it to be.

And you're wrong to think religion doesn't affect policy. A simple look around the world makes it blatantly clear religion deeply affects politics.

And Obama can't grow? You said it was his past, right? Don't you Rs and Ds say that a person's past shouldn't color your view of them in the here and now? Unless it's the opposition, of course. Party opposition means nothing to me anymore. Rs and Ds are the same party... Just different names.
Oh please, more assuming what other people say and mean. I'm not an R or a D. Both parties can go fuck themselves, they are businesses run by establishment cronies that have long sold out this country. It's why I support Trump for going buck wild on the establishment and the occasional fringe element who cares about liberty more than lobbyists.

But don't make the mistake of thinking both parties are the same. Both are terrible at times, sure, but that doesn't mean they don't represent a giant group of people and supporting one over the other doesn't tilt the country slightly, especially at a crossroads like we are now.

But this has nothing to do with the question at hand. Trying to pull the 'all parties are the same' and the 'all politicians are the same' and 'they aren't religious anyhow' cards all at the same time is just pointless dodge. Yes, we all know the establishment screws us. That isn't secret knowledge. But we still evaluate, rank, judge.

1. This isn't a Christian nation. We don't have a state approved religion. And that's for the better.
You realize your second sentence has nothing to do with the first, right? And yes, as a life long atheist I can absolutely assure you this is a Christian country by default. Maybe a lot of people only going to mass once a year, and sinning through their teeth, but Christian nonetheless.

2. He posted those things about the Muslim call to prayer and that Obama said it's beautiful... As if that's some alarming thing. As I said, as a Christian, I can admit that it IS a beautiful sound when it's done with a good voice.
And you also made massive leaps of logic as to his intent.

The religion of a leader matters. It is not wrong to say this. It isn't racist, or... anything. It's common sense that it will affect their policy, just as it's common sense the majority of people would prefer their lead politician to share their religious and cultural norms. Nobody should feel shame for that. It's in our best interest. What we need to watch out for are the wolves in sheep clothing, and in the political world, they're everywhere.

Last edited:
Reactions: Eiknarf

womfalcs3

May 11, 2007
Trump took the 5 million his Father gave him and turned it into just over 7 billion. He is definitely a self-made billionaire.
He's not as rich as he says he is, that's one, Plus, his father gave him more than that. If he were to invest in an index fund since that time and forgotten about it, he'd made more money than he has over the years.

A stupid/passive index fund beat him.

EviLore

Expansive Ellipses
Staff Member
May 30, 2004
He's not as rich as he says he is, that's one, Plus, his father gave him more than that. If he were to invest in an index fund since that time and forgotten about it, he'd made more money than he has over the years.

A stupid/passive index fund beat him.
Which index fund?

Reactions: onewingedhoneybee

EviLore

Expansive Ellipses
Staff Member
May 30, 2004
One that tracks the S&P 500.
Let's say he got his loan at 20 years old and put it into an S&P 500 index fund:

Current S&P 500: 2,922.

That's only a 443% return before fund expense ratios and taxes.

Forbes estimates his net worth as of 2019 at $3.1 billion. That would have required well over a $700 million "loan" (without ever paying it back).

womfalcs3

May 11, 2007
Let's say he got his loan at 20 years old and put it into an S&P 500 index fund:

Forbes estimates his net worth as of 2019 at $3.1 billion. That would have required well over a $700 million "loan" (without ever paying it back).
That's what fathers do. They often give or bequeath money to their children.

Cybrwzrd

Anime waifu panty shots are basically the same thing as paintings of the french baroque masters, if you think about it.
Sep 29, 2014
That's what fathers do. They often give or bequeath money to their children.
And yet somehow he has more money than what he should have had based on inheritance alone.

Why do you people make me defend him? Your attacks are so facile that you just make me pity you.

I’m so fucking tired, you have nothing. How about you make some arguments instead of just focusing on orange man and your racial hatred of him?

Are you even capable of holding policy positions?

Dr.D00p

May 23, 2019
Obama was a great orator but a very mediocre President behind the rhetoric.

..Trumps still a total asshole, though.

Reactions: womfalcs3

womfalcs3

May 11, 2007

"
Donald Trump’s net worth has grown about 300% to an estimated $4 billion since 1987, according to a report by the Associated Press. But the real estate mogul would have made even more money if he had just invested in index funds. The AP says that, if Trump had invested in an index fund in 1988, his net worth would be as much as $13 billion.

The S&P 500 has grown 1,336% since 1988.

"

Eiknarf

Mar 25, 2019
this right here is word
Wrong
Trump “torched" or counterpunched as I like to say.... cuz obama made a dumb video again saying stupid shit

you guys have to stop with your feelings

“I feel OBama was a good President”

enough of your bullshit feelings. I don’t care how he made you feel. What matters are, and were, his actions, and they were horrible

Last edited:

Eiknarf

Mar 25, 2019
Trump doesn’t start. He finishes, aka, counterpunches. He doesn’t let shit slide, just like Cuomo. They’re New Yorkers
If Obama didn’t open his dumb mouth in that retarded video he put out, then Trump wouldn’t have said anything. But all you say is “Trump said something”, without the true context of knowing that Obama opened his mouth first.

• Thoughtful
Reactions: Schrödinger's cat

crobb991

Banned
Feb 15, 2018
trump should just go into a hole for the next few months so he cant do any more damage..

once november comes and hes gone the world will look at america like the place to be again.

right now youre the laughing stock of the world.

take that muppet with the rocket launcher in subways... what is the actual point of that.

• LOL
Reactions: Brazen

Super Mario

Mario Mario
Nov 12, 2016
He was given what he had by his father. He's not a supposed self-made billionaire.

If it were Bezos, Gates, Musk, or Buffett, I'd agree with you.
There's been a lot of people who have been given a few million throughout time. None of them became real estate moguls, successful TV personalities, and POTUS. It really doesn't get more successful than that. The left hates success, and will denigrate it every chance they get.

Sacred

Aug 22, 2018
trump should just go into a hole for the next few months so he cant do any more damage..

once november comes and hes gone the world will look at america like the place to be again.

take that muppet with the rocket launcher in subways... what is the actual point of that.
So you are not even American, thanks for your worthless unneeded input.

HeresJohnny

Mar 14, 2018
So you are not even American, thanks for your worthless unneeded input.
Basically he just advised Trump to do what Biden's doing. Hmmmmmm. Hide in a hole because you're a laughing stock so the guy who's been hiding in a hole who is not only a laughing stock but needs adult diapers and a fucking Speak n' Spell to communicate apparently can win. Hmmmmmmm.

Last edited:

DeepEnigma

Gold Member
Dec 3, 2013
He's not as rich as he says he is
Sure, sure.

Every "rich" person has 747's with their name on the side. :messenger_weary::messenger_ok:

You need a new gig. You pop up repeating the same ole shit.

Last edited:

Eiknarf

Mar 25, 2019
That's all Presidents within the last 60 years. They don't care about any of us! Just their families and their bottom lines. Can you name ONE president who wasn't a millionaire before his run?

And the call to prayer IS a beautiful sound. I'm a Christian and I can acknowledge that.
Hmmm it matters. You should know this.

#Phonepunk#

Gold Member
Sep 4, 2018
the real estate mogul would have made even more money if he had just invested in index funds. The AP says that, if Trump had invested in an index fund in 1988, his net worth would be as much as $13 billion.
yeah i don't know how this is an argument unless you think the only goal should be making more money

like the funny thing is you are saying he should have left his money sitting in stock markets, when in reality he was building things, buying real estate, starting companies, etc. yes maybe they lost money, but that is a risk you take, when you try to do business, and not just leave your money in a fund.

it is funny tho, you arguing that a millionaire should have not invested in any projects and just left it in a bank. it's kinda like when people attack him from the right. "Oh he thinks he's rich? Well he's not rich enough!"

i mean no duh just letting his money sit in a bank would have been better if his goal was just seeing that number go higher. but that doesn't seem to have been Trump's sole goal. being President of the United States doesn't pay much money either. he could just have been a CEO somewhere raking in money. he didn't. almost like there are things driving his behavior other than a high number on his bank account,

Last edited:
  • Love

BlueAlpaca

Feb 6, 2018
I don't like Obama but unlike Trump he can do things like speak in coherent sentences and point out foreign countries on a map.

Reactions: womfalcs3

Vicetrailia

Mar 12, 2019
Trump actually inherited upwards of 460 million from his father. Yes Trump isn't a great businessman and he's not the public company CEO type, but he's bold, cunning and knows how to sell.