• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Trump's disclosure endangered spy placed inside ISIS by Israel, officials say

Gooooooooood damn I feel bad for this spy. I cant even imagine the courage it takes to be a spy inside ISIS.......especially a Jewish spy. To think that this brave person's life may end by unimaginable torture due to Trump......................Trump has to go; this can't keep going on; fuck every single thing about him. Israel must be livid.

At this point the only thing that would make this story even worse would be ISIS publicly executing this poor agent.

Hope they get him out

It's impossible to explain just how bad that would be. Israel would no longer share intel with the US and would probably publicly condemn us, then we would be stuck supporting a nation that shit talks us every opportunity, and the Alt Right/White Supremacist wing would go nuts pointing out "this is why you can't trust those people."

What isn't this guy going to fuck up before this year is over?

Hopefully, getting impeached.

So with this coupled with the Comey obstruction of justice, at what point are we in the right to start a Tahrir Square style occupation of The Mall in DC to demand congress impeach Trump?

Literally everything I was told Hillary was dangerous because of Trump's done in his first few months and even doubled down on.

-Private email servers and improper handling of classified information.
-Raising tensions in the Middle East and with Korea. (Not to mention randomly threatening Mexico with war.)
-Being generally "too emotional" to lead effectively.
-Intra-governmental conflicts of interest.

And that's not even going into all the stuff Trump's been projecting onto others since the middle of last year that we now know he was doing more than anybody.

And of course, all the Trump supporters I know now either "don't want to talk politics" or can say nothing but "well you have to get your news from both sides. Let's give him a chance."

Let's not forget the "Hillary would have done the same" from not just Trumplets but some progressives as well

Lev

Gooooooooood damn I feel bad for this spy. I cant even imagine the courage it takes to be a spy inside ISIS.......especially a Jewish spy. To think that this brave person's life may end by unimaginable torture due to Trump......................Trump has to go; this can't keep going on; fuck every single thing about him. Israel must be livid.

They have Arab agents as well.

Nekofrog

Banned
The financials of finding, recruiting, training someone good enough to infiltrate Isis and get real information most be astronomical. Ignoring the human element (because Trump won't give a shit if this poor soul suffers in any way because of him), I would imagine Israel would be pretty pissed that it's valuable resource is getting got by their own allies.

Jag

Highly doubtful the spy was Jewish. Better to use assets in place, of course that person's contacts are also at risk, but if the spy is discovered, it is a horrible fate regardless.

So the idea is that the Russians are going to tell ISIS and ISIS is going to kill that spy?

A) Russia will try to find this guy and make him their own

B) Russia figures out how we got the asset and how we moved information, compromising American intelligence operations.

C) Russia tries to get to him with Assad and blows the cover of said asset and his ability to give intel is gone and is likely dead.

Two Words

file.php

hirokazu

I hope something happens soon or a terrorist attack happens and all hell breaks looose.
Yeah, no thanks. I don't know why you'd hope for a terrorist attack just to undo something Americans did of their own free will. It's possible to undo it without people needing to die.

Doc Holliday

SPOILER: Columbus finds America
I'm enjoying Trump getting fucked over as much as everyone, but maybe the press leaks might endanger the agent even more.

I hope the press is being more careful than Trump was.

Jaeger

We do live in the darkest timeline. And it's one person's fault...

SARAH PALIN.

Think about it. She speaks in a weird dialect (that sounds like an heavy accent'd European trying to sound like an American) and uses odd lingo that no one else uses. And she said she can see Russia from her backyard. Of course, this makes no sense unless in her timeline the UNITED STATES IS FUCKING RUSSIA.

This clearly much more serious than Hillary emails private email servers. Where is Paul Ryan and the rest of the GOP party? Or it doesn't count? Party over country much? Each Republican should be prosecuted if this spy's cover is blown.

Ogodei

If the spy had access to media, they would have gotten their go bag and fled Jordan (or wherever they were) the instant the story broke. On a plane, on a boat, crawling over the border, whatever.

Dr.Acula

Banned
If the spy had access to media, they would have gotten their go bag and fled Jordan (or wherever they were) the instant the story broke. On a plane, on a boat, crawling over the border, whatever.

Remember, the Russians knew this info for days before the story broke.

I feel like we live in an alternative universe where Donald Trump can do no wrong. Guys, I think we live in the darkest universe.

He has been enormously inept and ineffective as POTUS constantly mired in self-inflicted chaos and everything seems to be falling apart. There's a bright light at the end of our dark universe. :)

Airola

I'm enjoying Trump getting fucked over as much as everyone, but maybe the press leaks might endanger the agent even more.

I hope the press is being more careful than Trump was.

Yeah, I've been thinking that too.

There have been people eager to hear what Trump specifically said. Currently whatever he said is known only by the people who were inside the room when he said what he said, and those who the Russian might have talked about it to afterwards.

But now as the situation is what it is and this whole thing has been on the air everywhere the people in ISIS definitely now know there is a mole somewhere.
If the actual discussion ever gets leaked and if it really had that sensitive information, the agent is done.

It's a double-edged sword. It is nice to be informed if something shady happens in the shadows so in theory it's good there are leakers like that to let people know about it, but on the other hand leaks like this have the potential to be the real reason why something potentially dangerous to someone actually comes into general knowledge, especially when there are tons of media around and everyone wants to beat others in telling the juiciest version of the story.

I mean, it is possible that Trump just telling it to the Russian wouldn't have caused anyone in ISIS know anything about the agent but now as it is the hottest news at the moment they definitely know there is someone somewhere.

Like, who ends up being the Geraldo here? Who ends up being the one that caused sensitive information to get into general knowledge in the end, Trump or the media?

But I guess the actual problem here initially wasn't the potential danger of this agent but the thought of "if Trump tells this to them now, what he might tell others later? We can't trust him with any intel in the future."

Top Bottom