• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Trump's Federal Government failure on coronavirus

Teletraan1

May 17, 2012
Canada
Oh gawd man. Way too personal. Especially for politics.

Please don't take this the wrong but I'm sure you probably will But I used to be like you. All passionate and full of fire over these Presidents and the rest of these damn politicians and their bullshit. I used to defend, engage in apologist nonsense when they screwed up. And they're ALWAYS screwing up. It would actually be comedy if many of the things they do didn't have such negative consequences for all of us.

I still love the debate, still like the conversation. But not when it's like this. Nothing good can come out of the names and personal attacks.

But I will continue to share my thoughts and positions. If those still offend, then this forum has features you can use for just such a situation. We CAN avoid each other. It's very easy.
What is too personal? I told you I don't give a fuck about you or whatever your angle is. The only offense I have taken with you is your peddling of misinformation and you have turned this into mindreading me and my anger levels and giving me we aren't so different you and I speeches while dodging any culpability on your lie. It is fucking bizarre.

• Fire
Reactions: Oner and matt404au

oagboghi2

Apr 15, 2018

Please don't take this the wrong but I'm sure you probably will But I used to be like you. All passionate and full of fire over these Presidents and the rest of these damn politicians and their bullshit. I used to defend, engage in apologist nonsense when they screwed up. And they're ALWAYS screwing up. It would actually be comedy if many of the things they do didn't have such negative consequences for all of us.

I still love the debate, still like the conversation. But not when it's like this. Nothing good can come out of the names and personal attacks.

But I will continue to share my thoughts and positions. If those still offend, then this forum has features you can use for just such a situation. We CAN avoid each other. It's very easy.
No one is fooled by the armchair therapist "I'm above it all" act.

It looks like you are just dodging his critique

infinitys_7th

Gold Member
Oct 1, 2006
Meanwhile, here’s a representative from the party seeking to regain power:

“You will see darkness!”
that would surely make AMERICANS feel reassured and confident, eh?
She starts talking about Americans who are sacrificing during this, and her first example is. . .students not going to school.

What a fucking dingbat.

HeresJohnny

Mar 14, 2018

Calls for full investigation into China are growing it seems. I think China is screwed in the court of public opinion anyway, but if they let this out (even if accidentally) and then tried to cover it up? Gonna be bad for them.

Mass Shift

Jun 12, 2019
NBC News' Peter Alexander to Trump last week: “Is it possible that your impulse to put a positive spin on things may be giving Americans a false sense of hope?”

NBC Nightly News tonight on hydroxychloroquine: "It is the drug that has sparked the most hope."

has it actually been approved?

cryptoadam

... and he cannot lie
Feb 21, 2018
All though I don't want to get my hopes up and the dude pushing this seems a bit sketchy, it would be hilarious if this drug actually did something against COVID and all the TDS heads have to literally swallow their words when they go get cured for the COVID 19. You should actually be forced to ask for the cure to the "Chinese virus" or you don't get it LOL.

Sakura Doritos

Gold Member
Mar 18, 2018

Didn’t you make it personal when you said take you at your word or be misinformed? I’m paraphrasing because I’m not going back to read your word salad anymore.

• Fire
Reactions: matt404au

Cato

China delenda est
Oct 27, 2017
Moore Park Beach
All though I don't want to get my hopes up and the dude pushing this seems a bit sketchy, it would be hilarious if this drug actually did something against COVID and all the TDS heads have to literally swallow their words when they go get cured for the COVID 19. You should actually be forced to ask for the cure to the "Chinese virus" or you don't get it LOL.
No heads will explode.
The story will change to "Trump must be impeached after trying to ban the miracle drug that all the doctors wanted to fast-track"

Reactions: cryptoadam

Mass Shift

Jun 12, 2019
The Trump mouthpiece, Fox News, could be in serious legal trouble for this:

The contrasts couldn't be more startling. Watching them pivot is like watching someone trying to ice skate uphill.

Ebola wasn't even an airborne disease and it's victims weren't contagious to anyone else unless you came in touch with the bodily fluids of someone already with symptoms. The people at greatest risk (once again) were healthcare professionals.

The thing is Ebola is 70% more lethal than Covid 19 when left untreated. If you started showing even the earliest symptoms of Ebola your ass was in immediate danger. And yet ironically it is Covid 19 that became the global pandemic where healthcare professionals are telling people with mild symptoms they can isolate at home with NO treatment at all.

Ebola didn't become a global pandemic and it STILL took 10 months to beat it back.

Dec 15, 2011
The Trump mouthpiece, Fox News, could be in serious legal trouble for this:

I for one would love to see mainstream media held accountable for any misinformation they are shown to spread.

As long as this accountability is applied to all outlets evenly, and not - as we see from our favourite TDS posters - a continuation of the "It's OK when we do it" mindset.

Last edited:

Eiknarf

Mar 25, 2019
The facts are:
Trump closed the fucking borders! No president has ever done that!
If Trump acted too soon they would have said he was being irrational.
Imagine out of nowhere there is a complete lockdown because ONE GUY HAS A COLD?

So there is no winning for him!

WHY NO RAGE FROM THE MASSIVE DEATHS FROM H1N1!?! Oh yeah! Because half white Obama was in office

• Praise the Sun
Reactions: LMJ and Oner

cryptoadam

... and he cannot lie
Feb 21, 2018
Goldfish memory here.

What was going on between Jan 16th and Feb 5th?

How would the media and Dems react if Trump banned gatherings above 10 which means no primary, no caucus, no debates.

Then remember what the Dems were saying about Trump day after day for months. Something about Trump above the law, Trump stealing the election, Trump is King.

So lets just imagine for a moment Trump on Jan 21st says all borders closed, no freedom of assembly, senate Trial postponed. Keep in mind the fury a phone call about coke head Biden caused

Eiknarf

Mar 25, 2019
Goldfish memory here.

How would the media and Dems react if Trump banned gatherings above 10 which means no primary, no caucus, no debates.

Then remember what the Dems were saying about Trump day after day for months. Something about Trump above the law, Trump stealing the election, Trump is King.

So lets just imagine for a moment Trump on Jan 21st says all borders closed, no freedom of assembly, senate Trial postponed. Keep in mind the fury a phone call about coke head Biden caused
Yup
Like I said, Can you imagine if there was a complete lockdown because one guy had it on Jan 20th!!???

I believe the failure or success is somewhere in the middle. Anyone can “20/20 hindsight quarterback” this now. But think of the fallout involved in a shutdown on 1/20!!!!

Trump did nothing wrong and every thick headed lib and dem knows it. They’re just responding due to blind hatred

Reactions: cryptoadam

Zefah

Gold Member
Jan 7, 2007
Goldfish memory here.

Seriously... I wonder if people have already forgotten about the impeachment trial that took place exactly when so many in here are screaming that Trump should have locked down the country. If he even floated the notion over twitter, we would have probably seen mass protests in the streets.

Reactions: DeepEnigma

Eiknarf

Mar 25, 2019
Sorry dudes, but I think Trump really handled and still handles this situation atrociously.
You should apologize- because you’re wrong
And I don’t blame you. It’s simple ignorance because you watch poor reporting from the MSM

crowbrow

Banned
Feb 28, 2019

So Trump not long ago was screaming on Twitter to GM to make ventilators. And now the administration doesn't want them because it's too expensive to make GM capable of making ventilators. I bet they are going to end up buying them from China at a super reduced price. Is this how they are going to take production away from China? lol If you're not willing to pay the prices for production on the west then China is going to keep producing for you. This situation gets more ironic with each passing minute.

Eiknarf

Mar 25, 2019
Ya I seen this earlier. What a joke. Fox should burn to the ground after this.
Oh gimme a fuckin break, exaggerator!!

The first time Fox messed up... and only slightly... and you’re acting like this!!

You and the main stream media have been overreacting on everything for over three years! I thought it was bullshit too at first. You Dems are like THE BOY WHO CRIED WOLF, so no matter if it’s Ukraine, Russia, Impeachment, Stormy Daniels, Kavanaugh, or Easter, you pieces of shit fly off the handle and certainly DO purposely go out of your way to TRY to make him look bad.

You got lucky accidentally and got one right

Cuz even if only 100 people got this and 6 people died from this, you would have used it as a way to blame Fox or Trump

Knock off the bullshit

Reactions: Oner

Batiman

Danger: male feminist
Feb 11, 2020
Oh gimme a fuckin break, exaggerator!!

The first time Fox messed up... and only slightly... and you’re acting like this!!

You and the main stream media have been overreacting on everything for over three years! I thought it was bullshit too at first. You Dems are like THE BOY WHO CRIED WOLF, so no matter if it’s Ukraine, Russia, Impeachment, Stormy Daniels, Kavanaugh, or Easter, you pieces of shit fly off the handle and certainly DO purposely go out of your way to TRY to make him look bad.

You got lucky accidentally and got one right

Cuz even if only 100 people got this and 6 people died from this, you would have used it as a way to blame Fox or Trump

Knock off the bullshit
You are delusional brother. First time Fox messed up? Only slightly? You have to be fuckin kidding me. I can’t believe anyone could actually think this. People really are fucking brainwashed. I ain’t a dem either.

Reactions: crowbrow

Eiknarf

Mar 25, 2019
You are delusional brother. First time Fox messed up? Only slightly? You have to be fuckin kidding me. I can’t believe anyone could actually think this. People really are fucking brainwashed. I ain’t a dem either.
We have a loser on the board!! Found him!!

When you’re out of your diapers, try to think of alllllll the times CNN and MSNBC and THE VIEW (whatever crap you watch like a dunce) jumped the gun and yelled, “THIS IS THE WORST!!”

it doesn’t matter if it was Jussie Smollett or Russia or the Ukraine or stormy Daniels etc. the main stream media reacts FIRST and in an accusatory way before they know the facts!.
So of course CNN was going to overreact when there was 15 cases of coronavirus. Just like they overreact on everything else I just pointed out above. Looked like more of the same from CNN

So, everyone’s first reaction is naturally ”the boy who cried Wolf”

You sound 13. Maybe 14.

Last edited:

monegames

Sep 26, 2014
Which is it? Did they screw up when they were fearmongering back in January? Or that video? Should we burn down all the media that downplayed the virus?

Batiman

Danger: male feminist
Feb 11, 2020
We have a loser on the board!! Found him!!

When you’re out of your diapers, try to think of alllllll the times CNN and MSNBC and THE VIEW (whatever crap you watch like a dunce) jumped the gun and yelled, “THIS IS THE WORST!!”

it doesn’t matter if it was Jussie Smollett or Russia or the Ukraine or stormy Daniels etc. the main stream media reacts FIRST and in an accusatory way before they know the facts!.
So of course CNN was going to overreact when there was 15 cases of coronavirus. Just like they overreact on everything else I just pointed out above. Looked like more of the same from CNN

So, everyone’s first reaction is naturally ”the boy who cried Wolf”

You sound 13. Maybe 14.
Dude yes most news stations are trash but fox takes the crown easily. I thought only brainwashed old people watch that garbage because they’re too old and ignorant and believe anything from these clowns.

we have a loser on the board!- That’s something a child would post.

Imagine watching Fox news........lmfao People really are getting dumber.

Last edited:
Reactions: All Hail C-Webb

Eiknarf

Mar 25, 2019
Dude yes most news stations are trash but fox takes the crown easily. I thought only brainwashed old people watch that garbage because they’re to old and ignorant to believe anything from these clowns.

we have a loser on the board!- That’s something a child would post.

Imagine watching Fox news........lmfao People really are getting dumber.
You’re embarrassing yourself here :(

crowbrow

Banned
Feb 28, 2019
I just read the Communist Manifesto and then I don't need to read any news cause Marx predicted the future.

• LOL
Reactions: Ornlu

TheSadRanger

Sep 5, 2013
Mckinney,TX
Sorry dudes, but I think Trump really handled and still handles this situation atrociously.
There's no way Trump holds on to the rust belt states that Hillary lost after this. As someone else pointed out, all Biden (or whomever) has to do is hold the ground that Hillary won and win 2 of 3 rust belt blue states.

There's no fucking way Trump wins Michigan after his remarks about the governor and medical supplies issue, that's a lost cause. PA maybe, we'll see. I think Wisconsin is a lost cause.

Eiknarf

Mar 25, 2019
There's no way Trump holds on to the rust belt states that Hillary lost after this. As someone else pointed out, all Biden (or whomever) has to do is hold the ground that Hillary won and win 2 of 3 rust belt blue states.

There's no fucking way Trump wins Michigan after his remarks about the governor and medical supplies issue, that's a lost cause. PA maybe, we'll see. I think Wisconsin is a lost cause.
Keep telling yourself that